BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,735
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 95 of 327 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
For the top teams I think the YJ's have the advantage in 2015 and 2017 and the TG's are better in 2016.
2018 is a toss-up and both of those teams might be better down the road than the older years.
Don't know the younger teams to comment.
From what I've heard about the younger teams, the 2019 blue coach does not want to play TG because of his strong dislike for SS. A loss to them would be disasterous.

Can anyone shed some light on the big YJ / TG feud.....Why the hate..... Please dont start the whole never won a major tournament or this coach sucks BS. I really want to know why its like the Hatfields and McCoys

The hatred unfortunately starts at the top between the directors and is extended through to the rest of the club's coaches, parents. Funny thing is most of the kids all get along, sad really. The YJ club seems to have this same relationship with all the other clubs that dare exist, but the TG seems to play the main target as they are the biggest threat to them. Look, in the end another large club came into existence, CR is still able to make a million teams and a million dollars. the hatred comes down from the top, let it go.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow Jackets are not getting the best athletes anymore. In 6th grade they get the kids whose parents know about the program and it goes from there. The 2017 age bracket is a good example, YJ have some girls from a lax town but none of them are the best athletes. Of course they will be good lacrosse players because thats basically all they do. YJ is happy collecting all their fees.

Obviously you have never seen the 2017 blue Yj team play. That team is loaded with talent. Please show me another team from that age group that is half as good?

I was at National Draw and M&D's 2017 Black team looked quite a bit better.

But they never played each other so you really cannot say. They will meet up this summer and then we will see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow Jackets are not getting the best athletes anymore. In 6th grade they get the kids whose parents know about the program and it goes from there. The 2017 age bracket is a good example, YJ have some girls from a lax town but none of them are the best athletes. Of course they will be good lacrosse players because thats basically all they do. YJ is happy collecting all their fees.

Obviously you have never seen the 2017 blue Yj team play. That team is loaded with talent. Please show me another team from that age group that is half as good?

Just goes to show how biased you are when those teams actually played YJ beat them fairly easily

When and where did they play last year? Never, would be the correct answer. Could have at National Draw but the YJ team couldn't advance out of the sweet 16 while the M&D team lost in the final. It's unfortunate when you get caught in a lie.

I have always heard the public education is poor in Maryland,where does anyone say they played last year? The one thing TG and YJ can agree about is the brackets were completely unbalanced last year with TG black2016, MD black2016,YJ blue2016, Suffolk all-stars2016, YJ blue2017 all on one side while the other side had very little competition so stop with the we made the finals thing.Your 2017 team would not have beaten any of the above teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just goes to show how biased you are when those teams actually played YJ beat them fairly easily

When and where did they play last year? Never, would be the correct answer. Could have at National Draw but the YJ team couldn't advance out of the sweet 16 while the M&D team lost in the final. It's unfortunate when you get caught in a lie.

I have always heard the public education is poor in Maryland,where does anyone say they played last year? The one thing TG and YJ can agree about is the brackets were completely unbalanced last year with TG black2016, MD black2016,YJ blue2016, Suffolk all-stars2016, YJ blue2017 all on one side while the other side had very little competition so stop with the we made the finals thing.Your 2017 team would not have beaten any of the above teams.

Nobody is claiming that the 2017 yj blue can beat a 2016 team. But any 2017 team would have a hard time with 2017 blue yj.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who has the best team at the 2016 age on Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't ask, but in my opinion a case can be made for any of three teams YJ Blue, TG Black, Suffolk All-stars in no particular order.

TG- Have beaten Suffolk all-stars but have lost to teams like Skywalkers,descent players, descent coaching.

All-Stars--Have beaten and lost to YJ Blue,lost to TG, not a deep team and depend on a few kids heavilly, well coached and play to their strengths well

YJ Blue have lost to and beaten suffolk all-stars, have beaten teams such as skywalkers, steps .Deepest of the teams with probably the best players, several have been playing varsity for a couple years earning all division honors etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you will see you have some top teams that on any given day can beat the other. i am talking about clubs top teams ( liberty yj tg express suffk alstars. i have a 2016 daughter and have been watching these girls on all teams play for years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG and YJ are very passionate about their lacrosse. The rivalry will make both clubs better. I was at the Stony Brook lax tourny over the weekend. There were TG and YJ players playing for various teams. Some teams had both TG and YJ playing on the same team. All getting along and playing lax. Coach Spalina was there enjoying the play. He made an interesting comment. Now some will say that he is in kahoots with CR, but the fact is he is a Div I coach and talks with many other Div I coaches. He stated that after the winter coaches meeting, and I quote "All roads lead to the Yellow Jackets". He was talking about recruits. Yes my daughter plays for the YJ. And that is one of the reasons

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hadn't thought of it quite that way, but just more proof that more clubs is a good thing for all players. If TG didn't exist, I don't think you would have that many more kids playing for YJ. So, it just grows and improves the sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't ask, but in my opinion a case can be made for any of three teams YJ Blue, TG Black, Suffolk All-stars in no particular order.

TG- Have beaten Suffolk all-stars but have lost to teams like Skywalkers,descent players, descent coaching.

All-Stars--Have beaten and lost to YJ Blue,lost to TG, not a deep team and depend on a few kids heavilly, well coached and play to their strengths well

YJ Blue have lost to and beaten suffolk all-stars, have beaten teams such as skywalkers, steps .Deepest of the teams with probably the best players, several have been playing varsity for a couple years earning all division honors etc.

Suffolk All stars2016 beat the real YJ blue? When?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The YJ blue teams are much better than the TG, Allstars and Express(joke) . The YJ blue play up a year against these teams. When the YJ blue play these teams on age its like taking candy from a baby, the YJ crush these teams. Don't put these organizations at the same level as the YJ!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG and YJ are very passionate about their lacrosse. The rivalry will make both clubs better. I was at the Stony Brook lax tourny over the weekend. There were TG and YJ players playing for various teams. Some teams had both TG and YJ playing on the same team. All getting along and playing lax. Coach Spalina was there enjoying the play. He made an interesting comment. Now some will say that he is in kahoots with CR, but the fact is he is a Div I coach and talks with many other Div I coaches. He stated that after the winter coaches meeting, and I quote "All roads lead to the Yellow Jackets". He was talking about recruits. Yes my daughter plays for the YJ. And that is one of the reasons

PLEASE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PLEASE

C'mon Keep paying your fees and drinking the Kool aid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those are some serious lists...

I have one question as an outsider to all this stuff. I saw the LI Wave play a lot this summer and they seemed pretty good to me. Where are they from and what is their deal? They are obviously not a big program like YJ and TG but I was just curious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep drinking the YJ kool aid. All who benefit from your annual dues and tournament fees appreciate your loyalty!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The YJ blue teams are much better than the TG, Allstars and Express(joke) . The YJ blue play up a year against these teams. When the YJ blue play these teams on age its like taking candy from a baby, the YJ crush these teams. Don't put these organizations at the same level as the YJ!!!!!

You are an idiot and I am sure not a YJ parent. That being said Liberty Express are definately a step below YJ Blue, TG Black, All-stars in this age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep drinking the Kool Aid. All those whose get a cut from the annual dues and other fees love your loyalty. Being on the 3rd team wont get your daughter into community college, but will keep CR swiming in $$$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be a Mt Sinai parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PLEASE

A yellow Jacket recruit offers cover to a coach when offering a spot. In football Do you draft a 1a or D2 kid on a flyer or do you draft from a big school when you can? Big schools like the YJ are right more than they are wrong. Good coaching playing against good competition makes a much safer pick

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Suffolk All stars2016 beat the real YJ blue? When?
They can't beat the YJ 2017 blue LOL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IF these teams get to pay each other let us examine your opinion at the end of the summer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PLEASE

A yellow Jacket recruit offers cover to a coach when offering a spot. In football Do you draft a 1a or D2 kid on a flyer or do you draft from a big school when you can? Big schools like the YJ are right more than they are wrong. Good coaching playing against good competition makes a much safer pick

Spend less on YJ's and more on tutor for writing and English.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are an idiot and I am sure not a YJ parent. That being said Liberty Express are definately a step below YJ Blue, TG Black, All-stars in this age group.

All Stars, Top Guns and Liberty are slightly better than YJs Blue in 2016.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All Stars, Top Guns and Liberty are slightly better than YJs Blue in 2016.

Your a moron , Liberty has lost multiple times to YJ and are not very competitive in this age group stop trying to stir the pot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many good teams at the 2016 age level. Have been at National draw the last two years and have seen All Stars beat YJ Blue both times. Fair and square.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many good teams at the 2016 age level. Have been at National draw the last two years and have seen All Stars beat YJ Blue both times. Fair and square.

Why is it people like you come on to a site and tell lies that are so easy to prove wrong. Then you will come on and state some new lie, you are pathetic. YJ 2016 blue lost to MD black 2016 last year and MD black 2015 the year before.Pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I bet your going to see a lot of Mt Sinai kids getting offers to SBU. There is a strong connection with that youth program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry meant to say allstats beat yj blue at Delaware tournament not national draw. All stars lost to tg but beat sky walkers (who beat tg). It's a strong age group with many good teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what happened to super star on ....

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Content Deleted - Reference to Specific Player
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets take a look at the facts, yes facts. allstars beat yj blue 2 times, yj beat allstars once, all 3 were close games, teams have to be considered pretty equal. now topguns had a beat down on the allstars like 10 2 in a 30 min game at allstar express last year. you do the math. lets see who plays at u15 nationals in florida this july and who is afraid. allstars where are you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets take a look at the facts, yes facts. allstars beat yj blue 2 times, yj beat allstars once, all 3 were close games, teams have to be considered pretty equal. now topguns had a beat down on the allstars like 10 2 in a 30 min game at allstar express last year. you do the math. lets see who plays at u15 nationals in florida this july and who is afraid. allstars where are you?

Funny you like to leave some facts out, sky walkers destroyed TG at Ase while losing to allstars and getting crushed by YJ. Yj has beaten all-stars more than once and have beaten TG in the best. The math is not so clear but agree National Draw and U15 should be interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately there are no tournaments out there where all the top teams show-up and play. U15 nationals has poorer representation among the top teams than some of the better Mid-Atlantic/NE tournaments. It would be nice if there was just one where all the top clubs attended.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately there are no tournaments out there where all the top teams show-up and play. U15 nationals has poorer representation among the top teams than some of the better Mid-Atlantic/NE tournaments. It would be nice if there was just one where all the top clubs attended.

There is when the girls get older. The Rivalry Challenge at Annapolis and PrimeTime in Maryland in the fall attract the best teams: M & D, Skywalkers, YJ, TG, etc. For the younger girls probably National Draw comes close

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is when the girls get older. The Rivalry Challenge at Annapolis and PrimeTime in Maryland in the fall attract the best teams: M & D, Skywalkers, YJ, TG, etc. For the younger girls probably National Draw comes close

Even that one is comparing apples to oranges as many fall rosters are very different than the summer team rosters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The U 15 nationals should be the tournament that any team that wants to claim to be the best goes to.Run by US lacrosse during the travel season and no area of the country in school. Teams from all over the country attend so if you do not go no excuses and if you win this tournament you should be able to claim a national championship and no one can take that away from you. Yes a win in showcase tournaments have some indication of a teams ability it is still not the same as a win during championship style tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you have to qualify for a spot in the u-15 tournament either by winning a regional or at large bid based on resume. only so many teams invited

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you have to qualify for a spot in the u-15 tournament either by winning a regional or at large bid based on resume. only so many teams invited

Then you have clubs that clearly belong there who flat out ignore the tournament, so what is the winner really? You have all these different tournaments trying to establish themselves as the premier, end all of championship tournies. Some are recognized and run under US lax and qualify teams to go to Disney. It seems like it would be the best bet if you could just get all the clubs to buy into it. They should also dump the FL location and do it up here in the northeast, save people some airfare, tournament might go over better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then you have clubs that clearly belong there who flat out ignore the tournament, so what is the winner really? You have all these different tournaments trying to establish themselves as the premier, end all of championship tournies. Some are recognized and run under US lax and qualify teams to go to Disney. It seems like it would be the best bet if you could just get all the clubs to buy into it. They should also dump the FL location and do it up here in the northeast, save people some airfare, tournament might go over better.

How does each organization decide what girls go as a team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How does each organization decide what girls go as a team?

Most teams hold a tryout. There is a birthday cutoff. (Born on or after September 1st). YJ won a few years ago w/ a combo of 2014/2015 girls. All legal because of birthdays. Organizations have a choice this year of 2015's who make birthday requirements, 2016 and top of 2017 group...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The U 15 nationals should be the tournament that any team that wants to claim to be the best goes to.Run by US lacrosse during the travel season and no area of the country in school. Teams from all over the country attend so if you do not go no excuses and if you win this tournament you should be able to claim a national championship and no one can take that away from you. Yes a win in showcase tournaments have some indication of a teams ability it is still not the same as a win during championship style tournaments.

Kinda silly to have a "National Championship" tournament that builds teams based on age when all the club teams are built based on graduation year. Seems like the club choice is to send an established younger age group team or, a group of girls that have not been playing together as a team. Why not grad year for Disney??

Florida might be too much of a time commitment not to mention a bit expensive for "everyone". Why not, as another poster mentioned, hold the tournament somewhere between Boston and DC? That's where the eventual champ (on the girls side) is going to come from.

Like Reply Quote
Page 95 of 327 1 2 93 94 95 96 97 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard