BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 52 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 51 52
Re: 2018 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Apuzzo 5 goals per game average out of conference
2 goals per game in conference

BC plays very weak non conference so lets not jump on KO for padding stats

We can jump on KO for padding stats, because she and JS do. Fact. It's independent of what anyone else is doing. She does, he does, and it's embarrassing.

We can jump on SA for padding stats because she and that shrill coach do. Fact( not really a fact but the clown above does not know what a fact is) .Its embarrassing as is the BC schedule, she actually schedules a cupcake non conference games just so that they can pad their stats its embarrassing.

She schedules non conference games that are close to BC. BC plays in the ACC, their schedule is way better than Stony Brooks. The points will only help Apuzzo win the Tew, its what she does off ball that will put her over the edge. No need for you to attack Acacia or SA, you seem bitter and like a pyscho.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your team plays in the ACC it would be poor judgement (aka stupid) to schedule a very tough non-conference schedule. Between the regular ACC season and the ACC tournament you are already playing 10 top 15 ranked games - in addition to that they played other good teams like USC and Navy. Seems a bit ridiculous to ask for more. Just how hard are you going to ride your players and hope to be healthy at the end of the year when it really matters. The goal is to be healthy and battle tested for the NCAA tournament - nothing more. It is great that they have a tradition of playing some great local schools like BU, Yale, UMass etc to round out the season and not fly all over the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, how is the 2017 recruiting class from Long Island making out so far this season? How are the girls on some of the top teams doing? Any surprises in terms of the girls that are excelling, the ones getting playing time or surprises regarding the ones that are seeing much of the field? Just curious on everyone's thoughts.

From the games I have watched, I think it is very mixed. Some girls are seeing a lot of playing time and actually having an impact while others havent played at all. Very interesting to see how it all plays out after you see how early the girls commit and where they end up going.

I have noticed that there is a 2017 from Long Island that goes to UNC that I have not seen play in a game which I find very interesting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You BC lackies are pathetic . First it’s “they play a difficult non conference schedule “ then when shown they don’t it’s it would be stupid to play a difficult non conference schedule . To back up this latest claim you make up some nonsensical 10 top 15 games lie . In general if you need to lie to support your claim you have a weak argument. I guess Acaicia knows better than AH, JL, CR, the only coaches who have won a national championship in the past decade and play difficult in conference as well as out of conference schedules. Staying local while playing in Cali also makes you look ignorant.
Facts 5goals per game in weak out of conference games
2 goals per game in conference while being removed from doing the draw in most
Not exactly player of the year numbers in her own conference let alone Tewaaraton like stats .
That said one heck of a good player and would love to have her on my team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is that interesting ? There are 2017's everywhere that don't play.Maybe your just trying to bring attention to this young lady because of her father.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you compare BC and SB schedules it is very clear that BC will play about ten Top 20 teams when you include the ACC tournament. Six ACC schools are Top 20 right now. SB will play half that number. Hard to dispute this fact but I am sure you will try. Also hard to squabble about whoever else BC decides to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apuzzo 5 goals per game average out of conference
2 goals per game in conference

BC plays very weak non conference so lets not jump on KO for padding stats

We can jump on KO for padding stats, because she and JS do. Fact. It's independent of what anyone else is doing. She does, he does, and it's embarrassing.

We can jump on SA for padding stats because she and that shrill coach do. Fact( not really a fact but the clown above does not know what a fact is) .Its embarrassing as is the BC schedule, she actually schedules a cupcake non conference games just so that they can pad their stats its embarrassing.

She schedules non conference games that are close to BC. BC plays in the ACC, their schedule is way better than Stony Brooks. The points will only help Apuzzo win the Tew, its what she does off ball that will put her over the edge. No need for you to attack Acacia or SA, you seem bitter and like a pyscho.

Spallina and KO padded stats last year and look what happened. She led the ncaa in scoring and still didn't win the big T award and will not win it again this year. And SB will score 900 goals this year and still not win just like last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One thing that never fails here is the BS talk. KO hasn’t taken a shot in the second half of the last three SB games all double digit leads. But once again don’t let the facts get in the way of your story. Facts over BS

That's a flat out lie. Why don't you peddle your propaganda somewhere else? And not only did she score the 18th goal in two of those 3 games, the stats sheet is littered w KO, TO, Murphy throughout. Joke.

Do you like telling lies?

UMASS LOWELL GAME:
SBWLAX18 2nd 22:49 Ohlmiller, Kylie Unassisted 18 4

CORNELL GAME:
SBU 2nd 22:53 Ohlmiller, Kylie Unassisted 3 18

Or maybe she's sooooo good she scores goals without actually taking shots? Unassisted no less. Both times. Needed those. I mean maybe UMass Lowell is coming back from 17-4? You never know. And how about Cornell? No lead is safe. 17-3. Nope. Lets take it to goal!

If Spallina and KO father could do it , they would. Talking to them , a point is a point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One thing that never fails here is the BS talk. KO hasn’t taken a shot in the second half of the last three SB games all double digit leads. But once again don’t let the facts get in the way of your story. Facts over BS

That's a flat out lie. Why don't you peddle your propaganda somewhere else? And not only did she score the 18th goal in two of those 3 games, the stats sheet is littered w KO, TO, Murphy throughout. Joke.

Do you like telling lies?

UMASS LOWELL GAME:
SBWLAX18 2nd 22:49 Ohlmiller, Kylie Unassisted 18 4

CORNELL GAME:
SBU 2nd 22:53 Ohlmiller, Kylie Unassisted 3 18

Or maybe she's sooooo good she scores goals without actually taking shots? Unassisted no less. Both times. Needed those. I mean maybe UMass Lowell is coming back from 17-4? You never know. And how about Cornell? No lead is safe. 17-3. Nope. Lets take it to goal!

If Spallina and KO father could do it , they would. Talking to them , a point is a point.

No class. No Sportsmanship. Really bad examples for the youth. Too bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you compare BC and SB schedules it is very clear that BC will play about ten Top 20 teams when you include the ACC tournament. Six ACC schools are Top 20 right now. SB will play half that number. Hard to dispute this fact but I am sure you will try. Also hard to squabble about whoever else BC decides to play.

Again another flaccid BC response .So you have switched your argument to about 10 top 20 teams . Another way to look at it is SB plays as many top teams as they can while BC plays as many weal teams as they can. The best coaches ( defined by coaches who have actually won NCAA championships ) play difficult non conference schedules , it’s hard to squabble with those facts.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again another flaccid BC response .So you have switched your argument to about 10 top 20 teams . Another way to look at it is SB plays as many top teams as they can while BC plays as many weal teams as they can. The best coaches ( defined by coaches who have actually won NCAA championships ) play difficult non conference schedules , it’s hard to squabble with those facts.

Agreed. And SBs non conference schedule is not close to those championship programs non conference schedules. What about this don't you get?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wait until the seeding. SB wont get a top seed. The committee knows plus JS has very few friends

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wait until the seeding. SB wont get a top seed. The committee knows plus JS has very few friends

They will be given what the committee believes to be the path of least resistance . NCAA wants SBU in Final Four and would love for them to be in the championship .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB vs. Hartford, 5 minutes left in the first half, 15-0. Scorers: CM, TO, KO and AK. Call off the dogs!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB vs. Hartford, 5 minutes left in the first half, 15-0. Scorers: CM, TO, KO and AK. Call off the dogs!

Typical JS napoleon complex. A disgrace to the sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guy is a foul mouth loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will be given what the committee believes to be the path of least resistance . NCAA wants SBU in Final Four and would love for them to be in the championship .

I don't see it that way, maybe im wrong

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You BC lackies are pathetic . First it’s “they play a difficult non conference schedule “ then when shown they don’t it’s it would be stupid to play a difficult non conference schedule . To back up this latest claim you make up some nonsensical 10 top 15 games lie . In general if you need to lie to support your claim you have a weak argument. I guess Acaicia knows better than AH, JL, CR, the only coaches who have won a national championship in the past decade and play difficult in conference as well as out of conference schedules. Staying local while playing in Cali also makes you look ignorant.
Not exactly player of the year numbers in her own conference let alone Tewaaraton like stats .

You guys crack me up a month straight arguing over this stuff. The bottom line is the winner will probably come from the winning team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys crack me up a month straight arguing over this stuff. The bottom line is the winner will probably come from the winning team

Exactly ! I really think it’s the same two or three people that respond to themselves on here. Zero common sense and tons of stupidity one ZbC guy an SB guy and a troll from MaryLand

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly ! I really think it’s the same two or three people that respond to themselves on here. Zero common sense and tons of stupidity one ZbC guy an SB guy and a troll from MaryLand

The winner of the National Championship OR runner up will also most certainly have the player of the year and it makes sense So let’s let this all play out a little.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Sorry for the late posting but taking a break from San Antonio and my 'Nova Wildcats National Championship. No worries the celebration will continue in moments!!

IWLCA Poll for Division I, April 2
Rank Team Record Points First Previous
1 Stony Brook 9-0 620 22 1
2 Maryland 10-1 591 1 2
3 Boston College 13-0 588 2 3
4 James Madison 9-1 540 4
5 North Carolina 8-3 518 5
6 Virginia 8-3 471 7
7 Florida 8-3 454 8
8 Northwestern 9-3 439 12
9 Loyola 8-2 436 9
10 Towson 8-2 411 10
11 Penn 8-2 402 6
12 Navy 9-2 320 13
13 Stanford 9-3 318 16
14 Syracuse 7-5 306 11
15 Duke 7-4 243 20
16 Southern California 7-5 227 15
17 Virginia Tech 10-4 215 17
18 Colorado 7-4 200 14
19 Penn State 8-4 199 18
20 Princeton 5-4 142 19
21 Notre Dame 6-6 120 22
22 Denver 7-3 104 25
23 Cornell 6-3 85 21
24 Johns Hopkins 7-5 63 23
25 High Point 7-2 42 25

Dark horse in tournament could be High Point go look at their schedule two losses to two quality opponents Upset Towson last year and has a great group of girls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The winner of the National Championship OR runner up will also most certainly have the player of the year and it makes sense So let’s let this all play out a little.

How does that make sense? its the best player award, not the best team award.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you see it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you see it?

If JS and SB have any friends, they haven't shown them any love in the past. I agree new winners for the sport would be great, just not sure anyone wants SB to be the team regardless of where the championship will be played

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How does that make sense? its the best player award, not the best team award.

History if you think it's any other way you are mistaken

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you see it?

If JS and SB have any friends, they haven't shown them any love in the past. I agree new winners for the sport would be great, just not sure anyone wants SB to be the team regardless of where the championship will be played

This has nothing to do with friends or not in the iwlca coaches poll SB was voted 1 and received almost every first place vote. If there was a way of "screwing them" that would be the place. Most of the seeding committee are not coaches but NCAA members Now is there a small school bias that's possible as on the men's side Albany men have gotten screwed worse than SB as has been discussed there as well. Guys it's early April let it play out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Sorry for the late posting but taking a break from San Antonio and my 'Nova Wildcats National Championship. No worries the celebration will continue in moments!!

IWLCA Poll for Division I, April 2
Rank Team Record Points First Previous
1 Stony Brook 9-0 620 22 1
2 Maryland 10-1 591 1 2
3 Boston College 13-0 588 2 3
4 James Madison 9-1 540 4
5 North Carolina 8-3 518 5
6 Virginia 8-3 471 7
7 Florida 8-3 454 8
8 Northwestern 9-3 439 12
9 Loyola 8-2 436 9
10 Towson 8-2 411 10
11 Penn 8-2 402 6
12 Navy 9-2 320 13
13 Stanford 9-3 318 16
14 Syracuse 7-5 306 11
15 Duke 7-4 243 20
16 Southern California 7-5 227 15
17 Virginia Tech 10-4 215 17
18 Colorado 7-4 200 14
19 Penn State 8-4 199 18
20 Princeton 5-4 142 19
21 Notre Dame 6-6 120 22
22 Denver 7-3 104 25
23 Cornell 6-3 85 21
24 Johns Hopkins 7-5 63 23
25 High Point 7-2 42 25

Dark horse in tournament could be High Point go look at their schedule two losses to two quality opponents Upset Towson last year and has a great group of girls

Do you think the teams or coaches give a crap about the rankings until the Tournament. Really get a grip.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you see it?

This has nothing to do with friends or not in the iwlca coaches poll SB was voted 1 and received almost every first place vote. If there was a way of "screwing them" that would be the place. Most of the seeding committee are not coaches but NCAA members Now is there a small school bias that's possible as on the men's side Albany men have gotten screwed worse than SB as has been discussed there as well. Guys it's early April let it play out

Congrats to CM for breaking the goals record.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question for those who watch SB religiously, what percent of Murphy's record breaking goal tally were a result of stat padding in games that were easily decided and what percent were clutch must have goals? And I don't fault the kid I fault the coach who loves this type of stuff

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I actually think the other way I think JS has too many friends and connections the media is all over their hype train. They get ranked higher than the should at times and the SB players are promoted like none other by major lacrosse media. Earlier in his career the coaches would stick it to SB but now they are just as guilty. We are from the island and my daughter goes to another top 10 school last weekend at our tailgate our coaches were talking to us about what a great job they do at SB. My wife and I said afterwards how we were really” surprised. Like the previous poster said they received almost every first place vote the guy was picked to coach US team offense. Don’t get me wrong I think SB is good and definitely a top 5-7 ranked team but NOT #1 or at least not yet. Maybe some parents of opposing teams dislike but I think people over hype SB because of him. Not trying to start a war yes they are good but over hyped and I think people are surprised at seeding time because the seeding committee is detached from lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well....look on the bright side......this hijacked thread/argument only has another month to go. Then these 2 can stop sniping at each other about 2 excellent players and the rest can talk about the season and all the other teams/players that competed this season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well....look on the bright side......this hijacked thread/argument only has another month to go. Then these 2 can stop sniping at each other about 2 excellent players and the rest can talk about the season and all the other teams/players that competed this season.

The Duke fr play yesterday? The one that a poster had, in the player of the year conversation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honest question for those who watch SB religiously, what percent of Murphy's record breaking goal tally were a result of stat padding in games that were easily decided and what percent were clutch must have goals? And I don't fault the kid I fault the coach who loves this type of stuff

Because of SB's conference schedule, most of their games are easily decided and they don't need clutch goals. There is plenty of stat padding when they're up by 10 or 12, but not sure that's a fair question in this case.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bad loss today for USC, not a contender and should drop from top 20

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke freshman faceguarded well by BC. Duke did same to Appuzzo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. They've been overrated since the get-go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the problem is there are no teams to jump up and take their place. Teams 20-25 are dreadful this year they keep losing and keep holding their spots based on their names

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In my opinion, their three most challenging games so far this season were USC, Northwestern, and Towson.

USC - She scored the first two goals, and then scored to make is 5-2 and 6-4. All in the 1st half.
Northwestern - She scored to make it 2-0, 3-1, and 6-2. All in the first half.
Towson - She scored to make it 2-0 and 7-4.

This season, they haven't had a real nail biter game that came down to the last 5 minutes. Is it because they are so good? Is it because they have a weak schedule? Time will tell. I can't speak to her other seasons - I'm sure they were a combination of some key goals and a lot of stat padding. Not her fault. She can flat out finish. You can't deny that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke freshman faceguarded well by BC. Duke did same to Appuzzo.

Ok Apuzzo face guarded and scored 3 goals 2 assists. How did that happen, must be a special player. Can you spell Teewaartin ...

Page 25 of 52 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard