BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Annapolis Hawks
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,915
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 114 of 268 1 2 112 113 114 115 116 267 268
(NA) Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TM,

When are the dates (to play and to register) and process to get invited for Ward Melville and Hot beds.

Would be great if one of the NYS D1 SUNY's did a NYS HS summer tournament series. Better yet, would be great if all three did tournaments, 3 weeks apart from each other just for HS teams. teams dont have to do all 3 but even 2 out of the 3 would be great.

Upper tier/Upstate schools could stay closer to home and play at Binghamton, then go down to LI
LI schools could stay home for one and go to either Albany or Binghamton.
Hudson valley teams your choice

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's ok. Your points were well taken and understood. I think unfortunately, the recruiting system has a flaw in it. If a player is not on a club team, they rarely are even ranked or seen. And pending the position, many of the individual showcases can be a waste of time, For example, the goalie and fogo position , more so the goalie is rough. So many showcases claim to limit the number of kids they take,but once there, your kid is on a team say as a goalie with 6-7 others. How much time is he really going to get to show what he can do when during the games there is a line of kids waiting behind him to jump in at any given moment. There are no guarantees he will even see a shot during his shift. I agree the prospect days are much more beneficial from the universities. This conversation started with the Northport coach who has a notorious and a history for providing minimal to no support for his players. It is a subject for me that hits home as my son was a former player who went through the process and has numerous friends and former team mates who went through the same. He goes through the motions but literally never follows through and although there a number of former players at different levels playing including top D1, ask any and none give any credit or reference to there former coach. They got there through the [ChillLaxin] of their parents, yes club teams and the prospect days. A high school coaches support and recommendation is huge in this process. You see players coming out of good school programs who rarely touch the field and are career backups getting signed just because of where they are coming from and the support of their high school coach. I know it isn't part of the job description but it has always escaped me why a coach wouldn't go out of his way to support his players in getting to the next level.

Originally Posted by TM@BOTC
I hear your points and they are all valid, and some true. A player not on a club team doesn't mean they are not good so I hope you don't think that was what I was referring to. Maybe the coach should tell the tournament directors of the teams merit and match them up accordingly.
But like you mentioned, there are also great showcases to attend and that would be my suggestion if your sons HS team isn't that strong and one thing I always recommend to my players is to attend prospect camps too so there are a lot of options....Im getting off topic but wanted to give my two cents.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Both those events are filled with high school teams from all over the country and yes they are great, but these teams come to play hard and win. They aren't doing equal playing time for non-serious players. They bring their varsity players. So if your kid is say the starting goalie going up against a top ranked private high school and at some point he is out there with 3rd stringers, how does that help him when he is getting shots taken on him from the crease and getting lit up?
That aside the point about being able to then go play club, not everyone has the ability from a financial perspective to play for some of the club teams. That is what these showcases geared towards high school teams then are supposed to benefit and supplement. The single parent who also has other kids in college might not be able to afford all the trips and the steep fee's involved with the club teams.
It is unfortunate that this isn't taken enough into accord. Just because your kid is not on club doesn't mean they aren't good enough to be.

[quote=Anonymous]The northport coach does have them do tournaments and showcases but his system is flawed. You are going to these evens against select teams from all over the country with kids looking to be seen for college as well as jell with their teams for the coming season. He is inviting kids who will never see the field on varsity let alone play in college and takes the "pay to play" approach so everyone plays equal time. So you are hurting your players who are there for exposure because yes if a college coach is there to see a specific kid he will, but the sidelines aren't full for the teams getting slammed on the 2nd or 3rd day because you haven't won a game due to this.

Good point and in that case, the starting and effective role players should attend since it is not a school event because those 2 events I mentioned are set up only for the HS teams so there is certainly a platform for them. And most of these events when you see college coaches, that means they are being compensated so they are forced to watch but not every college in attendance is being paid in which those coaches will be more inclined to leave like you said. Lastly, the reason why I agreed with the one poster who said the HS teams should attend 2-3 tournaments is because of everything we are talking about...this will allow the serious players to play on a club team and get exposure that way...

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
TM,

When are the dates (to play and to register) and process to get invited for Ward Melville and Hot beds.

Would be great if one of the NYS D1 SUNY's did a NYS HS summer tournament series. Better yet, would be great if all three did tournaments, 3 weeks apart from each other just for HS teams. teams dont have to do all 3 but even 2 out of the 3 would be great.

Upper tier/Upstate schools could stay closer to home and play at Binghamton, then go down to LI
LI schools could stay home for one and go to either Albany or Binghamton.
Hudson valley teams your choice

The NHLS is from July 6th-8th and HB is from July 16th-18th. Registration is most likely due no later than May 15th but they are among the 2 most popular HS only Tournaments so probably by May 1st. Are you asking on behalf of a team or out of curiosity if you don't mind me asking?

I think that would be a cool idea and maybe have it so the one on the island can have brackets based on how the teams did at those new tournaments to make it more competitive & a true playoff system for bragging rights but also a way to put together appropriate matchups to help teams not get crushed for the lower tier level teams.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
I know exactly how you feel 2nd and I too am bewildered on the lack of support by a lot of HS coaches. As for rankings, I you a going off of Ty, I wouldn't sweat it - look at his list and 47 of the 50 players were from NLF affiliated teams (I wonder why...sarcasm)

As for the showcases, that is a shame and highway robbery. One suggestion I tell people is to look at the size of the showcases and number of coaches attending. I prefer small ones with in between 160-210 players but 2 goalies a team should be the very most.

Northport isnt alone unfortunately - look at GC. They already have 4 2019 D1 commits and that's bc of Coach Finnell and Manhasset use to be the same under The helm of former HC, Bill Cherry.

It's ok. Your points were well taken and understood. I think unfortunately, the recruiting system has a flaw in it. If a player is not on a club team, they rarely are even ranked or seen. And pending the position, many of the individual showcases can be a waste of time, For example, the goalie and fogo position , more so the goalie is rough. So many showcases claim to limit the number of kids they take,but once there, your kid is on a team say as a goalie with 6-7 others. How much time is he really going to get to show what he can do when during the games there is a line of kids waiting behind him to jump in at any given moment. There are no guarantees he will even see a shot during his shift. I agree the prospect days are much more beneficial from the universities. This conversation started with the Northport coach who has a notorious and a history for providing minimal to no support for his players. It is a subject for me that hits home as my son was a former player who went through the process and has numerous friends and former team mates who went through the same. He goes through the motions but literally never follows through and although there a number of former players at different levels playing including top D1, ask any and none give any credit or reference to there former coach. They got there through the [ChillLaxin] of their parents, yes club teams and the prospect days. A high school coaches support and recommendation is huge in this process. You see players coming out of good school programs who rarely touch the field and are career backups getting signed just because of where they are coming from and the support of their high school coach. I know it isn't part of the job description but it has always escaped me why a coach wouldn't go out of his way to support his players in getting to the next level.

I hear your points and they are all valid, and some true. A player not on a club team doesn't mean they are not good so I hope you don't think that was what I was referring to. Maybe the coach should tell the tournament directors of the teams merit and match them up accordingly.
But like you mentioned, there are also great showcases to attend and that would be my suggestion if your sons HS team isn't that strong and one thing I always recommend to my players is to attend prospect camps too so there are a lot of options....Im getting off topic but wanted to give my two cents.

Both those events are filled with high school teams from all over the country and yes they are great, but these teams come to play hard and win. They aren't doing equal playing time for non-serious players. They bring their varsity players. So if your kid is say the starting goalie going up against a top ranked private high school and at some point he is out there with 3rd stringers, how does that help him when he is getting shots taken on him from the crease and getting lit up?
That aside the point about being able to then go play club, not everyone has the ability from a financial perspective to play for some of the club teams. That is what these showcases geared towards high school teams then are supposed to benefit and supplement. The single parent who also has other kids in college might not be able to afford all the trips and the steep fee's involved with the club teams.
It is unfortunate that this isn't taken enough into accord. Just because your kid is not on club doesn't mean they aren't good enough to be.

[quote=Anonymous]The northport coach does have them do tournaments and showcases but his system is flawed. You are going to these evens against select teams from all over the country with kids looking to be seen for college as well as jell with their teams for the coming season. He is inviting kids who will never see the field on varsity let alone play in college and takes the "pay to play" approach so everyone plays equal time. So you are hurting your players who are there for exposure because yes if a college coach is there to see a specific kid he will, but the sidelines aren't full for the teams getting slammed on the 2nd or 3rd day because you haven't won a game due to this.

Good point and in that case, the starting and effective role players should attend since it is not a school event because those 2 events I mentioned are set up only for the HS teams so there is certainly a platform for them. And most of these events when you see college coaches, that means they are being compensated so they are forced to watch but not every college in attendance is being paid in which those coaches will be more inclined to leave like you said. Lastly, the reason why I agreed with the one poster who said the HS teams should attend 2-3 tournaments is because of everything we are talking about...this will allow the serious players to play on a club team and get exposure that way...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How’s the St.Ants Penn State commit doing so far? Any minutes? Why is it that there’s players still on JV at St.Ants that are committed? For instance, the other Penn State commit and the kid from Brentwood. Shouldn’t players that are COMMITTED to a D1 college be moved up to varsity, since a college coach recruited them? Gosh, sick of seeing kids who are committed still playing with mediocre kids.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the Northport coach blew another game, it’s been happening for years. Most disliked coach in the town

Northport has an unbelievable youth program. More than 600 kids every year. Their JV teams (yes they have 2 JV Teams) usually go undefeated or only lose 1 or 2 games per season.

This year Northport has 3 kids starting for Michigan, 1 for Maryland, 1 for North Carolina, 1 for Binghamton, 1 for Monmouth, many D3 and JC players including the top scorers at NCC and at Navy Prep and they can't do more than win a 1st round playoff game with this coach. Crazy right. Hopefully the new AD sees all this and get's rid of him and promotes the JV1 Coach, who played at SBU with in the last 10 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You seem to know a heck of a lot about them so i would [ChillLaxin] you are from the town. So what do you think if this year's squad, strengths and weaknesses and where they could possibly go? Can they make the playoffs and get past round one? Granted last year they ran into Ward Melville in Round 2 and if i remember, for at least a half they were in the game.

But curious if you can break down this years team and any and all potential?

Looks like the Northport coach blew another game, it’s been happening for years. Most disliked coach in the town

Northport has an unbelievable youth program. More than 600 kids every year. Their JV teams (yes they have 2 JV Teams) usually go undefeated or only lose 1 or 2 games per season.

This year Northport has 3 kids starting for Michigan, 1 for Maryland, 1 for North Carolina, 1 for Binghamton, 1 for Monmouth, many D3 and JC players including the top scorers at NCC and at Navy Prep and they can't do more than win a 1st round playoff game with this coach. Crazy right. Hopefully the new AD sees all this and get's rid of him and promotes the JV1 Coach, who played at SBU with in the last 10 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How’s the St.Ants Penn State commit doing so far? Any minutes? Why is it that there’s players still on JV at St.Ants that are committed? For instance, the other Penn State commit and the kid from Brentwood. Shouldn’t players that are COMMITTED to a D1 college be moved up to varsity, since a college coach recruited them? Gosh, sick of seeing kids who are committed still playing with mediocre kids.

only 10 players on the field at one time and St A and Chammy can have over 15 committed players in a single class so you are always going to have D1 committed players on the bench and before the recruiting rules changed you had a plethora of D1 committed players on the bench or on JV at both schools - my guess is that in the coaches opinion, the players on the field are better than the the players on the bench

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's doing fine......Losers like you add zero value to this forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The northport coach does have them do tournaments and showcases but his system is flawed. You are going to these evens against select teams from all over the country with kids looking to be seen for college as well as jell with their teams for the coming season. He is inviting kids who will never see the field on varsity let alone play in college and takes the "pay to play" approach so everyone plays equal time. So you are hurting your players who are there for exposure because yes if a college coach is there to see a specific kid he will, but the sidelines aren't full for the teams getting slammed on the 2nd or 3rd day because you haven't won a game due to this.

Originally Posted by America's Game
I think its funny when a high school coach doesnt have the team play together over the summer there are parents that complain the coach doesn't do enough. Then you have high school coaches that have the kids do one or two tournaments over the summer and you have parents complain they do too much.

Meh - town teams should be ENTIRELY about improving a school's program, NOT about individual performances. If you're a player looking for recruiting exposure, there's a whole industry catering to that, and it's called Club, and relying on town team tournaments for exposure means you're doing it wrong. A quality player will have adequate exposure with their school team during regular season and playoff play, where the better players are going to get more time.

BTW, it's "gel"...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You seem to know a heck of a lot about them so i would [ChillLaxin] you are from the town. So what do you think if this year's squad, strengths and weaknesses and where they could possibly go? Can they make the playoffs and get past round one? Granted last year they ran into Ward Melville in Round 2 and if i remember, for at least a half they were in the game.

This year's team is very good. Good Goalie Committed to Wingate, 3 or 4 good Defense men, 1st line Mids are very good and are Juniors - 2 Mid Line is good and are Sophs. D-poles are good. Att 1 senior 1 jr 1 soph are Ok but expect most of the offensive to be run through the Mids. FOGO - very good.

Typical NPT Team, solid will make the playoffs win 1st yound and then lose to the better coached teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
gel: a jellylike substance containing a cosmetic, medicinal, or other preparation.

jell: (of people) relate well to one another.

That's your first mistake. 2nd, if you are a town team going to recruiting showcases, well there is another mistake.

The northport coach does have them do tournaments and showcases but his system is flawed. You are going to these evens against select teams from all over the country with kids looking to be seen for college as well as jell with their teams for the coming season. He is inviting kids who will never see the field on varsity let alone play in college and takes the "pay to play" approach so everyone plays equal time. So you are hurting your players who are there for exposure because yes if a college coach is there to see a specific kid he will, but the sidelines aren't full for the teams getting slammed on the 2nd or 3rd day because you haven't won a game due to this.

Originally Posted by America's Game
I think its funny when a high school coach doesnt have the team play together over the summer there are parents that complain the coach doesn't do enough. Then you have high school coaches that have the kids do one or two tournaments over the summer and you have parents complain they do too much.

Meh - town teams should be ENTIRELY about improving a school's program, NOT about individual performances. If you're a player looking for recruiting exposure, there's a whole industry catering to that, and it's called Club, and relying on town team tournaments for exposure means you're doing it wrong. A quality player will have adequate exposure with their school team during regular season and playoff play, where the better players are going to get more time.

BTW, it's "gel"...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Port v Pequa for the A title so far

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you high Port for title!! Pequa yes port no

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thought this was a joke at first but then I looked at their schedule and I do not see a team on the schedule that will even challenge them, They will be undefeated going into the LIC and I doubt WM or SW can stay with them - anything less than an undefeated state championship for this squad would be a huge disappointment

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If this is a Port parent please stop hitting the bottle at lunch. Dont write checks your kids can not cash. Port has to get past Farmingdale and Syosset first. Both teams are very well coached unlike Port. Ports coach is big baby on the sideline who completely loses it and loses control of the game. Refs hate him. You will never get calls because of him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If this is a Port parent please stop hitting the bottle at lunch. Dont write checks your kids can not cash. Port has to get past Farmingdale and Syosset first. Both teams are very well coached unlike Port. Ports coach is big baby on the sideline who completely loses it and loses control of the game. Refs hate him. You will never get calls because of him.

Doubt it's a Port parent. Just some numb nut stirring the pot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ah, so your kid has to be one of those 1st line Mids. Picked up on the credit you gave to every other kid as good but that 1st mid line as very good. Sorry, i question just cause my son rides the bench for Hills East and no disrespect, but it wasn't your 1st mid line nor anyone other than your goalie and his D that kept you from getting blown out by double digits last week. Your goalie is much better than good and I am figuring ifr all the trash said about the coach is true not helping his players with recruiting , he would be going to a different school, likely even a D1. That kid put on a show and your dpoles did as much. Your defense is going to keep you in every game this year even against teams like Smithtown and WM and your offense needs to pull their weight and do more than get outshot like they did.

This year's team is very good. Good Goalie Committed to Wingate, 3 or 4 good Defense men, 1st line Mids are very good and are Juniors - 2 Mid Line is good and are Sophs. D-poles are good. Att 1 senior 1 jr 1 soph are Ok but expect most of the offensive to be run through the Mids. FOGO - very good.

Typical NPT Team, solid will make the playoffs win 1st yound and then lose to the better coached teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ah, that great 1st middie line that never got a shot off in the last minute, that got stripped and cost you the game against hills east? That line? Sorry, my kids on Whitman and we get the game film and saw it play out. The strip was bad enough but you could have knocked the kid out of bounds instead of stick checking and giving up a fast break and a shot that was less than 10 yards out. But yeah, that is partially the coaches fault. Sports 101. Hold the ball for the last shot or go into overtime. You should have won that game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ah, that great 1st middie line that never got a shot off in the last minute, that got stripped and cost you the game against hills east? That line? Sorry, my kids on Whitman and we get the game film and saw it play out. The strip was bad enough but you could have knocked the kid out of bounds instead of stick checking and giving up a fast break and a shot that was less than 10 yards out. But yeah, that is partially the coaches fault. Sports 101. Hold the ball for the last shot or go into overtime. You should have won that game.

Are you posters adults? If so there’s no wonder so many kids act like morons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw the Newsday top 100 players and it is easy to see that most kids are on and others are not for a variety of reasons. The Herzog guy is a dope and normally doesn't get much right but to say a kid scored twice as many goals as proof that the kid is deserving of being on the list is absurd, Does responsible reporting mean anything to this guy, the stats from last year can easily be checked on his own papers website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NCC and Navy Prep really?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw the Newsday top 100 players and it is easy to see that most kids are on and others are not for a variety of reasons. The Herzog guy is a dope and normally doesn't get much right but to say a kid scored twice as many goals as proof that the kid is deserving of being on the list is absurd, Does responsible reporting mean anything to this guy, the stats from last year can easily be checked on his own papers website.

Stats on the site can only measure the range, there is no accuracy. Kids names spelt 2/3 ways,. Stats never recorded correctly (over/under) .

For the most part,. The top 100 Isn't too far off, you always have 10 you can argue for or against

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is an stunad. He had a goalie on i believe just because he is committed to St. Joe's on the Island. The best reason i think was he had like close to 100 saves last season. My kids teams goalie had like 200, made all county and isn't on the list. Guess it is who kisses a little....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't see anything wrong with the banter these guys are having. Nothing moronic at all Just talking about one program really which is actually a welcome to what usually occurs on this site.

Are you posters adults? If so there’s no wonder so many kids act like morons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any scores from this mornings games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Northport beat up Sachem North 15-3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big Game today West Islip vs Riverhead
Big game tomorrow
HHW vs Harborfields
Islip vs ESm
Mt Si vs SWR
Why was Smithtown East and Huntington postpone?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No LI boys on UA All-America?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big game tomorrow
HHW vs Harborfields
Islip vs ESm
Mt Si vs SWR

West Islip Beat Riverhead 8-7

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big game tomorrow
HHW vs Harborfields
Islip vs ESm
Mt Si vs SWR

West Islip Beat Riverhead 8-7

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI Won 8-7

Northport beat up Sachem North 15-3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tryout is in June, isn't it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No tryout for senior game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stats on the site can only measure the range, there is no accuracy. Kids names spelt 2/3 ways,. Stats never recorded correctly (over/under) .

For the most part,. The top 100 Isn't too far off, you always have 10 you can argue for or against

Off by 20-30 points . Nah I can't accept it and it never is an under always greater. It especially gets fraudulent when a team records more [ChillLaxin] than goals. Hockey [ChillLaxin] don't count in High School Lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Senior AAs are chosen, no tryout, the last couple of years LI was well represented. 1st picks are considered the best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big game tomorrow
HHW vs Harborfields
Islip vs ESm
Mt Si vs SWR

Snow on turf

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Senior AAs are chosen, no tryout, the last couple of years LI was well represented. 1st picks are considered the best.

Thanks, this is my first time around any of this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC up 4-3 over Salesian (DE) with 4 mins left in first half.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WI always takes a lot of shots, thats how you score

Like Reply Quote
Page 114 of 268 1 2 112 113 114 115 116 267 268
Quick Reply