BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 91 of 327 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I guess you have not seen awesome athletes before, come watch the YJ blue girls play and you will understand!!!

Bert blue, sure. Other blue has a few excellent players, but level is not even close to top blue team.

That is why calling two teams blue is ridiculous. If the teams are not divided somewhat equal, then what purpose does calling two teams blue possibly serve if one is clearly not on the same level. I know parents of new players going on abouut making and playing for the blue team, they aren't even aware many age groups have two blue teams. I would rather just say my daughter plays for gold if asked rather than say blue then have to go through the whole "real blue?", nonsense.

I think most YJ kids are just saying ABCD team. Seems easiest.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what age group r u talking about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you have not seen awesome athletes before, come watch the YJ blue girls play and you will understand!!!

Bert blue, sure. Other blue has a few excellent players, but level is not even close to top blue team.

That is why calling two teams blue is ridiculous. If the teams are not divided somewhat equal, then what purpose does calling two teams blue possibly serve if one is clearly not on the same level. I know parents of new players going on abouut making and playing for the blue team, they aren't even aware many age groups have two blue teams. I would rather just say my daughter plays for gold if asked rather than say blue then have to go through the whole "real blue?", nonsense.

the parents know so the kids know

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the YJ web site there are not any colors , numbers , letters ect. affiliated with any teams it is done by coach name only. Everybody in YJ associated in the YJ Org knows who the top team is in each age group

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the YJ web site there are not any colors , numbers , letters ect. affiliated with any teams it is done by coach name only. Everybody in YJ associated in the YJ Org knows who the top team is in each age group
They also know which kid's are on a team solely by association , not merit.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like your kid is one of those kids who is not very good but has parents that keep telling her its unfair instead of to go and practice. Tell your kid to practice and become so good that the coach of the top team says that they have to have her.Believe it or not it happens all the time, the coaches want the best kids available and the top team gets the top picks, so stop being a baby and tell your kid to practice.How many kids do you believe make the top team because of connections and not perceived skill.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are 100# correct

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
definately not merit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like your kid is one of those kids who is not very good but has parents that keep telling her its unfair instead of to go and practice. Tell your kid to practice and become so good that the coach of the top team says that they have to have her.Believe it or not it happens all the time, the coaches want the best kids available and the top team gets the top picks, so stop being a baby and tell your kid to practice.How many kids do you believe make the top team because of connections and not perceived skill.

You are 100% WRONG

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

for the younger ages it is probably 1/6th of team, bet coach is kicking herself for some of those picks.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

for the younger ages it is probably 1/6th of team, bet coach is kicking herself for some of those picks.
We'll have to wait and see this summer which comment is more accurate. Keep in mind, that there has already been a lot of grumbling on the sidelines of the 6th and 5th grade practices about kids that are there for the wrong reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We'll have to wait and see this summer which comment is more accurate. Keep in mind, that there has already been a lot of grumbling on the sidelines of the 6th and 5th grade practices about kids that are there for the wrong reason.

You may not see a major difference in these teams this season anyway. The girls in question are no better than the kids they replaced and when push comes to shove their playing time may show that (unfortunately). Parents are grumbling on the sidelines that there were clearly some other girls that may have been better than some taken. But doesn't that always happen. Watching the new girls on the team at practice and it's quite obvious to me with a couple of them that the coach wanted girls to fit on defense that had size and were very aggressive. Sometimes pure talent doesn't win out...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Having gone through the process several times I watch many of the girls from town teams gravitate to travel ball. After watching girls play on the pal league game in and game out for several years you get to know which one are strong, weak etc..... then they go to travel tryouts and many times see weak girls on better teams than stronger, usually at the young age, then it corrects itself after a couple years. Is it politics or the idea that tryouts is hard to really sort out the talent. There is no substitute to see the kids in real games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too funny ,a lot of grumbling. Go talk to the coach of the 5 th grade top team. She is thrilled with the level of talent on that team from top to bottom and politics seems to have played no role at all.Agreed 6 th grade group seems like some towns are unfairly represented and they have way too many kids .If you are thinking that the lower level team is going to beat the top team this summer you ate really sad, not going to happen but good luck to your team, you will need it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rumblings on 2018 as well over some new additions who have special ties.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too funny ,a lot of grumbling. Go talk to the coach of the 5 th grade top team. She is thrilled with the level of talent on that team from top to bottom and politics seems to have played no role at all.Agreed 6 th grade group seems like some towns are unfairly represented and they have way too many kids .If you are thinking that the lower level team is going to beat the top team this summer you ate really sad, not going to happen but good luck to your team, you will need it.

it's pretty much the same team as last year, so what are we talking about? and the decline is fast and furious from there, remaining four teams go from weak to unwatchable, but there money is as elite as anyone elses

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You talking about the 5th or 6th grade teams why r yj parents being so nasty to each other arent we hated enough by everyone else

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rumblings on 2018 as well over some new additions who have special ties.

Every age and every club has them. They know who they are. Everyone knows who they are. I wouldn't want my child be the kid on the blue team who doesn't belong and I am sure that kid, the cousin, sister, friend whoever is not happy. It is the kid no one want to pass to or partner up with. By 8th or 9th grade they all find there place. I'm not concerned. Those parents will be embarrassed on the side line when their kid stands out! A lot of people at the younger ages all think their a kids are great, the they go play for a club and realize they aren't, wait foe the season to start. Let it go. Tell your kid to work hard if they want to move.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You talking about the 5th or 6th grade teams why r yj parents being so nasty to each other arent we hated enough by everyone else

What makes you think its YJ parents, very well could be parents who just want to cause issues from other clubs as you said we are hated enough although I would have said envied.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is directed at YJ, TG, Express, Liberty, and 91 parents (Although YJ parents seem to be a little bit more full of themselves). I have a daughter like everyone else on this site. My daughter happens to be an exceptional player, and I'm sure she could play YJ Lax. She has very good friends that play YJ (who are excellent players). We choose to have her play with a certain club because we are not traveling out to YJ practices. If YJ's were the best in her age, and she made the team, we would still have her play elsewhere. My daughter is an honors student in one of the top schools on LI with an almost perfect GPA, and that's all that matters....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is directed at YJ, TG, Express, Liberty, and 91 parents (Although YJ parents seem to be a little bit more full of themselves). I have a daughter like everyone else on this site. My daughter happens to be an exceptional player, and I'm sure she could play YJ Lax. She has very good friends that play YJ (who are excellent players). We choose to have her play with a certain club because we are not traveling out to YJ practices. If YJ's were the best in her age, and she made the team, we would still have her play elsewhere. My daughter is an honors student in one of the top schools on LI with an almost perfect GPA, and that's all that matters....

That perfect GPA won't necessarily get her into Princeton. But the right exposure on the right lacrosse team might. Case in point: A friend of mine's daughter had all the best numbers, like sick amazing 36 ACT etc. Couldnt get into her dream school (Princeton). Friend who plays for YG. Very good student with no-where near same amazing numbers...yup: Princeton. Acceptance rate at the best schools hovers from 6%-10%. Great GPA kids are a dime a dozen. If you are not playing for a very good program that has exposure. I would say Liberty might come in second, then you are not getting into your dream school. Well you might, but only as a bench warmer. Just understand that.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

That perfect GPA won't necessarily get her into Princeton. But the right exposure on the right lacrosse team might. Case in point: A friend of mine's daughter had all the best numbers, like sick amazing 36 ACT etc. Couldnt get into her dream school (Princeton). Friend who plays for YG. Very good student with no-where near same amazing numbers...yup: Princeton. Acceptance rate at the best schools hovers from 6%-10%. Great GPA kids are a dime a dozen. If you are not playing for a very good program that has exposure. I would say Liberty might come in second, then you are not getting into your dream school. Well you might, but only as a bench warmer. Just understand that.

That's called the Preferential Pool. However, do not be decieved that grades are not important, let's not spread that message.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
You are only fooling yourself with the assertion that Ivy League acceptance rates for top level students can somehow be dramatically skewed by sports participation. Further, a well-recruited student-athlete's club team actually will not hold as much relevance in the long run as many would like to believe. College coaches recruit players not teams nor reputations.

Many Ivy League athletic programs afford their coaches so-called "Golden Tickets" which allows the coach to walk a bottom quartile player through admissions based on their sports skills. Find out whether there is interest in your player as a golden ticket player and you will know your true ranking among an Ivy League coaches recruits. Depending on the institution and program, up to four golden tickets for lacrosse in a given recruiting class might be available.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
That's called the Preferential Pool. However, do not be decieved that grades are not important, let's not spread that message.
Spoken as if you have been through this process on more than one occasion - and perhaps more than one sport grin

Thank you for the contribution.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you expect her to say? Of course she will say that, any good coach would. The fact remains that it is obvious to all, who should not be on team. You are right when you say talent dropoff is steep on remainig teams, picture yourself in those parents shoes. Not pretty. So the girls will practice hard and compete harder, because someone says thats why they weren't chosen, but we all know that is truly a false statement. Another comment was about aggressiveness, that will get you so far. Watch how many fouls will be called on your so called aggressive kids. Good luck to the girls and better luck to the ones who truly should be here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok I'll bite. I will go on record that my daughter does not play for the YJ's and won't play for them. I don't envy the YJ's at all. To each their own and in your case it is best to stay together and keep drinking the koolaide. YJ's were first program on LI. Now they are the biggest.

Does that make them the best - no.
Are their "real" blue teams very good - absolutely.
Do they have good kids - Yes.
Do they have good parents - yes.
Do they have kids who are over the line and parents who are over the line - Definitely.
Do they have coaches who are over the line - yes.

YJ's are all about winning at all costs. Coaches get away with anything they want and have no problem telling kids and teams that they suck. They have parents who criticize other players as well. Not all the parents - but enough of them.

Do YJ's help get kids into college by playing for them - yes.
However, many of these girls would get into these schools on their own without the YJ's. Yes they have some Ivy's and some good schools in their commitment list, but they also have some week academic schools as well. Hint: You are the biggest program you should have the most commitments.

I'd rather send my daughter to a lesser ranked lacrosse college that has a higher academic profile. In the end you will have your degree for the rest of your life, college lacrosse will be for 4 years. I have seen firsthand, YJ's directing kids to better lacrosse programs than better academic fits. Why - it looks better for YJ's when they say we have x amount of players playing for top lacrosse programs.

As they say, where there is smoke there is usually fire. You obviously have your supporters internally, but you also have plenty of people who do know the facts and are just as happy not being a YJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In addition to being super-duper crazy amazing at everything, is she also the most delightfully modest girl in the whole world....just like her mom?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
almost perfect GPA? that is unexceptable, dat gurl shud study moor i was not able two play sports four the tree years i was in six grade bee cause of my GPA butt my grades gotten beter n now their ain't a sport I don't xcel at shocked

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok I'll bite. I will go on record that my daughter does not play for the YJ's and won't play for them. I don't envy the YJ's at all. To each their own and in your case it is best to stay together and keep drinking the koolaide. YJ's were first program on LI. Now they are the biggest.

Does that make them the best - no.
Are their "real" blue teams very good - absolutely.
Do they have good kids - Yes.
Do they have good parents - yes.
Do they have kids who are over the line and parents who are over the line - Definitely.
Do they have coaches who are over the line - yes.

YJ's are all about winning at all costs. Coaches get away with anything they want and have no problem telling kids and teams that they suck. They have parents who criticize other players as well. Not all the parents - but enough of them.

Do YJ's help get kids into college by playing for them - yes.
However, many of these girls would get into these schools on their own without the YJ's. Yes they have some Ivy's and some good schools in their commitment list, but they also have some week academic schools as well. Hint: You are the biggest program you should have the most commitments.

I'd rather send my daughter to a lesser ranked lacrosse college that has a higher academic profile. In the end you will have your degree for the rest of your life, college lacrosse will be for 4 years. I have seen firsthand, YJ's directing kids to better lacrosse programs than better academic fits. Why - it looks better for YJ's when they say we have x amount of players playing for top lacrosse programs.

As they say, where there is smoke there is usually fire. You obviously have your supporters internally, but you also have plenty of people who do know the facts and are just as happy not being a YJ.

Very well said. There is alot of smoke surrounding their questionable intentions...surely the fire will come out soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know anything about this YJ north team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a franchise deal, Tracy running college stuff and the rest of the staff local from up there in Somers NY. taking YJ national! Do you feel elite anymore? Could be 6-8 YJ teams in total in each age. NJ YJ are next. CR is brilliant and people keeping buying in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't it based out of CT now? Somers is off the table? Strange.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a franchise deal, Tracy running college stuff and the rest of the staff local from up there in Somers NY. taking YJ national! Do you feel elite anymore? Could be 6-8 YJ teams in total in each age. NJ YJ are next. CR is brilliant and people keeping buying in.

Why do you TG people feel so threatened by the number of teams YJ has, you would do the same if the interest level was there to play for a club who have never had a team win a significant tourrnament. Your 2 nd level teams are horrible and are certainly not the top guns of our time.You finally had enough kids show up at the 2018 age so you made a third team.In the future maybe you will have more teams when parents want to pay for terrible uniforms ,bad coaching, and teams that never win anything.You should have even more kids show up when people finally realize Shannon is having less and less to do with the team and her father will now be taking complete control, the only thing on his lacrosse resume is fathering a very ,very talented player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haven't heard much really. How would you all rank those Westchester-area teams?

I think:
Metro (a little of northern NJ too)
Hurricanes
Landsharks
Westchester Elite

I don't if you are getting players from those well established programs to jump to a YJ team. plus, CT has lots of well respected teams too. difficult to see where YJ north fits in. It may take them a while before they really get off the ground.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't write the post up there, but how do you know it's a TG person? And why are you so hostile and mean? Wow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Metro is in a class of its own. It will be interesting to see how the other teams fare. It's pulling from CT and that area, so we will see. Perhaps that area will start to develop more now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haven't heard much really. How would you all rank those Westchester-area teams?

I think:
Metro (a little of northern NJ too)
Hurricanes
Landsharks
Westchester Elite

I don't if you are getting players from those well established programs to jump to a YJ team. plus, CT has lots of well respected teams too. difficult to see where YJ north fits in. It may take them a while before they really get off the ground.

That's where Tracy and the MSG Varsity channel come into play -you had to know that at some point that was going to be leveraged for all its worth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your post about TG is what makes us YJ's look badly. Ignore negative posts. Don't get sucked in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your post about TG is what makes us YJ's look badly. Ignore negative posts. Don't get sucked in.

CR is brilliant. If there wasnt a need for a mcdonalds in every town there wouldnt be one. It's a great club, with a strong name that everyone wants to be a part of. One down side is when you said you plyed for yj in the past it really really meant something. Future will tell if it gets too watered down

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you TG people feel so threatened by the number of teams YJ has, you would do the same if the interest level was there to play for a club who have never had a team win a significant tourrnament. Your 2 nd level teams are horrible and are certainl
y not the top guns of our time.You finally had enough kids show up at the 2018 age so you made a third team.In the future maybe you will have more teams when parents want to pay for terrible uniforms ,bad coaching, and teams that never win anything.You should have even more kids show up when people finally realize Shannon is having less and less to do with the team and her father will now be taking complete control, the only thing on his lacrosse resume is fathering a very ,very talented player.

Thanks for showing your true colors (yellow and blue). I am embarrassed for you.

Like Reply Quote
Page 91 of 327 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard