BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 54 of 101 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 100 101
Re: Boys 2024 - 6th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

He also "plays up" with their 22's from time to time, so don't be so worried about his future.

He used to play up with his older brother on the 22 team. And he regularly plays in 8th grade, and even 9th grade games. So he is well accustomed to playing with bigger, older boys. It explains why he is so good now. All kids should play up. But you don't have to do it every weekend.

He also "plays up" with their 22's from time to time, so don't be so worried about his future.

He used to play up with his older brother on the 22 team. And he regularly plays in 8th grade, and even 9th grade games. So he is well accustomed to playing with bigger, older boys. It explains why he is so good now. All kids should play up. But you don't have to do it every weekend.

Obviously it didn’t go so well playing with kids his own size, so the parents opt for the easy route playing against what amounts to midgets. Wow. Great confidence builder.

Need to be very clear here, this issue is not about the boy. I’m sure he is a fine young man. This is about the choices his parents are making for him. This is about his parents and a greedy team using the child to profit.

Actually a child can excel at all levels. No way should he be stuck playing up just because he's been blessed physically. That's ridiculous... if he's capable of doing both more power to him.

Dumbest post of the year! Congrats!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am short. I am bitter because other dads are taller than me. Some people call me Napoleon. When my son was born, I realized that he would be too small to play a real sport, like basketball or football. I registered him for lacrosse and coached his team. I ensured that he played attack and scored lots of goals. As he got better, it made me fell better about being short. But when a bigger kid beats my kid, I get sad. I yell at the bigger kid and refs to make myself feel better. I need help. Sound familiar?

Wow. We got some really messed up parents out there, to think up a post like this. Very sad to think there are actually parents out there with such jealous/inferior thoughts. You are one sorry person.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously it didn’t go so well playing with kids his own size, so the parents opt for the easy route playing against what amounts to midgets. Wow. Great confidence builder.

Need to be very clear here, this issue is not about the boy. I’m sure he is a fine young man. This is about the choices his parents are making for him. This is about his parents and a greedy team using the child to profit.

Actually a child can excel at all levels. No way should he be stuck playing up just because he's been blessed physically. That's ridiculous... if he's capable of doing both more power to him.

"Excels at all levels"???

He can't play with kids his own size, so he plays with dwarfs and feels great about himself. How is that excelling at all levels?? He only excels if he is twice as big as his competition. Not sure that would be called "excelling" though...!!

Let's be honest, it's one big joke!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who is the real "mad daddy" here? It is Taz's DoubleNickel. Wait until everyone sees what he has been posting. Not pretty stuff. It is sad because you are only hurting your own kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy there DoubleNickel. Please get some help. For all you WP, Express, and Maryland parents that want to know who has been talking filth about your wives and kids, I have some interesting info for you.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every top team (Taz, 91MD, Bethesda) has at least one defender that is the same size as Madlax's middie. If the Madlax middie played D, nobody would say a word. When he dominates in the offensive zone, everyone starts hating on him claiming he has an unfair size advantage. If you ever get the opportunity to hang out with Myles Jones, he will tell you similar stories. When Myles (like Paul Rabil) switched from basketball to lacrosse, his coaches gave him a long pole and told him he couldn't play offense. For the sake of the game, I am glad he proved them wrong. When youth coaches take all the little kids and give them short sticks, and give all the big kids long poles. They are robbing the game of some of the best offensive players.
wow . He is a good player , let's not get crazy .

Listen up jealous, big-kid dad. You obviously never played lacrosse. Let me tell you how lacrosse works, as a 15 year youth coach and former D1 player. The best players play attack. The good players play midfield. The least best (worst) players play defense. Size doesn't have much to do with it. There are plenty of big attackman out there, in case you haven't been paying attention. News flash: Your kid just aint good!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every top team (Taz, 91MD, Bethesda) has at least one defender that is the same size as Madlax's middie. If the Madlax middie played D, nobody would say a word. When he dominates in the offensive zone, everyone starts hating on him claiming he has an unfair size advantage. If you ever get the opportunity to hang out with Myles Jones, he will tell you similar stories. When Myles (like Paul Rabil) switched from basketball to lacrosse, his coaches gave him a long pole and told him he couldn't play offense. For the sake of the game, I am glad he proved them wrong. When youth coaches take all the little kids and give them short sticks, and give all the big kids long poles. They are robbing the game of some of the best offensive players.

Listen up jealous, big-kid dad. You obviously never played lacrosse. Let me tell you how lacrosse works, as a 15 year youth coach and former D1 player. The best players play attack. The good players play midfield. The least best (worst) players play defense. Size doesn't have much to do with it. There are plenty of big attackman out there, in case you haven't been paying attention. News flash: Your kid just aint good!!!

Sounds to me like something DoubleNickel or DoubleDeuce would say . . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Easy there DoubleNickel. Please get some help. For all you WP, Express, and Maryland parents that want to know who has been talking filth about your wives and kids, I have some interesting info for you.

Thanks mad daddy. Your reputation as a valuable and credible information source is just a bit suspect in these parts. Loser!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you been coaching 15 yrs too long, attack is where you hide your weakest players, middies are the true work horses of the team and defense combined with solid middies wins games. Any knowledgable d1 coach or player will tell you the same

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds to me like something DoubleNickel or DoubleDeuce would say . . . .

The poster is spot on. If you don't already know this, then you have never played the sport and know nothing about it. It's common knowledge, not an insult.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Taz attack dad, I will be sure to tell my Taz defender son what you think of him, if he hasn't already read it. And you wonder why people leave our team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Every top team (Taz, 91MD, Bethesda) has at least one defender that is the same size as Madlax's middie. If the Madlax middie played D, nobody would say a word. When he dominates in the offensive zone, everyone starts hating on him claiming he has an unfair size advantage. If you ever get the opportunity to hang out with Myles Jones, he will tell you similar stories. When Myles (like Paul Rabil) switched from basketball to lacrosse, his coaches gave him a long pole and told him he couldn't play offense. For the sake of the game, I am glad he proved them wrong. When youth coaches take all the little kids and give them short sticks, and give all the big kids long poles. They are robbing the game of some of the best offensive players.

That may be the most misguided post I have ever read. Here comes the typical name calling, lax resume, or well worded, long winded (I am smart) respose. Brace for it. Lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you been coaching 15 yrs too long, attack is where you hide your weakest players, middies are the true work horses of the team and defense combined with solid middies wins games. Any knowledgable d1 coach or player will tell you the same

I am a knowledgeable coach and former D1 player, and I am not telling you that. You are an ignorant dad who never played the game. You know nothing except what some other dad told you, who is in your same position.

LISTEN UP!!! You really think that High Schools teams are hiding players on attack?? You think college teams are hiding players on attack?? You think top level youth teams are hiding people at attack??

Players that need to be hidden don't play!!!

You obviously talked to a youth town coach for a team that was either VERY young or VERY bad. On such teams, yes, you can hide people at attack. However, once you get past that early youth stage, the most skilled, best offensive players get moved to attack. Why? If these are your best scorers and play makers, you want to keep them in a place where they can do you the most good for the team. It's common sense. You want your best players on the field at all times. If your best players are playing midfield, then a good majority of the time, they are NOT EVEN ON THE FIELD, or they are playing defense or in transition... NOT in a position where they can do the most good for the team... in the offensive zone, scoring.

if you don't know anything about the subject matter, keep your mouth shut!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow! You know absolutely NOTHING about lacrosse!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Taz attack dad, I will be sure to tell my Taz defender son what you think of him, if he hasn't already read it. And you wonder why people leave our team?

You're very transparent mad daddy!! Good try though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Every top team (Taz, 91MD, Bethesda) has at least one defender that is the same size as Madlax's middie. If the Madlax middie played D, nobody would say a word. When he dominates in the offensive zone, everyone starts hating on him claiming he has an unfair size advantage. If you ever get the opportunity to hang out with Myles Jones, he will tell you similar stories. When Myles (like Paul Rabil) switched from basketball to lacrosse, his coaches gave him a long pole and told him he couldn't play offense. For the sake of the game, I am glad he proved them wrong. When youth coaches take all the little kids and give them short sticks, and give all the big kids long poles. They are robbing the game of some of the best offensive players.

That may be the most misguided post I have ever read. Here comes the typical name calling, lax resume, or well worded, long winded (I am smart) respose. Brace for it. Lol.

Misguided??? The guy is absolutely right. Everyone who played lacrosse knows this. Your kid knows this. The only people that apparently don't know are the parents who didn't play the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree , When they are young, 7-10 that maybe the case. After that Strong defense and Midfield and attack win games. You need them all to be strong . That's why it's a team sport . Would not want to be my D1 coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am smart. You, not so much. Try spell check next time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is Def not a Taz dad. madlax kids (parents) starting crap. GROW UP !!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am a knowledgeable coach and former D1 player, and I am not telling you that. You are an ignorant dad who never played the game. You know nothing except what some other dad told you, who is in your same position.

LISTEN UP!!! You really think that High Schools teams are hiding players on attack?? You think college teams are hiding players on attack?? You think top level youth teams are hiding people at attack??

You obviously talked to a youth town coach for a team that was either VERY young or VERY bad. On such teams, yes, you can hide people at attack. However, once you get past that early youth stage, the most skilled, best offensive players get moved to attack. Why? If these are your best scorers and play makers, you want to keep them in a place where they can do you the most good for the team. It's common sense. You want your best players on the field at all times. If your best players are playing midfield, then a good majority of the time, they are NOT EVEN ON THE FIELD, or they are playing defense or in transition... NOT in a position where they can do the most good for the team... in the offensive zone, scoring.

So according to your 15 yrs of coaching and d1 experience, every team has 3 levels of skilled players, and only the really skilled play attack while the the other less skilled get placed as middies and lowly defenders so they can be transitioned in and out of the game.Do you explain that to your players as you're assigning them their position s?? You must have gotten your coaching degree from a cracker jack box

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When the ball is in transition or in the defensive end, tell me again exactly how the attack are scoring or doing anything thereto?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks lol. Bait taken...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So according to your 15 yrs of coaching and d1 experience, every team has 3 levels of skilled players, and only the really skilled play attack while the the other less skilled get placed as middies and lowly defenders so they can be transitioned in and out of the game.Do you explain that to your players as you're assigning them their position s?? You must have gotten your coaching degree from a cracker jack box

Think of it this way, defenders are the lineman of lacrosse. In football, the skill players play quarterback, receiver and running back. Everyone wants to be the quarterback, but very few ever get the opportunity. In lacrosse, the skill position is attack. The less-skilled position (relatively speaking) is defense. This is not a debate. Not trying to be a wise-a$$ here. It is what it is. If you are just finding this out now, then you really have not been paying attention.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree , When they are young, 7-10 that maybe the case. After that Strong defense and Midfield and attack win games. You need them all to be strong . That's why it's a team sport . Would not want to be my D1 coach.

No idea of what your point is or who you are agreeing with. Want to try that again???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your welcome.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your welcome.

So, the smallest kids, (which usually are the coaches sons) for the most part play which position???
While the larger kids can play anywhere on the field..
Size and athleticism has everything to do with it. You can't teach those attributes but you can teach stick skills and IQ.
If size didn't matter why would the smallest kids all be huddled at attack??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When the ball is in transition or in the defensive end, tell me again exactly how the attack are scoring or doing anything thereto?

Are you REALLY as dumb as you sound??

You are a clueless lax daddy who never played the sport, and likely never played any sport because most of this is basic, common sense. You need to stop typing. Read. And learn. Educate yourself on the subject matter, or stop posting moronic posts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is probably the most ignorant thing I have ever read on here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is probably the most ignorant thing I have ever read on here.

You know what is ignorant? A person that doesn't know how to use the website. Nobody knows what the [lacrosse] you are referring to here. daaaa.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No idea of what your point is or who you are agreeing with. Want to try that again???

LOL. CERTAINLY. I agree that happens in Lacrosse at a young age . Not once they get into 4th grade and above. A D! coach would never say anything that stupid. I would never want him to be my coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Every top team (Taz, 91MD, Bethesda) has at least one defender that is the same size as Madlax's middie. If the Madlax middie played D, nobody would say a word. When he dominates in the offensive zone, everyone starts hating on him claiming he has an unfair size advantage. If you ever get the opportunity to hang out with Myles Jones, he will tell you similar stories. When Myles (like Paul Rabil) switched from basketball to lacrosse, his coaches gave him a long pole and told him he couldn't play offense. For the sake of the game, I am glad he proved them wrong. When youth coaches take all the little kids and give them short sticks, and give all the big kids long poles. They are robbing the game of some of the best offensive players.

Think of it this way, defenders are the lineman of lacrosse. In football, the skill players play quarterback, receiver and running back. Everyone wants to be the quarterback, but very few ever get the opportunity. In lacrosse, the skill position is attack. The less-skilled position (relatively speaking) is defense. This is not a debate. Not trying to be a wise-a$$ here. It is what it is. If you are just finding this out now, then you really have not been paying attention.

Having played attack at D1 college and midfield in high school, I can honestly say midfield was the most physically and mentally challenging of the two. As far as skills , I came to attack with the same skill set, just needed to make adjustments in the way I played and wound up being the leading scorer on our team. Let's just call it for what it is, attackmen have an inherent advantage when it comes to scoring, to say they are more skilled on a whole however, is nonsense..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the dad that made the following post...

So, the smallest kids, (which usually are the coaches sons) for the most part play which position???
Size and athleticism has everything to do with it. You can't teach those attributes but you can teach stick skills and IQ.

Here's my response to you...

Dude, you have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about. You are saying only the smallest kids play attack. Let's look at the top 3 LI teams. In no special order, they are Taz, WP and Express. The starting attack for each of those teams have at least one big player on it, if not two. This is fact. If your son plays for one of these teams, which I'm sure he does, you must already know this. Taking these three teams as examples, approximately half of the attackman are larger kids. So, you are completely wrong when you say only the small kids play attack. That begs the question... why are you making that statement if it is not true?? That's simple. You are obsessed with your jealousy of small talented players, because you perceive them to be getting all of the glory, and taking that glory position away from your son who is a bigger kid, playing defense. That sound about right. You bet it does! I'm willing to bet that you are a jealous defenseman's dad from Taz, which really narrows it down for anyone who is trying to figure out who you are. I've heard there is a lot of that going on with Taz. And the comment about coaches sons playing attack, totally gave you away!! Your son is one of the bigger kids and you perceive that his size equates to ability and lacrosse IQ. But you have never played the sport, so you really have no idea. It doesn't. So, he is stuck with a pole in his hand. Not everyone can be an attackmen, like not everyone can be a quarterback. In order to make a lacrosse team work, you need good solid defenders. In football, you need a good solid line. Bottom line for you: Get use to it. It's probably never going to change. Value the defenseman position for it's important contribution to the team, and don't belittle it, just because there isn't a lot of glory associated with it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax

Everyone else

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]
Sounds like you been coaching 15 yrs too long, attack is where you hide your weakest players, middies are the true work horses of the team and defense combined with solid middies wins games. Any knowledgable d1 coach or player will tell you the same[/quote]

[/quote]
When the ball is in transition or in the defensive end, tell me again exactly how the attack are scoring or doing anything thereto? [/quote]

Are you REALLY as dumb as you sound??

You are a clueless lax daddy who never played the sport, and likely never played any sport because most of this is basic, common sense. You need to stop typing. Read. And learn. Educate yourself on the subject matter, or stop posting moronic posts.

[/quote]

You obviously missed the point of my post! SMH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMO, most attackmen were once midfielders that showed a high aptitude for getting to the net. Maybe it's their fast first step and ability to beat a defender. Maybe it's their quick release and ability to place the ball. I'm not saying they're better than midfielders, they are just much better scorers. Now, if you can find an attackman that is great on ground balls, assists as well as he scores, rides hard and causes turnovers, then that kid is probably the most valuable player on the team.

And to say defenders are not skilled shows a complete lack of knowledge about the sport. It's just a completely different skillset, and for the most part, they are just really tough SOB's (metally and physically) that have a drive to stop players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude, you have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about. You are saying only the smallest kids play attack. Let's look at the top 3 LI teams. In no special order, they are Taz, WP and Express. The starting attack for each of those teams have at least one big player on it, if not two. This is fact. If your son plays for one of these teams, which I'm sure he does, you must already know this. Taking these three teams as examples, approximately half of the attackman are larger kids. So, you are completely wrong when you say only the small kids play attack. That begs the question... why are you making that statement if it is not true?? That's simple. You are obsessed with your jealousy of small talented players, because you perceive them to be getting all of the glory, and taking that glory position away from your son who is a bigger kid, playing defense. That sound about right. You bet it does! I'm willing to bet that you are a jealous defenseman's dad from Taz, which really narrows it down for anyone who is trying to figure out who you are. I've heard there is a lot of that going on with Taz. And the comment about coaches sons playing attack, totally gave you away!! Your son is one of the bigger kids and you perceive that his size equates to ability and lacrosse IQ. But you have never played the sport, so you really have no idea. It doesn't. So, he is stuck with a pole in his hand. Not everyone can be an attackmen, like not everyone can be a quarterback. In order to make a lacrosse team work, you need good solid defenders. In football, you need a good solid line. Bottom line for you: Get use to it. It's probably never going to change. Value the defenseman position for it's important contribution to the team, and don't belittle it, just because there isn't a lot of glory associated with it.

.the crystal ball needs a recharge ...............or maybe this is the guy who takes the kids jersey names and triangulates it with the home and work IP addresses

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

.the crystal ball needs a recharge ...............or maybe this is the guy who takes the kids jersey names and triangulates it with the home and work IP addresses

C'mon man! Give a brother some credit. I was spot on with the Taz Dad part, right??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax

Everyone else

MADDY... where you been??? We missed your dumb posts!!

What you want to talk about, your best player on the planet again?? That's been pretty much beaten to death don't you think??

How about all of the rest of your holdbacks, which are now keeping your team of from entering the biggest tourney in your sons youth.

That's always a good one. Let's start there.... how "cheaters never prosper".

You go first...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love how Express keeps associating themselves with WP & Taz as the top teams in LI....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IMO, most attackmen were once midfielders that showed a high aptitude for getting to the net. Maybe it's their fast first step and ability to beat a defender. Maybe it's their quick release and ability to place the ball. I'm not saying they're better than midfielders, they are just much better scorers. Now, if you can find an attackman that is great on ground balls, assists as well as he scores, rides hard and causes turnovers, then that kid is probably the most valuable player on the team.

And to say defenders are not skilled shows a complete lack of knowledge about the sport. It's just a completely different skillset, and for the most part, they are just really tough SOB's (metally and physically) that have a drive to stop players.

Great. Another mommy expert who never played but has all of the answers. Stick to field hockey.

Page 54 of 101 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 100 101

Link Copied to Clipboard