BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,830
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 90 of 327 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If I was CR and I had a family that has already paid me 10's of thousands of dollars already and they had a sibling or cousin coming up I would surely give them a spot. Good business keep the cash coming and they are loyal to the program. Great PR and advocates for the program.

unless the kid stinks. cr still needs to put a winning team on the field!

Anyone can hide a few kids on a roster of 24. If siblings show up it means the familiy is happy and loyal after their 1st child. CR is a pr business genious. Don't think for a second she doesnt look at the last name on every roster before they are released to see if she needs to take care of someone. She knows who her supporters are!

Before you comment know your facts the rosters were posted and then taken down after tuition deadline passed. My child simply wants to see who is on her team and who did not come back.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I was CR and I had a family that has already paid me 10's of thousands of dollars already and they had a sibling or cousin coming up I would surely give them a spot. Good business keep the cash coming and they are loyal to the program. Great PR and advocates for the program.

Anyone can hide a few kids on a roster of 24. If siblings show up it means the familiy is happy and loyal after their 1st child. CR is a pr business genious. Don't think for a second she doesnt look at the last name on every roster before they are released to see if she needs to take care of someone. She knows who her supporters are!
everyone who pays the fees is a supporter. all they are asking for is fair treatment. also u should pluralize your responsesbecause these salvos are not just from one person.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you have to pay extra for the friends and family plan?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should stay on your TG!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should stay on your TG!!
I think you can only get the friends and family plan if your on the blue 2019 or 2020 teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious how do you guys explain the kids that have siblings playing that are all on different level teams, if the tryouts are rigged toward putting all the kids with siblings on the higher teams.Also how do you explain the multiple kids that were moved off of the top level teams when their sisters were not .Stop going after 5th and 6th grade kids.Go back to your YJ wannabe team and enjoy having your whole 2019 team revolve around 1 "star" .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious how do you guys explain the kids that have siblings playing that are all on different level teams, if the tryouts are rigged toward putting all the kids with siblings on the higher teams.Also how do you explain the multiple kids that were moved off of the top level teams when their sisters were not .Stop going after 5th and 6th grade kids.Go back to your YJ wannabe team and enjoy having your whole 2019 team revolve around 1 "star" .

You ask him to stop going after 5th and 6th graders, yet you end your comments with a sarcastic line about........sixth graders? Some of these TG and YJ parents seem to be twins separated at birth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Before you comment know your facts the rosters were posted and then taken down after tuition deadline passed. My child simply wants to see who is on her team and who did not come back.

This late in the club tryout process where do kids who didn't make the target blue 1 or blue 2 team go? Most other clubs the rosters are set, do these kids simply quite travel ball if they are not sending their money in a a roster spot?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This late in the club tryout process where do kids who didn't make the target blue 1 or blue 2 team go? Most other clubs the rosters are set, do these kids simply quite travel ball if they are not sending their money in a a roster spot?

That's the beauty of CR's businessmodel - there is nowhere to go at this point!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not stirring the pot - just wanted some thoughts - I am a fellow YJ - I admit to taking a look at the Top Guns website to see how their 2014's are doing on their commits. Am I the only one noticing how many there ar as compared to how many girls they have playing 2014. 47 girls of which 27 have commitments. Thats 58%. And top schools too. Looking at the YJ site - 91 girls play in 2014 age bracket - 33 have committments - that's 37%. I am just curious what people think of this - I am fairly new to YJ - am happy with the organization so far - but....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Not stirring the pot - just wanted some thoughts - I am a fellow YJ - I admit to taking a look at the Top Guns website to see how their 2014's are doing on their commits. Am I the only one noticing how many there ar as compared to how many girls they have playing 2014. 47 girls of which 27 have commitments. Thats 58%. And top schools too. Looking at the YJ site - 91 girls play in 2014 age bracket - 33 have committments - that's 37%. I am just curious what people think of this - I am fairly new to YJ - am happy with the organization so far - but....
Percentages mean absolutely nothing - total numbers mean little except for bragging rights and sales pitches in following years.

The question is whether these student-athletes are attending their top choice institutions for their intended majors and whether the selected university is a good fit socially and for the family's finances.

While this thread will now go forward and talk pure numbers, BOTC wanted to shine the spotlight on the important aspect of this discussion - the student-athlete herself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the beauty of CR's businessmodel - there is nowhere to go at this point!

And it stinks being stuck there now. you sign up thinking you are playing for one team and end up on another, or your kids team now has 5 more girls, most of who aren't too good. it really stinks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Percentages mean absolutely nothing - total numbers mean little except for bragging rights and sales pitches in following years.

The question is whether these student-athletes are attending their top choice institutions for their intended majors and whether the selected university is a good fit socially and for the family's finances.

While this thread will now go forward and talk pure numbers, BOTC wanted to shine the spotlight on the important aspect of this discussion - the student-athlete herself.

That is an interesting perspective - I did notice alot of Top Gun committs were northwestern and hofstra- neither of those schools were represented on YJ but I can see why Topg Guns would have a close connection to those schools.
I do think percentages have some relevance though. Ecspecially since these are 2014's - early in the process right? So no one is "rushing" to committ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is an interesting perspective - I did notice alot of Top Gun committs were northwestern and hofstra- neither of those schools were represented on YJ but I can see why Topg Guns would have a close connection to those schools.
I do think percentages have some relevance though. Ecspecially since these are 2014's - early in the process right? So no one is "rushing" to committ?

Look at the 2015s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There you sit broken hearted paid your dues but only the blue team has started

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the 2015s

Most of top players on all LI Clubs will be committed to their college between now and 1st week in September>

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be careful with the list on the TG site, one of those 2014 Northwestern commits plays for Capital out of Virginia.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Be careful with the list on the TG site, one of those 2014 Northwestern commits plays for Capital out of Virginia.

Yes, and one of the girls on the YJ list is going to play field hockey in college, not lax, but she's still on the list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the 2015s

Most of top players on all LI Clubs will be committed to their college between now and 1st week in September>
Most of the 2015 top players...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Yes, and one of the girls on the YJ list is going to play field hockey in college, not lax, but she's still on the list.

Some players are listed on the websites of two different Club Commitments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the 2015s

Most of the 2015 top players...

Is that shocking to you? Maybe they should save the best players for last?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She is actually going there to play both sports

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She is actually going there to play both sports

That us correct she's playing two sports...and as far as percentages it's still early for the 14 class some schools are just starting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is with all the movement this year, the 2016 & 2017's seem to have tremendous movement of kids going up and down......I have heard numerous parents stating that more talented kids have been moved down and replaced with girls with lower skills. Is there a method to some of this madnes?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is with all the movement this year, the 2016 & 2017's seem to have tremendous movement of kids going up and down......I have heard numerous parents stating that more talented kids have been moved down and replaced with girls with lower skills. Is there a method to some of this madnes?

attend more clinics, get some 1 on 1 coaching - spend more money! that's the method, we are the madness

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they were replaced with kids with more speed and more potential than little suzie who you think may be good. Lots of new talent tryed out and they moved down the slow ones.

As for commitments, YJ will have plenty, they are just taking their time! No rush

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they were replaced with kids with more speed and more potential than little suzie who you think may be good. Lots of new talent tryed out and they moved down the slow ones.

As for commitments, YJ will have plenty, they are just taking their time! No rush

Correct, coaches can teach motivated kids to catch, throw, dodge and shoot. As a rule, they can't teach kids to be big, fast, athletic and aggressive. You watch slow kids in try-outs with strong stick skills and they look great because most try-outs are drills and settled half field offense/defense. Successful coaches know what works and what they are looking for. For the most part, parents do not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its better to make sure of the school and the fit rather than to rush to commit. Especially for 2015 kids who wont be there for 2 1/2 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's just silly, then why not just base what team you are on by a few timed sprints.Not a lot of movement on the top team at those ages but some.You never can be sure but possible some teams need holes filled at certain positions or who knows possible a kid rarely showed for practices etc.,Kids are moved on and off teams for many different reasons but I think it is a good thing in that it let's the kids know to keep working hard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's just silly, then why not just base what team you are on by a few timed sprints.Not a lot of movement on the top team at those ages but some.You never can be sure but possible some teams need holes filled at certain positions or who knows possible a kid rarely showed for practices etc.,Kids are moved on and off teams for many different reasons but I think it is a good thing in that it let's the kids know to keep working hard.

Maybe there is an honest effort to actually create two equal talent blue teams as has been preached. Why on earth would you go ahead and name two teams blue then continue to sift out talent for only one team over the other? I think the second blue team was actually just a marketing pitch. Girl trys out looking to make blue team, gets offered a spot on a blue roster, accepts position, cah-ching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No there should really only be 1 blue team. The girls on the real blue team are much better than the girls on the blue 2 team and the gold team. That is the way it should be!!! never should you mix the real blue team with any other team to make equal teams, that defeats the purpose of having the best YJ team at tourneys. This is great publicity for the YJ organization.The parents of the girls that are not good enough to be on the real blue teams should STOP trying to manipulate the system and try to get there daughter onto the best team. That does nothing for the girls already on the real blue team. Thats what they are trying to get away from. Have consideration for these awesome athletes!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Awesome athletes. Think about what you are saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Awesome athletes. Think about what you are saying.

Do you seriously think this clown was just not trying to stir the pot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
since all 2017 teams are listed by coaches names how do you tell which is the top team and so on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you have not seen awesome athletes before, come watch the YJ blue girls play and you will understand!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
since all 2017 teams are listed by coaches names how do you tell which is the top team and so on

Blue "Bert" top dog in the YJ 2017 group

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you have not seen awesome athletes before, come watch the YJ blue girls play and you will understand!!!

Bert blue, sure. Other blue has a few excellent players, but level is not even close to top blue team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excellent athletes? C'mon folks, get a grip. Some of these kids started with the YJ's as their team was formed, and have been carried year to year on the top team because of it. Notice I said, SOME. Some girls are terrific players, others could easily have been dropped a team, or two. It's a shame that the teams weren't picked by true athleticism. I think you would see many girls being moved. Unfortunately, politics does play a part in selecting teams. Remember, Carol is running a business, first and foremost. Nobody forces you to stay. Have a great season this year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bert blue, sure. Other blue has a few excellent players, but level is not even close to top blue team.

That is why calling two teams blue is ridiculous. If the teams are not divided somewhat equal, then what purpose does calling two teams blue possibly serve if one is clearly not on the same level. I know parents of new players going on abouut making and playing for the blue team, they aren't even aware many age groups have two blue teams. I would rather just say my daughter plays for gold if asked rather than say blue then have to go through the whole "real blue?", nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do people care that they have two blue teams. We have played steps many times and I have no idea which color team is better , nor do I really care.If it bothers people so much then all clubs should neame their teams A B C etc or 1 2 3.

Like Reply Quote
Page 90 of 327 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard