Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
Limited Spots Available at the Girls NY Showcase on January 10th - Secure Your Spot Today!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Long Island Express Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 11/30/20 09:12 PM
Girls 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 11/30/20 08:52 PM
Looney's Boys Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 11/30/20 08:21 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 11/30/20 08:17 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,146
Posts277,884
Members2,224
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Boy's 2023 - 8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
Anonymous #277146 11/27/18 02:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not a Tri State or BBL parent but what happened at the game on Sunday. 8-3 Tri State,

Not sure whether it would have made a difference, but I think that BBL may have had an injury or two..Tri-State was just better that day, but there is always a next time.

Not trying to stir the pot, but I read a post in a 2024 forum discussing the BBL 2024 team beating Predators in the championship at Lehigh a few weeks ago. The post suggests that the BBL 2024 teams has some 14 year-old holdback/reclasses. I am assuming that this is just a disgruntled Predators parent, but are there any kids from last years BBL 2023 team that are playing 2024 this year.

Preds parents were not disgruntled. Actually they were really pleased that their kids played so well against the much older squad.

So are you a BBL parent confirming that there are older kids on the 2024 team....or a Preds parent trying to rationalize the loss..

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #277166 11/27/18 04:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a Tri State or BBL parent but what happened at the game on Sunday. 8-3 Tri State,

Not sure whether it would have made a difference, but I think that BBL may have had an injury or two..Tri-State was just better that day, but there is always a next time.

Not trying to stir the pot, but I read a post in a 2024 forum discussing the BBL 2024 team beating Predators in the championship at Lehigh a few weeks ago. The post suggests that the BBL 2024 teams has some 14 year-old holdback/reclasses. I am assuming that this is just a disgruntled Predators parent, but are there any kids from last years BBL 2023 team that are playing 2024 this year.

Preds parents were not disgruntled. Actually they were really pleased that their kids played so well against the much older squad.

So are you a BBL parent confirming that there are older kids on the 2024 team....or a Preds parent trying to rationalize the loss..

No.

Anonymous #277179 11/27/18 05:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No.

Don't think it is true but Preds shouldn't say anything. They have some very old '23 on this team.

Anonymous #277225 11/28/18 10:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No.

But you know that Preds parents were happy and that BBL had a much older squad..makes sense

TM@BOTC #277312 11/29/18 06:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No holdbacks on BBL 2024. Several of the kids are big and look older, but they are on age.

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #277313 11/29/18 08:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No holdbacks on BBL 2024. Several of the kids are big and look older, but they are on age.

I don't really care one way or other , but the fact that BBL 2024 is holding an open tryout for the world seris team in February indicates otherwise

Anonymous #277316 11/29/18 08:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't really care one way or other , but the fact that BBL 2024 is holding an open tryout for the world seris team in February indicates otherwise

That is not unusual, many clubs hold open tryouts for their WSYL teams, most teams have a kid or two that do not make the age cutoff, but are on-age based upon graduation year.

Anonymous #277317 11/29/18 09:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I disagree. there are only 2 teams in NJ, and one that no one knows, sending teams to the WSYL. Why wouldn't you hold a tryout to see what comes in? United, Patriot Elite, NJ Riot, Mad Dog are not sending teams. You pick up 5 to 8 kids from those teams and maybe BBL sends a team that goes over 500.

Anonymous #277321 11/29/18 09:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I disagree. there are only 2 teams in NJ, and one that no one knows, sending teams to the WSYL. Why wouldn't you hold a tryout to see what comes in? United, Patriot Elite, NJ Riot, Mad Dog are not sending teams. You pick up 5 to 8 kids from those teams and maybe BBL sends a team that goes over 500.

don't you think that sends a pretty bad message to the existing players? I don't know bbl directors from a whole in the wall, but to me, if your on age , and you tried out and made BBL elite, why would you now tell that kid, he is not welcome in Denver? plenty of kids for various reasons don't make the cutoff but are in 7th grade, and that's ok, find a replacement for that player

Anonymous #277323 11/29/18 10:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

don't you think that sends a pretty bad message to the existing players? I don't know bbl directors from a whole in the wall, but to me, if your on age, and you tried out and made BBL elite, why would you now tell that kid, he is not welcome in Denver? plenty of kids for various reasons don't make the cutoff but are in 7th grade, and that's ok, find a replacement for that player

I don't know the director either. My guess, they are just looking to add players not replace. 13-year-old boys love the WSYL idea if BBL can pick up a couple of studs that play for other programs because they send a team to WSYL. That's called good marketing!

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #277328 11/29/18 12:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

don't you think that sends a pretty bad message to the existing players? I don't know bbl directors from a whole in the wall, but to me, if your on age, and you tried out and made BBL elite, why would you now tell that kid, he is not welcome in Denver? plenty of kids for various reasons don't make the cutoff but are in 7th grade, and that's ok, find a replacement for that player

I don't know the director either. My guess, they are just looking to add players not replace. 13-year-old boys love the WSYL idea if BBL can pick up a couple of studs that play for other programs because they send a team to WSYL. That's called good marketing!

Keep in mind that you also have parents that do not want to spend the money on the trip, so even if a kid made the elite team, there may be reasons, money or otherwise, that they do not attend WSYL. Either way, putting a separate WSYL team together is not the best formula, the top teams at the event are usually teams that play together year round. Just ask the 91 or Express coaches how many practices their WSYL teams have before the tournament. The 91 Bandits are all on age and have played together for years, hard to compete with that level of experience.

Anonymous #277332 11/29/18 12:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is def. holdbacks on BBL. the parents just think they are not. Same as Maryland.

Keep in mind that you also have parents that do not want to spend the money on the trip, so even if a kid made the elite team, there may be reasons, money or otherwise, that they do not attend WSYL. Either way, putting a separate WSYL team together is not the best formula, the top teams at the event are usually teams that play together year round. Just ask the 91 or Express coaches how many practices their WSYL teams have before the tournament. The 91 Bandits are all on age and have played together for years, hard to compete with that level of experience.

TM@BOTC #277341 11/29/18 01:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct but this is not Long Island or Maryland. It's Jersey, home of too many clubs and not enough level players.
Tri-State sends a team made up of Leading Edge, Tri-State, Turnpike and other clubs every year. They do OK.

TM@BOTC #277347 11/29/18 02:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct but this is not Long Island or Maryland. It's Jersey, home of too many clubs and not enough level players.
Tri-State sends a team made up of Leading Edge, Tri-State, Turnpike and other clubs every year. They do OK.

Yes, a little more consolidation in NJ would be a good thing, but it's not going to happen. Much like Leading Edge with 91, I suspect that the national programs like True might make a push into NJ and look to combine with a NJ club, but I cannot see any any of the top NJ clubs merging. I know 3D now has some type of presence, but I have not heard that much about the teams.

TM@BOTC #277361 11/29/18 05:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Responding to the post stating that Preds 2024 "have some very old '23 on this team".
That is totally inaccurate. The team has a single summer birthday and that is it.
Not going to post some lame retaliatory statement, but that earlier accusation is not true,
This is not a holdback team. In fact, the NY teams are typically on-age programs.

I know a couple merciless programs outside of NY that stack their teams with holdbacks and either don't submit a team to WSYL or have to pathetically resort to separate tryouts or pull players from other teams/programs to fill an on-age roster.
Preds 2024 is not of that ilk. It is an on-age program

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard