BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,740
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 327 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC has been extremely balanced in our coverage of the Yellow Jackets program. One sided? Not likely. As a matter of fact, we have received calls to action that we have been anti-Yellow Jacket.

Unfortunately, some of the postings that have been made are not lacrosse oriented, but have become personal vendettas which we will just not allow without substantiation and evidence.

To your points on sportsmanship, when a team is constantly on the attack and running up the score, that is considered poor sportsmanship. When a team holds the ball on the perimeter to wind down clock time, that is considered poor sportsmanship. BOTC has suggested a 45-second clock be introduced at a number of levels, including youth lacrosse, for lopsided situations, but this still does not account for the unbalanced competition.

The real issue is that there is not a single league structure that brings together talent on a regular basis which is ability based. Tournaments are often a bit of a crapshoot where named clubs have teams in higher brackets that perhaps should be in lower tiers. Unbalanced competition results.

Poor sportsmanship is often the charge in these situations.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It’s funny on how one sided this Blog (BOC) is and how it favors the Yellow Jackets.
Before we leave this topic, you owe us an e-mail to cagesage@backofthecage.com per our posting yesterday.

To call your anonymous bluff and show we are fair and balanced, BOTC still allowed your post despite board rules violations from yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ 2016 blue lost to Suffolk Allstars.
that's a true showcase, not to win but to change players around from their regular positions. That age group is the best of all age groups (suffolk county all stars) that is
Congratulation to Coach Toomas, The All Stars lost to the YJ’s in the National Draw and now they beat them in Delaware. Expect the YJ’s to stack up next time they play so that the YJ’s can get a win. Most likely it will be done at their Show Case in Nassau.
YJ will do what they always do...bring in some 15 yr old to the roster. They already have some anyway on theam. Everyone knows that they put a best team and age bracket down to show how they won all age brackets. Thie should be regulated like soccer and have cards to prove age. if that happens, a lot of things will change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes yj2016 blue lost to suffolk all-stars and had a tie game with steps blue 2016 at the showcase tournament at which all the kids on yj played out of position and draws were taken by different kids all tournament long. A few weeks earlier they shut both of those teams out at a playoff type tournament. Take what you want out of that victory.I do not have a kid on that yj team but am very familiar with them and they did play out of position the entire tournament and had equal playing time for each kid .I thought that their coach would cave to the pressure to win in tight games but he did not.
PLEASE!!!! WHAT A GREAT EXCUSE, MAN YOU GUYS ARE FULL OF THEM.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I stated I know many of the girls and parents associated with that team , my daughter played for yj gold 2016 for 2 years but no longer does.In that time we played them many times and have gotten to know quite a few of them.As to making excuses all i did was point out a fact, if you believe they were not playing out of position then state your belief .My guess is you watched the game and know they were playing out of position.When they beat them in a playoff type tournament it will mean more to me.Another fact for you that can be looked up 6-0 and 3-0 in the 20 minute playofff games at lax for the cure against steps blue and suffolk all-stars.
All stars did not play them in Lax for cure.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes congratulations on beating a team that was not trying to win. Maybe you can set up a scrimage and keep score when no one else is and claim a victory. Maybe you need to learn what a showcase vs championship tournament is.As the previous poster stated I have yet to hear anyone state they believe the yj team was actually trying to win but I guess when you can't beat them when they are actually trying like in a championship tournament you will take what you can get.
Ya! Ya! Ya! everyone know YJ parents are nuts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
BOTC has been extremely balanced in our coverage of the Yellow Jackets program. One sided? Not likely. As a matter of fact, we have received calls to action that we have been anti-Yellow Jacket.

Unfortunately, some of the postings that have been made are not lacrosse oriented, but have become personal vendettas which we will just not allow without substantiation and evidence.

To your points on sportsmanship, when a team is constantly on the attack and running up the score, that is considered poor sportsmanship. When a team holds the ball on the perimeter to wind down clock time, that is considered poor sportsmanship. BOTC has suggested a 45-second clock be introduced at a number of levels, including youth lacrosse, for lopsided situations, but this still does not account for the unbalanced competition.

The real issue is that there is not a single league structure that brings together talent on a regular basis which is ability based. Tournaments are often a bit of a crapshoot where named clubs have teams in higher brackets that perhaps should be in lower tiers. Unbalanced competition results.

Poor sportsmanship is often the charge in these situations.

I watched the YJ16 coach run up the score after the all star/ YJ game. Opponenets parents from another state were upset and you made yet another club dislike the organization.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Thie should be regulated like soccer and have cards to prove age. if that happens, a lot of things will change.
The rostering process is much looser in lacrosse than in soccer, that is certainly for sure. There is a major discussion on other threads regarding a "combo" boys team pulled from multiple clubs during the season for an away tournament this weekend. Lacrosse's flexibility gives you this "advantage" of creating "insta-teams" that just does not happen with soccer (save the USYSA vs USCS pass debate on the side for now). Lacrosse also has the ability to enter teams into tournaments during the summer but still have the ability to add players when others normally part of the team opt out for family vacations or similar.

The downside of that flexibility is that outsiders are left to quesion the veracity of the roster, player ages and such. Also, club insiders can be left out when uber-teasms or extra events are held. By and large, we do think that all of the clubs play 99% of the time on the up-and-up; however, the regulations are there for the other 1% of the situations.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I watched the YJ16 coach run up the score after the all star/ YJ game. Opponenets parents from another state were upset and you made yet another club dislike the organization.
As we said, the flip side of holding the ball on the perimeter. Some suggestions to improve the youth game might include:
  • An eight or ten goal mercy rule with at least 75% of the game played.
  • A 45-second shot clock that denies static play on the offensive end.
  • After a five goal lead, the trailing team automatically receives the faceoff.
As we have said, the real issue is that there is no common league structure that allows for the consistent evaluation of teams on a competitive level to properly balance competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ will do what they always do...bring in some 15 yr old to the roster. They already have some anyway on theam. Everyone knows that they put a best team and age bracket down to show how they won all age brackets. Thie should be regulated like soccer and have cards to prove age. if that happens, a lot of things will change.
I am surprised they let this one slip thru considering this fool is accusing the yj of cheating. Let me guess that you will not be able to state when the yj have had older kids play down.That being said they really should have some form of age verification procedures.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No excuse just stating facts, maybe you guys would have beat them even if they were trying to win.All i know is the yj kids played out of position ,had completely equal playing time, even the 2 goalies played equal time .For all I know maybe the all-stars did the same thing or maybe the all-stars did not play to win when the yj beat them at the draw. But to deny the above shows you either are uninformed or cannot accept reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Standby]  Laxmagazine.com for more coverage of the US Lacrosse U15 National Championship, presented by Champion.
Brian Logue: 
Seeding for Thursday bracket play:
1. Yellow Jackets (N.Y.) 3-0, 4 goals allowed
2. Stars Gold (Va.) 3-0, 6 goals allowed
3. Top of the Bay (Md.) 3-0, 11 goals allowed
4. Long Island Top Guns (N.Y.) 3-0, 13 goals allowed
5. Pacific Falcons White (Calif.) 3-0, 23 goals allowwed
6. North Carolina 2-1, 13 goals allowed
7. Pacific Falcons Blue (Calif.) 2-1, 14 goals allowed
8. Connecticut Chargers 2-1, 17 goals allowed
9. Cardinal Lacrosse (Va.) 2-1, 21 goals allowed
10. Southern Ohio 2-1, 23 goals allowed
11. Nor Cal Elite 2-1, 26 goals allowed
12. Lax Maniax 2-1, 30 goals allowed
13. Lakeshore Lacrosse 1-2, 32 goals allowed
14. Greater Houston 0-3, 31 goals allowed
15. Team Georgia 0-3, 37 goals allowed
16. Washington State 0-3, 38 goals allowed (-15 differential)
17. Connecticut Dodgers 0-3, 38 goals allowed (-24 differential)
18. Desert Heat (Ariz.) 0-3, 39 goals allowed (-17 differential), coin flip for #18
19. Stickbenders (Fla.) 0-3, 39 goals allowed (-17 differential)
20. Desert Divas (Ariz.) 0-3, 44 goals allowed

Goal differential is capped at eight goals per game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Standby]  Laxmagazine.com for more coverage of the US Lacrosse U15 National Championship, presented by Champion.
Brian Logue: 
18. Desert Heat (Ariz.) 0-3, 39 goals allowed (-17 differential), coin flip for #18

dude you have wayyyyyy tooooo much time on your hands.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No excuse just stating facts, maybe you guys would have beat them even if they were trying to win.All i know is the yj kids played out of position ,had completely equal playing time, even the 2 goalies played equal time .For all I know maybe the all-stars did the same thing or maybe the all-stars did not play to win when the yj beat them at the draw. But to deny the above shows you either are uninformed or cannot accept reality.
give me a break again. do you take everyone who reads this as a fool. you YJ only play to win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go sting yourself into reality

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Yellow Jackets are a great organization...I just wish we could play them more often as the competition we would provide each other would undoubtedly help the girls on both teams.

We went 6-0 against Yellow Jackets teams last summer (2016 and 2017 Blue and Gold) in the Galaxy tournament, but our two games against 2016 Blue could have gone either way. We won 6-4 in pool play and then 5-4 in the Galaxy Championnship game.

Unfortunately, that tournament is no more. So, we have to hope we can run into them again next year at the National Draw. In any event, it's a great organization, and we look forward to competing against them at the 2016 level for years to come.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Yellow Jackets are a great organization...I just wish we could play them more often as the competition we would provide each other would undoubtedly help the girls on both teams.

We went 6-0 against Yellow Jackets teams last summer (2016 and 2017 Blue and Gold) in the Galaxy tournament, but our two games against 2016 Blue could have gone either way. We won 6-4 in pool play and then 5-4 in the Galaxy Championnship game.

Unfortunately, that tournament is no more. So, we have to hope we can run into them again next year at the National Draw. In any event, it's a great organization, and we look forward to competing against them at the 2016 level for years to come.

So great...i was just censored again on 2 diff posting because i didnt kiss Yj's as**. this is a joke.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
So great...i was just censored again on 2 diff posting because i didnt kiss Yj's as**. this is a joke.
Let's get something straight once and for all.

This "I was censored" thing gets real old, real fast. Your posts are on the message board friend.

Now, you want to make additional claims? Send us some details to back up your non-sportsmanship stories to cagesage@backofthecage.com and we will give you a full stage to tell your story.

Posting anonymous comments like "I heard from other teams that such and such did this and that" is childish.

Tell us that YOU saw something. Tell us that YOU will put your name on the line to report something that you think is wrong with the program. Tell us WHAT team told you these things. Make the story FIRST HAND and then you have our attention.

Until then, your rants are just noise. A half-dozen and more of them at that.

As for being a joke, BOTC has done more to open the doors on what is happening in Long Island Lacrosse than any other source in the last decade. BOTC is sharing information and data that has never before seen the light of day. If you do not like our service, you know where the door is - close your browser and move on.

We have now hopefully set the record straight once and for all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that it's quite funny that whenever the Yellow Jackets lose everyone says that "they weren't playing to win." I guess you people can call everyone else out for having excuses meanwhile your swimming in your own excuses. I don't think "playing not to win" is in Carol Rose's vocabulary.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have great teams. If you are that hung up about it, I recomend you stop bellyaching, play them and beat them on the field.

Works for us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have great teams. If you are that hung up about it, I recomend you stop bellyaching, play them and beat them on the field.

Works for us.

They were beaten on the field. Look at Lax for the Cure results for years 2012, 2013, and 2014 (all Blue teams). Also, 2016 Blue lost to Suffolk Allstars.

People simply get annoyed when the YJ promoters give excuses why they lost instead of simply saying "You deserved to win".

And the YJ detractors also annoy many people by constantly complaining that the YJs play too aggressive and are unsportsmanlike. My response to them is "blame the refs if the games get out of hand", and "all teams have unsportsmanlike players".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2016 yj team was unbeaten at lax for the cure a championship type tourny. Each yj team has its own style of play and some will play a showcase tourny as just what it is not a championship tourny.None of the so called give me a break crowd will put it on the line and state that the yj girls were not playing out of position.To the person who beat them at the Galaxy if memory serves that was a championship format so congrats to your team they deserved to win. Our town team who are not very good even by town team standards beat the 2016 all-stars in the indoor winter league this past year,not a big deal in that it seemed the all-stars were just working on their game. It would be sad though if they were actually going full out to win and lost but I guess they will not want anyone to make excuses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2016 yj team was unbeaten at lax for the cure a championship type tourny. Each yj team has its own style of play and some will play a showcase tourny as just what it is not a championship tourny.None of the so called give me a break crowd will put it on the line and state that the yj girls were not playing out of position.To the person who beat them at the Galaxy if memory serves that was a championship format so congrats to your team they deserved to win. Our town team who are not very good even by town team standards beat the 2016 all-stars in the indoor winter league this past year,not a big deal in that it seemed the all-stars were just working on their game. It would be sad though if they were actually going full out to win and lost but I guess they will not want anyone to make excuses.
yelow jackets just beat top guns in semi final 12 to 6. On to finals!!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Brian Logue: 

Full Tournament Rosters Per Team

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Key final day competition results in the U15 National Championship

Friday, July 22 - Semifinals/Finals and Consolation Games
Semifinal Games
Long Island (N.Y.) Yellow Jackets 12, Long Island (N.Y.) Top Guns 6
Stars Gold (Va.) 14, vs. Top of the Bay (Md.) 9

Championship Game
Noon - Yellow Jackets (N.Y.) vs. Stars Gold (Va.), Field 18

Third-Place Game
11:30 a.m. - Top Guns (N.Y.) vs. Top of the Bay (Md.), Field 19

Excellent showin from New [lacrosse].

Bracket play results follow for those interested.

Thursday, July 21 - Bracket Play
Opening Round Games
Washington State 13, Connecticut Dogers 8
Desert Divas (Ariz.) 10, Lakeshore (Ill.) 9 (OT)
Georgia 16, Desert Heat (Ariz.) 11
StickBenders (Fla.) 7, Greater Houston (Texas) 6

Round of 16 games
Yellow Jackets (N.Y.) 17, Washington 1
Cardinal Lacrosse (Va.) 16, Connecticut Chargers 9
Long Island Top Guns (N.Y.) 17, Desert Divas 4
Lax Maniax (Fla.) 10, Pacific Falcons White 7
Stars Gold (Va.) 18, Georgia 0
Pacific Falcons Blue (Calif.) 15, Southern Ohio 5
Top of the Bay (Md.) 18, Stickbenders (Fla.) 4
Nor Cal Elite 13, North Carolina 10

Quarterfinal Games
Yellow Jackets (N.Y.) 22, Cardinal (Va.) 3
Long Island Top Guns (N.Y.) 20, Lax Maniax (Fla.) 6
Stars Gold (Va) 14, Pacific Falcons Blue (Calif.) 4
Top of the Bay (Md.) 10, Nor Cal Elite 4

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Championship Game

Final match for the title about to get underway. Goalies are Olivia Cole for Stars Gold (Va) and Samantha Giacolone for the Yellow Jackets. Rick Sofield at the bench for the Virginia side with Carol Rainson-Rose backing the New Yorkers. Rematch of last year's event with a 12-5 Yellow Jackets win - different teams, different players - but the same two clubs.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Championship Game

Despite the Yellow Jackets having the better of the play for the opening ten minutes, the Stars Gold break through first for the 1-0 lead with fifteen minutes remaining in the first stanza.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Championship Game

Yellow Jackets level the score (1-1) just after the water break at 12:30 left in the first half as "attacker" Sydney Porreca takes it alone down the field scoring unassisted at 11:51. Overall, the Stars are doing a tremendous job of sliding defenders - you wonder how long that the communication can stay top flight in the heat as tired legs set in. That said, a great match right now.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Championship Game

No sooner we post about the defense that the Stars Gold score on a transition from the defensive to attacking ends with a rush. Score stands at 2-1 with less than nine minutes remaining in the opening half.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Championship Game

Word from the field is that Rose and the team are going for lower shots - want more bounce shots to challenge the talented Stars Gold keeper. Yellow Jackets equalize on just that type of shot moving the score to 2-2 with less than six remaining. Convert immediately again for a 3-2 advantage with 5:30 remaining. Goals by Pirreca and Mitchell put the Jackets on the lead.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Championship Game

Yellow Jackets open a 4-2 lead with less than two minutes remaining on a goal by Behr. Seconds later, the Jackets win the draw and Sarcona scores for a 5-2 lead.

Halftime : Yellow Jackets 5, Stars Gold 2

Overall the Jackets are killing the Stars Gold on the draws and have held about 75% of the possession in the opening half. The Stars sliding defense so strong early looks tired heading into the half. Trombetta will not really be seen in the box scores, but her draws have been faultless.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Championship Game

Stars Gold win the second half's opening draw and convert thirty second later moving the score to 5-3.

Report from the field : Some other teams have now joined the cheering from the stands and the newly added crowd is definitively in favor of the underdog Virginians.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Championship Game

The Yellow Jackets score with sixteen remaining after getting their sixth goal two minutes back. Yellow Jackets now lead, 7-3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yelow jackets just beat top guns in semi final 12 to 6. On to finals!!!

Yellow Jackets play to win just like every other organization is a load of bull. The reason why the YJ are so successful us bc EVERY player is developed. Yes, in a championship they play the top of the team but until they reach that point all play...at least on my daughters team.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Championship Game

Score now stands at 8-3 with 13:00 remaining and the Yellow Jackets are in cruise control at this point.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Championship Game

The lead is now opened to 10-3 with eight minutes remaining. We will post the final when it is available.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Championship Game

Final Result : Yellow Jackets 10, Stars Gold 3

Congratulations to the Yellow Jackets on their U/15 National Championship victory.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great job. The YJ roster is comprised of 2014 and 2015 YJ players... Best of the best.... Keep em coming....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great job. The YJ roster is comprised of 2014 and 2015 YJ players... Best of the best.... Keep em coming....

Jack it up Yellow!!!! Way to go girls!!!! Congrats to Carol Rose and staff as well!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent who has no idea about the costs of travel lacrosse, How much does a season of lacrosse with the Yellow Jackets cost? Also..where are tryouts and practices held for the most part? Any help would be appreciated..

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 327 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard