BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 301 of 327 1 2 299 300 301 302 303 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For craps and giggles. How much do you think the YJ empire value is down from its peak? My guess is 35%. NOw I am going to light the fuse and run away....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Tryouts will finally shut alot of you up
No one took teams over to any one organization
Some 91 players went to igloo, some elevate , empire some YJ and TG
All players tryout and where they land A or B is based on their lacrosse ability. Stop being threatened with change and recognize that CR will only put players where they are able to compete at
And the coaches credentials speak for themselves that goes for anyone coaching at the top club.
Stop bashing and actually be positive I'm sure your kids hear all this too.. new season and give it a chance

If this is the case, then Bert better blow his '21 team up. Because they were a mess, lots of better options out there on the other YJ teams. Will he make the necessary changes? Hard to know, but his D and attack aren't cutting it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do have a former T winner but she has not been a good coach . The Hofstra team was more successful than SB when she took over and now look . She has also never been able to do much w her TG teams when compared to YJ. The best I have seen her do st coaching is calling for stick checks , she is pretty good at it .

She was a good player, don't like her as a coach at all. And you are spot on to compare SBU vs Hofstra to see the vast difference a coach can make. That SBU win over Hofstra last year may have been the most thorough beat down ever in NCAA history. Hofstra didn't even know where the ball was they were so lost on the field.

OK....I know this is a tough one for you......the statement was YJ has the best coaches 2018-2022. Please cite the credentials of those coaches. Have a great day

You really are a dunce, no one said YJ has the best coaches 2018-2022 , that said as a coach AB has way more credentials for coaching high school and younger girls lacrosse, its not even close. There are more but if you try to deny that one its not even worth a conversation its worse than even discussing if SS is in the same league as Spallina as a college coach.

And there is the typical reply from someone who cannot conduct a factual discussion. Mom always said....dont argue with an idiot and your an idiot. Please refer to date 9/7- #241588 on previous page. Who is the dunce???? So are you saying that HS coaches have better credentials than college coaches. At least #241813 put forward a well thought out response that makes some sense and probably pertains to most club/travel coaches.

"Please tell me what girls club on LI has better coaches than YJ 2018- 2022" POST NUMBER 241588
You obviously have reading comprehension issues or are just really ignorant. No where in that post does it say YJ has the best coaches 2018-2022. What I was saying is that high school coach has better coaching credentials especially as it pertains to coaching high school lacrosse than that college coach. Again your comment is just so ignorant, just because SS was named the head coach of a college team with no prior coaching experience you automatically believe she has more credentials than any high school coach. Who's the dunce now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do have a former T winner but she has not been a good coach . The Hofstra team was more successful than SB when she took over and now look . She has also never been able to do much w her TG teams when compared to YJ. The best I have seen her do st coaching is calling for stick checks , she is pretty good at it .

She was a good player, don't like her as a coach at all. And you are spot on to compare SBU vs Hofstra to see the vast difference a coach can make. That SBU win over Hofstra last year may have been the most thorough beat down ever in NCAA history. Hofstra didn't even know where the ball was they were so lost on the field.

OK....I know this is a tough one for you......the statement was YJ has the best coaches 2018-2022. Please cite the credentials of those coaches. Have a great day

You really are a dunce, no one said YJ has the best coaches 2018-2022 , that said as a coach AB has way more credentials for coaching high school and younger girls lacrosse, its not even close. There are more but if you try to deny that one its not even worth a conversation its worse than even discussing if SS is in the same league as Spallina as a college coach.

And there is the typical reply from someone who cannot conduct a factual discussion. Mom always said....dont argue with an idiot and your an idiot. Please refer to date 9/7- #241588 on previous page. Who is the dunce???? So are you saying that HS coaches have better credentials than college coaches. At least #241813 put forward a well thought out response that makes some sense and probably pertains to most club/travel coaches.

"Please tell me what girls club on LI has better coaches than YJ 2018- 2022" POST NUMBER 241588
You obviously have reading comprehension issues or are just really ignorant. No where in that post does it say YJ has the best coaches 2018-2022. What I was saying is that high school coach has better coaching credentials especially as it pertains to coaching high school lacrosse than that college coach. Again your comment is just so ignorant, just because SS was named the head coach of a college team with no prior coaching experience you automatically believe she has more credentials than any high school coach. Who's the dunce now.

OK Mr idiot. Your opinion is some unnamed HS coach has better credentials. I know this is hard for you to understand please tell us who this person is and the credentials. Simple enough for you Mr Simpleton. I know it hurts your feelings to admit a college/professional coach does not reside within your organization coaching line-up. But in most places credentials matter.... not your simpleton opinion. Have a great day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's called the Peter Principle, you ascend to your level of incompetence - hello SS

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All players tryout and where they land A or B is based on their lacrosse ability. Stop being threatened with change and recognize that CR will only put players where they are able to compete at
And the coaches credentials speak for themselves that goes for anyone coaching at the top club.
Stop bashing and actually be positive I'm sure your kids hear all this too.. new season and give it a chance

hope you are right because it is really discouraging reading all of this, for my daughter who really works hard and loves the sport and truly believes in the system. would hope that they would have a fair and honest tryout at the YJ but hearing that back door deals were made, seeing it on the website girls going right over to blue and some being dropped already is really disreputable. If its just who you know than know wonder they can't make it work//its just plain wrong

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hope you are right because it is really discouraging reading all of this, for my daughter who really works hard and loves the sport and truly believes in the system. would hope that they would have a fair and honest tryout at the YJ but hearing that back door deals were made, seeing it on the website girls going right over to blue and some being dropped already is really disreputable. If its just who you know than know wonder they can't make it work//its just plain wrong

Your daughter has no shot at a fair and honest tryout. If she was a freak athlete you would of already been contacted and offered a back door deal to be on a team. So she will probably end up on third team, forth depending on age group. That's were they send all new girls with no contacts inside the organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your daughter has no shot at a fair and honest tryout. If she was a freak athlete you would of already been contacted and offered a back door deal to be on a team. So she will probably end up on third team, forth depending on age group. That's were they send all new girls with no contacts inside the organization.
Yellow Jackets have the most unfair, bias tryout of any club. Any club that tells it's top team to wear a blue pinnie, 2nd team to wear yellow pinnie, 3rd team will be given green pine, new comers are given red pennies. that proves it's a sham.teams are pick weeks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]They do have a former T winner but she has not been a good coach . The Hofstra team was more successful than SB when she took over and now look . She has also never been able to do much w her TG teams when compared to YJ. The best I have seen her do st coaching is calling for stick checks , she is pretty good at it . [/quote

OK Mr idiot. Your opinion is some unnamed HS coach has better credentials. I know this is hard for you to understand please tell us who this person is and the credentials. Simple enough for you Mr Simpleton. I know it hurts your feelings to admit a college/professional coach does not reside within your organization coaching line-up. But in most places credentials matter.... not your simpleton opinion. Have a great day.

Now I get it you are actually [lacrosse]. First a professional coach is laughable . Second SS had zero credentials as a coach prior to becoming Hofstra head coach and has shown herself to be a below average college coach , her record speaks for itself . Third you were the [lacrosse] who refused to name SS in your original [lacrosse] post and if you don't know who AB is then it explains a lot.Forth-his credentials as a high school coach are multiple state , county, Long Island championships and unquestionably the most successful NYS high school team of the last 5 years .What exactly are SS credentials as a coach other than the fact that she coaches . How is it that every year YJ teams for the most part dominate TG teams , must be that great coaching or is it that TG gets players that are so bad even the great SS can't coach them up .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's 2017 and you're still using the R word?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]They do have a former T winner but she has not been a good coach . The Hofstra team was more successful than SB when she took over and now look . She has also never been able to do much w her TG teams when compared to YJ. The best I have seen her do st coaching is calling for stick checks , she is pretty good at it . [/quote

Now I get it you are actually [lacrosse]. First a professional coach is laughable . Second SS had zero credentials as a coach prior to becoming Hofstra head coach and has shown herself to be a below average college coach , her record speaks for itself . Third you were the [lacrosse] who refused to name SS in your original [lacrosse] post and if you don't know who AB is then it explains a lot.Forth-his credentials as a high school coach are multiple state , county, Long Island championships and unquestionably the most successful NYS high school team of the last 5 years .What exactly are SS credentials as a coach other than the fact that she coaches . How is it that every year YJ teams for the most part dominate TG teams , must be that great coaching or is it that TG gets players that are so bad even the great SS can't coach them up .

Now I'm [lacrosse] and a [lacrosse]. OK. You must be a ball to be around. Been nice talking to ya.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now I'm [lacrosse] and a [lacrosse]. OK. You must be a ball to be around. Been nice talking to ya.

Lol, it's hard to argue with a nasty hole. Her daughter probably is the worst kid on her YJ team who might rule LI but regularly gets beat down by the MD girls. Lady needs a slice of humble pie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AB - has done nothing in 2 years with his B team. They could barely beat themselves this summer! But seriously no one at YJ cares, they are the B after all. At least 5 girls are walking, so he will have some room for more home town kids!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your using words that are really offensive to some people. Educate yourself and get your priorities straight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yellow Jackets have the most unfair, bias tryout of any club. Any club that tells it's top team to wear a blue pinnie, 2nd team to wear yellow pinnie, 3rd team will be given green pine, new comers are given red pennies. that proves it's a sham.teams are pick weeks.

Its true...teams are already picked. ...you have to have some sort of in...or know someone or have a sister on a top team...it doesn't matter how well you play really...clearly from 2023...its all about who you know. its so bad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your using words that are really offensive to some people. Educate yourself and get your priorities straight.

Settle down r-[lacrosse]. Is that better? Words are not offensive, loser. People are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Settle down r-[lacrosse]. Is that better? Words are not offensive, loser. People are.

If CR knew who you were and that you were posting and using that to refer to someone, she would throw you and you child out of the organization. You and you words are not offensive, you are troubled and disturbed. And I don't even know what you argument is, I didn't even read that far back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes you are D-bag!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes you are D-bag!

He is also ignorant

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are pretty funny ,many of you are using offensive words to tell someone they are using offensive words .The so called r word is offensive if used to describe someone who is considered to have delayed or below average intelligence which it may or may not have been used that way originally. It's still used often in my industry (not to describe people) .The original r poster seems to have used it to get a rise out of many of you and it worked ,unfortunately his or her original post was spot on in regard to SS coaching resume but when use use such a volatile word the rest of your argument goes out the window .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are pretty funny ,many of you are using offensive words to tell someone they are using offensive words .The so called r word is offensive if used to describe someone who is considered to have delayed or below average intelligence which it may or may not have been used that way originally. It's still used often in my industry (not to describe people) .The original r poster seems to have used it to get a rise out of many of you and it worked ,unfortunately his or her original post was spot on in regard to SS coaching resume but when use use such a volatile word the rest of your argument goes out the window .

Like you, tool, go outside the mary haven bus is there to pick you up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like you, tool, go outside the mary haven bus is there to pick you up.

Projection much?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you should go to Maryhaven and volunteer some of your time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And your response to the terrible coaching job of AB?????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you should go to Maryhaven and volunteer some of your time.

YJ parents and Coaches need way more help than I can give!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Terrible coaching ? His high school team has won multiple state and long island championships and I believe may be the most successful high school program in NYS the last 5 or so years.How is that terrible?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Terrible coaching ? His high school team has won multiple state and long island championships and I believe may be the most successful high school program in NYS the last 5 or so years.How is that terrible?

Yea, yea. We heard that mumbo jumbo already. Hows that YJ team doing under his tutelage. Guess his HS (haha) credentials don't translate to club team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AB is the best coach at the club level at giving hugs to his players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AB has been very fortunate to have a lot of talented players throughout the years. Most of these girls were NOT coached by him until they got to HS. He has been able to ride on their backs to these championships. As a coach himself, he is very average.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AB has been very fortunate to have a lot of talented players throughout the years. Most of these girls were NOT coached by him until they got to HS. He has been able to ride on their backs to these championships. As a coach himself, he is very average.

Except for the queen bee and spalina, they are all over rated. Just because you played in college doesn't make you a good coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except for the queen bee and spalina, they are all over rated. Just because you played in college doesn't make you a good coach

Those 2 are the best at recruiting talent. More salesman than coaches. It works. They're not going to make your kid better though. They'll use them for as long as they're useful and replace them when they're not. Not saying that is good or bad, it's how it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But the bee does win at the HS level so there has to be something there and for the record I am NOT a FAN

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those 2 are the best at recruiting talent. More salesman than
coaches. It works. They're not going to make your kid better though. They'll use them for as long as they're useful and replace them when they're not. Not saying that is good or bad, it's how it is.

Just so ignorant.If you think Spallina gets the best talent you are utterly clueless. Rarely do any of the top seniors from Long Island stay home and play in the Island and virtually unheard of for the top talent off the island to play on the Usland in college .Spallina dies more with less than any other college coach .Whats the highest ranked player coming out of high school that he has on that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

coaches. It works. They're not going to make your kid better though. They'll use them for as long as they're useful and replace them when they're not. Not saying that is good or bad, it's how it is.

Just so ignorant.If you think Spallina gets the best talent you are utterly clueless. Rarely do any of the top seniors from Long Island stay home and play in the Island and virtually unheard of for the top talent off the island to play on the Usland in college .Spallina dies more with less than any other college coach .Whats the highest ranked player coming out of high school that he has on that team.

Completely correct, he has achieved incredible heights with less profile players. But he has also raised eyebrows of the future with the current number 2 team in the country. He now has the top kids from Long Island visiting and at least looking at the program as an option which he never had before. Not saying he will land any of these top prospects but he has definitely built up some steam and interest. SBU is a tough sell, good academic school, but not really the nice campus, campus/student life experience most are looking for. The atheletic facilities and support are also miles away from what other schools offer. What will get him players is his personality, he is very charismatic and a great confidence builder. Now that his team is right in the mix of the very top teams, his recruiting will get easier and easier. Scary to think what this guy could do if he starts to land some of the top talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or goes to a school with a real campus life

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely correct, he has achieved incredible heights with less profile players. But he has also raised eyebrows of the future with the current number 2 team in the country. He now has the top kids from Long Island visiting and at least looking at the program as an option which he never had before. Not saying he will land any of these top prospects but he has definitely built up some steam and interest. SBU is a tough sell, good academic school, but not really the nice campus, campus/student life experience most are looking for. The atheletic facilities and support are also miles away from what other schools offer. What will get him players is his personality, he is very charismatic and a great confidence builder. Now that his team is right in the mix of the very top teams, his recruiting will get easier and easier. Scary to think what this guy could do if he starts to land some of the top talent.

So, he's a good salesman? Not knocking the guy or the school, I hope my kid goes to a state school like SB. Just stating a fact. He sells the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB got some nice praise in Newsday today. Here is an honest question, if he wanted to stay on the island would he be able to get better talent at Hofstra than he does at Stony Brook? Hofstra is a nice campus but in a crappy area like most colleges. Closer to city. Pretty good academics. Any thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tuition to high

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SB got some nice praise in Newsday today. Here is an honest question, if he wanted to stay on the island would he be able to get better talent at Hofstra than he does at Stony Brook? Hofstra is a nice campus but in a crappy area like most colleges. Closer to city. Pretty good academics. Any thoughts?

SB is an easier sell. After a 25% athletic scholarship at Hofstra, you'll need to pay a balance of approximately $36,000 per year x 4 = $144,000......if she doesn't get academic money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But there is more academic money at the privates. the state schools give almost nothing for academics unless you are way over qualified for the school

Like Reply Quote
Page 301 of 327 1 2 299 300 301 302 303 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard