BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,531
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 290 of 327 1 2 288 289 290 291 292 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]What happened to the 2023 YJ teams??? Took a beating in Virginia, heard many girls are looking to leave the program.

Terrible coaching it's been a mess and yes parents are looking for a better environment for their girls.

Heard many girls traveled to Virginia to ride pine. Terrible!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Travel not to play, the YJ way....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]What happened to the 2023 YJ teams??? Took a beating in Virginia, heard many girls are looking to leave the program.

Terrible coaching it's been a mess and yes parents are looking for a better environment for their girls.

2021 B also has probles. Favoring girls makes parents upset![/quote

The goalies mom screaming at her..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That sounds about par for the course for younger YJ teams. Those parents end up with TE or Lib by the time they get to high school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That should help. The girls know far better than their parents what to do. Screaming at her is about Mon looking like she's doing something.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 Thorne and jackoffalone lose to TG.in battle for 4th place.. Huge disappointment.
Time to hang it up jackoffalone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
saw many 2023 girls not get in, what a shame to those families who ventured to VA for 3 days. If parents were told prior then shame on them. Does this happen at the older grades as well? Figuring as the older the girls get they are all A caliber through the process. Would think at that age the girls need to be on the field and be seen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eitther the goalie or the defense in front of her - depends on who she thinks was at fault on a given play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So next year say you don't won't to be on A.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
saw many 2023 girls not get in, what a shame to those families who ventured to VA for 3 days. If parents were told prior then shame on them. Does this happen at the older grades as well? Figuring as the older the girls get they are all A caliber through the process. Would think at that age the girls need to be on the field and be seen.

Be seen? By who? First off, college coaches never come to this event anyway. Secondly, they certainly wouldn't be watching 2023's even if they were there.

It's club lacrosse. Playing time isn't guaranteed.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be seen? By who? First off, college coaches never come to this event anyway. Secondly, they certainly wouldn't be watching 2023's even if they were there.

It's club lacrosse. Playing time isn't guaranteed.

Yes too many girls sat on the bench while the Dads acted. Obnoxious. The coaching was horrendous and was just a boring game resulting in another loss. YJ went 1-3 disgrace!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's my beef. If my daughter tried out and was deemed "A" team worthy, then she should play period! If she wasn't deserving of being on the A team then place her properly on the B team where she would play.

If your business model is to load the rosters up with 26,27,28 players then make sure there is a plan to play them all. If there isn't, then let players know that and quit hiding behind that its club lacrosse and playing time is earned. YOU PICKED HER! She earned a spot at you BS tryouts money milking tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here's my beef. If my daughter tried out and was deemed "A" team worthy, then she should play period! If she wasn't deserving of being on the A team then place her properly on the B team where she would play.

If your business model is to load the rosters up with 26,27,28 players then make sure there is a plan to play them all. If there isn't, then let players know that and quit hiding behind that its club lacrosse and playing time is earned. YOU PICKED HER! She earned a spot at you BS tryouts money milking tryouts

I don't understand it. 2023 A team takes some great girls from their B. Then those girls don't play. Seen it time and time again. Meanwhile the B could use those girls back .. who worked hard to be on A. so there is no option for The b girls to strive for. Because they will move up and not
Play. The coach has pure favoritism. No credentials. They play the same kids and only the same kids. His favorites. No I would definitely not want my daughter to move up to A. Only I'd rather spend my money and watch her develop and play. If I was a parent whose daughter didn't play I would go somewhere else for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The YJ way, you must not be part of the friends and family plan

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In all fairness, I had no Idea jackoffalone would be calling all the shots. He even made a big speach last year after we got drstroyrd in Maryland saying "we get paid to win" . That obviously isn't happening for two years. Oh, my mistake , we went undefeated at All Star Express. We will be leaving this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So next year say you don't won't to be on A.

Really? You think Thorne is an "A" team? That's a freaking JOKE!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In all fairness, I had no Idea jackoffalone would be calling all the shots. He even made a big speach last year after we got drstroyrd in Maryland saying "we get paid to win" . That obviously isn't happening for two years. Oh, my mistake , we went undefeated at All Star Express. We will be leaving this year.

Word on the street is KT leaving the "A". Parents are disgusted with the coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So next year say you don't won't to be on A.

Of course Thorne is the A team although Wright is clearly the better coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rome is burning....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Here's my beef. If my daughter tried out and was deemed "A" team worthy, then she should play period! If she wasn't deserving of being on the A team then place her properly on the B team where she would play.

Word on the street is KT leaving the "A". Parents are disgusted with the coaching.

Rest assured nobody is leaving. Everyone talks a big game and everyone will stay no doubt. See you at the tryouts in October.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not talking about Thorne vs Wright. That is clear. Just Thorne is not A team caliber. Coaching is a joke (SG) . no knock on BT but her hands are tied and she owes her soul to the devil. True A team would not have all the nepotism and friends and Family BS. Complete disgrace Run like a PAL team with a daddy coach. Been going on for 2 long and CR doesn't seem to give a crap. Going to TG like the other 2 YJ defectors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes Thorne team better than Wright ,but not an A team. With that record and coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a player is put on an A roster that girl was selected by that team's coaches as an A player unless there were prior discussions with parents of limited role on the team. An A roster should be as deep as A goes, obviously there needs to be minimum amount of players on the roster. I've seen rosters as low as 17 girls where all are utilized. Having 23 plus kids on A roster where a ton of girls sit is not a healthy environment at all. I'm sure those players would be at the top of that team's B team or another A team contributing and feeling part of the team. If there is prior communication between the organization and parents of the players role at the start of the season, then all is good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody is going anywhere because I said so, got it? CR

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So is a 2020 coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not talking about Thorne vs Wright. That is clear. Just Thorne is not A team caliber. Coaching is a joke (SG) . no knock on BT but her hands are tied and she owes her soul to the devil. True A team would not have all the nepotism and friends and Family BS. Complete disgrace Run like a PAL team with a daddy coach. Been going on for 2 long and CR doesn't seem to give a crap. Going to TG like the other 2 YJ defectors.

Seems like that was a good idea for them, they don't come out of the game. The only way to improve is to get game experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both teams have average talent at best across the board no standouts yet. The better sticks on thorn are too small and just a step or two too slow for their size (if they were small and quicker then that would make up for the size), the bigger girls on thorn and Wright lack stick skills. Wright's girl need to put in more work in the offseason on their sticks and get trained by someone, or they will continue to just be a well organized group of girls who will keep coming up a bit short. The Thorn team are girls who probably won't see more success because of their physical limitations. Between the two teams CR may be able to scrape together 10-12 decent players. Let's see is she reorganizes or this age group will continue to struggle. overall this age group is indicative of the decline of YJ because of better training options out their. Only team that trains hard and has real off season opportunities to work on real lacrosse skills that will translate to wins later in their career is JS '25 team. Even if he isn't always at the helm, he is always providing those kids with the best instruction whether it be a player former player, etc. or a pick up practice during the off season that he throws together. Those girls will be the only YJ team that gets that kind of instruction because their coach is personally vested through his kid and could care less about all the other BS. There will be critics, but all those kids are getting their fill of instruction and skill work. All the others coaches are either putting forth a garbage effort or marginal effort at best (as is many other club situations). Too many hang their hat on their HS teams reputation or are daddy coaches who just don't have the big picture of instruction. But '25 YJ comes the
Closest to doing it like MD.

Congrats on the U13 and U14, now let's get back to teaching the kids. Or YJ will eventually be back down to two teams at every age, because there are many more better options from other programs, where people don't have to be treated poorly and accept it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to the YJ U-13 and U-14 winners.

It sounds like it will be very crowded at the 2023 TG tryouts in a few weeks. I wonder if CR will send a spy to see how many YJ girls show up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What happened to the 2023 YJ teams??? Took a beating in Virginia, heard many girls are looking to leave the program.

2021 B also has probles. Favoring girls makes parents upset!

Yep, the "great coach" took down the same team that disappointed all summer and guess what? They didn't make it out of the QFs. Defense and attack are a problem. Maybe if you held a real "tryout" for the Gold team you were taking down there you would have done better. All they did was invite down the top 4 girls from both C and D to a "tryout" and I heard even those girls weren't give much of a shot (except the new assistant coaches daughter). The B team needs to be blown up and replaced with some C and D girls. The C team, which won 3 tourneys this summer, could beat Bert's team right now. And there are a couple of D players that should move up. Nope, he'd rather keep his "gems" and get embarrassed all summer and at the Nationals. Great "coaching". Tryouts and roster formation this November should be interesting, will send a clear message if CR is going to step in or is she going to let Bert keep making the same mistakes. His team has become worse and worse as each year passes, Mt Sinai and friends and family aren't cutting it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both teams have average talent at best across the board no standouts yet. The better sticks on thorn are too small and just a step or two too slow for their size (if they were small and quicker then that would make up for the size), the bigger girls on thorn and Wright lack stick skills. Wright's girl need to put in more work in the offseason on their sticks and get trained by someone, or they will continue to just be a well organized group of girls who will keep coming up a bit short. The Thorn team are girls who probably won't see more success because of their physical limitations. Between the two teams CR may be able to scrape together 10-12 decent players. Let's see is she reorganizes or this age group will continue to struggle. overall this age group is indicative of the decline of YJ because of better training options out their. Only team that trains hard and has real off season opportunities to work on real lacrosse skills that will translate to wins later in their career is JS '25 team. Even if he isn't always at the helm, he is always providing those kids with the best instruction whether it be a player former player, etc. or a pick up practice during the off season that he throws together. Those girls will be the only YJ team that gets that kind of instruction because their coach is personally vested through his kid and could care less about all the other BS. There will be critics, but all those kids are getting their fill of instruction and skill work. All the others coaches are either putting forth a garbage effort or marginal effort at best (as is many other club situations). Too many hang their hat on their HS teams reputation or are daddy coaches who just don't have the big picture of instruction. But '25 YJ comes the
Closest to doing it like MD.

Congrats on the U13 and U14, now let's get back to teaching the kids. Or YJ will eventually be back down to two teams at every age, because there are many more better options from other programs, where people don't have to be treated poorly and accept it.

2024 Williams does it right as well. It's a phenomenal team that barely loses and runs practices and stick skills all year. A lot is organized by the dads, but it works and it shows on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So is a 2020 coach
who's rumored to be leaving?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]So next year say you don't won't to be on A.

Seems like that was a good idea for them, they don't come out of the game. The only way to improve is to get game experience.

Those girls seem very happy with their decision to leave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thorn and Wright will combine their top players to be considered a solid team or will they continue to ruin this age group?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Congrats to the YJ U-13 and U-14 winners.

It sounds like it will be very crowded at the 2023 TG tryouts in a few weeks. I wonder if CR will send a spy to see how many YJ girls show up?

Cr witnessed this disaster of team herself nobody looked happy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What happened to the 2023 YJ teams??? Took a beating in Virginia, heard many girls are looking to leave the program.

Yep, the "great coach" took down the same team that disappointed all summer and guess what? They didn't make it out of the QFs. Defense and attack are a problem. Maybe if you held a real "tryout" for the Gold team you were taking down there you would have done better. All they did was invite down the top 4 girls from both C and D to a "tryout" and I heard even those girls weren't give much of a shot (except the new assistant coaches daughter). The B team needs to be blown up and replaced with some C and D girls. The C team, which won 3 tourneys this summer, could beat Bert's team right now. And there are a couple of D players that should move up. Nope, he'd rather keep his "gems" and get embarrassed all summer and at the Nationals. Great "coaching". Tryouts and roster formation this November should be interesting, will send a clear message if CR is going to step in or is she going to let Bert keep making the same mistakes. His team has become worse and worse as each year passes, Mt Sinai and friends and family aren't cutting it.

Why even put up with it. Other options out there, than the B team hype machine. Your only paying for a few selfies with the guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Congrats to the YJ U-13 and U-14 winners.

For Thorn's team this season was even worse than last season. Its not getting better time to see what else is out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another joke at the so called national championships. Should have played them at Hofstra! NO talent except the LI teams. All tournament team is from LI with 1 PA. Good for Igloo on a big win in the younger age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

C & D played in the lowest possible brackets agaisnt the least competitive teams.
I would not use that as your high water mark. Bert is a great coach who will sort this out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

C & D played in the lowest possible brackets agaisnt the least competitive teams.
I would not use that as your high water mark. Bert is a great coach who will sort this out.

its been 2 years of the same! he watched c and d teams play and many will move up!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thorn and Wright will combine their top players to be considered a solid team or will they continue to ruin this age group?

Not if BT and SG are the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
Page 290 of 327 1 2 288 289 290 291 292 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard