BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 56 of 62 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 61 62
Re: Boys 2025- 4th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Awwwwwww. 10 yr olds get caught up in the excitement of a close game and sometimes don't make decisions based on decorum. Whats your excuse?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is a sinking ship, all the parents know it ...
Good Luck with Goalie and FO

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
s it possible to successfully make two A teams from one team.

When a boys team has over 30 kids on it and your kid doesn't play in the meaningful games the bottom 10 kids really are the top players on the B team. They only have 30 kids on the roster to subsidize charging the top players more $. It sounds harsh but it is the reality of the situation. Your kid would be better off getting playing time on the B team but parent egos can't seem to understand that till it is too late.

Makes sense but then the kid might not be challenged enough.
Meaningful discussion here- Would you rather have your kid as the top player on the B team or a bottom player on the A team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Channy is planning to do it. He has 30+ kids and wants to make 2 A teams next season. Teams might practice together but do separate tournaments.

There is no way those parents who get split to the other team are going to stay. I would Think the strategy is to retain players, not push them to other clubs.

Of course they are going to stay. They don't care about the 30+ kids now. They don't care little johnny gets 5 mins playing time. It's not about little johnny. Its about them being able to brag to their friends about little johnny being on the A team. So sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When a boys team has over 30 kids on it and your kid doesn't play in the meaningful games the bottom 10 kids really are the top players on the B team. They only have 30 kids on the roster to subsidize charging the top players more $. It sounds harsh but it is the reality of the situation. Your kid would be better off getting playing time on the B team but parent egos can't seem to understand that till it is too late.

Meaningful discussion here- Would you rather have your kid as the top player on the B team or a bottom player on the A team?

I would rather have my son be the last kid on the A team then the best on the B team. At least he's getting challenged in practice, which is how he will improve.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would rather have my son be the last kid on the A team then the best on the B team. At least he's getting challenged in practice, which is how he will improve.

Fair point. However, don't make the mistake and let your kid ride the bench. Being bottom half of the roster and not playing any minutes when it counts is mind boggling to me. Kids build IQ in practice that's how they get better, by buying into the coaches system, but the stick work and foot work are done away from practice, that is how you improve. Hit the wall and improve foot work will help overcome those challenges. A handfull of touches during progressions and line drills during warm up doesn't challenge anybody.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Practice is where kids get better, no question about it. However to have your child sitting on the bench throughout a tournament or playing so minimal is crazy. If that's the case, I'd go to a new team. First and foremost your kid should have fun and that's not fun for any kid. I find it mind boggling how many families go through this. I can't imagine going away for a weekend lacrosse tournament, not with just my son, but my wife and 2 other kids. Spending money on hotels for 2 nights, food,gas and other stuff. Not to mention the big tuition these teams charge. A summer weekend of lacrosse, getting up early, going to store bring my item on sign up genie, parking a mile away. Lugging all the crap to the field, setting up tents and chairs, listening to my daughter complain she is hot and port a potty is disgusting, To do all this and on top of that, your son doesn't play, I think its crazy. I'd never do it, I don't care how good those practices are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Practice is where kids get better, no question about it. However to have your child sitting on the bench throughout a tournament or playing so minimal is crazy. If that's the case, I'd go to a new team. First and foremost your kid should have fun and that's not fun for any kid. I find it mind boggling how many families go through this. I can't imagine going away for a weekend lacrosse tournament, not with just my son, but my wife and 2 other kids. Spending money on hotels for 2 nights, food,gas and other stuff. Not to mention the big tuition these teams charge. A summer weekend of lacrosse, getting up early, going to store bring my item on sign up genie, parking a mile away. Lugging all the crap to the field, setting up tents and chairs, listening to my daughter complain she is hot and port a potty is disgusting, To do all this and on top of that, your son doesn't play, I think its crazy. I'd never do it, I don't care how good those practices are.

^^^THAT!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^^^THAT!

Yeah, I don't understand it. And selfishly I want to watch my.son play. Sorry, as a parent, I love watching my kid enjoy sports and PLAY.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fair point. However, don't make the mistake and let your kid ride the bench. Being bottom half of the roster and not playing any minutes when it counts is mind boggling to me. Kids build IQ in practice that's how they get better, by buying into the coaches system, but the stick work and foot work are done away from practice, that is how you improve. Hit the wall and improve foot work will help overcome those challenges. A handfull of touches during progressions and line drills during warm up doesn't challenge anybody.

My kid has to dodge all the crap on his floor to get into the room and his bed. Makes for great footwork.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^^^THAT!

The person who said that he would rather his kid be the worst on an A team than the best on a B team because of the practices is just saying that in theory. If the person actually lived it, no way would they say that. A kid that doesn't get into games will hate the sport and once that happens its over anyway. Practices without games are useless.

And btw, other than maybe one or two teams at each age group, the best player on many B teams is better than the bottom players on A teams anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^^^THAT!

The person who said that he would rather his kid be the worst on an A team than the best on a B team because of the practices is just saying that in theory. If the person actually lived it, no way would they say that. A kid that doesn't get into games will hate the sport and once that happens its over anyway. Practices without games are useless.

And btw, other than maybe one or two teams at each age group, the best player on many B teams is better than the bottom players on A teams anyway.

That's why this term."2nd A team" is coming up. Because we won't play for a B team, but we'll play for a 2nd A team. Lol. It's okay B team isn't a four letter word.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

^^^THAT!

That's why this term."2nd A team" is coming up. Because we won't play for a B team, but we'll play for a 2nd A team. Lol. It's okay B team isn't a four letter word.

Don't they realize if your kid never plays a meaningful minute on the A team he is already a B player

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Channy had any balls he would play in lax clash take a shot at Mixed Nuts. Only team to blow them out back to back. Grab his granny panties and lets go!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Channy had any balls he would play in lax clash take a shot at Mixed Nuts. Only team to blow them out back to back. Grab his granny panties and lets go!

Sounds like a 91 parent talking ... can't beat 'em with Blast anymore, so you gotta get your fix some other way. Put a lid on it for now pal, the season's done. Kids are now taking a well deserved break. BTW, taking an all-star group of kids from a bunch of different programs to play an Express team isn't legit you loser. Apples and oranges. It only exists to make guys like you get over your insecurities.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a 91 parent talking ... can't beat 'em with Blast anymore, so you gotta get your fix some other way. Put a lid on it for now pal, the season's done. Kids are now taking a well deserved break. BTW, taking an all-star group of kids from a bunch of different programs to play an Express team isn't legit you loser. Apples and oranges. It only exists to make guys like you get over your insecurities.

Sound a bit sour. Taking a well deserved break. 2/3 of Express has been on break all season as most didnt even see the field. Call it what u want all-star etc great compliment, just pick up lacrosse with some friends and some kids dont even play travel. Only apples and oranges is the kids who play and kids who ride the bench for Channy. So ask Channy put his teeth in and show up. Maybe other kids can finally play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Real team vs pretend team. Give it a rest Mixed Nuts loser coach. You're not a coach, you just sub kids. The season is over. Enjoy playing chumps this weekend. You played 2/3 of us in the spring. you only have 2 elite player and they're both coming to Express. Enjoy your offseason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Relax people lacrosse is over. Find something to do. This is definition of needing to get a life. It's over now. Enjoy a few weeks of summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sound a bit sour. Taking a well deserved break. 2/3 of Express has been on break all season as most didnt even see the field. Call it what u want all-star etc great compliment, just pick up lacrosse with some friends and some kids dont even play travel. Only apples and oranges is the kids who play and kids who ride the bench for Channy. So ask Channy put his teeth in and show up. Maybe other kids can finally play.

Here's another compliment: You're a loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Real team vs pretend team. Give it a rest Mixed Nuts loser coach. You're not a coach, you just sub kids. The season is over. Enjoy playing chumps this weekend. You played 2/3 of us in the spring. you only have 2 elite player and they're both coming to Express. Enjoy your offseason.

Best subber out there though

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2 elite players? That's the perfect description of those 2 parents. They have you convinced their little fella is elite. The parents played it well, but you will see their shortcomings immediately. Enjoy !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Relax people lacrosse is over. Find something to do. This is definition of needing to get a life. It's over now. Enjoy a few weeks of summer.

Really. Go relax and enjoy the summer. It was so nice this week knowing we don't have to get the fields for practice and then spend the day on the fields in 90 degree heat. Football starts in August, apart from tryouts, I don't want my kid near a lacrosse field until October. It's really too much in one sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best subber out there though

Says the Blast 3rd stringer. Don't worry, with all the kids leaving, your kid might get moved to 2nd line!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody cares about Mixed Nuts. Season is over.

To get back on track of having a meaningful discussion here- I agree with the posters above about better having a kid playing for the B team instead of ridding the bench for the A team. I know my kid wants to play. He wouldn't want to just practice. And who wants to go out of state to watch their kid warm the bench. I sure as [lacrosse] don't. At this age, playing time and a love for the game is what matters. All those crazy parents out there riding the kids probably never played a sport in their life and if they did they sucked and are living through their kid. It's obvious. Anyone that;s played in college or professionally knows it's a job and is a lot of hard work. Let the kids have fun and let them develop a love for the game because they want to. Not because dad wants them to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To get back on track of having a meaningful discussion here- I agree with the posters above about better having a kid playing for the B team instead of ridding the bench for the A team. I know my kid wants to play. He wouldn't want to just practice. And who wants to go out of state to watch their kid warm the bench. I sure as [lacrosse] don't. At this age, playing time and a love for the game is what matters. All those crazy parents out there riding the kids probably never played a sport in their life and if they did they sucked and are living through their kid. It's obvious. Anyone that;s played in college or professionally knows it's a job and is a lot of hard work. Let the kids have fun and let them develop a love for the game because they want to. Not because dad wants them to.

This is a good point, now Channy is marketing two A teams if the rumors are true. Brilliant strategy but it never works that way. Isn't Spallina poaching the best players each year for his Bandits team? The 90+1 B team is still playing A level, but they struggle. Didn't the 2022 teams at 90+1 stay apart as best as they could and then pretend that after they joined them up that they would have two A teams? Good marketing, but it takes a lot of talent for two A teams. I would say forget A and B (as long as the team is respectable) and go for the coach, especially at this age and absolutely if your boy isn't an A player yet but could be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a good point, now Channy is marketing two A teams if the rumors are true. Brilliant strategy but it never works that way. Isn't Spallina poaching the best players each year for his Bandits team? The 90+1 B team is still playing A level, but they struggle. Didn't the 2022 teams at 90+1 stay apart as best as they could and then pretend that after they joined them up that they would have two A teams? Good marketing, but it takes a lot of talent for two A teams. I would say forget A and B (as long as the team is respectable) and go for the coach, especially at this age and absolutely if your boy isn't an A player yet but could be.

Not sure about the other clubs or age divisions but going for the good coach is tough. One would assume the A team will have the better coaches. This is a problem for the 2nd or 3rd string kid on the A team. He rides the bench and plays when it doesn't matter. As for Channy, does that mean he is coaching an A & B team? If so, does that mean Oreilly is coaching a C team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure about the other clubs or age divisions but going for the good coach is tough. One would assume the A team will have the better coaches. This is a problem for the 2nd or 3rd string kid on the A team. He rides the bench and plays when it doesn't matter. As for Channy, does that mean he is coaching an A & B team? If so, does that mean Oreilly is coaching a C team?

I am of the opinion that there is no such thing as a 2nd A team when constructed like this. They are built up over a few years, not built down... and must be independent. My guess is everyone not on the top team will be searching out others clubs. You are likely to see a lot of Express helmets of kids that didn't play at other tryouts. Especially since the other big clubs on the Island are far behind the top 3 in the age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If parents are really interested in finding the best coach for their kid then why do people keep going back to 91? 3 different coaches in 3 years. I'm not knocking the boys on the team or their ability but there has been no consistency with coaches in that program @ this age level. Parents are paying good money for their son to be on one of these teams they deserve to get good consistent coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of 91, what happened to Ice. Last year (2016) they were a good B team. This year they are beyond horrible, and consistently are blown out playing only B teams. Obviously all their players from last year went somewhere - just curious as to where?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of 91, what happened to Ice. Last year (2016) they were a good B team. This year they are beyond horrible, and consistently are blown out playing only B teams. Obviously all their players from last year went somewhere - just curious as to where?

I think one went to Lizards and one went to Denver

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I actually asked one of their Dads that exact question as my sons B team played them 5 times this year and blew them out each time. He said everyone left for A teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I actually asked one of their Dads that exact question as my sons B team played them 5 times this year and blew them out each time. He said everyone left for A teams.

Not A teams. Other teams. And it was a coaching i was told. That's the B team stigma. They don't get equal treatment. Obviously, not true across the board, but it happens a lot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You watch and see the same people go back to 90/1 and believe the same garbage they are fed all year, it is funny last tourney they all of a sudden start playing all the kids equally. If you look at those coaches they are going to repeat the practice schedule as last year which comes out to MAYBE once a week. Good luck if you write the check again then stop complaining about it . Say what you want about this but I am 100% correct . Good Luck to all at tryouts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not A teams. Other teams. And it was a coaching i was told. That's the B team stigma. They don't get equal treatment. Obviously, not true across the board, but it happens a lot.

I was told A teams but obviously other teams. They had a short bench as well which didn't help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was told A teams but obviously other teams. They had a short bench as well which didn't help.

Ice only had 15-16 kids. Express was easily able to add them to their A team roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ice only had 15-16 kids. Express was easily able to add them to their A team roster.

They went to the Express B team. And that team turned to be really good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express B team will create A team players in the next couple of years. O'Reilly makes the kids better. It's a good farm system.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good to see it worked out for those kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
90/1 loses another coach , things are really going well for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
90/1 loses another coach , things are really going well for them

Best thing to happen to team. Half the coaches were garbage and now that half is gone. Gonna be a great year for 90 +2 - 1 + 3 - 3 + 90 -90

Page 56 of 62 1 2 54 55 56 57 58 61 62

Link Copied to Clipboard