BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,788
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 55 of 62 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 61 62
Re: Boys 2025- 4th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm following this conversation. It's seems to be true, the only team usually discussed is this one. My boy doesn't play for one of the top teams, his team is middle of the road. My older son is on a top team and my daughter is on a great basketball team,so I'm around sports a lot. I think it's crazy how parents get wrapped up in this, but even more crazy is how they put so much anger and energy on a team, they don't even have a kid playing for. Think of how nuts that sounds. My 3 kids who play sports, I spend a lot of money on and they enjoy it, that's why I do it. I don't want to sound cold, but it's completely true. I don't care about your kid. I don't care about what team he plays for. I don't care about his coaches. I don't care if he gets no playing time. I don't care if he is great. I don't care how often or little he practices. I don't care how much money you spend on lacrosse or other sports. I don't care about his teams record. I don't care about his grades in school. Etc, etc. The point is I care about all these things for my 3 kids. Not yours. People should worry about their own situations. Worrying about other 10 year old boys that your boy has no part of is a little weird if you ask me.

Thank you for infusing a little bit of sanity into this forum. I hope everyone is happy where they are. There is great competition at this grade level. Anyone who has a kid on a top team knows it. In a few years, hopefully these boys will all be friends and will continue to make each other better. Let's stop hating on a bunch of kids, no matter what team they play for.

Please tell us more about the best 2025 attackman that is now at Express. I bet he also got the lifetime achievement award at camp too.this crap is too funny

This kid is not currently on Express. Next year maybe it's different, who knows. But current season is not over and he is not on the team, not attending practices, not playing in games. Until such time he is a 91 kid. Slow down and let's not put the cart before the horse. If the kid's in summer camp let it be for now. If he does come over he'll have to earn his stripes like anyone else. If he makes the team I am sure he will be welcomed and treated like any other player as long as no drama spills over from whatever current situation exists. He would not be judged based upon these posts, rather how he and his family show up in the fall. That's it, not more complicated than that. Let's move on now.

Thanks Channy do all of your parents feel that way or just your accountant?

Wrong not Channy... just a parent that appreciates the obviously much less drama than what exists on your team.

Yeah....till next year. Enjoy it while it lasts.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the insight Channy, um not Channy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

This kid is not currently on Express. Next year maybe it's different, who knows. But current season is not over and he is not on the team, not attending practices, not playing in games. Until such time he is a 91 kid. Slow down and let's not put the cart before the horse. If the kid's in summer camp let it be for now. If he does come over he'll have to earn his stripes like anyone else. If he makes the team I am sure he will be welcomed and treated like any other player as long as no drama spills over from whatever current situation exists. He would not be judged based upon these posts, rather how he and his family show up in the fall. That's it, not more complicated than that. Let's move on now

Drama free for two weeks and counting!

Drama free because you won some games. Maybe you psychos should consider avoiding competition and playing in B tournaments against 3rd graders more often. Since you're only concernered with winning and not development, you've found your niche in the lax world.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Attack man on Express? Heard he showed up at one practice and hasn't been since. You people really need to get a life.

That was his tryout for next year. They're all yours now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Attack man on Express? Heard he showed up at one practice and hasn't been since. You people really need to get a life.

That was his tryout for next year. They're all yours now.

But we did this in WI and I coached there and the other guy thinks he played for MD why are we not wanted on any club team? ......Nice players but come with too much baggage.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There has to be more in 10 year old lacrosse than this topic. Enough already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the insight Channy, um not Channy!

Still not Channy, sorry dude.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There has to be more in 10 year old lacrosse than this topic. Enough already.

Yes, there's carrying their equipment, making sure they tie their cleats, wiping their butts, slicing their bagels and oranges, packing their nightlight for away tourneys and making sure they have their blankie and teddy bear. Half of these boys are still in single digits and you nuts are talking about colleges already in the sideline. SMH.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if my son comes out of the summer knowing how to properly use a knife it will be money well spent, enjoy the rest of the summer and enjoy your kids while they are kids because blink your eyes and they will be adults.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if my son comes out of the summer knowing how to properly use a knife it will be money well spent, enjoy the rest of the summer and enjoy your kids while they are kids because blink your eyes and they will be adults.

Use a knife? Are you on Back of the BoyScouts?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Use a knife? Are you on Back of the BoyScouts?

No, but i bet the scout leader is!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who finishes as number 2 this year Express or Blast?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody cares. All top tier teams lost at some point. Go enjoy the beach and don't be too stressed thinking about tryouts, because every team turns over players. Even if your dad/mom that does the team dinner, sigup genies, and does extra training... yes.... your son's spot is up for grabs as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We will certainly get to see who is number ! this weekend when all the best teams get at each other at the NLF. I can't wait to see the Geese, Blast and Channy fight it out. Oh wait, no Geese? Well now we know which team is Number 3, the Chickens, I mean Geese.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We will certainly get to see who is number ! this weekend when all the best teams get at each other at the NLF. I can't wait to see the Geese, Blast and Channy fight it out. Oh wait, no Geese? Well now we know which team is Number 3, the Chickens, I mean Geese.

Geese don't have to chase Express. They beat
them 10 out of 12 times. Sounds like Express
needs to chase the Geese. Have fun playing
the beat up Blastards this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Geese don't have to chase Express. They beat
them 10 out of 12 times. Sounds like Express
needs to chase the Geese. Have fun playing
the beat up Blastards this weekend.

Don't forget about the ducks.oh wait they lost to the knights this weekend. Great job sayville guy.you are a disaster

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen to this cool guy saying have fun playing blastards this weekend. Who are you directing this too. The kids are playing, not the adults. The 10 year old kids on both teams will have a lot of fun. This is the problem with sports today, you have some parents who think they are playing. Hey dad, you drive your son to the field and you pay, that's it. Do you understand. Some people,usually the ones with not much going on in life ,act as if they are the ones actually playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen to this cool guy saying have fun playing blastards this weekend. Who are you directing this too. The kids are playing, not the adults. The 10 year old kids on both teams will have a lot of fun. This is the problem with sports today, you have some parents who think they are playing. Hey dad, you drive your son to the field and you pay, that's it. Do you understand. Some people,usually the ones with not much going on in life ,act as if they are the ones actually playing.

It's hyperbole. However, I will say parents take wins, losses, and "rankings" way to serious. Winning is great and fun for the kids (and families) to celebrate, no doubt. But why agonize and analyze so much over losing or not being coined the best team. I know some of this is forced culture by the clubs, but it's goes overboard sometimes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cluck, cluck, cluck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is why so many other teams are being formed. Because of this craziness

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bunch of low class, low life people talking about 10 year olds and coaches. Get a life! You guys obviously have some vendetta against some of these teams or maybe your just a pervs stalking this site and talking [lacrosse]. Probably a bunch of over weight, fat and bald dad's that never played a sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cluck, cluck, cluck.

Cluck, cluck.

Cluck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finally someone is trying to move to age base
NXT Sports
https://nxtsports.com/blog/entry/nx...to-adopt-us-lacrosse-age-segmentation-p/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
s it possible to successfully make two A teams from one team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT Sports

You actually posted this to every forum!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The better question is why would you. Directors want to put a team out there that can be the best, that leads to move kids at tryouts, which leads to more money in their pockets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Channy is planning to do it. He has 30+ kids and wants to make 2 A teams next season. Teams might practice together but do separate tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When a boys team has over 30 kids on it and your kid doesn't play in the meaningful games the bottom 10 kids really are the top players on the B team. They only have 30 kids on the roster to subsidize charging the top players more $. It sounds harsh but it is the reality of the situation. Your kid would be better off getting playing time on the B team but parent egos can't seem to understand that till it is too late.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT Sports

All well and good.....but I don't see 9U on tryout flyers for teams. Grad year 2026, Grad year 2027.
Let's see if NXT sticks with it if enrollment at their tournaments in the younger years is down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Channy is planning to do it. He has 30+ kids and wants to make 2 A teams next season. Teams might practice together but do separate tournaments.

He's just trying to cash in on his teams success. It's all about money for him and every other club, love it or leave it? There are other choices in youth lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That, in my opinion, will not be successful nor is that model sustainable. Because a lot of parents of the kids that don't make the real A team will try to get their kid get on the team. Because it is a soft way of being cut, sorry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When a boys team has over 30 kids on it and your kid doesn't play in the meaningful games the bottom 10 kids really are the top players on the B team. They only have 30 kids on the roster to subsidize charging the top players more $. It sounds harsh but it is the reality of the situation. Your kid would be better off getting playing time on the B team but parent egos can't seem to understand that till it is too late.

But my son is an A team player. You should see him light up PAL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's just trying to cash in on his teams success. It's all about money for him and every other club, love it or leave it? There are other choices in youth lax.

He's also made the team successful. He's not just cashing in on it. He puts the time in and coaches them up all the time no matter the score.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He's also made the team successful. He's not just cashing in on it. He puts the time in and coaches them up all the time no matter the score.

Yes, true. But now only Team 1 will be "coached up"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amazing how smart people are so stupid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Choo-choo The Train Rolls down the TRAX

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express wins easy over Maddog.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no way those parents who get split to the other team are going to stay. I would Think the strategy is to retain players, not push them to other clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Espresso... Teach your little sons some class. Oh that's right you can't because you don't have any!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Espresso... Teach your little sons some class. Oh that's right you can't because you don't have any!!

See you at the tryouts.

Page 55 of 62 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 61 62

Link Copied to Clipboard