BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,863
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 61 of 78 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 77 78
Re: Boys 2022- 7th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The WSYL require a team to play in two tournaments after the qualifier. How did this Igloo team with Black ice players satisfy this requirement? Lost all respect for this program.

igloo did not play two tournaments with this team. The seven 2021 players played for black ice all season.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The WSYL require a team to play in two tournaments after the qualifier. How did this Igloo team with Black ice players satisfy this requirement? Lost all respect for this program.

Uh, brainiac. Igloo has grade based teams but for this one event Igloo has a WSYL team. They train together all-year (in addition to) the grade based team they are part of...and then they have additional practices for the WYSL age-based team. They do double duty. A lot of lax.

How did they satisfy the requirement? When a weekend was open for all WSYL players to go to a tourney outside their main grade based team, the WSYL team played in tournaments. Is it that hard to understand?

WSYL is an age-based tourney...CHECK THIS OUT, YOU MAY UNDERSTAND.

https://youtu.be/mlv7Bp-L2MM

What other tournaments did the igloo wsyl team play in?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just shut up and play you key board loud mouth

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is not true.

Uh, brainiac. Igloo has grade based teams but for this one event Igloo has a WSYL team. They train together all-year (in addition to) the grade based team they are part of...and then they have additional practices for the WYSL age-based team. They do double duty. A lot of lax.

How did they satisfy the requirement? When a weekend was open for all WSYL players to go to a tourney outside their main grade based team, the WSYL team played in tournaments. Is it that hard to understand?

This is not true. 9d1 and express using their true 2022 team. Igloo stuffed with 2021 players for qualifier only.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I bet somewhere AA is so very very upset that you have lost respect for Igloo. Everyone forgets from time to time that this is a business as well. He put together the best product he could to represent the Igloo brand within the guidelines of the WSYL...oh the shame! Take a quick peek around at the stuff other organizations pull on a regular basis.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And you will all make your donation to tryout for his pre-picked club teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
😂😂😂

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is a joke!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I bet somewhere AA is so very very upset that you have lost respect for Igloo. Everyone forgets from time to time that this is a business as well. He put together the best product he could to represent the Igloo brand within the guidelines of the WSYL...oh the shame! Take a quick peek around at the stuff other organizations pull on a regular basis.

"business", "product", these are kids, you fool. Rules aside, it is wrong in so many ways. Keep justifying it to yourself. Win or lose, it is shameful. Just like what Legacy did last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is not true.

This is not true. 9d1 and express using their true 2022 team. Igloo stuffed with 2021 players for qualifier only.

Right! And express has regulars from other states playing with them all the time and so does 9d1 so stop acting like everyone is so innocent. And let's not forget about kids jumping from one team to another between those two right in the middle of the season.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ANY UPDATES from WSYL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"business", "product", these are kids, you fool. Rules aside, it is wrong in so many ways. Keep justifying it to yourself. Win or lose, it is shameful. Just like what Legacy did last year.

The only people upset by this are people who's kid can't make the team....
The rest of us are excited to be a part of something with some guidelines that make the competition clean and above board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The rest of us are excited to be a part of something with some guidelines that make the competition clean and above board.

Thank you, exactly the point! Igloo's actions were with total disregard for the true team, the players, the families. Igloo first, people whatever. Everybody on the outside knows that the 2022 players that are at the World Series deep down know that their teammates who are missing were left behind and deprived of the experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you referring to the kids that committed to Igloo 2022 and the parents that paid Igloo $3K for the year, only to be excluded from the World Series and denied what some people say is one of the best youth sport experiences? You have a distorted view on the world. Hope your kid is prepared to be on the receiving end of rejection. Trust me, it happens to every human being at some point in life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Games start tmw

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
90d1 has soft schedule at WSYL what a joke..........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL is hardly one of the best youth sport experiences. Hockey, Baseball, are just a few examples of better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you referring to the kids that committed to Igloo 2022 and the parents that paid Igloo $3K for the year, only to be excluded from the World Series and denied what some people say is one of the best youth sport experiences? You have a distorted view on the world. Hope your kid is prepared to be on the receiving end of rejection. Trust me, it happens to every human being at some point in life.

Did they list the world series as a tournament when you signed up? We have dealt with rejection, of course! It's part of the human experience unfortunately. I would never wish it on anyone, it sucks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a business first and foremost...whether I agree with it or not means nothing...just me smart enough to get the big picture

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WSYL is hardly one of the best youth sport experiences. Hockey, Baseball, are just a few examples of better

Okay, go post that on Back Of The Net and Back Of The Plate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you, exactly the point! Igloo's actions were with total disregard for the true team, the players, the families. Igloo first, people whatever. Everybody on the outside knows that the 2022 players that are at the World Series deep down know that their teammates who are missing were left behind and deprived of the experience.

There were loud cheers for every team when introduced tonight. Not igloo. Don't seem to have many fans other then a few parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you've been to them all have you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lie I said. It will be the norm, trust me. They will run these teams in the future as separate teams. Separate tryouts, separate practices and extra fees. And that way there will be no whinning about some kid that is replaced for an younger kid in the grade above. All.good from where I sit. You play win a tourney like this.

That logic is not in the spirit of the games. Teams are supposed to compete, not a group of boys (in the case of Igloo and Legacy, a handful high school-bound players on each) who are recruited to join a middle school team just for one tournament. I imagine that this assembly of boys for both programs did not play in any other games, leagues, tournaments but WSYL. Just put a roster together for one tournament. That is not what the overwhelming majority of participating programs did, rather they chose to compete as the true teams that they are, which is both honorable and respectable.

I disagree, respectfully... I have no problem with a club putting together the best U13 players they can as long as those plans are communicated by the club. i.e. the WSYL team is separate and there will be tryouts for the team. If kids are hand picked and other kids are bumped, that stinks, yes. But make it clear that making the grade based doesn't mean your son is on WSYL team is fine. Trust me, the LI clubs better start now, because this event is growing, they have TV and major corporate sponsors, plus a leadership team that knows what they are doing. It's inevitable that Maryland, Philly, and Boston construct U13 WSYL teams. And going out on limb... but I'll guess those teams will be 'Super Teams'.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lie I said. It will be the norm, trust me. They will run these teams in the future as separate teams. Separate tryouts, separate practices and extra fees. And that way there will be no whinning about some kid that is replaced for an younger kid in the grade above. All.good from where I sit. You play win a tourney like this.

That logic is not in the spirit of the games. Teams are supposed to compete, not a group of boys (in the case of Igloo and Legacy, a handful high school-bound players on each) who are recruited to join a middle school team just for one tournament. I imagine that this assembly of boys for both programs did not play in any other games, leagues, tournaments but WSYL. Just put a roster together for one tournament. That is not what the overwhelming majority of participating programs did, rather they chose to compete as the true teams that they are, which is both honorable and respectable.

I disagree, respectfully... I have no problem with a club putting together the best U13 players they can as long as those plans are communicated by the club. i.e. the WSYL team is separate and there will be tryouts for the team. If kids are hand picked and other kids are bumped, that stinks, yes. But make it clear that making the grade based doesn't mean your son is on WSYL team is fine. Trust me, the LI clubs better start now, because this event is growing, they have TV and major corporate sponsors, plus a leadership team that knows what they are doing. It's inevitable that Maryland, Philly, and Boston construct U13 WSYL teams. And going out on limb... but I'll guess those teams will be 'Super Teams'.

Clubs are starting to forget about the A and B team format and trying to build two balanced teams. Will prevent people from leaving from a B team after tryouts. So if they choose to qualify for WSYL it will be the best 25 kids from that age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks AA!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopefully those future Super teams will comply with the rules and play in 2 other tournaments outside of WSYL. Still no evidence that Igloo's Artic Ice or Black Blast competed in 2 other tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a business first and foremost...whether I agree with it or not means nothing...just me smart enough to get the big picture

You nailed it, its a business. It's all about winning and making money. if they win they attract better players which leads to more wins and in return they get to charge more money. It's cut throat, no loyalty If a better player happens to come along then it s good bye to the last player on the bench just like pro sports. The only difference is the pro teams pay their players, youth lacrosse the parents pay the clubs.
The clubs make money of their merchandise, just like pro teams. The parents become walking billboards for the clubs. The next step is charging parking fees at the tournaments ( the top clubs run most of them), then after that they will be charging admission to the tournaments as well. If you want to see your superstar play you have to pay. The parents will come here to complain but will never say anything to a director. they will keep handing over the money. The clubs will continue to develop new avenues to raise revenue.
You don't have to agree with it but its a business, and its all about the money. The kids are just part of the money machine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody in Denver is beating Igloo. It isn't even close. #1 in the county.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't sleep on the API Diamondbacks. Best Express already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very good for a combined team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have to say... so far it looks like they picked the right 13 yr. olds

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo UNDEFEATED.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI express 25-1 over Virginia team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

U13 tourney, very smart of them. Be great watching them on TV. Hopefully vs another LI Team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Brotherly Love will

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo UNDEFEATED.

Igloo UNDEFEATED.

You must be so proud; black ice lost last year so they will win this year. Lost all respect for that program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo UNDEFEATED.

Igloo UNDEFEATED.

You must be so proud; black ice lost last year so they will win this year. Lost all respect for that program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI express 25-1 over Virginia team

Didn't know JS coaches Express now

A