BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,968
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 67 of 102 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hate to show my ignorance but what does SYAG stand for & where are they from.

I'm sure one of these clowns who follow them can tell you what it stands for, but I do know they are based in the Sachem school district.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Screaming Youth Abusing Guys. From Holbrook, Holtsville, Farmingville, Lake Grove, Lake Ronkonkoma, Ronkonkoma, Nesconset, and Bohemia. Then they have 6 or 7 other players from outside that area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

S= Some
Y= Young
A= Aggressive
G= Girls

with lots of tattoo's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it stands for Someone, You, Anyone please tell people how Good we are and evidently they are from somewhere that believes losing to Igloo twice and tying S2S in a scrimmage somehow translates into instant "put us in the conversation" for top team status - has SYAG Select ever won an A bracket tournament or beaten a top team? Enough already, win something that matters and beat someone when it matters, until then, just a lot of hot air.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it stands for Someone, You, Anyone please tell people how Good we are and evidently they are from somewhere that believes losing to Igloo twice and tying S2S in a scrimmage somehow translates into instant "put us in the conversation" for top team status - has SYAG Select ever won an A bracket tournament or beaten a top team? Enough already, win something that matters and beat someone when it matters, until then, just a lot of hot air.

If S2S is considered one of the top teams and we just tied them, then you do the math. 'Nuff said!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a bunch of bitter, loser lax dads on here!!! Wow!!!
Who pays this much attention to 12 yr olds?? And talks so negatively about them, the team, coaches, parents, etc.
You guys should go grab a beer and some wings and cry it out together that you so badly are living vicariously through your own children, who unfortunately have you as role models.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a bunch of bitter, loser lax dads on here!!! Wow!!!
Who pays this much attention to 12 yr olds?? And talks so negatively about them, the team, coaches, parents, etc.
You guys should go grab a beer and some wings and cry it out together that you so badly are living vicariously through your own children, who unfortunately have you as role models.

People just can't accept that a town team can be competitive with the big travel teams. Well guess what!?!? We can and we are!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your best kids play for the big travel teams and team not all from the same town, stop pretending to be something you're not. I did the match, zero A bracket tournaments won and zero victories against any top teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Non syag parent please stop posting as one and trying to stir the pot. You know who you are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Non syag parent please stop posting as one and trying to stir the pot. You know who you are.

Yeah, sure that's what's happening. Grow up.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Steal your athletes goddamit..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, sure that's what's happening. Grow up.

Hit a nerve did I?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All depends on who is healthy at which tourney: our kids are at the age of injuries that require rest. These kids are out to have fun and make friends, develop their skills under a "good" coach. No college coach cares who you play for or who won which Tournament. Meet new people, have fun under a tent in 90 degree weather, and take in all the time you are spending with your child who "hopefully" loves lacrosse. When you watch the tournament games closely and have a full understanding of the game and its rules, we all know who are the natural athletes. So play for a good coach and a competitive team. Doesn't mean play for the "best" team who wins all of the tournaments. All the best to the players and coaches this Tourney season. Stay cool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, very interesting observations about this scrimmage.
Both teams played great, showed off some very talented players.
I observed all players playing and coaches from both teams were instructing the players on field.

The scrimmage ended in a tie if I counted the score correctly. Both teams had great plays and mistakes. The takeaway here is learning what the negatives were and working them out while improving on positive play. I think it would be anyone game if these two teams were to compete in a tournament.

However, for now I am giving the advantage to S2S given they have more experience and a travel organization behind them.

SYAG just tied S2S. Time to revisit the top team list. SYAG has to be in the conversation.

1). It was a scrimmage and S2S was playing everyone equally
2). S2S was missing 4 kids including faceoff kid.

Only two guys took that seriously, and they acted like it was a national championship. But good try, SYAG lunatic coaches.

S2S had those exact same excuse at their last scrimmage against Outlaws and Warriors. Almost word for word as the last post after those scrimmages.

A lot of people will make excuses after they play our boys. We told you that we were going to shock some people.

Shock???!!! You run a zone D. people would be "shocked" if you could run with the better teams, not just slow them down.

Wait, what coach has 11 & 12 year olds playing a zone???? That's ridiculous. There is a time and a place for a zone defense, and it's not in youth lacrosse. I'm a defensive coach for my district's varsity team and a former collegiate pole. A zone defense should be used to supplement your regular defense when you encounter matchup issues. You should never run a zone at the youth level. It teaches the boys nothing and doesn't prepare them for the game at an advanced level. Generally, zone defenses are employed by coaches that don't understand the game. It's very easy to employ; however, it should only be used AFTER boys have learned the full intracies of a man defense. And no 11, 12, 13 or 14 year old has yet. Honestly, if your coach has never played the game, your team is going to have a hard time transitioning to the next level. You'll more likely find that the team will plateau and no matter how much you practice your team won't improve.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shock???!!! You run a zone D. people would be "shocked" if you could run with the better teams, not just slow them down.

Wait, what coach has 11 & 12 year olds playing a zone???? That's ridiculous. There is a time and a place for a zone defense, and it's not in youth lacrosse. I'm a defensive coach for my district's varsity team and a former collegiate pole. A zone defense should be used to supplement your regular defense when you encounter matchup issues. You should never run a zone at the youth level. It teaches the boys nothing and doesn't prepare them for the game at an advanced level. Generally, zone defenses are employed by coaches that don't understand the game. It's very easy to employ; however, it should only be used AFTER boys have learned the full intracies of a man defense. And no 11, 12, 13 or 14 year old has yet. Honestly, if your coach has never played the game, your team is going to have a hard time transitioning to the next level. You'll more likely find that the team will plateau and no matter how much you practice your team won't improve.

Agreed. Youth is about learning how to play the game correctly. Playing a zone at this age is playing to win instead of learning the game. That'll get old really quickly as teams/coaching gets better and their zone is exposed. Then they switch to man and get smoked because the kids can't play. Generally a youth team plays a zone because its lacks athletes at the position or the coach figures its the easiest thing to teach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what goes on this website but just perusing through and see that this syag team has consumed numerous pages of the recent threads...not sure who they are but they seem to be wreaking havoc and pissing people off for some reason...are there any other topics besides this supposed controversial team? I don't have a kid in this age group as my kids are little older but to be bashing people-coaches-children-philosophies is some petty stuff. What has happened to respecting one another - offering helpful advice? if this is how parents act, their children are most likely going to follow suit - not a good look for our future....are there any other topics worth mentioning? The Travel season is about to kick-off next weekend there has to be some chatter about the top contenders in this age bracket - no? Who are the teams to beat?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what goes on this website but just perusing through and see that this syag team has consumed numerous pages of the recent threads...not sure who they are but they seem to be wreaking havoc and pissing people off for some reason...are there any other topics besides this supposed controversial team? I don't have a kid in this age group as my kids are little older but to be bashing people-coaches-children-philosophies is some petty stuff. What has happened to respecting one another - offering helpful advice? if this is how parents act, their children are most likely going to follow suit - not a good look for our future....are there any other topics worth mentioning? The Travel season is about to kick-off next weekend there has to be some chatter about the top contenders in this age bracket - no? Who are the teams to beat?

If you don't have a kid in this age group then set up a post for the over 60 age group. You sound creepy. Do you creep tournaments also?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYAG is obviously the team to beat. Didn't you hear?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. Youth is about learning how to play the game correctly. Playing a zone at this age is playing to win instead of learning the game. That'll get old really quickly as teams/coaching gets better and their zone is exposed. Then they switch to man and get smoked because the kids can't play. Generally a youth team plays a zone because its lacks athletes at the position or the coach figures its the easiest thing to teach.

Are people on here criticizing strategy? That's the problem in this sport plenty of old school/dated methods most likely not yielding much success - just because you were taught something 10-20 years ago doesn't mean that's the best way today - things change with time and for the better as people get smarter....to each's own....doesn't the #1 team in this age group run a zone? and run it well? They go by the name of the Bandits and anytime we've played them they ran a zone D....not to compare as I've never heard of this other team but to post opinion based comments is absurd and disrespectful. Plenty of nameless experts on this site...does anyone on here show their children what they post or even why they post? Most likely not...if so - what's the reaction? Can't be good....I think everyone is forgetting what this is all about - the KIDS. As adults we can do and say what we want but don't lose focus of the fact that's it's not about us - anymore. We had our time...leave them be and let them have fun in whatever they're being taught...opinions are perspectives - neither right or wrong but to express it in disrespectful manner - not ok.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you don't have a kid in this age group then set up a post for the over 60 age group. You sound creepy. Do you creep tournaments also?

I have one son in 2022, and one in 2021 age group...was just reading through the threads but the level of disrespect on this thread is telling to the quality of parenting that goes on...I wish you and whomever you call family well - I'm sure they can't stand you but that's for another conversation...your true colors shine through your posts (dark and gloomy)...Enjoy the misery of the 23' forum...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are people on here criticizing strategy? That's the problem in this sport plenty of old school/dated methods most likely not yielding much success - just because you were taught something 10-20 years ago doesn't mean that's the best way today - things change with time and for the better as people get smarter....to each's own....doesn't the #1 team in this age group run a zone? and run it well? They go by the name of the Bandits and anytime we've played them they ran a zone D....not to compare as I've never heard of this other team but to post opinion based comments is absurd and disrespectful. Plenty of nameless experts on this site...does anyone on here show their children what they post or even why they post? Most likely not...if so - what's the reaction? Can't be good....I think everyone is forgetting what this is all about - the KIDS. As adults we can do and say what we want but don't lose focus of the fact that's it's not about us - anymore. We had our time...leave them be and let them have fun in whatever they're being taught...opinions are perspectives - neither right or wrong but to express it in disrespectful manner - not ok.

Many of Bandits defenders are midfielders who changed positions to be on the team. They are fast, have great stick skills and learned how to play man-to-man as a middie. I'm not sure your point is altogether relevant, but thanks a lot for contributing to the negativity that you loquaciously lament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's playing in JDRF this year? What tournaments is everybody doing to start the season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many of Bandits defenders are midfielders who changed positions to be on the team. They are fast, have great stick skills and learned how to play man-to-man as a middie. I'm not sure your point is altogether relevant, but thanks a lot for contributing to the negativity that you loquaciously lament.

Then what's the excuse with their Attack? Were they prior goalies?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taking the Bandits out of the equation, any top team can beat any top team any day. If you care to label as A or B then that's up to you.

Bandits - Class of their own

Express HB
Igloo
91 Warriors
S2S

Outlaws
Legacy
Empire
True Blue

All others

I would put Recon in that 2nd group.

Taking the Bandits out of the equation, any top
team can beat any top team any day. If you care to label as A or B then that's up to you.

Express HB
Igloo
91 Warriors
S2S

Outlaws
Legacy
Empire
True Blue

All others

Legacy should be in top tier

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have one son in 2022, and one in 2021 age group...was just reading through the threads but the level of disrespect on this thread is telling to the quality of parenting that goes on...I wish you and whomever you call family well - I'm sure they can't stand you but that's for another conversation...your true colors shine through your posts (dark and gloomy)...Enjoy the misery of the 23' forum...

Get off your high horse, you big wimpy loser! Your kids must be very soft.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taking the Bandits out of the equation, any top team can beat any top team any day. If you care to label as A or B then that's up to you.

Express HB
Igloo
91 Warriors
S2S

Outlaws
Legacy
Empire
True Blue

All others

Taking the Bandits out of the equation, any top
team can beat any top team any day. If you care to label as A or B then that's up to you.

Express HB
Igloo
91 Warriors
S2S

Outlaws
Legacy
Empire
True Blue

All others

Legacy should be in top tier

Not by what I saw happen at Blatant. BM's days are long gone. I'd put Leg-a-sea in the "C" group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this the same SYAG team that fired their Defensive Coach a few weeks into the season? The only coach on the staff who actually played the sport? Now they have the dad whose claim to fame is Team Videographer calling the shots. They are good...but they are a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this the same SYAG team that fired their Defensive Coach a few weeks into the season? The only coach on the staff who actually played the sport? Now they have the dad whose claim to fame is Team Videographer calling the shots. They are good...but they are a joke.

This is a wolf in sheeps clothing. Enought already please!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYAG and South Shore Thunder are similar in that 90% of the team play on a separate travel teams during the summer. The kids and parents are friends so they put together a team to play in some tournaments. SYAG is not a town team and shouldn't portray themselves to be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYAG is not as good as they think they are, my sons town travel team played them last in a tournament and beat them. It was a close game we won by either 1 or 2 goals but we are made up of one town not 5 or 6. SYAG also deserves the rep they have the coach and I believe 1 or 2 fathers were thrown out #trash

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYAG is not as good as they think they are, my sons town travel team played them last in a tournament and beat them. It was a close game we won by either 1 or 2 goals but we are made up of one town not 5 or 6. SYAG also deserves the rep they have the coach and I believe 1 or 2 fathers were thrown out #trash

do me a favor and if you are going throw blatant lies on here, post your name.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, because less than truthful items being posted on the BOTC hardly ever happens. Good luck in pushing an idea that seems completely counter to the status quo . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, because less than truthful items being posted on the BOTC hardly ever happens. Good luck in pushing an idea that seems completely counter to the status quo . . .

Please- please - please stop with this SYAG team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a blatant lie It happened last year at the Sachem Shootout

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ohhhh you must be a classy pequa parent or coach who cheered when our middie got cross checked in the throat?? And the coach defended his player??? #trash
Oh and keep holding on to that win....won't happen again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SYAG and South Shore Thunder are similar in that 90% of the team play on a separate travel teams during the summer. The kids and parents are friends so they put together a team to play in some tournaments. SYAG is not a town team and shouldn't portray themselves to be.

You're exactly right, and there's nothing wrong with that. A few tournaments to keep the kids playing is not a bad thing. I also agree that they should change the name to a non-town name. It will at least quiet the dorks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ohhhh you must be a classy pequa parent or coach who cheered when our middie got cross checked in the throat?? And the coach defended his player??? #trash
Oh and keep holding on to that win....won't happen again.

Not a lie though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shut the "F" up SYAG annoying mom!!! Nobody cares about your team, and you are sooooo annoying. Let other people discuss lacrosse other than SYAG.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shut the "F" up SYAG annoying mom!!! Nobody cares about your team, and you are sooooo annoying. Let other people discuss lacrosse other than SYAG.

Another anonymous poster who has big balls when hiding behind a keyboard

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could not agree more, not a town team and they got beat by a legit town team. Real season is upon us, all their better players now with their respective club teams, you had your 3 weeks of headlines, time to move on.

Page 67 of 102 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard