BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 61 of 268 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 267 268
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by America's Game
The issue at hand is that the players are the ones being punished. Regardless if you think they were going to win or lose, players who did nothing wrong are being punished for the actions of the administration,parents, and player. Win as a team lose as a team. I agree with this 100%. Yet this type of infraction is one that has been made by the coach and administration of the school. The blame lays on them and not the players on the team who did nothing wrong. To say that they (the program) should be punished next year, in my opinion is too harsh a penalty because the ones being impacted (the players) had nothing to do with the infraction. This is not like banning a college team from playoffs or games where millions of dollars of TV contracts and bonuses are at stake for the school. The kids play the game because they love it. In the end the ones losing out are the ones who really put everything into a season and wanted one last chance to play Chaminade. Both programs lost out here.

100% - great post.
league officials (rules or not), failed to apply any sense of logic... Who in the world punishes kids for adults failures??
Horrible job by The League, St Anthony's, Chaminade AD, HS sports writers (Newsday and News12 - complete jokes) failing to stand up, and hold those responsible accountable... opposed to the kids looking to Compete in the final game of their HS career...

So basically, the league should have suspended the rules so the game could be played. Use that logic with all rules, hey I stole because I needed the money! Doesn't work, rules are black and white, not gray. The coaches at St. A did what was right. The league did what was right. Hopefully this never happens again. Case is closed.

I am sorry but the 1st post is spot on. The admin and coaches are the ones to blame not all the kids. Who really was punished in this situation? The players who did nothing wrong, that's who. These are kids playing for the love of the game. Not for money. Game should have been played as a scrimmage.

The program was punished, the boys are part of the program. It is unfortunate, but the rules are the rules. You cannot bend them to suit your will. What if one of the boys had committed some heinous crime? Do you punish the team? The coach? Who, where is the line drawn? It is a bum deal for sure, but that is that. The media has no responsibility to make a stand for the team, they have a responsibility for reporting the news.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true that WM starting goalie is out with a concussion ?

That could prove to make for an interesting game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I read one more word about the irrelevant Catholic school drama, I'm going to throw up! Can we please get back to real Lax? Some big games today!

I've got:

Hills East by 2
Smithtown East by 4
Smithtown West by 3
WM by 5

I see the WM closer than that. It will come down to the faceoffs and the goalies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Southside upsets Wantagh with as horrible offside call in addition to the horrendous coaching of Wantagh HyE352not being to make adjustments

Wantagh has been a huge disappointment. The coaching staff needs to go. They have had so much talent over the last 5-6 years and do well in spite of the horrible head coach. He can never coach a win in a big game. Don't know why the school keeps him around. Being a district gym teacher does not make you a coach. So bad!!!

The talent is not there for Wantagh this year. They have not won a game against any of the top teams. Lost to Hewlett, Garden City, Manhassett. Coaching is always the way the parents blame a lost. Team is just not good this year.

Wantagh didn't play anyone! When they did they lost. They almost lost against Seaford. How can you say it coaching?

Your comment means it is all the players fault? Are the coaches held responsible in this scenario as well? Are you saying they have no talent but the coaching got them past Seaford!?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Southside upsets Wantagh with as horrible offside call in addition to the horrendous coaching of Wantagh HyE352not being to make adjustments

Wantagh has been a huge disappointment. The coaching staff needs to go. They have had so much talent over the last 5-6 years and do well in spite of the horrible head coach. He can never coach a win in a big game. Don't know why the school keeps him around. Being a district gym teacher does not make you a coach. So bad!!!

The talent is not there for Wantagh this year. They have not won a game against any of the top teams. Lost to Hewlett, Garden City, Manhassett. Coaching is always the way the parents blame a lost. Team is just not good this year.

Actually they have some talent and I agree you cannot blame everything on the coaching staff but one county title back in 2001 is old and stale and they have had some tremendous talent over the years. They were up 7 - 5 with about 6 minutes left and lost. When they went up 7 - 5 wouldn't you tell you very good faceoff kid, no matter what win the draw and lets settle on offense. The kid won draw and went to cage, stripped from behind, back the other way and wham 7 - 6 game. There never seems to be a game plan and that always leads to turnovers. Time to make a change IMO

They have had a lot of talent in the past. This year they have not beating an above average team this season. Very easy schedule in a weak division. Cant blame coaches. As far as the past county titles they cant get past GC!

Again, by beating bad teams and losing to better teams is not only a reflection of the players on the field, the coaches need to take some responsibility as well. They cannot get past GC because GC in my opinion is a well coached team that has a system that you had better buy into if you want to get on the field. It is a two way street...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Original poster clearly stated repeating in high school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I read one more word about the irrelevant Catholic school drama, I'm going to throw up! Can we please get back to real Lax? Some big games today!

I've got:

Hills East by 2
Smithtown East by 4
Smithtown West by 3
WM by 5

I like West islip over Smithtown West.

I dont mind hearing about the Catholic school stuff many of our sons friends are impacted. I think it was handled wrong, league should have immediately suspended player, let the team play then strip them of all wins.

I liked two other posts, if correct Manhasset and Nisky are undefeated!!!

Another "rules don't matter" person - SMH!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Original poster clearly stated repeating in high school

Sooo, if its one BOTC its factual?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and please define upset..SSHS was a #5 they WHS were a #4..every game these 2 teams play is close..and by horrible call do you mean the actually counted how many WHS players were across midfield making them offsides? but at least the WHS fans handled it classy..not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Southside upsets Wantagh with as horrible offside call in addition to the horrendous coaching of Wantagh HyE352not being to make adjustments

Actually they have some talent and I agree you cannot blame everything on the coaching staff but one county title back in 2001 is old and stale and they have had some tremendous talent over the years. They were up 7 - 5 with about 6 minutes left and lost. When they went up 7 - 5 wouldn't you tell you very good faceoff kid, no matter what win the draw and lets settle on offense. The kid won draw and went to cage, stripped from behind, back the other way and wham 7 - 6 game. There never seems to be a game plan and that always leads to turnovers. Time to make a change IMO

They have had a lot of talent in the past. This year they have not beating an above average team this season. Very easy schedule in a weak division. Cant blame coaches. As far as the past county titles they cant get past GC!

Again, by beating bad teams and losing to better teams is not only a reflection of the players on the field, the coaches need to take some responsibility as well. They cannot get past GC because GC in my opinion is a well coached team that has a system that you had better buy into if you want to get on the field. It is a two way

Until they get new coaching they never will win the big game. GC Manhasset or any other team with good coaching. Changes long overdue there.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've got:

Hills East by 2
Smithtown East by 4
Smithtown West by 3
WM by 5

I see the WM closer than that. It will come down to the faceoffs and the goalies.

What are you the self appointed lax guru of high school lacrosse, nobody cares about your predictions

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh kids need to buy in, stop being me first players. Sorry but a coaching change is not going to fix the attitude problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The number of kids repeating grades is high school is relativity low
But many of them are only repeating grade for athletics
Shame on the parents and administion who turn a blind eye to it

I think you are mistaken on this point, if you look nationally across all sports, i think you will find that many kids are held back, it may happen prior Middle School but it does happen. If a graduate is 18 at graduation, chances are, they are held back at some point in their schooling.

incorrect - lots of kids born in November and all kids born in December, January, February, March, April, May and June (if birthday is before graduation date) will be 18 at Graduation

my son was born in March will be 17 when he graduates. so you held your child back from kindergarten.

That is just not correct. March on grade kid would be 18 at graduation. Your son must be very smart to be so far ahead of his peers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is just trying to start an adult conversation about games. clearly post was not meant for a 2 year old like you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've got:

Hills East by 2
Smithtown East by 4
Smithtown West by 3
WM by 5

What are you the self appointed lax guru of high school lacrosse, nobody cares about your predictions

What are you, the [lacrosse] of botc? You shouldn't be on here if you don't want to discuss the upcoming games. Plenty of people care. County and State Championships are on the line.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe South Side just beat Wantagh?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously you are not from Wantagh and know the inner working of the team for the past 10 years like I do. There is No game planning with film like every other top team in the county. There is No scouting of up coming opponents. There are no adjustments to the styles that your opponents play. They haven't ran a offense with motion and off ball movement for years, if they don't have the Stud player which they had a few the offense is stagnet. That has nothing to do with the talent of players. it has to do with the Coaching staffs commitment and willingness to prepare to be the best. Granted over the years their has been some selfish play and attitude issues with players but it was acceptable behavior in the mind of the coaching staff with No consequences Discipline starts with coaching at every level of play therefore it the coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've got:

Hills East by 2
Smithtown East by 4
Smithtown West by 3
WM by 5

I dont mind hearing about the Catholic school stuff many of our sons friends are impacted. I think it was handled wrong, league should have immediately suspended player, let the team play then strip them of all wins.

No not another rules dont matter person, just the opposite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weather a factor today yes they both play in it but not everyone reacts the same to it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can the kids buy in to a broken system. Wantagh gets out coached every year. Is it the kids every single year? The kids change yet the result is always the same. The coach is the only constant. Alot of those same kids play football and baseball. Why would they buy in there but not into lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone explain why the SJB JV team didn't play their playoff game? Didn't they come in forth and weren't they supposed to play ST.Anthony's?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've got:

Hills East by 2
Smithtown East by 4
Smithtown West by 3
WM by 5

How can you say you are a rules matter person when you say they should have NOT done what the rules clearly called for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can the kids buy in to a broken system. Wantagh gets out coached every year. Is it the kids every single year? The kids change yet the result is always the same. The coach is the only constant. Alot of those same kids play football and baseball. Why would they buy in there but not into lax.

It's the kids, they are not a team, they are individuals wearing the same uniform.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone explain why the SJB JV team didn't play their playoff game? Didn't they come in forth and weren't they supposed to play ST.Anthony's?

Not sure JV goes to a 4th place. TMK, it has always been 2nd plays 3rd, winner then plays 1st seed (who gets a bye). Also not sure how many teams make up the CHSAA JV division, but who cares right its JV. Is it true they'll be moving up a sophomore at Chaminade? is it the ole rumor mill? or is it a DOB thing and where there's smoke there's fire?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why yes SSHS did win 8-7, it says so in Newsday article. However, what the article omitted was the classy behavior of the WHS fans dreaming and cursing at refs and opposing fans when the game ended.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously there are many dysfunctional programs on the Island. Both in Catholic and Public schools. Coaching seems to be the topic of discussion as teams seasons come to an end. Most feel their teams have under achieved and the reason is poor coaching. Many come on here to air out their issues. Some name their program others just speak their mind. I have read a few comments like why don't you speak to your coach or why air it out here. This is just my opinion but I think a lot of these people have spoken to their coaches or fear the consequences That the coach might take out on their child.

More often than not the coaches feel they are doing a great job. That they can not see the error in the way they are coaching. Some coaches just lack knowledge, some lack character and as a result they do a poor job coaching. There are also those coaches who fail to evolve with the game. Things they were doing 10 years ago that worked now dont. Their player selection isn't based on who's the better player or developing a player. They play favorites to certain families and or friends and even clubs. Programs see it all the time. When their team plays a well coached program they are exposed as weak yet they fail to realize it. I think this is where parents and booster clubs need to intervene. Speak up as a united front. You support the program. Pay for training, indoor practices, equipment, extra coaches. You have every right to speak to the coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the game in the stands and I am a SSHS parent. I was unaware of any improper behavior by Wantagh parents/fans. Great game. The boys on both teams played hard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's the kids, they are not a team, they are individuals wearing the same uniform.

Sorry to say but a good coach can make individuals play like a team. If a player doesn't want to or won't follow the directions the coach sets out they sit. When a certain play is called for and the player doesn't run it they sit. And you create that culture from the very 1st day-of 'practice Coaches don't realize that the players are kids and they will bend the rules as much as they can until they are reprimanded If a coach does not realize that the kids watch everything he does from how and when he comes to practice does he come early does he leave early or does he leave late so many things play into the way the players respect you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously you are not from Wantagh and know the inner working of the team for the past 10 years like I do. There is No game planning with film like every other top team in the county. There is No scouting of up coming opponents. There are no adjustments to the styles that your opponents play. They haven't ran a offense with motion and off ball movement for years, if they don't have the Stud player which they had a few the offense is stagnet. That has nothing to do with the talent of players. it has to do with the Coaching staffs commitment and willingness to prepare to be the best. Granted over the years their has been some selfish play and attitude issues with players but it was acceptable behavior in the mind of the coaching staff with No consequences Discipline starts with coaching at every level of play therefore it the coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Note to BOTC, you win some you lose some. The coaches and refs aren't to blame. Sometimes your sons team was just not good enough. But that's sports, there is always a loser and a winner. It's okay. That's why there are high school sports, to teach them teamwork, spirit and to handle adversity. It's good for them. So don't be sad, and don't blame the coach or the referee, just tell your boy he did great!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And who is to blame? It starts with the coach. The seasons outcome relies on what this coach gets from the JV. Wantagh has a do nothing coach that divides the kids into those that can do no right and those that can do no wrong. I guess 16 years without a big win is always the kids fault year after year. If the kids are not a team who do you blame? The kids? It's the coaches job to get the kids to buy in. Not happening here. Just a teacher with a side job. Nothing more. He should step aside and give the kids a chance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Note to BOTC, you win some you lose some. The coaches and refs aren't to blame. Sometimes your sons team was just not good enough. But that's sports, there is always a loser and a winner. It's okay. That's why there are high school sports, to teach them teamwork, spirit and to handle adversity. It's good for them. So don't be sad, and don't blame the coach or the referee, just tell your boy he did great!

A bad coach can 100% influence on the outcome of a game. Poor substitutions, poor player management, poor preparation and a poor work ethic that the coach brings to the team. Late to practice, first to leave practice. Just like a good coach can also influence the outcome of a game in his teams favor. Just replace poor with great in the previous sentences. Coach comes early, leaves late and is prepared everyday. Coaching is more than just putting players on the field. It's about preparation, practices that are well planned and intense like game situations. You play like you practice and if you don't practice with intensity you will play the same way. When you play an opponent that is just as equally skilled as your team the coaching and preparation makes all the difference. Thats why good coaches are in such high demand. Many are not aware of what it takes to have a successful lacrosse program on Long Island. Look at Chaminade with the talent that they have and all the D1 and top D3 commits they have I am surprised they lose a game. Yet a well coach team with 10 good players can beat a horribly coached team with 10 great players any day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've got:

Hills East by 2
Smithtown East by 4
Smithtown West by 3
WM by 5

How can you say you are a rules matter person when you say they should have NOT done what the rules clearly called for?

Great games today, seems to have gone as expected. Predictions for next round?

I have the Smithtowns in overtime, and West winning. This is only if West dominates F/O like they did first game.

WM over Hills by 2, but if Hills can limit mistakes, they could win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And who is to blame? It starts with the coach. The seasons outcome relies on what this coach gets from the JV. Wantagh has a do nothing coach that divides the kids into those that can do no right and those that can do no wrong. I guess 16 years without a big win is always the kids fault year after year. If the kids are not a team who do you blame? The kids? It's the coaches job to get the kids to buy in. Not happening here. Just a teacher with a side job. Nothing more. He should step aside and give the kids a chance.

No senior leadership, no off season workouts, no communication between upperclassmen and the boys coming up. It's the players, they have no cohesion, that's not on the coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You will always blame the coach, can't be your kid, he's willing to put the time in, except he doesn't, and the dedication and desire aren't there, and that's on the kids, but to admit that hurts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are 100% correct there is always a winner and a loser. The issue at hand is when a coaches decision making actually has negativel influences on a games outcome. If a game is well played and well coached it's really pretty to watch. As a fan of the game you walk away thinking how great that particular game was and that both teams played well. Most teams fail to achieve their potential due to poor coaching. Players make mistakes and that's fine it's part of sports. Yet if there is no plan that the coach wants the players to execute, who's fault is it when the team plays poorly? I would say the coaches. Even teams that dont have a talent pool to draw from when well coached look some what decent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the game in the stands and I am a SSHS parent. I was unaware of any improper behavior by Wantagh parents/fans. Great game. The boys on both teams played hard.

That is correct and thank you for the response. Of course there were some upset fans considering the offsides was called at least 5 seconds after Wantagh tied the score with 4 seconds remaining in the game. I personally have never seen a call so late. The whole team had already rushed downfield to celebrate. I live in Wantagh and have no kids on the team but kudos to both teams on a good game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop crying you lost! Your team is not that good. You can lose every year and it not be the coaches fault. You need players to play together and have right mix of talent and Wantagh doesn't have it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wantagh didn't play anyone! When they did they lost. They almost lost against Seaford. How can you say it coaching?

Your comment means it is all the players fault? Are the coaches held responsible in this scenario as well? Are you saying they have no talent but the coaching got them past Seaford!?

obviously there is some talent on Wantagh. but you are making it sound as if the coaches are losing the game. you sound silly. You lost to South Side. No disrespect but they are just an average team as is Seaford. These teams have not beaten anyone either. If you were as talented as you think then you would have easily beat them on talent alone and moved on to the next round. You didn't lose in the final against a top team????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No senior leadership, no off season workouts, no communication between upperclassmen and the boys coming up. It's the players, they have no cohesion, that's not on the coach

A lot of very big ego's on this team & that is the parents fault not the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
Page 61 of 268 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 267 268
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard