BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 62 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 61 62
Re: Boys 2025- 4th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are two, a fired, former HS coach from WI now dad coaching at leg a see B and the current WI Lions dad coach now at 91 who people say is looking to go to leg a see A. These two have blown up the WI program with their petty squabbles and every team they get into has too much turmoil. Avoid both at all cost.

didn't one of them play at Maryland?

Attended for a few minutes. Playing time? I think not!

Wait a minute but he tells everyone he played at Maryland?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sayville coach is the 2025 Ducks A team coach. He's pretty over the top at PAL games. Can't imagine him at a travel tournament.

Sayville coach is actually a good coach & no my son doesn't not play on either of his teams. He may be a little over the top @ pal games ( I haven't seen him coach pal). But as far as a coach goes he knows what he is doing. I know kids that have been coached by him since 2nd grade & they have gotten progressively better as a result of his coaching.

That guy BJ (fitting) is one reason why Blast is behind other 91 teams. Spent the whole year with 91 in 2015 fighting with his co-coach NH as they both favored their own kids. Lost to Geese and SYAG due to horrible coaching. Then when the season ended he ran off without even a good bye to the kids. He is a absolutely a gutless, selfish, loudmouth worm. And fittingly his Ducks team's are horrible.

Blast is behind all of the other 91 teams because the other teams have more talented players. It's no mystery. The fact that Blast gets blown out be 2024 C teams and town teams is all the proof you need. This grade level must have a bunch of soccer or hockey players because we're lacking any big time stud lax players (by stud I mean a game changing player). Plenty of decent role players on Blast, but not a single great, or even exceptional, player. Not a single player capable of taking them to the next level. They will always be competitive on the grade level because 91 get's most of the top players, but they will be average amongst 4-5 teams in two years.

[/quote]

Blast has at least 3-4 good to exceptional players that could play up. FO kid and goalie would have no trouble. FO kid is a big boy. GK size doesn't matter, only speed and ability. There are a few more I think that stand out but it is hard to tell all the orange helmets apart. Small attackman was creative but might get smacked around too much by older kids. And a defenseman that looked good, quick and aggressive. Tthey have a few but thats not enough to offset the rest of the team, with some players below average and the rest being average or slightly above. All said, a solid FO and GK will keep a team in the W column with everything else being equal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They won like 17 out of 18 box games, about 5 games against 2024 teams. In 2 years on grade level, I'd say about 50 wins and 3 loses total. So if they are only average, I guess everybody else must be below average.

So your only losses were against town teams on grade level? Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

That says a ton about the overall quality of 2025. Do you think that kids from the historically strong lacrosse towns are foregoing the travel craziness and just playing town and developing quality programs from the youth level? That seems like a distinct possibility. I can't think of any other reason for such a lackluster class. If that's the case, it's fantastic! Maybe this will realease the stranglehold the travel clubs have on our wallets!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sayville coach is the 2025 Ducks A team coach. He's pretty over the top at PAL games. Can't imagine him at a travel tournament.

Sayville coach is actually a good coach & no my son doesn't not play on either of his teams. He may be a little over the top @ pal games ( I haven't seen him coach pal). But as far as a coach goes he knows what he is doing. I know kids that have been coached by him since 2nd grade & they have gotten progressively better as a result of his coaching.

That guy BJ (fitting) is one reason why Blast is behind other 91 teams. Spent the whole year with 91 in 2015 fighting with his co-coach NH as they both favored their own kids. Lost to Geese and SYAG due to horrible coaching. Then when the season ended he ran off without even a good bye to the kids. He is a absolutely a gutless, selfish, loudmouth worm. And fittingly his Ducks team's are horrible.

Blast is behind all of the other 91 teams because the other teams have more talented players. It's no mystery. The fact that Blast gets blown out be 2024 C teams and town teams is all the proof you need. This grade level must have a bunch of soccer or hockey players because we're lacking any big time stud lax players (by stud I mean a game changing player). Plenty of decent role players on Blast, but not a single great, or even exceptional, player. Not a single player capable of taking them to the next level. They will always be competitive on the grade level because 91 get's most of the top players, but they will be average amongst 4-5 teams in two years.

Blast has at least 3-4 good to exceptional players that could play up. FO kid and goalie would have no trouble. FO kid is a big boy. GK size doesn't matter, only speed and ability. There are a few more I think that stand out but it is hard to tell all the orange helmets apart. Small attackman was creative but might get smacked around too much by older kids. And a defenseman that looked good, quick and aggressive. Tthey have a few but thats not enough to offset the rest of the team, with some players below average and the rest being average or slightly above. All said, a solid FO and GK will keep a team in the W column with everything else being equal. [/quote]

Agrred, a faceoff kid and goalie will win you a ton of games. That kid is not just good at the X, he's also the best midfielder by a lot. Also, the goalie is very good. Probably the best in the age group (not sure how much longer she'll play with the boys though). Speed is far more important than size at the attack position, so right attack is set. One good pole can neutralize the opposing team's best player, so again, solid there. However, what sets this team apart from the older 91 teams (and dominant Express, Legs, Igloo, etc..) is that they had very strong players at every position. One strong midfielder will not win games long term.

Give them credit where it's due, they are better than most of the 2025s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For an average team, they certainly get discussed a lot.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be great on grade level the team needs to be 55 and 0. In my book 52 and 3 is just average. Lol that goes for high school, college and pros too. Cubs didn't go 180 and 0 , last year when they won the World Series. Average. Patriots lost 2 games before winning super bowl.Average. NCAA basketball ,Tar Heels win title, not undefeated. Average. Lol. Funny stuff.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My high school guidance counselor told me I'd never amount to anything. Unfortunately he was right. But perhaps some of these 10 year olds prove the BOTC experts wrong!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best goalie in 2025 is a girl. That cracks me up. Down year is right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be great on grade level the team needs to be 55 and 0. In my book 52 and 3 is just average. Lol that goes for high school, college and pros too. Cubs didn't go 180 and 0 , last year when they won the World Series. Average. Patriots lost 2 games before winning super bowl.Average. NCAA basketball ,Tar Heels win title, not undefeated. Average. Lol. Funny stuff.

Most true Long Island A teams, on any grade level, will only lose a few games in any given year. Many will lose none. The top 3 in each age group will lose 2-3. And this includes older, more dominant grade levels. Excuse me if I'm not impressed with a team that beats up on substantially weaker opponents. To be clear though, you are right. To be considered dominant, at team needs to be 55 and 0 (including playing up).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most true Long Island A teams, on any grade level, will only lose a few games in any given year. Many will lose none. The top 3 in each age group will lose 2-3. And this includes older, more dominant grade levels. Excuse me if I'm not impressed with a team that beats up on substantially weaker opponents. To be clear though, you are right. To be considered dominant, at team needs to be 55 and 0 (including playing up).

That's funny s*^t

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She is no way the best goalie have you seen her
without a solid defense, she is a mess!! R

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blast has at least 3-4 good to exceptional players that could play up. FO kid and goalie would have no trouble. FO kid is a big boy. GK size doesn't matter, only speed and ability. There are a few more I think that stand out but it is hard to tell all the orange helmets apart. Small attackman was creative but might get smacked around too much by older kids. And a defenseman that looked good, quick and aggressive. Tthey have a few but thats not enough to offset the rest of the team, with some players below average and the rest being average or slightly above. All said, a solid FO and GK will keep a team in the W column with everything else being equal.

Agrred, a faceoff kid and goalie will win you a ton of games. That kid is not just good at the X, he's also the best midfielder by a lot. Also, the goalie is very good. Probably the best in the age group (not sure how much longer she'll play with the boys though). Speed is far more important than size at the attack position, so right attack is set. One good pole can neutralize the opposing team's best player, so again, solid there. However, what sets this team apart from the older 91 teams (and dominant Express, Legs, Igloo, etc..) is that they had very strong players at every position. One strong midfielder will not win games long term.

[/quote]
FO kid is not that good and is very slow.alot of better kids out there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best goalie in 2025 is a girl. That cracks me up. Down year is right.

You obviously haven't seen her play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Either is that goalie! She is nothing without a solid defense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have seen her play, she has her moments like many goalies. She certainly is not special I think what everyone sees is that she is a girl and that's what stands out!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She is the best goalie on the best 2025 team. Get over and face it. Nine D 1 does it again boys.. They put the best team and best players on the field all the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The faceoff off kid is the most valuable player on the team. By far the best midfielder, as well. The rest of those middies are just kids in orange helmets. They're not bad, but they just don't stand out. The goalie is great. Blast doesn't ave a strong defense outside of one kid and she does a very good job. She's the class of the age group (her dad, however, is an obnoxious d-bag).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Either is that goalie! She is nothing without a solid defense.

Jealous much?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The faceoff off kid is the most valuable player on the team. By far the best midfielder, as well. The rest of those middies are just kids in orange helmets. They're not bad, but they just don't stand out. The goalie is great. Blast doesn't ave a strong defense outside of one kid and she does a very good job. She's the class of the age group (her dad, however, is an obnoxious d-bag).

Done yet dad? We're sure your boy is the best. Settle down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She is the best goalie on the best 2025 team. Get over and face it. Nine D 1 does it again boys.. They put the best team and best players on the field all the time.

More tripe. You people are sad. You have the best 4th graders!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop, just stop. I'm begging you. Shhhhhhhhh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

how does that orange kool aid taste?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's delicious

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

how does that orange kool aid taste?

I prefer Tang. It's what the astronauts drink. But even so, whose goalie do you think is better? Whose FO kid is better? And don't say Geese or Express, because that's been proven false on numerous occasions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tripe and Orange Kool Aid for Breakfast.. Breakfast of Champions!!!!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody have any thoughts on the 9 d 1 ice team? Going to have my son tryout next year for blast but i am not sure if he will make it so i wanted to learn about the ice team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Done yet dad? We're sure your boy is the best. Settle down.

Not my kid, but he is the strength of that team. I didn't say the other mids were bad, obviously they're not. They must be pretty good to be on that team. I'm saying that he stands out and the others don't. That's not an insult to any of them. Realistically, most of them are on the team because they could catch and throw 2 years ago. That's pretty much all they still do. There hasn't been too much movement from team to team yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why doesn't blast enter blatant. Geese will be playing. Come on blast can't hide all year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you have seen all the goalies in 2025? u dolt

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why doesn't blast enter blatant. Geese will be playing. Come on blast can't hide all year.

Leave the Blastchics alone, they don't start playing grade level till the summer..LOL

News Flash, Blast is on the Blatant. Parents spoke and they had to listen.. We will see what happens on May 20th

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blast is in Blatant

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOws the 2030 team C'MON

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to all the boys playing at the Blatant!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw a S2S kid playing with Manhassett 2024 PAL team.2 weeks ago. Is that necessary? The kid was there whole team never came out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw a S2S kid playing with Manhassett 2024 PAL team.2 weeks ago. Is that necessary? The kid was there whole team never came out.

This is a 2025 forum. No one cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody have any thoughts on the 9 d 1 ice team? Going to have my son tryout next year for blast but i am not sure if he will make it so i wanted to learn about the ice team.

I dont have any inside knowledge, but I'd be cautious joining a 2nd team of any organization. only so much attention to go around, so be cautious.
91 touts their training and coaching that all kids receive, so maybe it will work out well.

But, you may also see the team be blown up because kids may believe they should be on "A" teams and look elsewhere next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ice team is a joke.they barely have enough to put kids on the field. Total money grab.coaches are horrible too.i'm sorry i signed my kid up to play for them.talent level is C or D

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ice team is a joke.they barely have enough to put kids on the field. Total money grab.coaches are horrible too.i'm sorry i signed my kid up to play for them.talent level is C or D

It's a tough call. 2024 B team folded and now not enough interest in another one. 2023 B is one of the better teams in the age group (the A team is in another stratosphere), 2022 B team was beating the A team on occasion until they restructured after last season. At this point, being on a top team isn't too important, especially since the new recruiting rules won't allow coaches to contact kids till 11th grade. There used to be a rush to get on a top team so he can be seen in 7th grade and committed to a college by 8th or 9th. None of that matters anymore so you should find a team that is going to offer him good coaching, lots of playing time and a tournament/practice schedule that fits your needs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Leggy pulled you out of Laxfest. Vent your anger on them. If Blast enters Blatant your coach will pull you out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's probably better for the age group if kids are playing other sports such as hockey and soccer. Both will help with players speed agility and endurance. You hear college athletes say it all the time that's it's important to be a multi sport athlete when you are young. Kids don't get burnt out as quickly, they utilize and develop other muscle groups etc.

Page 36 of 62 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 61 62

Link Copied to Clipboard