BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 55 of 268 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 267 268
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems like every grade at Chaminade thinks their the best. So they should make 2 varsity teams. One all juniors, one all seniors.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sayville? How do you fools like the coaching change now? We experienced great success under Coach Doller but malcontents forced the BoD to make a change. Are you guys happy now?

That ship has sailed. We got what we deserved and there is no way to make it right. The landscaper, et al got what they wanted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems like every grade at Chaminade thinks their the best. So they should make 2 varsity teams. One all juniors, one all seniors.

Chaminade is just a big travel team with smart kids and parents with deep pockets...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop your Chaminade stereotype...the financial spectrum of the school and its lax team spans the spectrum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chaminade is just a big travel team with smart kids and parents with deep pockets...

Chaminade is far more "economically diverse" (lol) than just about every single strong lacrosse program on Long Island. Let's consider the usual suspects: Manhasset, Garden City, Cold Spring Harbor, etc.

The school might be many things, but it's certainly not a rich kids club when compared to its competition here on Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody here cares about Chaminade! Take it somewhere else so we can discuss the real lacrosse conferences, where a championship that actually matters is at stake. Could give a rats [lacrosse] about these spoiled brats thinking they are relevant. Everyone knows Catholic lacrosse conference is weak as [lacrosse].

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you not live on Long Island? Are you new to the sport?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious how many of the 20+ chaminade senior commits never see the field. And how many more would be spectators if soph and freshman play varsity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious how many of the 20+ chaminade senior commits never see the field. And how many more would be spectators if soph and freshman play varsity.

It's been like that for a pretty long time, at least since the program really got rolling in the 1990s.

Plenty of 3rd string goalies and the like at Chaminade who ended up playing D1 lacrosse. That's to be expected considering the size and true depth of the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
plenty of 3rd string goalies playing D1? wow!!! you sure you want to go with that Tex?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody here cares about Chaminade! Take it somewhere else so we can discuss the real lacrosse conferences, where a championship that actually matters is at stake. Could give a rats [lacrosse] about these spoiled brats thinking they are relevant. Everyone knows Catholic lacrosse conference is weak as [lacrosse].

Fact check..........year in year out Chammy and St A play the toughest schedule on LI hand down. Look it up. Spoiled brats?????........hmmmm look at SE, WM, Manhasset, CSH, GC, etc.. think you will find more spoiled players than the catholics combined.....Oh yea.....which public daddy's are gonna buck up to get their kid AA etc. I think we know the answer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
size of roster doesn't automatically translate into depth mom..... the bench would be on the bench at Set, or CSH or GC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
plenty of 3rd string goalies playing D1? wow!!! you sure you want to go with that Tex?

At Chaminade:

Seniors - 1 committed to Manhattan, 1 committed to Wesleyan (turned down D1 offers from lower level D1s), 1 not committed

Juniors - 1 committed to Duke, 1 not committed

Sophomores - 1 committed to Notre Dame, 1 committed to Furman

Freshman - not sure

Only one can play - so this year 2 committed goalies never play and next year 2 committed goalies will never play. Again, a testament to why HS lacrosse doesn't matter that much to college coaches. Now this may change with the new rules but I still don't see college coaches getting to many HS games. It will still be about club...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Catholic Conference is weak. Would love to see any public play their schedules year in and year out. Although I agree playing the same team year after year for Championship seems silly it is what it is. If they were to be added to Public playoffs what conference would you put them in. Or should I say which so called power house would complain they are added. Everyone was talking about how good WM was and they are going to win it all and how good Mass was and they may win it all. Both lost this year. Year in and year out no changes to conferences so same teams beat up on weaker towns and make playoffs

IT IS TIME FOR A SELECTION COMMITTEE TO BE SET UP AND DO IT RIGHT. THESE COACHES THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL ANYWAY SO RANK THE TEAMS AND SET UP A PLAYOFF AND HAVE A TRUE CHAMPION OF LI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2, and all our kids have the same zip code.
So Inbred?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Catholic Conference is weak. Would love to see any public play their schedules year in and year out. Although I agree playing the same team year after year for Championship seems silly it is what it is. If they were to be added to Public playoffs what conference would you put them in. Or should I say which so called power house would complain they are added. Everyone was talking about how good WM was and they are going to win it all and how good Mass was and they may win it all. Both lost this year. Year in and year out no changes to conferences so same teams beat up on weaker towns and make playoffs

IT IS TIME FOR A SELECTION COMMITTEE TO BE SET UP AND DO IT RIGHT. THESE COACHES THINK THEY KNOW IT ALL ANYWAY SO RANK THE TEAMS AND SET UP A PLAYOFF AND HAVE A TRUE CHAMPION OF LI

That is not how it works. You play for a state title, and the rest of the state doesn't care about what Chaminade, St Ant's or anyone else on Long Island thinks. There was a time would people understood that a State title was a great accomplishment and did not want to turn it in to the circus you propose. "THE TRUE CHAMPION OF LI"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is not how it works. You play for a state title, and the rest of the state doesn't care about what Chaminade, St Ant's or anyone else on Long Island thinks. There was a time would people understood that a State title was a great accomplishment and did not want to turn it in to the circus you propose. "THE TRUE CHAMPION OF LI"

Not so sure about that, many of the neighboring states do a tournament of champions. I think NY should add that to their cache of scholastic sports playoffs. Sure Nj and Ct are not Geographically as large (as are the rest of the NE states) but a Championship can be done and would be a great thing for the state. I also think the Sect 8 and 11 playing each other in a "first round" year in and year out is ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EAST ISLIP HIGH SCHOOL Team to beat in Suffolk BEAT SWR and Hills West yet no love

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's funny. Quite a few NYS champs come and play Chammy and St A including LI publics and upstate teams. Stop the nonsense. Publics should enjoy their state championship while Chammy and St A get to have their championship and very competitive tri-state schedules because of the scheduling flexibility they have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
EAST ISLIP HIGH SCHOOL Team to beat in Suffolk BEAT SWR and Hills West yet no love

Sorry, all the hype and media attention is reserved for West Islip.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow North Babylon a one point game against Whitman, Sachem be careful we all thought North Bab was a cake walk. or at least i did. Sachem North will finally leap frog Bay Shore for points and moving them to 12 and Bay Shore to 13. Sachem has melville and Smith east tough but dont think they will lose their spot because of those losses. Bay Shore has to beat Patchouge and West Islip, West Islip may need the game for a better position, not looking good for BS. Lindy sitting pretty.

DIV I (contest details)
Ward Melville 10-0-0 10-2-0 167.360
Smithtown West 8-2-0 8-4-0 153.730
Smithtown East 8-2-0 9-3-0 149.090
H H Hills East 9-2-0 10-2-0 144.990
Commack HS 7-3-0 8-4-0 134.630
West Islip 7-3-0 9-3-0 132.810
Connetquot 7-3-0 8-4-0 119.400
Riverhead 7-4-0 9-4-0 118.940
Northport 6-5-0 7-6-0 115.380
Lindenhurst 6-4-0 6-6-0 108.400
Walt Whitman 5-6-0 6-7-0 105.200 (tonight games are not include they will be .500, they will have to keep an eye on Sachem North)

Bay Shore 5-5-0 7-5-0 101.740 (can they leap frog Whitman)
Sachem North 5-5-0 7-5-0 100.940 (not sure how they are behind BS they just beat them, they will lose to a higher ranked opponent than Bay Shore will lose to)
Patchogue-Medford 6-4-0 7-5-0 98.490 (today's loss hurts because they shouldnt be able to leap frog Sachem North)

top 5 get a bye so not sure it matters from there.
Wouldnt want to get West Islip / Connetquot / Northport first round. Suffolk A looks good for the top 8. Wouldnt it be great if top 8 of Nassau played top 8 of Suffolk

Can't wait to see today's power points

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow North Babylon a one point game against Whitman, Sachem be careful we all thought North Bab was a cake walk. or at least i did. Sachem North will finally leap frog Bay Shore for points and moving them to 12 and Bay Shore to 13. Sachem has melville and Smith east tough but dont think they will lose their spot because of those losses. Bay Shore has to beat Patchouge and West Islip, West Islip may need the game for a better position, not looking good for BS. Lindy sitting pretty.

DIV I (contest details)
Ward Melville 10-0-0 10-2-0 167.360
Smithtown West 8-2-0 8-4-0 153.730
Smithtown East 8-2-0 9-3-0 149.090
H H Hills East 9-2-0 10-2-0 144.990
Commack HS 7-3-0 8-4-0 134.630
West Islip 7-3-0 9-3-0 132.810
Connetquot 7-3-0 8-4-0 119.400
Riverhead 7-4-0 9-4-0 118.940
Northport 6-5-0 7-6-0 115.380
Lindenhurst 6-4-0 6-6-0 108.400
Walt Whitman 5-6-0 6-7-0 105.200 (tonight games are not include they will be .500, they will have to keep an eye on Sachem North)

Bay Shore 5-5-0 7-5-0 101.740 (can they leap frog Whitman)
Sachem North 5-5-0 7-5-0 100.940 (not sure how they are behind BS they just beat them, they will lose to a higher ranked opponent than Bay Shore will lose to)
Patchogue-Medford 6-4-0 7-5-0 98.490 (today's loss hurts because they shouldnt be able to leap frog Sachem North)

top 5 get a bye so not sure it matters from there.
Wouldnt want to get West Islip / Connetquot / Northport first round. Suffolk A looks good for the top 8. Wouldnt it be great if top 8 of Nassau played top 8 of Suffolk

Can't wait to see today's power points

DIV I (contest details)
Ward Melville 13-0-0 13-2-0 188.440
Smithtown East 11-2-0 12-3-0 167.680
Smithtown West 11-2-0 11-4-0 166.130
H H Hills East 10-3-0 12-3-0 152.300
Commack HS 9-4-0 10-5-0 142.300 (could move out, or stay put)

West Islip 8-5-0 10-5-0 133.840 (could move up or down)
Connetquot 9-4-0 10-5-0 125.580
Riverhead 9-4-0 11-4-0 124.810
Northport 6-7-0 7-8-0 110.760
Sachem North 7-6-0 9-6-0 110.190

(here is the race)
Bay Shore 7-6-0 9-6-0 107.890 West Islip Left
Walt Whitman 7-6-0 8-7-0 105.590 Commack left

Lindenhurst 7-6-0 7-8-0 102.510 Sahem East loss put them out

Sachem East 6-7-0 6-9-0 98.660
Huntington 4-9-0 5-10-0 92.300
PatMed 6-7-0 7-8-0 83.280

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whitman's Copaigue game actual hurt them. Go Lions on the border war.

Bay Shore should keep a slim margin if both win or both lose. Talking a point or less

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, some could say for 3 teams the Playoff start for Suffolk A tomorrow.
The 5 seed is playing the 12 seed
The 6 seed is playing the 11 seed.
Consolation game 13 vs 16

this is what i think
Ward Melville
Smithtown East
Smithtown West
H H Hills East
Commack HS

West Islip
Riverhead
Connetquot
Northport
Sachem North

Lindenhurst

Since I think both Bay Shore and Whitman lose and are out, I see Lindenhurst squeezing in if they beat PatMed 10-5 or better.

I like this better because I dont want to see a rematch of WI and BS. Although I do want to see a few other rematches Hills east and Ward Melville being one of them.

Riverhead moves up over Connetquot.
I dont mind these rematches since they were a month prior
Quot vs Nport.
Rvr vs Sachem N

Then it would put
WM vs Nport
SE vs Rvr
Smith W vs WI
Hills E v Com

From there I only Like SE and Hills east advancing to play each other. Would have like to see a WI v WM game in there. Who knows one more day to get this all figured out. Good luck stay healthy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Always back to the goalies. So transparent! So your the 3rd string seniors goalies dad posting again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Always back to the goalies. So transparent! So your the 3rd string seniors goalies dad posting again

HUH?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
west islip really what are we in a way back machine Team is not good anymore and time for coach to sail on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that Manhattan College has a new goalie for the 2018 season who will likely start for 4 years.

Hector the Rejector....

He does his job and is silent!

Available at any sporting goods store.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, playoffs next week, let's have a little serious dialogue on what we think will happen in Nassau and Suffolk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winner of Smithtown East/WM gets off Island. Last time the two played in a championship East won. CSH looks to repeat as State champs as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, playoffs next week, let's have a little serious dialogue on what we think will happen in Nassau and Suffolk.
Pequa, Set, CSH. Set & CSH to State Finals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nassau 1 semi-final will be Massapequa vs Port(Massapequa wins easily) other will be Syosset vs Farmingdale (Syosset wins this one)
Finals Massapequa wins vs Syosset

Nassau 2 semi-final will be Manhasset vs Wantagh (Manhasset wins by a lot) other will be Garden City vs Hewlett ( Garden City wins by a lot) finals Garden City wins by 3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nassau with a near sweep

Massapequa
Manhasset
CSH
only Oyster Bay does not get off the Island for Nassau Lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winner of Smithtown East/WM gets off Island. Last time the two played in a championship East won. CSH looks to repeat as State champs as well

East had a lot of trouble with Pequa. No guarantee there, I think the top 3 in Nassau A all have a shot of beating the top Suffolk school. Farmingdale is the dark horse here. With that being said I do believe the A champ for LI will be WM. But they better not take the Nassau team lightly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

East had a lot of trouble with Pequa. No guarantee there, I think the top 3 in Nassau A all have a shot of beating the top Suffolk school. Farmingdale is the dark horse here. With that being said I do believe the A champ for LI will be WM. But they better not take the Nassau team lightly.

Close games are great, but there has to be a winner. East already beat Pequa once, so they are favored there. That being said, WM beat East by 1, so they are the favorite. SWR might have a very competitive game with CSH as well. But, as experienced laxers know, we won't have answers till games are played. Who wants it, and is willing to put in the work as an individual, and team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nassau 1 semi-final will be Massapequa vs Port(Massapequa wins easily) other will be Syosset vs Farmingdale (Syosset wins this one)
Finals Massapequa wins vs Syosset

Nassau 2 semi-final will be Manhasset vs Wantagh (Manhasset wins by a lot) other will be Garden City vs Hewlett ( Garden City wins by a lot) finals Garden City wins by 3.

Port Washington has no chance. Their biggest issue is coaching or lack of coaching to be more precise. Massapequa and Syosset are the two best coached teams in this division and as a result they will meet in the finals. Massapequa will prevail with their talent and disciplined play. They will meet Ward Melville in the Long Island Championships and Massapequa will be the one left standing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Close games are great, but there has to be a winner. East already beat Pequa once, so they are favored there. That being said, WM beat East by 1, so they are the favorite. SWR might have a very competitive game with CSH as well. But, as experienced laxers know, we won't have answers till games are played. Who wants it, and is willing to put in the work as an individual, and team?

Well yes, I agree, but we are prognosticating here, sooooo, it's kind of like who do you THINK, will win. One disagreement I would say is the work is already done, now is the time for coaching to take effect. They have played against each other once, so what will the coaches do differently. Hope the games are great.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok pequa dad!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok pequa dad!!!

No one knows who you are referring to, but I'm curious why you can't have a pleasant back and forth on here about the playoffs, without the typical d-bag response?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sayville Lacrosse, worst record in 15 years
kids just want it to be over

Like Reply Quote
Page 55 of 268 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 267 268