BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 59 of 102 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Warrior defenseman was good only one righty attackman I saw on HB that is a dominate player which the warriors locked on him. I guess they need to work on getting that kid open.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Warrior defenseman was good only one righty attackman I saw on HB that is a dominate player which the warriors locked on him. I guess they need to work on getting that kid open.

They can lock on him all they want - they still lost. Maybe the Warrior defense needs to lock onto a few other players. Games are not won by shutting down one player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express has 2 big dominant righty attackmen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great. Good for you Mom. Now go get some burgers at the store and get off the computer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. Two "dominant" righty attackmen. Ok.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dominant or Righty Dominant as in can't go left?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any reason - with all of the very good to excellent travel teams on Long Island - there arent more local tournaments that these guys want to play in? Why travel anywhere? Or travel much less? A travel league of sorts? Someone enlighten me please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there any reason - with all of the very good to excellent travel teams on Long Island - there arent more local tournaments that these guys want to play in? Why travel anywhere? Or travel much less? A travel league of sorts? Someone enlighten me please.

It's all about the club owners who want to show other states their teams. It does nothing for the parents or kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's all about the club owners who want to show other states their teams. It does nothing for the parents or kids.

The kids love going to away tourneys and sleeping in a hotel. Isn't that why we do this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kids love going to away tourneys and sleeping in a hotel. Isn't that why we do this?

No, it's not why we do this. It's because of the club owners.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No. My kid would much rather play local tournaments. Maybe one travel tournament would be nice, but this club traveling stuff is nonsense. Don't need to go to Maryland to play against teams 10 miles from us. It's just a cash cow for these owners.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They're called travel teams for a reason. There are plenty of teams that your son can play on that will stay on the island. Do a little research and you'll easily find one. My son's team goes to Maryland and Philly every year and it's awesome! The kids love going to the beach or the pool (or just running around the hotel and laughing) and the parents have a lot of fun too! It's part of the experience and the kids will remember the away tourneys. Also, if everyone played in the same local tournaments every year, the same teams would face each other over and over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They're called travel teams for a reason. There are plenty of teams that your son can play on that will stay on the island. Do a little research and you'll easily find one. My son's team goes to Maryland and Philly every year and it's awesome! The kids love going to the beach or the pool (or just running around the hotel and laughing) and the parents have a lot of fun too! It's part of the experience and the kids will remember the away tourneys. Also, if everyone played in the same local tournaments every year, the same teams would face each other over and over.

They face the same Long Island teams in PA and MD, but thanks club owner for the terrible input.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They play "the same teams . . . (and) face each other over and over" even when you go away - that's the point!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really? it's about sleeping in a hotel? What bs. It's about "my kid is better than yours at lacrosse". That's' why you do it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They play "the same teams . . . (and) face each other over and over" even when you go away - that's the point!

I'm not sure what tournaments you go to. When we go down to Maryland, my son's team plays Annapolis Hawks, Looney's, FCA, Bethesda, Madlax, etc... those teams don't come to LI in the summer. When we go to Philly, we played Brotherly Love, Dukes, Mesa, Patriot, etc... those teams don't come to LI in the summer either. Sure, they may also play some LI teams (S2S, Bandits, Warriors, Express or Igloo will all play in those tourneys) and Laxachusettes, but those are the teams you want to play and you don't get them every week.

Maybe your son's team needs to find better and more diverse tourneys. Speak to the coach about it. If that doesn't work, find another team that plays locally.

It sounds to me that you just don't like the whole lacrosse experience. If that's the case, you're probably projecting that negativity on your son (intentionally or unintentionally) which will very likely sour him on the sport as a whole.

I'm not being critical; travel lax is not for everyone. But, if your son really enjoys it, then there is likely a better spot for him (and you) on another team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really? it's about sleeping in a hotel? What bs. It's about "my kid is better than yours at lacrosse". That's' why you do it.

He probably is, but that's not why. You're very bitter about it. You must be a ball to hang with at tourneys!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He probably is, but that's not why. You're very bitter about it. You must be a ball to hang with at tourneys!

I'd love to see the tax returns for these travel/club teams, then maybe some of these parents who think these tournaments are for the kids might wake up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If LI wasn't so stupid to travel to MD and Philly every weekend, then maybe those teams would come to us. They're not stupid. They know they have plenty of their own good teams why waste the money. Keep pounding your chest Dad. Sounds like you need a reality check

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If LI wasn't so stupid to travel to MD and Philly every weekend, then maybe those teams would come to us. They're not stupid. They know they have plenty of their own good teams why waste the money. Keep pounding your chest Dad. Sounds like you need a reality check

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBingo. Do you see those teams coming to LI? Between NY, NJ, and CT a travel league would be a great settup. Day trips, not full weekends. Some families have more then one shining 6th grade lacrosse star. I like the idea of a travel league - then maybe a year end tournament. But, cash lining the pockets of someone...and it sure is not the parents, players, or coaches. JOKE. But, if your child actually has some skill - you have no choice - and follow the lemmings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBingo. Do you see those teams coming to LI? Between NY, NJ, and C a travel league would be a great settup. Day trips, not full weekends. Some families have more then one shining 6th grade lacrosse star. I like the idea of a travel league - then maybe a year end tournament. But, cash lining the pockets of someone...and it sure is not the parents, players, or coaches. JOKE. But, if your child actually has some skill - you have no choice - and follow the lemmings.

So you just don't like travel lacrosse. That's basically what you're saying. Maryland, DC and NOVA have a substantially larger oil of teams than LI. Or at least more highly competitive teams. If you want to play crappy teams from Ct, Upstate and NJ, then there are teams here that do that. Unfortunately, none of those teams are very good. If your son plays on a second teir team, then your format is absolutely the best one; however, there are teams that don't want to blow out a bunch of teams every week. That's not fun. Teams, players and coaches seek out challenges. Clearly that is not a priority for you. And that's fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not what he said, but no surprise that u didn't understand him. My son's team won all his tournaments in MD and Philly last year. And almost always met a LI team in the finals. You're just a dad who needs to brag that he travelled to MD and Philly as if it means your son is the best in the country. Plenty of talent on LI. One day trips sound so much better than entire weekends. And maybe one weekend at end of the season. Club owners love Dads like you. That's how they make their living.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not what he said, but no surprise that u didn't understand him. My son's team won all his tournaments in MD and Philly last year. And almost always met a LI team in the finals. You're just a dad who needs to brag that he travelled to MD and Philly as if it means your son is the best in the country. Plenty of talent on LI. One day trips sound so much better than entire weekends. And maybe one weekend at end of the season. Club owners love Dads like you. That's how they make their living.

You're out of your mind. I said my kid plays in Maryland and Philly. 2 away tournaments. The rest are local. However, the away tournaments are a lot more fun for him and our family.

By the way, one day trips are a complete hassle. I'm sure in your unrealistic utopian lax world, all away games would be a 1:00 in the afternoon, right? Well, that's not reality. I'm doing the upstate/PA/CT one day tourneys with my younger daughter. It sucks. Leaving the house at 4:30 in the morning makes for a wasted day for a kid. I'd much rather spend a weekend somewhere different than go to the same damn field every week.

Obviously you're using your grocery money to keep your kid in travel lax and it's getting too much for you. Good things cost money. I bet you're the dad that won't pay for fall or winter trainings either, right? Well guess what, that hurts the team. If you can't swing the whole nut, don't do it. That's all there is to it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know a sight where there is actual 2023 Lacrosse information. All I ever see on here is J**k**f dads complaining about whose kid is better, which team is better, which tournament is better pretty pathetic... I will say you guys do make me laugh, thank you for that...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm guessing he's on the Bandits then, considering they won the NXT Cup in Philly and played S2S in the final (and most of the other bigger LI travel clubs were there). Then I'm correct in the assumption that you're sick of paying the "Bandit Tax". The travel and extras involved with that team are just ridiculous. I feel your pain. However, that's the only team like that. That's what you get when you get into bed with JS, and let's face it, you knew it going in. If you can't afford to be on the team, then find another team. Most people (besides you and the other chump on here complaining) thoroughly enjoy traveling. That's why we have our kids playing on travel lacrosse teams. Everyone knows what is involved with their current team; it's not like they surprised anyone with all of the additional travel and fees.

Your problem is that you want to eat Filet Mignon on a hamburger budget. It doesn't work that way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know a sight where there is actual 2023 Lacrosse information. All I ever see on here is J**k**f dads complaining about whose kid is better, which team is better, which tournament is better pretty pathetic... I will say you guys do make me laugh, thank you for that...

kinda like your wife when she sees you naked?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean like NLF on LI? Last June, Eclipse (CT), BLC, Crabs and Annapolis Hawks (Md), Primetime and Express North (Upstate), Leading Edge (NJ), Big 4 HHH and Superstar (Pa) and Laxachusettes (Ma) came into town? And the next NLF on LI in July? Maybe your team doesn't get to play in the right tournaments. Teams don't have to. They choose to because the coaches, parents and players want to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is Lax info, if you don't like it too bad. This is what you get, loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^^^^^Exactly Thanks Fellas^^^^^^

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean like NLF on LI? Last June, Eclipse (CT), BLC, Crabs and Annapolis Hawks (Md), Primetime and Express North (Upstate), Leading Edge (NJ), Big 4 HHH and Superstar (Pa) and Laxachusettes (Ma) came into town? And the next NLF on LI in July? Maybe your team doesn't get to play in the right tournaments. Teams don't have to. They choose to because the coaches, parents and players want to.

2 tournaments those teams come up here in exchange for us going down there 2 times. That seems fair enough. Plus, some teams (Madlax comes to mind) play in laxfest. Get your facts straight before you complain.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U have to pay to play on long island, sometimes a years tuition worth

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is Lax info, if you don't like it too bad. This is what you get, loser.

and this is why we can't have nice things

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The site is boring today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for perpetuating that trend with your comment . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws scrimmaging S2S and Warriors tonight. That should be fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SYAG vs Sinai PAL game was EPIC!

That outta get things started!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's gonna be hard to beat that Gold team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's not a fun scrimmage for Outlaws. More like target practice for S2S and Warriors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did scrimmage go ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's gonna be hard to beat that Gold team.

Three teams having fun with some mini scrimmages to start the season. Relax. That possible for you?

Page 59 of 102 1 2 57 58 59 60 61 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard