BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,830
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 41 of 78 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 77 78
Re: Boys 2022- 7th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you talking about the tourne or the tryout?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
said. This is why so many other teams are popping up. The bs that is out there with big organizations is said. Oh well hope we all Learned A good lesson.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brine one is the same way! They already picked the teams prior. It's all BS!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too many kids on each field that' was the problem. Made it tough

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
80 or so. High talent level.

I listened to the speech from the coaches to parents at the end about some players submitting tape that couldn't make it. Total BS. Did anyone see something about players sending in video to make the team? Didn't think so.

This is another 9d1 crap, Not a fair

Agreed...couldnt help walking away believing the team was picked before the kids got there. Basically did line drills and shooting drills for an hour and then scrimmaged. No 1 on 1 's...nobody looking to match kids against each other .Midfielders in the last group got 1 shift each.Then you throw in the video stuff..yeah ok.Just say that we already told kids that aren't here that they are on the team

It's the worst run event that I have ever seen. They really pulled a fast one. Next time don't bother.

If Channy is involved, the boys not playing for Express won't get a fair look. It's a real shame He shouldn't be allowed at the tryouts. Saw it last year with the Brine event as well. That was not the best LI based team in VA last July. It was obvious that some boys who don't play for him should have been there and weren't because they don't line his orange and black pockets. But it does teach the boys early on that it's more important who you know and not what you know.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hate to admit it but the best players are on three teams so good chance a majority of the selections would come from those teams. If your not on one of those teams you had to know the chances were remote

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hate to admit it but the best players are on three teams so good chance a majority of the selections would come from those teams. If your not on one of those teams you had to know the chances were remote

That's not true. If you took the best players from some of the other teams in this age group they would give the big three a good game. There are plenty of very good players out there on other teams that chose to not play for the big three by choice. Look at what they are doing in Three Village, Northport and GC for example. Playing for their town year round is more important to them than playing for an outside club. Also, now with the new recruiting restrictions being put in place the high school coaches will once again play a more important role in this process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That may or may not be true, but if someone makes the team who wasn't at tryouts then the whole thing is a sham.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually it's the opposite these new rules give unfortunately more power to the clubs as power brokers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That may or may not be true, but if someone makes the team who wasn't at tryouts then the whole thing is a sham.

Agree 100% and spoke with one of the coaches who said he refuses to watch any videos of kids weren't there then no good

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I 100000% disagree. Clubs will so much more important now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I 100000% disagree. Clubs will so much more important now.

It really depends on what town you live in and the strength/history of your high school program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This will become like basketball. If you're not playing for one of the power brokers it's hard to get a look. Like basketball you will also see kids moving across the country to play on loaded teams that attend all the right events and get the looks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everybody can speculate all you want but if your kid is really good they will find him!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True. But the clubs will pivot and will continue to be the intermediary. Nothing I read said anything about club comtact. If I missed that please post it. Because that would change my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clubs will be important, but only after junior year. College coaches (at least the honorable ones) will pretty much ignore kids until after their Sophomore year. There will be no need to gamble on the kids that developed early any more.

Good quote by Kevin Rice "New recruiting rule is a great step, I barely played on my HS team until junior year. The best freshman rarely turns out as the best player"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No championship game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No championship game.

What are you talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No championship game.

The Syosset Shootout...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Port won

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No championship game.

The Syosset Shootout...

If you have something to say, just come out and say it. There's obviously a reason why you're bringing this up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, will coaches being dipping into 2022 before the recruiting deadline on 4/26 ? Will parents be pushing to make contact before ? Or, does it stop at 2021 until Sept 1 of Junior year ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, will coaches being dipping into 2022 before the recruiting deadline on 4/26 ? Will parents be pushing to make contact before ? Or, does it stop at 2021 until Sept 1 of Junior year ?

The new rules are effective immediately as in last Friday. The NCAA has clarified this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's classy. LI teams pulling from 2021 every chance they get

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everything I've read says Immediately following the 4/26 meeting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No championship game.

The Syosset Shootout...

If you have something to say, just come out and say it. There's obviously a reason why you're bringing this up

Teams already played and Vikings beat ESM decisively so no real point in redoing it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everything I've read says Immediately following the 4/26 meeting.

Update: April 15, 3:30 p.m.

An IWLCA spokesperson provided IL with clarity regarding the effective date for this legislation. After originally being reported that the rules would go into effect after the NCAA's Board of Governor's meeting on April 26, it's now apparent that that step is not necessary.

"We have just received confirmation via email from the NCAA that the lacrosse early recruiting proposal became effective yesterday. An official interpretation should be forthcoming," the spokesperson wrote IL via email. "This means that all recruiting contact begins September 1st of a prospective student-athlete's junior year. Any recruiting contact with younger PSAs is impermissible under the new rule. ​This is different than most of the measures passed yesterday that will become final at the close of the NCAA Board of Governors meeting on April 26."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
don't be so arrogant. diamondbacks team is equally as strong. top teams from california, colorado, texas and southeast region will be competitive too.

No team (including Diamondbacks) will come within 5 goals of the top 3 Long Island teams.

Saw LI Express Channy (if they are one of the top 3 LI teams) play close matches in a March scrimmage against clubs with 3 or fewer practices under their belt. One of those clubs beat them.

Last year even with a 5/1 cutoff, the Maryland "2021" teams could not compete with LI in the WSYL. This year with the 9/1 cutoff Maryland teams will be at even more disadvantage because many of their 2022 players are too old. This is apparent when looking at what teams are participating in the qualifier, or rather what teams are not competing. Actually very funny. My 2021 son just missed making the cutoff this year, and even after going last year we would have gone back because it was such a positive experience. Congrats to all the teams going. Expensive trip, but well worth it for your boys. You will not be disappointed. Anyone who says it is a worthless tournament probably has a 2022 that should be a 2021. Every single player and family from our team had an awesome trip. Enjoy!

Everyone I have talked to said it was one of the best lacrosse experiences they've ever had. My 2021 did not go but I am hoping my 2023 will be able to experience it next year. And I completely agree with your opinion about why certain teams are not going. They like to make it seem like they're not interested but we all know what that means... to old. I hope that those of us with kids not manipulating the school system will continue to support it.

My son's MD 2022 team decided not to go after informally polling the kids. We do have 3-4 players who didn't make the age cutoff. That is the reason we aren't going. The kids decided they didn't want to leave the older kids behind and the parents and coaches respected that decision. It's unfortunate because it seems like a nice event, but we are moving on and will tune in just the same.

Out of curiosity, why don't the MD teams send their 12-13 year olds to the age appropriate tourneys. If I'm a MD coach or parent, I'd be curious how they fair against other age appropriate clubs. Can only imagine that the experience would make those players better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I listened to the speech from the coaches to parents at the end about some players submitting tape that couldn't make it. Total BS. Did anyone see something about players sending in video to make the team? Didn't think so.

Agreed...couldnt help walking away believing the team was picked before the kids got there. Basically did line drills and shooting drills for an hour and then scrimmaged. No 1 on 1 's...nobody looking to match kids against each other .Midfielders in the last group got 1 shift each.Then you throw in the video stuff..yeah ok.Just say that we already told kids that aren't here that they are on the team

It's the worst run event that I have ever seen. They really pulled a fast one. Next time don't bother.

If Channy is involved, the boys not playing for Express won't get a fair look. It's a real shame He shouldn't be allowed at the tryouts. Saw it last year with the Brine event as well. That was not the best LI based team in VA last July. It was obvious that some boys who don't play for him should have been there and weren't because they don't line his orange and black pockets. But it does teach the boys early on that it's more important who you know and not what you know.

I thought the 2022 Long Island Brine team won the event?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought the 2022 Long Island Brine team won the event?

They did, but the competition was limited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ESM was DQ'd

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK dude, say whatever you have to say to make yourself feel better about it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
don't be so arrogant. diamondbacks team is equally as strong. top teams from california, colorado, texas and southeast region will be competitive too.

No team (including Diamondbacks) will come within 5 goals of the top 3 Long Island teams.

Saw LI Express Channy (if they are one of the top 3 LI teams) play close matches in a March scrimmage against clubs with 3 or fewer practices under their belt. One of those clubs beat them.

Last year even with a 5/1 cutoff, the Maryland "2021" teams could not compete with LI in the WSYL. This year with the 9/1 cutoff Maryland teams will be at even more disadvantage because many of their 2022 players are too old. This is apparent when looking at what teams are participating in the qualifier, or rather what teams are not competing. Actually very funny. My 2021 son just missed making the cutoff this year, and even after going last year we would have gone back because it was such a positive experience. Congrats to all the teams going. Expensive trip, but well worth it for your boys. You will not be disappointed. Anyone who says it is a worthless tournament probably has a 2022 that should be a 2021. Every single player and family from our team had an awesome trip. Enjoy!

Everyone I have talked to said it was one of the best lacrosse experiences they've ever had. My 2021 did not go but I am hoping my 2023 will be able to experience it next year. And I completely agree with your opinion about why certain teams are not going. They like to make it seem like they're not interested but we all know what that means... to old. I hope that those of us with kids not manipulating the school system will continue to support it.

My son's MD 2022 team decided not to go after informally polling the kids. We do have 3-4 players who didn't make the age cutoff. That is the reason we aren't going. The kids decided they didn't want to leave the older kids behind and the parents and coaches respected that decision. It's unfortunate because it seems like a nice event, but we are moving on and will tune in just the same.

Out of curiosity, why don't the MD teams send their 12-13 year olds to the age appropriate tourneys. If I'm a MD coach or parent, I'd be curious how they fair against other age appropriate clubs. Can only imagine that the experience would make those players better.

The system has to change so that all teams are age based before there is wide-spread support for age based tournaments. Now that there is less incentive for kids to align with the graduation year for college coaches to evaluate 7th and 8th graders, hopefully the teams will be age based at least through middle school. Until then, the age based tournaments will only get marginal support and be 2nd rate tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hear anything from the warrior tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes you did not make it!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No championship game.

The Syosset Shootout...

Teams already played and Vikings beat ESM decisively so no real point in redoing it.

How about the fact that ESM was disqualified from the toiurnamemt for having 8 and 9 graders playing on the 7 grade team Nice try ESM. But cheating gets you nowhere. You cheated, you were disqualified. Glad to see the tournament did the right thing. Next time do not cheat to try and win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ESM had older kids and still got beat by Port Washington by 3 or 4 nice job

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where were the Outlaws?

Are you serious? Obviously the organization does not want to partake.

As an Outlaw parent told me, they are ok not doing the WSYL and pay $6,000.00 a family to play teams from Long Island. They will just do the 2022 National Championship and the NCAA Futures Tournament instead.

Sanity from a Long Island team? Unheard of.

The wsylax would be a waste for Outlaw. If you can't make it don't go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where were the Outlaws?

Are you serious? Obviously the organization does not want to partake.

As an Outlaw parent told me, they are ok not doing the WSYL and pay $6,000.00 a family to play teams from Long Island. They will just do the 2022 National Championship and the NCAA Futures Tournament instead.

Sanity from a Long Island team? Unheard of.

The wsylax would be a waste for Outlaw. If you can't make it don't go.

He is back. The outlaw dad that was kicked off the team. You know best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes you did not make it!

Thats embarrassing since I'm 38 years old. Thank you for your very helpful comment

Page 41 of 78 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 77 78

Link Copied to Clipboard