BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,725
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 44 of 91 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 90 91
Re: Boys 2024 5th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
MD is already re-scheduled for the following week...lets see if that date sticks

Where did you get your information from, doesn't say anything on the site.....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD is already re-scheduled for the following week...lets see if that date sticks

My sons coach told us. Also, tri-star (express) hasn't updated their site all year. Wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that to update.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They did not change it last year when it happened.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they need to be on top of their site

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My sons coach told us. Also, tri-star (express) hasn't updated their site all year. Wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that to update.

Does your son play for Express or a team that is going to the tourney?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Warrior games? are many of the kids trying out at the 2024 bracket? is it a waste of time as the team is already hand picked?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the Sunday Tournament may be on after all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Depends on if they announce the coaching staff

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Warrior games? are many of the kids trying out at the 2024 bracket? is it a waste of time as the team is already hand picked?

Who would hand pick the team? Who runs it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Depends on if they announce the coaching staff

They won't do that.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a 91 tourney

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid is a top player in the age bracket then he has a shot.. 22 boys make it. If he's a middle of the road player its not worth the time or money. Long Island is looking to make a run against other regions of the country. Don't get it twisted the plan is to go there with a stacked team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a 91 tourney

So it'll be all Wolfpack. What's the point of trying out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a 91 tourney

to donate your money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like the Sunday Tournament may be on after all.

officially cxld. Looking at 4/8 as makeup

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a 91 tourney

I heard Channy has his paws in it too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a 91 tourney

Of course anything involving high fees and a profit will involve Channy. So the team will be Express and 91. I wouldn't waist your money unless you just don't care. Sounds like a waist of time and money to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$185 FOR TRYOUTS!! ALL CAPS. Seriously what is happening? All to have Channy and JA say no thanks-we are good with our boys. And where does that leave the 20 + TAZ boys that are tops in the grade? Will not be a true depiction of the best in the region.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$185 FOR TRYOUTS!! ALL CAPS. Seriously what is happening? All to have Channy and JA say no thanks-we are good with our boys. And where does that leave the 20 + TAZ boys that are tops in the grade? Will not be a true depiction of the best in the region.

Hopefully they take the true top players. Just because Taz wins a lot does not mean the whole team is filled with top players. And what about the top players from other teams?
I know I wouldn't pay $185 just to try out!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Snub the Long Island tryout and take all the taz boys to another team and teach them a lesson

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every dad on here that is complaining who the coaches are or the price have a mid level kid. They are going to choose the boys on skill level. They want to make a showing in this tourney. If your boy is worth it they will take him. They are not going to let a good player stay home if he can help them win. Get over the politics and put your cards on the table. Always whining Dads on here finding a way to point fingers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopefully they take the true top players. Just because Taz wins a lot does not mean the whole team is filled with top players. And what about the top players from other teams?
I know I wouldn't pay $185 just to try out!

20+ Taz kids? Hahaha try like 6. I haven't seen the whole team even get in a game yet

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok-- let's go with 6. Regardless of what YOU watched -the point is JA and Channey not taking top kids .. from other organizations too!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok-- let's go with 6. Regardless of what YOU watched -the point is JA and Channey not taking top kids .. from other organizations too!

Ok mid level Dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your point that Taz wins without all the best kids would point to they have the best coaching. Right? If "they" (not sure who they are)really wanted to make a statement and put best team possible together, shouldn't they pick the best coaches to start. Yes? No?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the assumption that every top kid even tries out. Who knows

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who coaches taz

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your point that Taz wins without all the best kids would point to they have the best coaching. Right? If "they" (not sure who they are)really wanted to make a statement and put best team possible together, shouldn't they pick the best coaches to start. Yes? No?

You are such a tool

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TAZ only wins because of superior coaching. Hahahahahaha!!!!
And Warrior isn't biased towards choosing a coach.... ZERO affiliation with 91!!!
Such Politics its silly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This whole warrior thing especially for this grade level - 2024 - is a complete joke....means absolutely nothing at this age and given its the 1st year of this showcase I think they will have a hard time even fielding a competitive 8th grade team, yet alone a 2024 team (maybe they do but competition from other regions may not be great)....don't feel like you are pressured or missing out on something here...for the tryout fee of $185 and tuition of $695 in the the middle of the Summer is crazy. I have been involved in lax and coaching my kids for the last 10+ yrs and still have another 10-15 yrs left with my younger sons. My one son plays on one of the top 2024 teams (one that is always mentioned here on this thread) and I wouldn't even waste my time. Save the money, go away on vacation and enjoy your time with your kids as it goes by fast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who cares if the team is rigged, hand picked, whatever.....the tournament means absolutely nothing at the end of the day...even to those who make the team....complete non-sense and pure money grab....guess you will have nice gear though

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This whole warrior thing especially for this grade level - 2024 - is a complete joke....means absolutely nothing at this age and given its the 1st year of this showcase I think they will have a hard time even fielding a competitive 8th grade team, yet alone a 2024 team (maybe they do but competition from other regions may not be great)....don't feel like you are pressured or missing out on something here...for the tryout fee of $185 and tuition of $695 in the the middle of the Summer is crazy. I have been involved in lax and coaching my kids for the last 10+ yrs and still have another 10-15 yrs left with my younger sons. My one son plays on one of the top 2024 teams (one that is always mentioned here on this thread) and I wouldn't even waste my time. Save the money, go away on vacation and enjoy your time with your kids as it goes by fast.

If your son is a top tier player than go for it. If you don't think he has what it takes then stay home. To bash it before it even takes place is ridiculous. If your not going to give your son a shot, then just keep your opinions to yourself. You speak in absolutes as if you know. And you give Dad advice as if none of us have been there, I have 4 my friend and if this is what they love to do and its a choice they want to make so be it. Enough with the "I know" and " Believe me" BS. Who asked your opinion to begin with? You are a dad who has a kid on a team whose Coach wasn't chosen to be part of this team. Stop being so transparent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
top-tier, no-tier, A, B, C, D, Hold-back, Double-hold back, playing up, A, LSM, etc.....i think you get it?? The point is it doesn't matter at this age, that is unless a parent is willing to spend $900 on just tryout/tuition...if a kid wants to really do this, then I'm ok with that.

I am voicing my opinion because I don't want these people to get taken advantage of...that's it. If you do truly have 4 kids and honestly have been thru this before, you already know this event offers nothing, other than having a kid play expensive lacrosse already on top of a long and expensive season. Recruitng at the earliest and showcases where kids will step their toe in the water will only begin in 7th grade, and that's a completely whole other discussion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i know one dad in my town that would want nothing more than flaunt his kid around in his "Long Island" gear. Than again he is a tool

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's a 91 tourney

It's a 91 tourney

Don't think so. You mean you haven't been spammed aboutbhis camp at Hopkins the same weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i know one dad in my town that would want nothing more than flaunt his kid around in his "Long Island" gear. Than again he is a tool

So its sounds like his boy would make it and yours wouldn't. Jealousy at its best

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its a warrior tourney, what team is sponsored by warrior. money grab

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my son wanted to try out, so i said ok. he is not top tier, but better than middle of the road. he will play in some scrimmages, have some fun, see kids he has met in camps and team try outs. meet some new kids he doesn't know, he loves playing the game. its a saturday afternoon in april, i will spend the day with my son and it gets me out of yard work too. worth the $.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious. why does 91 only have the wolf pack in 2024? ever other year has 2. almost every other big program has 2 at that year. didn't they have a 2nd team 2 years ago?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious. why does 91 only have the wolf pack in 2024? ever other year has 2. almost every other big program has 2 at that year. didn't they have a 2nd team 2 years ago?

They had a second team 2 years ago but the coach moved over to Express and most the kids followed.
Goes to show it's the coach people followed not the program.

Page 44 of 91 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 90 91

Link Copied to Clipboard