BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 77 of 327 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A player may be very good and can get a spot on some D1 school with little to no scholarship $. Same player may get a $ offer to play at a D2 school which also may be a better academic school. Some will choose to go D1 for pride I guess, but many D1 worthy players opt for D2. Everyone has their own needs to fill with tons of pro and cons for any school under consideration, don't get hung up on playing D1 for all the wrong reasons.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Dude....chill out! No one is berating those who played club lacrosse. Just answering a previous posters question. And you are right.....most top 40 schools will prefer a girl that plays club. But since there is no pro league for our young ladies...why not attend a school where a good education is achieved and the financial burden is lessened. I'm happy for any girl that plays in college regardless of level......its the parents of these girls that I dislike.

Talk about someone needing to chill out, you dislike all parents who have kids playing travel. What previous posters question where you answering?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me clarify. In my experience; a FEW, not ALL club lacrosse parents are self-centered and arrogant; as in life. They insist that they hold more importance than they truly do. The lies, bragging,demeaning behavior,etc. That is what I dislike.

But I understand that is the way it is. I told whomever to chill out due to the fact that they chose to reply to a post of mine in a profane manner; something that the poster would not do offline.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me clarify. In my experience; a FEW, not ALL club lacrosse parents are self-centered and arrogant; as in life. They insist that they hold more importance than they truly do. The lies, bragging,demeaning behavior,etc. That is what I dislike.

But I understand that is the way it is. I told whomever to chill out due to the fact that they chose to reply to a post of mine in a profane manner; something that the poster would not do offline.

First off ,hard to say who has posted what but someone stated 2 kids from their HS playing d1 with no club experience and no one has yet to answer what high school and what college programs they are playing for .Actually was just curious but now makes me suspicious .When you come on a forum dedicated to people who hope that the money they are spending will one day get their child into a d1 program and essentially tell them they are wasting their money you are a ----stirrer .I also would not bet against that person telling you the same thing offline.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you come on a forum dedicated to people who hope that the money they are spending will one day get their child into a d1 program and essentially tell them they are wasting their money you are a ----stirrer .I also would not bet against that person telling you the same thing offline.

Find any post that clearly stated that a parent who chooses to have their daughter participate in club lacrosse is wasting their money; I will take ownership of such post. But; you won't find one due to the fact that no such post was written.

Seriously; look at club lacrosse as a financial investment. Some willl be successful; as some will fail. And as for the offline comments; cowardice rules strongly!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how much the YJ college recruiting service costs?

$2500

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

$2500
Dear Readers : The Yellow Jackets Recruiting Service has been discussed ad-nauseum for non-Yellow Jackets and currently Yellow Jackets players alike over the last two years. If you want to know more about this program and its features, please contact the Yellow Jackets directly. BOTC will not be hosting another (annual) discussion covering this services.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you come on a forum dedicated to people who hope that the money they are spending will one day get their child into a d1 program and essentially tell them they are wasting their money you are a ----stirrer .I also would not bet against that person telling you the same thing offline.

Find any post that clearly stated that a parent who chooses to have their daughter participate in club lacrosse is wasting their money; I will take ownership of such post. But; you won't find one due to the fact that no such post was written.

Seriously; look at club lacrosse as a financial investment. Some willl be successful; as some will fail. And as for the offline comments; cowardice rules strongly!

Seriously look at it as a nice activity for your kid to participate in and improve their lacrosse skills, as a financial investment would be silly.For any of us including yourself who post anonymously to call others cowards is just as silly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After all the investment in travel lacrosse you will need about about a .25 scholarship for 4 years to get your money back.

Not unrealistic, but still tough to get. You better really love the game and the travel experience otherwise get her a tutor, keep those grades up and take a trip to hawaii with the extra cash.

Good luck to everyone and enjoy your summers together they go by quickly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$2500

That figure is incorrect so as posted below contact the YJ directly to get accurate info

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any opinions on the ever changing names for the teams in the same age group? "Jones Beach","Robert Moses", "Fire Island" etc...Makes me wish we had Blue, Gold, Green again LOL. Just saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After all the investment in travel lacrosse you will need about about a .25 scholarship for 4 years to get your money back.

Not unrealistic, but still tough to get. You better really love the game and the travel experience otherwise get her a tutor, keep those grades up and take a trip to hawaii with the extra cash.

Good luck to everyone and enjoy your summers together they go by quickly.
Thats a nice post but.... Even if your daughter has excellent grades there is no guarantee your daughter is going to get into her college of choice. Every college only allows a certain number of students to enroll, and all D-1 schools allot a portion of that for athletes. Don't be fooled by these parents. It has to be a balance of good grades and lacrosse talent, and even that gives no guarantee. Lacrosse must be used as a piece of the puzzle. so let this parent go to Hawaii. Hopefully we will be sitting next to each other in the stands of our child's first choice college, rooting them on together, Me with a Liberty hat , you with a yellow jacket hat , and both of us with a UVA sweatshirt on. Good Luck. and keep those grades up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any opinions on the ever changing names for the teams in the same age group? "Jones Beach","Robert Moses", "Fire Island" etc...Makes me wish we had Blue, Gold, Green again LOL. Just saying.

My opinion is that I would rather see them do this when off-season events especially with mixed teams and teams not at full strength as opposed to what TG does in letting some dad select the kids who are allowed tp play and calling them TG

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

$2500
Dear Readers : The Yellow Jackets Recruiting Service has been discussed ad-nauseum for non-Yellow Jackets and currently Yellow Jackets players alike over the last two years. If you want to know more about this program and its features, please contact the Yellow Jackets directly. BOTC will not be hosting another (annual) discussion covering this services.

Cage Sage, you won't do anything to offend the YJ because you do not want to lose her money. If this was an honest site you would let people voice their experiences about the YJ's as you do every other club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My opinion is that I would rather see them do this when off-season events especially with mixed teams and teams not at full strength as opposed to what TG does in letting some dad select the kids who are allowed tp play and calling them TG

No need to bring TG into this. Oh, I am a YJ parent

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Cage Sage, you won't do anything to offend the YJ because you do not want to lose her money. If this was an honest site you would let people voice their experiences about the YJ's as you do every other club
Give a call to the Yellow Jackets and ask how much business they have done with BOTC over the last year. As for giving the public a voice, BOTC has given a pretty wide berth for discussions across the board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Give a call to the Yellow Jackets and ask how much business they have done with BOTC over the last year. As for giving the public a voice, BOTC has given a pretty wide berth for discussions across the board.

CageSage your site is very balanced and allows for a diverse variety of opinions. Keep up the good work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't worry some tournaments Yellow Jackets have parent coaches and even when just for fun play the same players and not others...it's not just TG!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know how to contact the vendor who sold spunkwear at the lax for hope tournament today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just happen to have their card from a summer tourney

Sheilah Ruppert

410 924-8967

P.O. Box 122
Chester MD 21619

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't worry some tournaments Yellow Jackets have parent coaches and even when just for fun play the same players and not others...it's not just TG!!

there's parent coaching of summer teams at virtually every age group in yj, is this a surprise to anyone?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

there's parent coaching of summer teams at virtually every age group in yj, is this a surprise to anyone?

There's a difference between a parent coaching who has no kid on team and a parent coaching his kid!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There's a difference between a parent coaching who has no kid on team and a parent coaching his kid!!!

Tell yourself whatever you need to in order to justify this, but if you look at all your rosters I would venture to guess that there's a parent with a kid at almost every level - has been that way for years - Team Elevate is the only place where it might be even worse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
]

Actually there are hardly any parent coaches at YJ
2014 level NONE
2015 level one who is with HS varsity coach
2016 level one
2017 level one who is a HS lax coach
2018 level none
2019 level none
2020 level none

So not sure what you mean by all these parents it does not exist

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 has a parent coach !
Actually has two kids on team , why she is invited to return this year is still questionable clueless , unless she has something on cr ??

]

2014 level NONE
2016 level one
2018 level none
2019 level none
2020 level none

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you soooo much

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha ha that's hysterical , and soooo true that coach is a total train wreck who trys her hardest to look composed in front of team but is frazzled herself how she got the job.
Most definatly has some dark hidden secret that keeps on continuing to coach her kids .

Actually has two kids on team , why she is invited to return this year is still questionable clueless , unless she has something on cr ??

]

2014 level NONE
2016 level one
2018 level none
2019 level none
2020 level none

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

]

2014 level NONE
2016 level one
2018 level none
2019 level none
2020 level none

Really?
2015 has a parent coach who had NO experience in lax. Could never figure it out. Oh, yea he is retired with nothing to do. Really?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2014 level NONE
2016 level one
2018 level none
2019 level none
2020 level none

Really?
2015 has a parent coach who had NO experience in lax. Could never figure it out. Oh, yea he is retired with nothing to do. Really?

Isn't 2015 "two parent coaches", one being a Boys Varsity HS coach. Both w/ children on the team....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
]

2014 level NONE
2016 level one
2018 level none
2019 level none
2020 level none

Most fall under the assistant coach umbrella - for example the 2020 Blue has an assistant coach whose kid is on the team, does that somehow not count?? and there are plenty of other instances of the same throughout the program, take a good look when rosters are posted in december

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 blue assistant is a varsity head coach not just any old parent coach that's the difference. So what kid is on team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 blue assistant is a varsity head coach not just any old parent coach that's the difference. So what kid is on team

Just realize that it is what it is, parents coaching teams with kids on them at virtually all levels, as soon as you posted several people were able to point out various teams that directly contradicted your statement, credentials aren't the issue, the conflicts that come with parent coaching are, you don't need to be a brain surgeon to figure it out, if there's a coach with the same last name as a kid on the roster odds are they're related - and as an aside, the fact that someone coaches a sport at HS or Jr HS level more often than not means very little

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 third string team.. Head coach , parent of two on team ,oh and absolutely correct on above statements.
what rock did she crawl out from under? atleast get a talented leader who can teach the less skilled girls the game so they may have a chance to move up instead of being stuck in a rut and help out with a financial win for a parent coach .
Good luck but we passed this year with YJ politics !

2014 level NONE
2016 level one
2018 level none
2019 level none
2020 level none

Most fall under the assistant coach umbrella - for example the 2020 Blue has an assistant coach whose kid is on the team, does that somehow not count?? and there are plenty of other instances of the same throughout the program, take a good look when rosters are posted in december

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever you may be sold with hs coaches being involved in your daughters game for travel , unless the school has a phenomenal record and is proven with titles under that coaches belt it absolutely means nothing ! Chances are that coach is a teacher who applied for extra cash in the envelope at her school , utilized her title for travel so she saves money to put her kid on a team and with all that has no experience in game , but certainly can mimic the job as a coach by textbook !
Don't be so gullible .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes one of the coaches was a dad without coaching experience who helped lead that team to three undefeated seasons. I guess having a title isnt everything! The bottom line is that both coaches, whether dad/coaches/whatever, got the job done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever you may be sold with hs coaches being involved in your daughters game for travel , unless the school has a phenomenal record and is proven with titles under that coaches belt it absolutely means nothing ! Chances are that coach is a teacher who applied for extra cash in the envelope at her school , utilized her title for travel so she saves money to put her kid on a team and with all that has no experience in game , but certainly can mimic the job as a coach by textbook !
Don't be so gullible .

Lol...Laughing at this post. So stupid it doesn't deserve response...from anyone. Hahaha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is. It legal to use State Park names in this way?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2020 blue has a varsity head coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While having a coach with a child on the team may come with some baggage I have seen many times where it turns out to be an advantage.Many times that coach is more motivated to have his or her daughter on a successful team and puts in the extra work.To think that any of these coaches even without kids on the team will be less biased is also naive ,many of these coaches have ulterior reasons such as making their school team stronger and are thus biased to the kids from their district. The main problem I have seen is many times these coaches have kids who maybe are not as skilled as the team they are placed on but with 24 or so kids per team 1 child will only have a minor impact ( does create issues with kids on lower level team who have parents who think they should be on the higher team).Also just curious which travel team out there is it that thinks their coaches are so great.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Is. It legal to use State Park names in this way?
Robert Moses was a person; Fire Island and Jones Beach are places. None of these names are trademarked.

Like Reply Quote
Page 77 of 327 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard