BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,735
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 91 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 90 91
Re: Boys 2024 5th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all need to step up together and write letters to the director of the PAL and your own league director. You can't be afraid to step up. It's important to do what's right by all the kids. They have to act if there is a problem. If there are no concrete issues you may have a difficult time having him removed. If that's the case the group can ask for a release of their child to play somewhere else. Or if they don't get rid of him, don't play PAL. Play on a low level travel team like Mamas boys where it's affordable and your sons skills will still improve.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I guess the question is. Can a child that has spent his youth playing for b teams in b tourneys still have a chance to play at a higher level when that time comes? I'm more curious what parents with older kids have experienced? In 8th 9th and 10th grade. If you are still playing for a B team. In B tourneys for whatever reasons. Would you say it's much much harder to play at the next level due to lack of exposure?

Been in your shoes my friend. Current College D3 player. Had many D3, D2 schools look at him between 11th and 12th grade. Even had 1 or 2 light looks from Low D1 programs. So, how did my B team guy get to that point? First you need to make sure your son really loves this sport and wants to excel at it. Yours is still real young. Mine wanted to be better around 6th grade. We went to a B level travel team. Only three clubs on LI at that time. We tried to have him play against best competition, and with best players he could find. The major key here is stick development, and overall skill development. Unfortunately, this takes money and time on your part. I found a great lax guy, who constantly corrected, and taught my son how to move, shoot, and shoot on the run. (number 1 skill for offensive player) If yours is a defensive kid, find a guy that knows footwork, and takeaway check skills. You need to train over and over to master these skills,year round. Don't give up other sports, but continue training once a week. Continue to find best players to play with.
As he gets older, find opportunities to have him play against older better kids, (if he can handle it physically)let him get his [lacrosse] handed to him. Makes them better on age!
Next thing, as soon as he starts maturing and even before, get him in well known strength training program year round. Doctors at special surgery have found low weight full body strength training is appropriate for kids as young as 9 or 10. Anyone who tells your otherwise, including pediatrician, is clueless.
Lets review:
-Make sure your son wants this, and continue to monitor his motivation
-train, train, train, keep playing the other sports he wants to play. Don't force second sport. One high D3 and one top 25 D1 kid here who gave up second sports in MS. Their Choice.
-play up where he can
-play with best kids you can, and against best competition
-strength training sooner rather than later, (NO SHOOTS AND LADDERS SPEED JUNK,) strength equals speed and agility. Never forget this!
- keep making sure they want to do this
- getting recruited isn't easy
- train, train, train
When gets older, there are so many showcases and individual events to get recruited out of.
Hope this helps!
My b team kid will play his senior year in college. Been playing since he was in 1st grade. In the gym today in the snow! Goes back to practice in snow and cold next week. Sounds like fun? They have to love it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post.

"Play up where he can." Do you think this really is a good idea? Be very good for current level, be confident, be looked up to. Or go up a year, be average, be in a more competitive spot, not play as much.

Not sure the best way to go. My son is a very good 2025 and plays up on a top 5 2024 (my opinion relax all). This is our first year doing it. Not sure if it was the right move. Would be interested to hear from anyone here with logical experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post.

"Play up where he can." Do you think this really is a good idea? Be very good for current level, be confident, be looked up to. Or go up a year, be average, be in a more competitive spot, not play as much.

Not sure the best way to go. My son is a very good 2025 and plays up on a top 5 2024 (my opinion relax all). This is our first year doing it. Not sure if it was the right move. Would be interested to hear from anyone here with logical experience.

Do you mind my asking which club your son plays with? My 2025 is doing the same....and here is the feedback that I've been given so far
There is no right answer. It depends on the kid and how they will react. Personally, I like the idea -- especially at a young age.

If they have the skills developed to be competitive (or the coaching emphasis to close the gap), being challenged by kids that will be a little bigger, stronger & quicker will only help his game. Should this turn out to fit your son, keep him playing up as much as possible

If he isn't competitive, you need to make sure he doesn't get discouraged. Hopefully this isn't the case, but if it is look to get him back on age until he is ready

Good luck to your boy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post.

Do you mind my asking which club your son plays with? My 2025 is doing the same....and here is the feedback that I've been given so far
There is no right answer. It depends on the kid and how they will react. Personally, I like the idea -- especially at a young age.

If they have the skills developed to be competitive (or the coaching emphasis to close the gap), being challenged by kids that will be a little bigger, stronger & quicker will only help his game. Should this turn out to fit your son, keep him playing up as much as possible

If he isn't competitive, you need to make sure he doesn't get discouraged. Hopefully this isn't the case, but if it is look to get him back on age until he is ready

Good luck to your boy

Thank you, and to yours. Good information and thoughts. I am not going to post the club name, will just get trashed by those who enjoy anonymous bashing. Discouragement is the scary part, hoping it does not go there.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess the question is. Can a child that has spent his youth playing for b teams in b tourneys still have a chance to play at a higher level when that time comes? I'm more curious what parents with older kids have experienced? In 8th 9th and 10th grade. If you are still playing for a B team. In B tourneys for whatever reasons. Would you say it's much much harder to play at the next level due to lack of exposure?

This is 5th grade Lacrosse! There are only 3 true A teams on Long Island right now. One- that will change as they get older. Two,there is a alot ALOT of talent on the so-called AA and B teams.and they are all developing. Dont worry about college looks! worry about and making sure your sons are having fun and developing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is 5th grade Lacrosse! There are only 3 true A teams on Long Island right now. One- that will change as they get older. Two,there is a alot ALOT of talent on the so-called AA and B teams.and they are all developing. Dont worry about college looks! worry about and making sure your sons are having fun and developing.

I think the order is AA, A, and then B . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There r 2 great teams and then everyone else. On any day the other teams can all win or lose to each other depending on who got more sleep or not. All the rest of the teams have a couple solid players, each team has pieces missing.

A, AA, B is all nonsense at this age. Silly talk between men who should know better.
The only real thing that matters is the coach and if you like his style. If your son is learning and having fun you are way ahead of the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post.

Good luck to your boy

Thank you, and to yours. Good information and thoughts. I am not going to post the club name, will just get trashed by those who enjoy anonymous bashing. Discouragement is the scary part, hoping it does not go there.

Big fan on the better the competition - the better the plater. Practice included. Smart move in my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There r 2 great teams and then everyone else. On any day the other teams can all win or lose to each other depending on who got more sleep or not. All the rest of the teams have a couple solid players, each team has pieces missing.

A, AA, B is all nonsense at this age. Silly talk between men who should know better.
The only real thing that matters is the coach and if you like his style. If your son is learning and having fun you are way ahead of the game.

3 A teams

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh boy not this again. This has been hammered to the ground.
Let it be. Its embarrassing.2 Teams win against every other travel club by 10 goals.... No other clubs do this.

Hopefully by spring things will change.. But this falls measurements have only widened the gap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3 A teams

Just wondering who is the 3rd After Taz and WP.. because it could be any of them...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3 A teams

Just wondering who is the 3rd After Taz and WP.. because it could be any of them...

the team his son is on, of course

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's madlax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's madlax.

He said Long island. They aren't on LI.Stay with us here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's madlax.

Whew, I was worried we would have to hear about express again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 true AA teams here on LI...after that there are 5 A teams, Than the rest that are learning are B.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays on one of those two 2024 AA programs, not on the AA team in that program but their 2nd team. My son's team has crossed paths with all those A team's, the game's are becoming games and we enjoy playing them with big smiles on our faces. With the innumberable amount of practices coupled with the extraordinary commitment by the coaches this team should be a top contender In that A pool in next upcoming years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays on one of those two 2024 AA programs, not on the AA team in that program but their 2nd team. My son's team has crossed paths with all those A team's, the game's are becoming games and we enjoy playing them with big smiles on our faces. With the innumberable amount of practices coupled with the extraordinary commitment by the coaches this team should be a top contender In that A pool in next upcoming years.

Ok I'll take the bait. Legacy b is not competitive. Junior doesn't have the talent. Better off bringing the bounce back to practice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok Sherlock. This group has recently tied 91 north, beat all non A teams and holds its own for many minutes againts A teams. The progress the team is making is on course to compete an entire game against that pool.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok Sherlock. This group has recently tied 91 north, beat all non A teams and holds its own for many minutes againts A teams. The progress the team is making is on course to compete an entire game against that pool.

Sorry, nope. The talent is too concentrated. One line might not get blown out, but Tournament Lacrosse is a grind and the teams other than the top two just are not deep enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok. Sounds like you did lots of research on boys 10 year old lacrosse teams. Nothing to abnormal aboyt that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll bite, what team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll bite, what team?

You are saying Storm is going to be an A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3 A teams

the team his son is on, of course

Express can play with Taz. And should be considered in the A conversation. they proved it in last game. 6-6 at half.Be honest TAZ daddie No one is saying they are better then taz. But they are an A team now with the new kids that have been added. Nothing wrong with a little more competition in age group for this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So now we are hanging our Hats on half time scores?

Seriously.. Thats the lesson?

If TAZ or WP doesn't win by more than 10 then the silly chatter begins. Dads find some stat that makes them sleep better at night.
It's ok to play for Express or 24 or Outlaws or even igloo.. ITS OK.. ITS OK!!

Half Time score!! Wake up people!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 North?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need to realize losing by double digit goals is not proving anything.
Once most teams go up big they take their foot off the gas, substitute every player and mix in new plays..
While your A team is still chomping at the bit and running their starters into the ground to try and make it a game
Let the team prove it on the field,and don't pick out a time during the game where the score is close.It makes it sound so desperate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need to realize losing by double digit goals is not proving anything.
Once most teams go up big they take their foot off the gas, substitute every player and mix in new plays..
While your A team is still chomping at the bit and running their starters into the ground to try and make it a game
Let the team prove it on the field,and don't pick out a time during the game where the score is close.It makes it sound so desperate.

Do you remember when the pack would beat Taz by double digits?It was not long ago. Then Taz would start to make it closer.then Hello! you finally beat them.Its called growth and that brings on parity.It happens in youth sports.No need to fear enjoy the ride.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was 3 Rosters ago. Not even close to the same team.
Outlaws played WP and the score was 0-0 for awhile at the beginning....
Anyone's game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So now we are hanging our Hats on half time scores?

Seriously.. Thats the lesson?

If TAZ or WP doesn't win by more than 10 then the silly chatter begins. Dads find some stat that makes them sleep better at night.
It's ok to play for Express or 24 or Outlaws or even igloo.. ITS OK.. ITS OK!!

Half Time score!! Wake up people!!!

Not igloo. red headed step child of the club

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
third grade???
WOW, you still holding on tight

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guys stop the nonsense...Its Taz, WP who are the true AA...then A consists of Express ( Schwalje) , Outlaws Select, Igloo, Longboards, Express O'Reilly, Team LI, 91 Tri-State....everyone else after that. Pretty close to that order. Bottom line is we have good competition here on LI and hopefully represent when we travel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guys stop the nonsense...Its Taz, WP who are the true AA...then A consists of Express ( Schwalje) , Outlaws Select, Igloo, Longboards, Express O'Reilly, Team LI, 91 Tri-State....everyone else after that. Pretty close to that order. Bottom line is we have good competition here on LI and hopefully represent when we travel.

Even better...with all these teams...WHY TRAVEL!!!! LI tournaments only!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So Express B is an A team? I think not. Please don't start that again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express B should be in conversation. But Longboard's is a pickup team if Taz is not playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was 3 Rosters ago. Not even close to the same team.
Outlaws played WP and the score was 0-0 for awhile at the beginning....
Anyone's game.

Ok Brad, what happened when your nap was over? have you even practiced this winter?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of the above...............it's 5th grade lacrosse, which means absolutely nothing other than the kids she be having FUN. If they are not, something is wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
express oreilly can hang with any of those other team besides Taz and WP who are much better. Are those teams listed better, probably, but both express teams are competitive. This year express A has upgraded and is much better. remember for tournament purposes it goes AA, A, then B. Are both express team "A" ? Yes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they are B but have beaten or played close games with the teams above outside of Taz and WP.

Page 35 of 91 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 90 91

Link Copied to Clipboard