BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,968
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 32 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 31 32
Re: Boys 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This must me a joke. A couple of weeks ago Prime time lost to Carolina Also I saw Primetime struggle in a one goal win against 3d Colarado who is awful and Lost to Buck town. Prime time is not in the top 15 and would get beat by all of Long Islands top six teams.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Primetime hands down best 2021 program in the East....picked up a bunch of studs you all will see next summer!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This must me a joke. A couple of weeks ago Prime time lost to Carolina Also I saw Primetime struggle in a one goal win against 3d Colarado who is awful and Lost to Buck town. Prime time is not in the top 15 and would get beat by all of Long Islands top six teams.

Primetime hands down best 2021 program in the East....picked up a bunch of studs you all will see next summer!

Fall means nothing my friend, many of the kids don't play in the fall, totally different team next summer and they still dominated in fall. Just saying, keep an eye out, haters can hate (as per above).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stating facts is not hate. You may not like the facts and scores but they lost to Carolona and beat a team by one that lost to a PAL level team. I think that is more of an indication of how good prime time is and how good they will be than someone saying on here that they are the best in the east without a shred of evidence. Did you see every team play in the east? Goid luck this season in doing better than they did in the Fall.

Fall means nothing my friend, many of the kids don't play in the fall, totally different team next summer and they still dominated in fall. Just saying, keep an eye out, haters can hate (as per above).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After Li, what do you guys think will be the next brine team? CT? MD? Texas? West?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have their son play club lacrosse because their son likes the game and likes to compete? I find it comical that most posts end up talking about recruiting. Wake up a majority of our sons are not playing big time D1 lacrosse. Express, 91, Igloo, Icon, Outlaws, True Blue etc. That is 100 boys right there plus at least the first three programs have a second team. Yes the top few players on each team will play D1. The top teams will probably have several more who play D1. The rest are dreaming. Except in rare cases the scholarship money is not that significant. Teach your kid how to love the game and enjoy the highest level of competition. The rest will work itself out.

While I fully agree with most of what you posted, True Blue's 2017 class has at least 7 boys going on to play DI lacrosse. In that they are not even a top tier program, I am not sure your assessment about how many LI boys will play DI is accurate - but, yes, there is little lax scholarship money available for anyone given that every team has 12.6 scholarships, max, for teams of 40+.

I agree with what you say as well. As a counterpoint, though, consider if most of your 2021 team wants to play in college; if folks know college coaches will be looking at 2021's this Summer; age 13 or 14 is too young to know if your kid is going to grow into DI material; and your son's favorite team, like JHU or UNC, will basically fill its 2021 recruiting class by the end of August 2017. How can you as a coach not take recruiting into account when you make your 2017 plans? How can you expect parents not to care - and sports parents are generally pretty crazy in terms of thinking little Johnny will be the next Paul Rabil and frantically looking for greener pastures versus their kid having fun.

For example, take a 2021 team that will probably have a number of potential D3 and probably no DI players. But you don't know. The team might have six DI players if they all grew to 6'2". That 90-lb 14 year old might have size 11 feet and dad that played pro sports for a couple years after college.

Until kids grow, however, I don't see the point of chasing PS Showcase, or Black Card or Showtime or Jake Reed, and it will suck if they turn out to be good enough but lose their 2021 recruiting spots to early maturers and reclasses. But, thank god, it shouldn't suck that much now that Duke and UVA are slowing down their recruiting timetable and ND was already slow. My point is only is that if you are eventually good enough, you will be OK even if you can't go to UNC or JHU (although that really would suck if you were in-state in NC).

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can help with this. Your kid isn't playing at UVA, UNC or ND. Or JHU for that matter. How do I know that? Playing the odds.

There are 108,000 high school lacrosse players in the U.S. Each of the schools above will take a class of about 12 players in a year. So, in total 48 players. So your kid has a 0.04% chance of playing at one of those schools. Good luck with that!

Play for the love of the game. Not to get some elusive scholarship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read the post...lost to whoever without majority of team. You will see ....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can help with this. Your kid isn't playing at UVA, UNC or ND. Or JHU for that matter. How do I know that? Playing the odds.

There are 108,000 high school lacrosse players in the U.S. Each of the schools above will take a class of about 12 players in a year. So, in total 48 players. So your kid has a 0.04% chance of playing at one of those schools. Good luck with that!

How many club parents do you think believe their kid is the exception?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To many,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mine is as is his younger brother. Most of our club team players are the exception also. Our former D1 coach says that entire team besides a few will be D1. Now for the rest of you..Dream on!! Most of you parents need to get a clue. Only a few of us will make it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mine is as is his younger brother. Most of our club team players are the exception also. Our former D1 coach says that entire team besides a few will be D1. Now for the rest of you..Dream on!! Most of you parents need to get a clue. Only a few of us will make it.

Did he say that right before your tuition payment was due?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it's great when a club team or as HS team can have 15-20 D1 commits. They are surely well-coached, really good lacrosse players with excellent connections.

What I think is really interesting is whether D1 programs that stock up on early recruits from the top clubs and HS's - who have all the skills in the world - will fare versus programs that cherry pick some hotbed kids but also try to grab the best athletes in the entire school from the Southeast, West Coast and Midwest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He may be right, Prime Time 2020 is now 80% reclassified players, and this summer is when the reclassified 9th graders can 'legitimately' play 2021. 'Studs' is the new code word for hold-backs, and Prime Time is the new leader in that category in the Northeast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's already happening! The days of the 2nd tier high IQ and high skill kids lacking high athleticism or size from pedigreed programs and HS are now being bypassed by better athletes from the non-traditional areas that have a much higher upside.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What will be the next best brine team after Li?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever team that the LI team beats in the Championship. My guess would be Maryland, since they have a later cut off date for school, so our 13 & 14 year old rising ninth graders will be playing against their 15 year old rising ninth graders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever team that the LI team beats in the Championship. My guess would be Maryland, since they have a later cut off date for school, so our 13 & 14 year old rising ninth graders will be playing against their 15 year old rising ninth graders.

The top MD kids don't try out for Brine for the most part. It's no longer considered an elite event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
igloo BI players going back to Denver for WSYL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they meet the age requirements, then who cares its age based not grade!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure Blaze will do the same. At least they are in the program. The team that Legacy put together was not even made up of Legacy kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure Blaze will do the same. At least they are in the program. The team that Legacy put together was not even made up of Legacy kids.

Speaking of NUTS! Your all NUTS!!! That was way too easy, LOL. BOI!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FREDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! igloo/zoom nuts 20/21 whatever...FREDDDY!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I like the change of name from [******] to Zumnuts better. At least I know who people are talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about. I see you must like Trump...just say whatever c$@p comes out of your mouth and it must be true. Smh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Carolina 2021 recently beat Prime Time 2021 8-7 at fl$ in 3D. Great game by two talented teams. Tight game the whole way; came down to a TC goal and defensive stop in the final minute.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about. I see you must like Trump...just say whatever c$@p comes out of your mouth and it must be true. Smh

Make 8th grade Lacrosse Great Again!!!! TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Make 8th grade Lacrosse Great Again!!!! TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

That is because Legacy computer's and rosters were hacked by Russians. Rootin Putin had it out for Legacy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just to dispel some serious misinformation about lacrosse recruiting, I need to share some information. A friend of mine brought his son to Syracuse yesterday to their Prospect Day. It was a combination of invited kids and kids who showed up and was open to 2019, 2020, and 2021. There were 4 2021 kids there and none of them were invited. The other 90 plus kids were 2019, and 2020. So if one of the top lax schools in the country is inviting 2019 and 2020 kids, then stop saying that if you don't get an offer in 8th grade, you are done. By the way, the talent was ridiculously good. One kid from Ottawa was incredible, and a long pole from BBL was outstanding.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I spoke to a dad of 2 boys who both committed to major D1 Schools. He said that he avoided the Prospect Days in 8th grade so that his sons wouldn't get labeled too early by the coaches. Sure they may look at them and say that they are only 8th grade, but that first impression against 9th and 10th graders could really hurt them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just to dispel some serious misinformation about lacrosse recruiting, I need to share some information. A friend of mine brought his son to Syracuse yesterday to their Prospect Day. It was a combination of invited kids and kids who showed up and was open to 2019, 2020, and 2021. There were 4 2021 kids there and none of them were invited. The other 90 plus kids were 2019, and 2020. So if one of the top lax schools in the country is inviting 2019 and 2020 kids, then stop saying that if you don't get an offer in 8th grade, you are done. By the way, the talent was ridiculously good. One kid from Ottawa was incredible, and a long pole from BBL was outstanding.

Stop it. "the old, A friend of mine" but ends with saying the talent was ridiculously good. Just say you were there, there was 50-60 kids, not 90. End it with, it was a great environment to get showcased with 3 teams going round robin after drills. Worth its weight if either a pipe dream or reality.

Additionally, you called out players and used words like incredible and outstanding but didnt call out IMHO the biggest change changer of the day (red helmet knee brace fogo) that is a shame! I also thought there were '18's there just disguised as 20's. Finally, IMHO, thought the 2021's didnt bring anything to the table.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was there, and yes, the 2021's didn't shine, but weren't out of place either. I don't remember Red helmet, but do remember the 6'2" Ottawa kid who looked great, and the BBL kid who was a beast on defense. Totally agree that it was worth it for everyone who went, even the 2021's. According to the jersey numbers there were about 68 there, as 168 was the highest number and they were all 100 series numbers. I tell you what, it was a real eye opener for my kid. He was couldn't believe how good the kids were, but calmed down and felt better after the scrimmage. This is not something for the average kid to do, but a great thing for the kids who seriously think that they can play D1 ball. One parent I spoke to felt that it was a mistake to bring 2021's as the person who posted stated because they could get labeled as too small, slow, etc. I don't agree. I also agree that nobody should panic as a 2021 if they don't get a D1 offer. There was plenty of 2019 talent, and yes, there were 17 year olds, my kid said that several admitted to it. And yes, the coaches care more about ability at age than grade. Desko said that they are looking for the basics from the young boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nobody should panic as a 2021 if they don't get a D1 offer... Am I the only one taking crazy pills?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was there, and yes, the 2021's didn't shine, but weren't out of place either. I don't remember Red helmet, but do remember the 6'2" Ottawa kid who looked great, and the BBL kid who was a beast on defense. Totally agree that it was worth it for everyone who went, even the 2021's. According to the jersey numbers there were about 68 there, as 168 was the highest number and they were all 100 series numbers. I tell you what, it was a real eye opener for my kid. He was couldn't believe how good the kids were, but calmed down and felt better after the scrimmage. This is not something for the average kid to do, but a great thing for the kids who seriously think that they can play D1 ball. One parent I spoke to felt that it was a mistake to bring 2021's as the person who posted stated because they could get labeled as too small, slow, etc. I don't agree. I also agree that nobody should panic as a 2021 if they don't get a D1 offer. There was plenty of 2019 talent, and yes, there were 17 year olds, my kid said that several admitted to it. And yes, the coaches care more about ability at age than grade. Desko said that they are looking for the basics from the young boys.

Sorry I didnt see any defensive players who stood out and I saw the BBL kid. thick and strong but not studly. Like most of the poles did not display a high IQ. Not the BBL kid, but the poles pushed way to much.

To me only one team stood out. Ottawa lefty was good but lots of talent on that team. middie in the gold helmet, the two other attack/middie in the black helmets. I don't think any defensemen/goalies stopped that offense. They fed off the face off wins and the face off kid got the reps from them. Face off kid was unstoppable and probably led to the coaches doing goalie clears instead of faceoffs. That team played well together. A few of us dads thought they knew each other.

I am sorry if you didnt recognize the face off kid. But that team had two good middies and 3 good attack.

17 year olds??? Not too sure. Think it was a good day for 19/20's not sure about 21's. Dads were very up front about the boys ages; there were 16 year old freshman and 15 year old sophomores.

Great day and great experience. Not sold on 8th graders as a whole attending these but that's just me. You 21's have a big summer ahead of you but it is not the be all end all. Wonder if anyone got any calls or imvites after their play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Face off kids look good when they have little to no competition, which is usually the case at prospect days, so please stop promoting this kid as great. The coaches know this as well and will not recruit that position until they see the kid go up against the strongest kids in the grade and fair well.

As for 8th graders. Yes, they are on the radar and will begin to commit in just a few months. The will be scouted a couple more times to look for consistency, and you should have the first few by late May/Early June.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happy Holidays everyone. Looking foward to an exciting 2017. Many of the boys are taking lax much more seriously this year, so there will be more talent. Enjoy this New Years with your family.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Face off kids look good when they have little to no competition, which is usually the case at prospect days, so please stop promoting this kid as great. The coaches know this as well and will not recruit that position until they see the kid go up against the strongest kids in the grade and fair well.

As for 8th graders. Yes, they are on the radar and will begin to commit in just a few months. The will be scouted a couple more times to look for consistency, and you should have the first few by late May/Early June.

Lol, you know, a defenseman looks good if he doesn't play solid attack. stop promoting the BBL defense men. Use your same logic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did 9+1 lose to Eagle in the NE Box tourney?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HOW IS THE DRUNK EXPRESS COACH WORKING OUT !!!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B

It is still very impressive that an unknown Philly team could beat any of the 9+1 teams.

Page 15 of 32 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard