BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,756
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21
Re: Girls 2019 - 10th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You all keep talking about whole clubs and regions and this and that. It is one team. One age group. And yes they r a top 5 team. Get over it already. Why is it so hard for you people to understand and accept? The college coaches have.

Who have they beat in championship format tournaments? Never made it out of the pool in lax for the cure, how did national draw go?[/quote]

You people are funny. Have never played in lax for the cure in the summer. So you are correct. They have never been an oh so significant "championship format" tournament at Lax For the Cure. Weird that you think they have. At National Draw, the only time this 2019 team played in it was this year. They were missing their best player (Notre Dame) and had a roster of 22. Again, you people don't seem to understand the point. The club doesn't play these tournaments to win them. Wish they did, but not how they operate. Treat every one of them like showcases. You can keep beating your chests over these 20 minute championship games if you want. It's fine. The college coaches think of ME 2019 as a top 5 team. It's really all that mattered/matters.

As for the poster above on commitments, the club doesn't post them. The girls and their families have generally chosen the best academic schools they could, sometimes at the expense of the very best lax schools. At least 5 girls were offered at UNC for instance, none chose there. Where have they chosen so far?

Notre Dame, Stanford, Northwestern, Northwestern, Northwestern, Duke, Princeton, Harvard, BC, Vanderbilt, Richmond, UMASS and there may be a few others I'm not aware of.

Likely several more ivy commits coming and some other very good places. Ultimately this whole discussion is silly. These girls, whether you think they are good lax players or not, are getting amazing college opportunities partly because of their hard work on the lax field. [/quote]

You are the one who is making this discussion silly by continuing to insist that your daughter's team is in the hypothetical "Top 5" in the country. Hard to understand why that is so important to you, but I hereby declare ME 2019 to be #4 in the country. Feel better now?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hmm .. I see LI Nj, Md and Philly area clubs with similar commits? Oh and each of those areas have multiple clubs. ME pulls from 2 states? Just to put a decent product on the field?

The ME dude is still not getting it. So, let me add on here, and see if I can help with some perspective: In Anne Arundel county in Maryland (Annapolis area) there are five girls club teams at the 2019 age group; Integrity, API, Md United, CC Lax, Bay Area. One is really good, three are decent and one is not good. That's FIVE from one relatively small county. If you branch out towards Baltimore and Howard counties (both are right next door) you can probably add several more, including M&D and Heros, which both pull a few girls from Anne Arundel county. Add SkyWalkers, Coppermine, Looneys and CheckHers Elite, which is really close by too. All of those teams, except maybe the bottom two or three could beat ME in 8 out 10 games. That's not twelve teams from twelve states...that's at least twelve teams within less than an hour drive from each other. ME has to go across two states to field one decent team. I'm not as familiar with the teams on LI, except for the bigger ones but I bet it's a similar situation. Think about that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all keep talking about whole clubs and regions and this and that. It is one team. One age group. And yes they r a top 5 team. Get over it already. Why is it so hard for you people to understand and accept? The college coaches have.

Who have they beat in championship format tournaments? Never made it out of the pool in lax for the cure, how did national draw go?[/quote]

You people are funny. Have never played in lax for the cure in the summer. So you are correct. They have never been an oh so significant "championship format" tournament at Lax For the Cure. Weird that you think they have. At National Draw, the only time this 2019 team played in it was this year. They were missing their best player (Notre Dame) and had a roster of 22. Again, you people don't seem to understand the point. The club doesn't play these tournaments to win them. Wish they did, but not how they operate. Treat every one of them like showcases. You can keep beating your chests over these 20 minute championship games if you want. It's fine. The college coaches think of ME 2019 as a top 5 team. It's really all that mattered/matters.

As for the poster above on commitments, the club doesn't post them. The girls and their families have generally chosen the best academic schools they could, sometimes at the expense of the very best lax schools. At least 5 girls were offered at UNC for instance, none chose there. Where have they chosen so far?

Notre Dame, Stanford, Northwestern, Northwestern, Northwestern, Duke, Princeton, Harvard, BC, Vanderbilt, Richmond, UMASS and there may be a few others I'm not aware of.

Likely several more ivy commits coming and some other very good places. Ultimately this whole discussion is silly. These girls, whether you think they are good lax players or not, are getting amazing college opportunities partly because of their hard work on the lax field. [/quote]

As to your comment above that states the club doesn't post commitments, you are wrong. I just visited the ME website for the first time ever, and I was able to find their commitments within 10 seconds. Right under the ALUMNAE tab.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who have they beat in championship format tournaments? Never made it out of the pool in lax for the cure, how did national draw go?

As to your comment above that states the club doesn't post commitments, you are wrong. I just visited the ME website for the first time ever, and I was able to find their commitments within 10 seconds. Right under the ALUMNAE tab.[/quote]

no u weren't. they show where the girls matriculated, not where the current ones are committed to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Mass elite white is your A team, how can you brag about being a top 5 team when you lost 3/4 of your games at National Draw when you weren't even in top bracket.
(I was waiting and very board and annoyed with this topic, thats why I looked. Total of 5 minutes)

White is the B team smarty pants

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who have they beat in championship format tournaments? Never made it out of the pool in lax for the cure, how did national draw go?

You are the one who is making this discussion silly by continuing to insist that your daughter's team is in the hypothetical "Top 5" in the country. Hard to understand why that is so important to you, but I hereby declare ME 2019 to be #4 in the country. Feel better now?
[/quote]

YES. I'd say you are about right smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This guy nailed it right here : Not mine . Listen up ME

Lets be honest.

Every club, in any state will have at least a couple of girls that get recruited to top schools. These will be the best athletes and would have succeeded in any sport, and to those girls we say congratulations. These young woman are from Colorado, California, Texas etc..., but that by no means make the clubs they come from as competitive as clubs from Long Island, or Maryland. All that means is that some naturally athletic girls picked up a stick and put in hours and hours against a wall.

In the case of Mass Elite I see a club that has been around for a while, in a state where Lax is finally starting to catch on, and is finally being able to put together a single year of girls that are fairly competitive, and to those girls that get recruited to any scholl we say congratulations, welcome to the club. But that in no means makes you a top tier club in line with Long Island and Maryland.

I have been involved with lax for decades of my life with both boys and girls, and have seen at least a hundred girls clubs evolve in that time, some peak and than struggle, some slowly grow to become powerhouses. I have seen Mass Elite in more than a few tournaments and have watched them evolve from a fustrated club that can't hang with L.I. teams, causing them to turn to thuggery to keep up, to a team that is finally starting to figure it out. But make no mistake you are a teen playing in an adult world, and that is a best case scenario.

Yes, you have some naturally talented players within your club, but the proof of how good a club, or an entire region, is in any sport, is how well roll players do. Every region will have there big scorers succeed, and that is what is happening at M.E. causing the parents up in Mass. to think something that is not true. The roll players on L.I. and in Md. are almost as good as you top tier players in every other region, and that is why you will continue to struggle against us.

Remember one simple fact about L.I. and Md., Lacrosse is like a religion in these places. If you walk down any residential street or go to any high school or sports field you will see lacrosse cages in use in December and January, it is non stop in these places. we love this game. Now some day you might catch up, or even surpass us, but that day is not today

I wrote the original post, and let me say congratulations to your daughter that you are very obviesoly very prod of, as you should be. But you just don't get it do you? Unless you have talked to every college coach you can not state that all college coaches consider M.E. a top 5 club, and to say that sounds a little dickey..... sorry.

This one team might be above average for your club as a whole, and that is good for them, but as a whole your club isn't that good. Let me tell you something about college coaches..... they are all the same in one respect..... they all lie. They will tell you and your daughter exactly what they think you want to hear.

Seeing as you are quite new to this let me also inform you of this little tid bit, no matter how good you think your daughter is, there will be 10 girls from L.I. and M.d. in the 2020, 21 , 22, and 23 classes ready to take her spot in a second, and chances are they will.

Most regional and "good team" girls will struggle in college, on the field, against the hot bed girls, its just the way of College sports. Sure maybe one or 2 of the girls on your list will se any significant playing time, but probably not.

You state that one of your girls is going to Princeton, well my daughter played on jer club with a girl in Princeton now, she is ver fast, very smart, and very good, so good luck

Lastly you said that your super team played down at Lax for a Cure but didn't do well because they were missing a single girl commited to N.D. well is that super team made up of that one girl. this what you don't seem to get.... the L.I. and Md. teams were probably also missing one or more of there "stars" and probably, against your super team greatly lengthened their bench and still beat you. like I stated in the original post, in the hot beds, our roll players are as good as your best players, if and when you understand that simple point, and if and when you club reaches that point year in and year out, only then will you be considered TOP 5, and believe me.... you are not there yet

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

I'm guessing national draw didn't go so well...who are you putting as your top 3?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That makes it worse. Red played in an even lower division and STILL didn't win all their games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Mass Elite guy is a clown . The reason no one thinks the ME team is top five us simply they have never done anything to earn that , the excuses are hilarious , missing their best player ,too far, too expensive blah blah. I like the nonsense he throws out as facts , 5 girls mommies and daddies said they turned down UNC full scholarship offers and college coaches think they are a top 5 team are my favorites. They have had plenty of opportunity to prove how good they are but it just never seems to work out , the reason is simply that they are not very good .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some excellent point there. Now do,you get ME trumpeter? Please don't make such weak excuses like our best player wasn't there btw... we all heard those lines before ! Your club is considered mediocre in the grand picture . Get it ! It's Mass lacrosse .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This guy nailed it right here : Not mine . Listen up ME

Lets be honest.

Every club, in any state will have at least a couple of girls that get recruited to top schools. These will be the best athletes and would have succeeded in any sport, and to those girls we say congratulations. These young woman are from Colorado, California, Texas etc..., but that by no means make the clubs they come from as competitive as clubs from Long Island, or Maryland. All that means is that some naturally athletic girls picked up a stick and put in hours and hours against a wall.

In the case of Mass Elite I see a club that has been around for a while, in a state where Lax is finally starting to catch on, and is finally being able to put together a single year of girls that are fairly competitive, and to those girls that get recruited to any scholl we say congratulations, welcome to the club. But that in no means makes you a top tier club in line with Long Island and Maryland.

I have been involved with lax for decades of my life with both boys and girls, and have seen at least a hundred girls clubs evolve in that time, some peak and than struggle, some slowly grow to become powerhouses. I have seen Mass Elite in more than a few tournaments and have watched them evolve from a fustrated club that can't hang with L.I. teams, causing them to turn to thuggery to keep up, to a team that is finally starting to figure it out. But make no mistake you are a teen playing in an adult world, and that is a best case scenario.

Yes, you have some naturally talented players within your club, but the proof of how good a club, or an entire region, is in any sport, is how well roll players do. Every region will have there big scorers succeed, and that is what is happening at M.E. causing the parents up in Mass. to think something that is not true. The roll players on L.I. and in Md. are almost as good as you top tier players in every other region, and that is why you will continue to struggle against us.

Remember one simple fact about L.I. and Md., Lacrosse is like a religion in these places. If you walk down any residential street or go to any high school or sports field you will see lacrosse cages in use in December and January, it is non stop in these places. we love this game. Now some day you might catch up, or even surpass us, but that day is not today

I wrote the original post, and let me say congratulations to your daughter that you are very obviesoly very prod of, as you should be. But you just don't get it do you? Unless you have talked to every college coach you can not state that all college coaches consider M.E. a top 5 club, and to say that sounds a little dickey..... sorry.

This one team might be above average for your club as a whole, and that is good for them, but as a whole your club isn't that good. Let me tell you something about college coaches..... they are all the same in one respect..... they all lie. They will tell you and your daughter exactly what they think you want to hear.

Seeing as you are quite new to this let me also inform you of this little tid bit, no matter how good you think your daughter is, there will be 10 girls from L.I. and M.d. in the 2020, 21 , 22, and 23 classes ready to take her spot in a second, and chances are they will.

Most regional and "good team" girls will struggle in college, on the field, against the hot bed girls, its just the way of College sports. Sure maybe one or 2 of the girls on your list will se any significant playing time, but probably not.

You state that one of your girls is going to Princeton, well my daughter played on jer club with a girl in Princeton now, she is ver fast, very smart, and very good, so good luck

Lastly you said that your super team played down at Lax for a Cure but didn't do well because they were missing a single girl commited to N.D. well is that super team made up of that one girl. this what you don't seem to get.... the L.I. and Md. teams were probably also missing one or more of there "stars" and probably, against your super team greatly lengthened their bench and still beat you. like I stated in the original post, in the hot beds, our roll players are as good as your best players, if and when you understand that simple point, and if and when you club reaches that point year in and year out, only then will you be considered TOP 5, and believe me.... you are not there yet

So much nonsense you spew. You have so little knowledge and so little perspective. Feel sorry for you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA was a great representation of what happens when the 7 players play without the full 22. The girls that were on Mass Elite ran circles around the other competition. The Notre Dame and Northwestern commit are so talented and ranked, while the Princeton and BC commit should be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fact ME trumpeter. Many of the top kids from MD , NJ, LI diid not attend the UA. As for your little ND starlet . There are at least 10 of her in each region of those states and with the level of competition in HS in the regions they will only get better in the next 3 years. Your little starlet looks good against weak comp. because that's all she plays against. You are only as good as your comp. as they say!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At National draw Snipers(team from Syracuse) with a few recruits beat ME red. They then lost to us in Championship. ME didn't even make it to Championship game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The helmets looked lit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA was a great representation of what happens when the 7 players play without the full 22. The girls that were on Mass Elite ran circles around the other competition. The Notre Dame and Northwestern commit are so talented and ranked, while the Princeton and BC commit should be.

You must be a real treat on the sidelines...nice talking about the other 15 girls like they stink. Why don't you tell them to their faces that they are no good, instead of spending your time bashing them on this site. Plus NE never played DC or Balt...tournament broke just right for team, and let's not forget about the gift stick check call...so just tone it down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As George Allen once said "act like you've been there before" clearly Mr ME is a newbie to the game. He think his ND commit is all world at 15. Many will catch-up to your little starlet. D1 is a whole new game .... and 3 more years of playing in Mass HS girls lax isn't going to help much. Game is much faster in LI and MD they are better prepared for the next level! So dream for another few years . We will see how your little starlet fares in D1 .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be a real treat on the sidelines...nice talking about the other 15 girls like they stink. Why don't you tell them to their faces that they are no good, instead of spending time bashing them on this site. Plus NE never played DC or Balt...tournament broke just right for team, and let's not forget about the gift stick check call...so just tone it down.

NE beat Philly easily who beat Baltimore, Long Island beat DC and we beat LI pretty easily the first time 12-6. The gift stick check, playing with an illegal pocket is not a gift. Lets not forget about the last second goal NE scored that wasn't disallowed even though the first ref ruled it a goal. And It's not just one guy preaching for ME here btw. The YJ girls on that team looked a little slow and overrated.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey ME dude. You just slammed the other fifteen girls on the team. Way to go, [lacrosse]. Now, when you see the parents of those fifteen players what are you going to say? They all know who you are, so I would be nervous around them if I was you. And, of course, we all know that YOUR DAUGHTER must be one of the seven, right? If it wasn't for your daughter the team would suck, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This Mass/NE is boring talk. Who cares!! Let the Mass folks have the last word and then everybody let it go. Move on folks!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We know who he is . He thinks his ND commit is all world at 15. I don't see many kids from Mass starting on the top 5 teams. So when reality hits in 3 years or should we say the pine. He will realize the speed of the game caught up to her. And I don't mean running speed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We know who he is . He thinks his ND commit is all world at 15. I don't see many kids from Mass starting on the top 5 teams. So when reality hits in 3 years or should we say the pine. He will realize the speed of the game caught up to her. And I don't mean running speed.

This seems to be getting too personal. Lets move on. Everyone has made their points more than a few times. How about a new subject? Rank the top ten teams in D1 this year.

Here's mine. I think Syracuse slides back a bit without Treanor and Majorana. ND without Sullivan does a bit too. NU has a still pretty young and improving team. Maryland will miss Cummings.

UNC
Florida
Northwestern
USC
Maryland
Penn State
Notre Dame
Stony Brook
Syracuse
Duke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be a real treat on the sidelines...nice talking about the other 15 girls like they stink. Why don't you tell them to their faces that they are no good, instead of spending time bashing them on this site. Plus NE never played DC or Balt...tournament broke just right for team, and let's not forget about the gift stick check call...so just tone it down.

NE beat Philly easily who beat Baltimore, Long Island beat DC and we beat LI pretty easily the first time 12-6. The gift stick check, playing with an illegal pocket is not a gift. Lets not forget about the last second goal NE scored that wasn't disallowed even though the first ref ruled it a goal. And It's not just one guy preaching for ME here btw. The YJ girls on that team looked a little slow and overrated.....

You really are a douchbag ,the goal was not counted because time had run out .the fact that your only claim is the ME team did well at UA is hilarious , the ME team is maybe top 10 but no more than that .UA is not a travel team , kids from many clubs contribute to every team. Are their any descent high school teams up in Mass., no, any good travel clubs , no .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This seems to be getting too personal. Lets move on. Everyone has made their points more than a few times. How about a new subject? Rank the top ten teams in D1 this year.

Here's mine. I think Syracuse slides back a bit without Treanor and Majorana. ND without Sullivan does a bit too. NU has a still pretty young and improving team. Maryland will miss Cummings.

UNC
Florida
Northwestern
USC
Maryland
Penn State
Notre Dame
Stony Brook
Syracuse
Duke

switch penn state and florida and stony brook and NU

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So sick of the ME conv. Move on. They have one decent team. Let's all agree, please!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC
Florida
Northwestern
USC
Maryland
Penn State
Notre Dame
Stony Brook
Syracuse
Duke

you think? So u think penn st and stony brook will be 2 and 3 in the country? ok. that would be cool for the locals. Any reasoning?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So sick of the ME conv. Move on. They have one decent team. Let's all agree, please!

Nah , they have one okay team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Stony Brook has a shot this year... Spalllina is a winner and he's got some real studs... oh and have to be a little bit of a wise guy to ME man.... their all from LI!! Sorry guys small dig.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC
Florida
Northwestern
USC
Maryland
Penn State
Notre Dame
Stony Brook
Syracuse
Duke

Probably too high for NU. Another brutal schedule. First 8 of 9 on the road including at ND, USC, Syr, SB, UNC. Play 9 of top 11 from last year plus other tough games including Hopkins. Gotta give KAH credit tho, they don't shy away from playing the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Penn state is going to be very dangerous this year... I saw them play this fall, I know it was only fall ball but they looked fast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thanks for the college preview on a 10th grade blog.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thanks for the college preview on a 10th grade blog.

No problem. Lots of committed girls and their families in this grade have a rooting interest already. Hopefully yours will too someday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
doosh . no one cares but you ....you wombat.

I guess I missed the post asking for your opinion on the college preview.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cmon', how else would he/she get anyone to talk about Penn Sate lax ?
he/she figures if they drop it into a 2019 thread, folks will forget he mentioned PSU on the 2025 thread last week..and the 2023 thread week before that..love the "wombat" thing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go Gators!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC
Florida
Northwestern
USC
Maryland
Penn State
Notre Dame
Stony Brook
Syracuse
Duke

That was a nice job drawing attention away. Conversation was going on and on then someone finally figured out who it was throwing all the MASS teammates under the bus. Nice topic you picked to change the subject, it actually worked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NORTHWESTERN IS BACK!

WIN THE DRAW, RULE THE WORLD!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You people are assuming the wrong person.... I'm not even involved with that team, I just do my research on them, my daughter didn't even make this team. And way to bring it back up lol.

UNC
Florida
Northwestern
USC
Maryland
Penn State
Notre Dame
Stony Brook
Syracuse
Duke

That was a nice job drawing attention away. Conversation was going on and on then someone finally figured out who it was throwing all the MASS teammates under the bus. Nice topic you picked to change the subject, it actually worked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any of you guys doing the Summit Lacrosse tournament with Committed teams... if so what schools have teams in it.

Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard