BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 78 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 77 78
Re: Boys 2022- 7th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In Club lacrosse it is perfectly ok to have players from other towns,cities and even states. Unless a tournament specifically states that it is not allowed. WSYL is the only one that has restrictions. Not uncommon or even an issue for all clubs.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kid or kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They've lost at least 4-5 kids this fall so far. Says a lot about how things are going over there. Channy train up to 34 players now. That's just as crazy. Couldn't crack the 91aa lineup but they think they are going to get playing time on a better team with a coach that plays 13 kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They''all get a shot, but if they don't produce immediately then they will move down the bench. And do the math, not enough playing time to go around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They've lost at least 4-5 kids this fall so far. Says a lot about how things are going over there. Channy train up to 34 players now. That's just as crazy. Couldn't crack the 91aa lineup but they think they are going to get playing time on a better team with a coach that plays 13 kids.

People do it and that's their choice. So who cares. Then they don't say anything when they make every practice, every extra work out, and some new face shows up gets minutes.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People do it and that's their choice. So who cares. Then they don't say anything when they make every practice, every extra work out, and some new face shows up gets minutes.

Team jumping is wrong. Everyone knows it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People do it and that's their choice? Is this your way of justifying this???? Your kid must be a hopper-you are nuts if you think this is acceptable. No conscience

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team jumping is wrong. Everyone knows it

Why? Sounds like little Johnny is losing playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes lifetime contracts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the NY teams going to the WSYL taking there 2022 teams, mix of 22/23 or having there 23 teams play up?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People do it and that's their choice? Is this your way of justifying this???? Your kid must be a hopper-you are nuts if you think this is acceptable. No conscience

Nope, I am not a hopper. I think it creates a bad environment. But the parents and some coaches just continue on. Why the current parents who see the adds don't complain is beyond me. So like I say every one has a choice. Just wouldn't be my choice to have my kid be the 7th or 8th attackmen, 10th or 11th middie or 3rd goalie. Btw, going to the extra clinics doesn't translate into extra playing time. You as the client should be asking the coach how the heck he is going manage playing time? It's not HS yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe that's why people hop, bc these program directors treat their kids lousy. The kid shouldn't be sentenced to be stuck with that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a good point. Basically, 7 TH grade players vary in physical development and makes it difficult to project future success so loading up players that are more developed is what clubs do to gain an edge. Simply put Clubs are businesses and must put a competitive product on field no matter the cost. So players pay the price and sometimes very athletic players my be cut because a club feels pressure to win now and sacrifices developing that child. However there is a silver lining for some meaning speedy , athletic multi-sport players will always rise above this lunacy of club lacrosse. Just keep them loving the sport no matter what there skill level and it will build character.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious whether your club coaches issue any type of position statement on playing time. If you care to share, I'd like to see what they are saying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe that's why people hop, bc these program directors treat their kids lousy. The kid shouldn't be sentenced to be stuck with that team.

Your kid tries out for a team and makes it and takes a potential spot from someone else and because someone (I am assuming in most cases it is the parent) isn't happy it's okay to leave the team and join another? They should have to stick it out and change teams after summer tournaments are over. Better yet, shame on the team that just keeps taking kids. I would never want to have anything to do with any organization that just keeps stacking the roster. Embarrassing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Produce and you play. If not they will recruit many other guys to take your spot. Tough lesson for late developing 12 year olds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Produce and you play. If not they will recruit many other guys to take your spot. Tough lesson for late developing 12 year olds.

Yes it is a tough lesson , but with boys it always comes back around in High School. Hope this boys can stay passionate about the sport until then,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes it is a tough lesson , but with boys it always comes back around in High School. Hope this boys can stay passionate about the sport until then,

Produce amd play, yes. I agree, but this is about kids and families committing time and money only to have their kid moved down the bench because the team adds, that's the issue we are discussimg. Does anybody think a roster of more than 6 attack, 8-9 middies/lsm, 6 poles and 2 goalies can work from top to bottom? I don't see how, but I am interested in hearing of how others think it can.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It does not work, but these clubs are a business. These club owners will gladly take your money, (which u are giving freely ), and put up with a little bitching from the parents when their kids aren't playing. Buyer beware. At some point parents have to wisen up and move their kid to a team where their kid will play. Time to put egos away Mom and Dad and do what's best for your child. Your child's wont get better sitting on the bench.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think it is right to add kids once the team has been established after cuts. But you have to do what is best for your kid. If getting limited playing time on an elite team, move down a notch to the next most competitive team. If the kid is really good, but on an incredibly stacked team he will ultimately fare better by playing against the elite teams and enhance his chances of being noticed. Worked for my son! He was a starter on an elite team at U13, but did not make their U15 team (influx of new kids and holdbacks). Made an equally elite U15 team, but limited playing time (holdbacks). Following season he jumped to a lesser, but still a highly competitive team and committed as a sophomore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Produce amd play, yes. I agree, but this is about kids and families committing time and money only to have their kid moved down the bench because the team adds, that's the issue we are discussimg. Does anybody think a roster of more than 6 attack, 8-9 middies/lsm, 6 poles and 2 goalies can work from top to bottom? I don't see how, but I am interested in hearing of how others think it can.

Easily can work with quality personnel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And quality coaching

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
igloo is bringing 2021 + 2022 kids. the 2021 kids lost last year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it age based not grade who cares!!! get over it. Keep your kid home if you don't like it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ENOUGH!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
igloo is bringing 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 too! Fact...I know because I heard it in BOTC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
igloo is bringing 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 too! Fact...I know because I heard it in BOTC
Fake News!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you say it enough....it becomes FACT, so Igloo is bringing in the UNC team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alexander and Cromwell are playing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FREDDIE! is coming back to play as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren't Rabil and Pannel playing too?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here comes the Outlaws basher. You sound pathetic. Time to get a life man.

Problem here is that the Outlaws 2022 have like 4 or 5 of their best kids that will be 13 by the time this tournament comes around. Isn't that against the rules??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Problem here is that the Outlaws 2022 have like 4 or 5 of their best kids that will be 13 by the time this tournament comes around. Isn't that against the rules??

can't turn 13 before 9/1/16

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is a fact. ALL OUTLAW PLAYERS ARE LEGAL. ALL ARE BORN AFTER 9/1/2003.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone accused them of a crime . . .??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By definition an outlaw has broken the rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By definition an outlaw has broken the rules.

I wonder if any other program like eighty eight plus three or MC Express can say that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those kids drive to practice themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1st day of winter, does anyone have a fall wrap up for LI teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares Penguin. Go back in your Igloo. It's 12 year old fall lax

Page 29 of 78 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 77 78

Link Copied to Clipboard