BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 91 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 90 91
Re: Boys 2024 5th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Taz WP and Express please note that most of these troll posts that spark controversy and keep you logging in to the site to reply are most likely plants to boost site traffic. The only real posts on here are the one bashing the Outlaws

The outlaws have a 2024 team? From what I understand they are two B teams because the coach of gold/black keeps all his town kids on the B team even if they are A players. Makes no sense.

If the kids want to stay with their town coach then not sure what the big deal is. They're 10!

I agree why can't they stay on that team and build a successful team as they grow. Not every kid should or want to play on a A team and get 2 minutes of playing time per game or just maybe they want to play with their friends.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Town coach should build a town travel program instead of making his parents pay the outlaws $2500 to get the same coaching . And kids can get a lot better sitting on the A bench practicing 2/3 times a week then playing 20 minutes for the B team that gets together once a week weather permitting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Town coach should build a town travel program instead of making his parents pay the outlaws $2500 to get the same coaching . And kids can get a lot better sitting on the A bench practicing 2/3 times a week then playing 20 minutes for the B team that gets together once a week weather permitting

Town travel comes with too many in house favors and not a true travel team, its more like any boardmembers kid plus, the better players, it discourages the better kids from staying with it. They don't really take all the best players, its usually coaches kids, board members kids, favors and a few players that carry the team.
That's why most leave for travel teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then find a real travel team not one that relies on town teams to make the core of their teams . Don't you think the town coach made a ton of promises to get those parents to pay $2500 and more to follow him to a travel team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I imagine that parents can make their own decisions about whether or not to join this specific team. If this guy has a following of kids who want to play under him at that price point then he must be doing something right

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then find a real travel team not one that relies on town teams to make the core of their teams . Don't you think the town coach made a ton of promises to get those parents to pay $2500 and more to follow him to a travel team

I think most of them came to be on the only "A" team they could make it on,has nothing to do with following. That is why all the better players went elsewhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. The coaches must be doing something right if he has a following. Sitting on a bench is better than touches on the ball and playing time? Did I read that right? Nothing beats playing time, game time touches on the ball, and a great coaching staff. Clearly, that team has both. They are well coached and are a very competitive team. We have played them several times.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I imagine that parents can make their own decisions about whether or not to join this specific team. If this guy has a following of kids who want to play under him at that price point then he must be doing something right

$2500 to play for the Outlaws B team coached by your town team PAL coach is down right stupid. A "following"? what is he a bartender or a hair dresser lol. That team does not have any travel A players or they would be on the other team I can assure you of that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. The coaches must be doing something right if he has a following. Sitting on a bench is better than touches on the ball and playing time? Did I read that right? Nothing beats playing time, game time touches on the ball, and a great coaching staff. Clearly, that team has both. They are well coached and are a very competitive team. We have played them several times.

Sure you have Mrs. Coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$2500 to play for the Outlaws B team coached by your town team PAL coach is down right stupid. A "following"? what is he a bartender or a hair dresser lol. That team does not have any travel A players or they would be on the other team I can assure you of that

Look I have no dog in this fight, but I'll reply anyway since you were replying to what I wrote. I'll repeat, parents can make their own decisions about whether or not to join this specific team. You can think it's stupid, but it's parents doing what is best for THEIR kids. Not sure why this triggers you so much. And yes, parents "following" a coach from one organization to another, would be "a following". Get it?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daddy coaches have always ruined town teams. Always have always will. The problem is their kid is usually no where near as good as they think they are and that causes problems with everyone around them. Sad but true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daddy coaches have always ruined town teams. Always have always will. The problem is their kid is usually no where near as good as they think they are and that causes problems with everyone around them. Sad but true.

AMEN!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol dad coaches ruined PAL you said. I got 2 ideas for you. Instead of complaining on BOTC, do something. A, become a coach yourself, volunteer your time after a long day of work, taking train home or driving home in traffic to coach 15, 20 kids .Or B, hire a coach. Pay a good coach probably 6, 7 thousand of your money. A non dad isnt coming for free. Do one of those 2 things. Don't be that annoying dad on the sidleines that just complains and complains. Make this PAL season better and do 1 of those 2 things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look I have no dog in this fight, but I'll reply anyway since you were replying to what I wrote. I'll repeat, parents can make their own decisions about whether or not to join this specific team. You can think it's stupid, but it's parents doing what is best for THEIR kids. Not sure why this triggers you so much. And yes, parents "following" a coach from one organization to another, would be "a following". Get it?

For someone that doesn't have a dog in the fight you seem awfully sensitive to this. Calm down David Koresh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol dad coaches ruined PAL you said. I got 2 ideas for you. Instead of complaining on BOTC, do something. A, become a coach yourself, volunteer your time after a long day of work, taking train home or driving home in traffic to coach 15, 20 kids .Or B, hire a coach. Pay a good coach probably 6, 7 thousand of your money. A non dad isnt coming for free. Do one of those 2 things. Don't be that annoying dad on the sidleines that just complains and complains. Make this PAL season better and do 1 of those 2 things.

How come no one's ever thought of that!! WOW, its because the dad coach board members have a tight grip on it and don't let anyone else get involved....duh

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AMEN!!

Dad coaches have ruined town teams? Am I missing something? was there ever a time where professionals coached town teams? If town teams have become ruined, it's because of parents like you. You complain on the sidelines while dad coaches coach your kid on a volunteer basis

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AMEN!!

Dad coaches have ruined town teams? Am I missing something? was there ever a time where professionals coached town teams? If town teams have become ruined, it's because of parents like you. You complain on the sidelines while dad coaches coach your kid on a volunteer basis

First, how do you know i am not a coach,
secondly, anything revolving with town recreation always has people in place and leaves no room for outsiders,
lastly, MOST of these dad coaches have to put in the effort to coach because their son's , whom aren't half as good as they think, would not get the best positions or most playing time if they were evaluated from an unbiased coach.Why do you think PAL is like the Superbowl to half these guys, its the only limelight their kid gets for now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not in my town. Anyone who wants to help coach doesn't get turned away. Always room for assitant coach to come help. Did you actually say , duh. Are you 12 years old. Thats when I used to say that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not in my town. Anyone who wants to help coach doesn't get turned away. Always room for assitant coach to come help. Did you actually say , duh. Are you 12 years old. Thats when I used to say that.

I am not 12 ,but I am smart enough to reply to a post ,to keep a conversation, rather than adding it in as a separate post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AMEN!!

secondly, anything revolving with town recreation always has people in place and leaves no room for outsiders,
lastly, MOST of these dad coaches have to put in the effort to coach because their son's , whom aren't half as good as they think, would not get the best positions or most playing time if they were evaluated from an unbiased coach.Why do you think PAL is like the Superbowl to half these guys, its the only limelight their kid gets for now.

First, I hope you're not a coach. Secondly, maybe that's the case where you live, which yeah that sucks. And third, I've had kids in town sports for 8 years now and all of the volunteers have been fair with all the kids. If the cost of having a free dedicated dad coach is their own kids getting a little extra playing time then so be it. My question still stands though. When were town based teams (take PAL) ever run by "professional" coaches (or as you would put it "non-daddy coaches"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How come no one's ever thought of that!! WOW, its because the dad coach board members have a tight grip on it and don't let anyone else get involved....duh

You're an idiot. You don't coach because you don't know how to. Either you never played, are too lazy to learn, or you don't know how to deal with kids. Either way, parents like you on the sidelines are the worst! All you do is [lacrosse] and interfere and all that does is make the coach resent your kid. Good luck with that. Let me take a wild guess... your town has A and B teams and you think your kid is an A player? Sound about right? Let me answer for you. He's not. He's not nearly as good as you think he is and because you've never played the sport, you can't understand why no one see what you see. I don't even know you and I already hate you. I can only imagine how your sons coach feels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AMEN!!

Good lord. You've got a lot of excuses, huh? Seems like you're going to raise you're kid to have a lot of reasons why the world's not fair. He's going to be one of those lazy, flag burning, whiny little brats who gets offended when someone says his name wrong. Geez, be a man for God's sake. If you want change, make change. Coach the team or be an assistant. Get on the board. Do something except make excuses. And another thing, all of the coaches that I know in my town have very skilled kids and are actually hardest on them. That's how it works, little [lacrosse].

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn't agree more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Be careful with the flag burning remarks, you could end up in jail or lose your citizenship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go hug a tree

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grab a whistle and help or shut up and say thank you to the guy that does. It's 5th grade PAL Francis.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You just summed up Outlaws Select perfectly. very toxic environment..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're an idiot. You don't coach because you don't know how to. Either you never played, are too lazy to learn, or you don't know how to deal with kids. Either way, parents like you on the sidelines are the worst! All you do is [lacrosse] and interfere and all that does is make the coach resent your kid. Good luck with that. Let me take a wild guess... your town has A and B teams and you think your kid is an A player? Sound about right? Let me answer for you. He's not. He's not nearly as good as you think he is and because you've never played the sport, you can't understand why no one see what you see. I don't even know you and I already hate you. I can only imagine how your sons coach feels.

Thank God you used "you're" correctly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every team, in every sport has dad or 2, who just complains and complains. They know who they are, coaches know who they are, other parents know who they are. They [lacrosse] and stand on sidelines angry about something, every practice and every game. I coach PAL lacrosse and I coach basketball for my fifth grader. I coach my daughters softball too. I have to say there is always that pain in the [lacrosse] parent. I work long hours, than I race from train station, change from work clothes to shorts in parking lot. Usually on train ride, I'm emailing parents about practices, upcoming scrimmages that I try to line up, I'm also emailing the league about all other stuff, make up games, gym times etc. Practice ends about 7:30. Dinner about 8, when I get home for the nite. Forgot to say, I leave my house 5:30 am for train, its a long day. I coach a lot of hours to help kids get better at those particular sports, I played in college, I know the sport. Am I qualified to be a high school head coach, no. More than qualified to coach kids,yes, and my son is a very good player, he would be real good, no matter who his coach was. Nobody would ever say I favor my son because I don't, in fact he probably gets it a little worse, just so I don't have to hear those couple of people, who always [lacrosse] (behind my back of course). My point of this is, I have my 2 assistants. Nobody else ever asked to help.if you think you can do better ask to help. Grab a stick and whistle and help. Do something, devote your time , like us coaches do. I make zero money for this, I don't want to make money, but I do want appreciation. The dad coaches like me who do this, have jobs, families, homework that kids need help with, housework that needs to be done, etc, etc, etc. You should thank these people who try help your kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every team, in every sport has dad or 2, who just complains and complains. They know who they are, coaches know who they are, other parents know who they are. They [lacrosse] and stand on sidelines angry about something, every practice and every game. I coach PAL lacrosse and I coach basketball for my fifth grader. I coach my daughters softball too. I have to say there is always that pain in the [lacrosse] parent. I work long hours, than I race from train station, change from work clothes to shorts in parking lot. Usually on train ride, I'm emailing parents about practices, upcoming scrimmages that I try to line up, I'm also emailing the league about all other stuff, make up games, gym times etc. Practice ends about 7:30. Dinner about 8, when I get home for the nite. Forgot to say, I leave my house 5:30 am for train, its a long day. I coach a lot of hours to help kids get better at those particular sports, I played in college, I know the sport. Am I qualified to be a high school head coach, no. More than qualified to coach kids,yes, and my son is a very good player, he would be real good, no matter who his coach was. Nobody would ever say I favor my son because I don't, in fact he probably gets it a little worse, just so I don't have to hear those couple of people, who always [lacrosse] (behind my back of course). My point of this is, I have my 2 assistants. Nobody else ever asked to help.if you think you can do better ask to help. Grab a stick and whistle and help. Do something, devote your time , like us coaches do. I make zero money for this, I don't want to make money, but I do want appreciation. The dad coaches like me who do this, have jobs, families, homework that kids need help with, housework that needs to be done, etc, etc, etc. You should thank these people who try help your kids.

You want thanks? Not going to happen. And your kids aren't as good as you think daddy coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best post ever on this site. Thanks for all you do. Sidelines parents have no clue what goes into it. And you do see the same parents involved in different sports. To coach youth sports and be involved in organizing puts a huge bullseye on your back. There are some that do so for the wrong reasons but most our trying to give your kid a chance to have fun and learn a game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't even want to acknowledge this troll comment but couldn't resist. Anyone who plays on the Outlaw Select Team knows this not to be true Great group of kids and families who are playing on the Outlaws Select team to get coached up, become better players and have fun. Better than Taz or WP obviously not but our boys come to practice and the games and give all there effort. Furthest thing from toxic. What is toxic is a spineless troll hiding behind a computer making stupid comments he has no idea about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best post ever on this site. Thanks for all you do. Sidelines parents have no clue what goes into it. And you do see the same parents involved in different sports. To coach youth sports and be involved in organizing puts a huge bullseye on your back. There are some that do so for the wrong reasons but most our trying to give your kid a chance to have fun and learn a game

Here's the other side. I coached in soccer, played in HS. My son loved lacrosse. He played PAL. Let me tell you, some real a-holes in Lacrosse. They decided my son was a B team player early on. In this town at that time, B team was treated as if they didn't exist. Less practice time, no scrimmages, not invited to clinics, not allowed to play on winter team, etc, etc,... we're not even a top lax town.
I got involved because my son loved the sport, and he was getting short changed by these "Dads". Glad I did, changed the culture and made a difference. Mine went on to play at a great D3 school. Only 2 others on the "A" team are still playing, also D3.
Younger son was bestowed PAL "A" team status. Coached that team too. I did it differently. Worked with all the A and B team kids. Ran after practice and Saturday shooting clinics for free, on my time. Had Defensive alumni come down and work with all poles, A and B.
Point is, many parents do get ticked off for good reason, there are plenty of guys that have no business coaching kids and are more than willing to push their kid forward at your son's expense. Don't be afraid to call people out for doing the "wrong thing". Just because they're donating some time, doesn't mean they're beyond reproach. Far too many in it for all the wrong reasons, particularly in Lacrosse!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents do appreciate the time and effort. I know I have time and time again. What they don't appreciate is watching the coaches kid who is no better then any other kid, never leave the field. What they don't appreciate is saying your team is SELECT when you barely practice. Then they go to a tournament get smoked by a team that does put in the effort. What they don't like is watching the dad coach scream at his team and embarrass 10 year olds in front of the other team and parents in a game.
Simply said, just because you played and want to put in the time for your kid doesn't mean you are qualified to be a coach. In this case you need a lawn chair instead of a whistle. You aren't appreciated because you treat people terribly and everyone sees it but you.......

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

You're a good man. The board is full of trolls who are impersonating the worst of the worst parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by meco24

You're a good man. The board is full of trolls who are impersonating the worst of the worst parents.

Must be a town dad on the travel team sucking up to the travel/Pal dad coach. I have seen that team on the sidelines and the boys play scared because the coach rips them off the field if they make a mistake. That age is for developing not getting screamed at. Why is someone a troll for speaking the truth. Kids don't learn anything when they are afraid, hence that team hasn't progressed in 2 years....My son plays on another team in the age group and we have played that team. The coaches antics were sad to say the least. The referee asked the parents on the sideline if the coach was medicated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents do appreciate the time and effort. I know I have time and time again. What they don't appreciate is watching the coaches kid who is no better then any other kid, never leave the field. What they don't appreciate is saying your team is SELECT when you barely practice. Then they go to a tournament get smoked by a team that does put in the effort. What they don't like is watching the dad coach scream at his team and embarrass 10 year olds in front of the other team and parents in a game.
Simply said, just because you played and want to put in the time for your kid doesn't mean you are qualified to be a coach. In this case you need a lawn chair instead of a whistle. You aren't appreciated because you treat people terribly and everyone sees it but you.......

Why would you assume all of these bad things without knowing the guy we're talking about?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you assume all of these bad things without knowing the guy we're talking about?

What is making YOU assume I don't? I know for a fact everything written there is the exact truth...sadly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know for a fact. You know nothing. Its not even close to being true with my team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All true - ask around in his hometown about his coaching style. There are a lot of kids and parents who left the town travel team and went to travel teams because of his favoritism.

Page 29 of 91 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 90 91

Link Copied to Clipboard