BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21
Re: Girls 2019 - 10th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Guess what.....You don't have to worry about what tourney your in if your kid does their wall ball, shooting, strength and agility training as well as other sports. Also hits the books. Believe me the coaches will find them pretty quickly.

Ding ding! GOD I wish there were more smart people like you on this site.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow you are an angry man...must be frustrated by something. Perhaps the process has been a little difficult for you? I was at Lehigh I witnessed the amount of coaches that were there. We were contacted by a few that attended through the normal channels. IE: emails forwarded through club director. Etc. So maybe it didn't work out for you? Well my advice is to tell your kid to work hard on and off the field and hit the books. It might happen.

Dude you really are such a loser, you come onto this site to brag about your kid because she is playing at a top program and say the schoolgirls tourney is so wonderful then go on to bash those that did UA. My kid did both because she enjoys playing not as a tool to get recruited. Honestly people who have kids that are committed to a top school are generally secure enough in their kids not to bash other kids accomplishments and be a blowhard about their own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr. I was at Lehigh,
How about being a little less pompous and self righteous? For those in the know, what you've really told us is: thank god for School Girls because your daughter, while possibly being good, wasn't really considered a top player before that event. Top players at top programs had significant dialogue, offers, or commitments long before that weekend. Could still be at a top program, but just so you're aware she isn't considered a top player at that program like you think she is. Likely has very good grades and good for her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm bringing up the following info as a way to counteract the yj bragging, to show that there are VERY GOOD players at other clubs besides yj. Integrity has 7 2019 commits so far: Two to the University of Florida, two to the Naval Academy, one to Penn State, one to Jacksonville and one to the University of Hartford. I know the number is only 7, but Integrity is a small club with only one team per age group. So, get over yourselves yj parents. By the way, I'm not an Integrity parent. I just saw their posting and checked out their website. For a small club, they have an impressive list of commits at all ages. From my research, it looks like most clubs send their players to the same type of colleges, regardless of which club they play for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ladies, you done now?...just take the slap fight somewhere else.. mad

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm bringing up the following info as a way to counteract the yj bragging, to show that there are VERY GOOD players at other clubs besides yj. Integrity has 7 2019 commits so far: Two to the University of Florida, two to the Naval Academy, one to Penn State, one to Jacksonville and one to the University of Hartford. I know the number is only 7, but Integrity is a small club with only one team per age group. So, get over yourselves yj parents. By the way, I'm not an Integrity parent. I just saw their posting and checked out their website. For a small club, they have an impressive list of commits at all ages. From my research, it looks like most clubs send their players to the same type of colleges, regardless of which club they play for.

Is this a joke . Not sure anyone has ever said any club has all the very good players . They have said that some clubs have more good players than others .YJ 2019 top team has 22 commits , that's just from the blue team and I would guess MD had about the same .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this a joke . Not sure anyone has ever said any club has all the very good players . They have said that some clubs have more good players than others .YJ 2019 top team has 22 commits , that's just from the blue team and I would guess MD had about the same .

It's not a numbers contest, yj mommy. Which schools are the little bees going to? The point that is being made is if your daughter is a good player and plays for a solid, or better, club team she will probably wind up attending one of the same schools that the obnoxious parented yj kids attend. I tell ya...with the yj people EVERYTHING is a freakin' contest. Jeez, get over yourselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Trust me they pay a large chunk of change to get their kids in school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's not a numbers contest, yj mommy. Which schools are the little bees going to? The point that is being made is if your daughter is a good player and plays for a solid, or better, club team she will probably wind up attending one of the same schools that the obnoxious parented yj kids attend. I tell ya...with the yj people EVERYTHING is a freakin' contest. Jeez, get over yourselves.

Hey idiot , you are on a lacrosse website talking about girls lacrosse which by its nature should be a contest. Some of the schools UNC, Navyx2, Notre Dame,PSU,BU,Yale,UVA x 2,Duke x3, Maryland x 2, Ohio State x 2,USC, BC,Lehigh x 2, Delaware. If its not a numbers game then why do you come on here talking about numbers you idiot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey idiot , you are on a lacrosse website talking about girls lacrosse which by its nature should be a contest. Some of the schools UNC, Navyx2, Notre Dame,PSU,BU,Yale,UVA x 2,Duke x3, Maryland x 2, Ohio State x 2,USC, BC,Lehigh x 2, Delaware. If its not a numbers game then why do you come on here talking about numbers you idiot.

You're response supports the "obnoxious parent" comment.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are also an idiot .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"You're" response supports the "dumb parent" theory.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"You're" response supports the "dumb parent" theory.

Misspelling a word doesn't make someone obnoxious. Being obnoxious makes someone obnoxious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Liberty Black over M&D Black 12-6, down in FL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice win for them. I see TG black was left out of that bracket

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shocker! Md United East over the blue 9-8. That sucks, even if yj claims a lot of their girls weren't there. They should NEVER lose to Md United. Ever.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shocker! Md United East over the blue 9-8. That sucks, even if yj claims a lot of their girls weren't there. They should NEVER lose to Md United. Ever.

MD united has a very good team, it's not like it's Beach bums

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's impressive - good for Liberty and Long Isalnd

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Down in Maryland they're not considered as a very good team. Average, at best. Bad loss for the Unbeatable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep telling yourself that, if it makes you feel better. Md United is not that good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are ridiculous , look at the rosters , you have 2 kids from YJ top team playing and the better 2nd teams are not even there . I would bet MD the same thing .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is Mass Elite Red playing, I know a few of the teams better players are not there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SkyWalkers Blue over yj blue 9-5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SkyWalkers Blue over yj blue 9-5.

2 losses in the same weekend? Looks like someone will be missing their flght home.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are ridiculous , look at the rosters , you have 2 kids from YJ top team playing and the better 2nd teams are not even there . I would bet MD the same thing .

2 kids from yj top team playing?? not true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whenever they lose the excuses fly faster than a bullet. For a club with 1000 players they never seem to have a full team, especially when they lose. That's very odd to me, and if I was a yj parent I'd have some questions for cr.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is Mass Elite Red playing, I know a few of the teams better players are not there.

Beat TLC Red 12-10 in a good game. Other games were not close today. Can we say that's a decent win?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A decent club?? who do you think you are. These girls are committed to top D1 schools. Northwestern,Notre Dame,Boston College,Princeton,Stanford to name a few. They have some of the best players in the country and the Under Armour tournament is proof of this.

how far do the girls drive to get to practice? from what I understand its basically a regional, multi state organization and you still have never put a trophy on the mantle. but some solid wins so be happy about it. just don't expect people to be overly impressed because you have a fraction of the D1 commits of YJ or M&D and a handful of others who, by the way, have won dozens of tournaments each.

I think this poster said their kid was NOT on Mass Elite but that his/her daughter played w some of the girls at Under Armour. So I think this was a very reasonable, unaffiliated opinion. Some of those commits you refer to had offers from North Carolina and other places you might deem to be quite good lax schools. They chose other places. Different choices for different families, and no "right" answer. Just to clarify, Mass Elite generally draws from south and west of Boston, including Rhode Island. Providence is only about 35-40 minutes from where ME practices. They get the occasional players from the north side of Boston, but the traffic can be tough for practice. So probably a bit more "regional" than clubs in other areas, but not crazily so. The 2019 ME team happens to be a very strong class for the program. Where most grades at Mass Elite are good but in the second tier of clubs behind the YJs etc, I think it is fair to put the 2019s in the top tier category. They can generally play with anyone and if they were to shorten their bench like some clubs do, I would guess can beat anybody on any given day. Not that lists are the end all be all, but two of the players are on the top 20 sophomore Young Guns IL list and that doesn't include the girl that was the overall MVP at UA, someone who probably could/should be on there. Not looking to get in an argument, just saw these posts on here and wanted to put some perspective around it. For the record, my daughter plays for Mass Elite, but bounces between our "A" and "B" teams. The age group all practices together and tournament rosters are set for each tournament separately. Unlike other programs where the teams are set for the season. Girls get moved up and down throughout the year depending on who signs up for a tournament and how they have been progressing. So I know these girls and families pretty well. They are a good group. Sometimes frustratingly so smile

Sounds fair enough, I would not use UA as a benchmark for how good the mass elite 2019 team is but again a very solid team from what I have seen. Would I put them in top 5 , no but definitely knocking on the door.

I would. But to each their own. How many times have you seen them play? Can't imagine very often. And for sure you haven't seen them shorten their bench, because they never do. So it's a hypothetical argument anyway, and one that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things anyway.

top 5:M&D, YJ, SW, Capital and Heros in no particular order TG,ME,Liberty,TLC and Steps next 5 in no particular order.

Scores at G8 this summer: TLC 6 YJ 6. TLC 9 Capital 5. M&D 3 TLC 2. I'd say TLC can compete w them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whenever they lose the excuses fly faster than a bullet. For a club with 1000 players they never seem to have a full team, especially when they lose. That's very odd to me, and if I was a yj parent I'd have some questions for cr.

I know their team. We play against them often. There were plenty of their regular girls on the field. Most in fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are such a loser , YJ top team has 22 kids committed , they are at a showcase tournament in florida , how many of the YJ Carro kids do you think are on the team down there .Not an excuse just a fact , yes a YJ team lost but it's not the YJ Carro team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remove Capital from the top 5 and insert Integrity Green. Capital is probably ranked because they used to be pretty good, but not anymore. Integrity Green is pretty damned good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are such a loser , YJ top team has 22 kids committed , they are at a showcase tournament in florida , how many of the YJ Carro kids do you think are on the team down there .Not an excuse just a fact , yes a YJ team lost but it's not the YJ Carro team.

Why don't the committed yj girls play after they commit? Most other teams players do. It seems to me that if a girl commits, then quits on her team, a college coach would probably love to hear about that. If you're gonna say that by not going to a tournament after they commit it gives the uncommitted girls a chance to play, I would counter that then it would be up to the coach to play the uncommitted girls but still have the committed girls on the bench in case he needs them. But, it sounds like the parents are probably being slightly self-centered, and not allowing their wonderful committed player to travel with her team because they don't won't to waste their time. Nice attitude parents. Team first...NOT! Typical yj attitude...ME FIRST!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Liberty do against Md United East? No score posted on Tourney Machine yet, and the game was played at 4:00.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Liberty do against Md United East? No score posted on Tourney Machine yet, and the game was played at 4:00.

Disregard. I just saw that they beat Md United 12-7.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They won 12 to 7

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The one 12-7. That team is dominating. YJ not so much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see Capital Blue lost all 3 games today. If yj blue beats you, you aren't that good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why don't the committed yj girls play after they commit? Most other teams players do. It seems to me that if a girl commits, then quits on her team, a college coach would probably love to hear about that. If you're gonna say that by not going to a tournament after they commit it gives the uncommitted girls a chance to play, I would counter that then it would be up to the coach to play the uncommitted girls but still have the committed girls on the bench in case he needs them. But, it sounds like the parents are probably being slightly self-centered, and not allowing their wonderful committed player to travel with her team because they don't won't to waste their time. Nice attitude parents. Team first...NOT! Typical yj attitude...ME FIRST!

Maybe because it's expensive to go to Florida for a showcase tournament meant to showcase uncommitted girls? It doesn't matter who wins, so some parents may not feel it's worth the expense. Can't really blame them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe because it's expensive to go to Florida for a showcase tournament meant to showcase uncommitted girls? It doesn't matter who wins, so some parents may not feel it's worth the expense. Can't really blame them.

What's funny is when 2018 blue sent 25 girls down last year and only 3 were uncommitted, nobody from YJ complained when they crushed teams. When asked why so many commited girls went, the answer was they love playing together. Now when the other team loses they have an excuse why the whole team isn't there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes we can. Other team's players and parents do it. Why not the "mighty" 0-3 yj?

Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard