BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 61 of 111 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's time to take your meds.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Names are not allowed on here, for good reason, but I stand by this statement.

"Yes, he should be in 10th, not 9th. He started school late as a little boy and would not make the 9/1 cut off date if tournaments and Pal had ever adopted and enforced that rule in his youth. Water under the bridge now, he won." Lives in GC, attends Chaminade and plays for LIE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are two hold backs at Chaminade? One did 8th grade twice. He may of also had a late birthday. Right or wrong who knows ? The experiment might work well or be a disaster time will tell. How bad was the boy hurt?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U just described the boy in 12th grade. Why can't anyone get the facts straight? That current senior is going to Duke for lax. There is a current 9th grader (should be in 10th) from Carle Place who verbally committed to Maryland for lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just trying to understand the landscape. No need to be rude. The boy from Carle Place does he also have a late birthday? Could he possibly be in 11th grade. No judgement. Curios to see how this works out.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was referring to a 9th grade navy commit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who got hurt? the supposed to be 10th grade frosh or the supposed to be in college senior?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
who got hurt? the supposed to be 10th grade frosh or the supposed to be in college senior?

Freshman QB got hurt.....nothing catastrophic, thank goodness. But agree the Freshman football coaches are morons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think everyone is making such a big deal singling out one kid by putting his town etc. The best player on JV is also supposed to be in 11th grade but that doesn't mean he is not a good player and that he wont show as well next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think everyone is making such a big deal singling out one kid by putting his town etc. The best player on JV is also supposed to be in 11th grade but that doesn't mean he is not a good player and that he wont show as well next year.

This whole string, and that's what you take the argument to be about? That a holdback won't live up to the hype and perform?? Talk about totally missing the point!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you think maybe the KID reads BOTC? Think he may know a bunch of adults are shaming him for a decision his parents made? think that's OK? Perhaps some of the parents on BOTC (who never strapped on a helmet BTW) need to put KIDS before themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you think maybe the KID reads BOTC? Think he may know a bunch of adults are shaming him for a decision his parents made? think that's OK? Perhaps some of the parents on BOTC (who never strapped on a helmet BTW) need to put KIDS before themselves.

The kid reads it. The parents read it. They knew what they wanted to do regardless of fairness and/or other peoples opinions.
so be it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Welcome to the internet . . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why assume the child feels ashamed. People made decisions . Let's see the long term results. No free lunch . The topic hits a nerve.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fair is subjective. What about the boy who lost his spot to him because of a maturity advantage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BEST? Who is the best player? and if you think only one kid on the JV squad needs to be in 11th your kidding yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW, whole bunch of cold hearted adults on BOTC. I'm sure if the vitriol was directed at your son, the outrage and anger would be palpable. But it's not your son, so don't worry about it. But remember, Karma is a b*tch. You and yours will get it back someday. More than likely, Junior will get smoked by a hold back in college. Probably Junior College based on the statements here. Good luck losers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW, whole bunch of cold hearted adults on BOTC. I'm sure if the vitriol was directed at your son, the outrage and anger would be palpable. But it's not your son, so don't worry about it. But remember, Karma is a b*tch. You and yours will get it back someday. More than likely, Junior will get smoked by a hold back in college. Probably Junior College based on the statements here. Good luck losers.

Missing the point - the "vitriol" - as you stated - is not towards the kid, and that has been overtly pointed out by many of the posters - it is towards the parents and others like them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Along with the great things being a Chaminade parent entails... its part of the culture to deal with those jealous , not quite so gifted athletically or academically and who are - dare I say, poorly fit socially for Chaminade. Tolerance is a great virtue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The kid reads it. The parents read it. They knew what they wanted to do regardless of fairness and/or other peoples opinions.
so be it.

That's cut and paste from previous post, so yeah I think you a** hats are throwing the "vitriol" at the kid. But keep trying to think you're not! Be proud!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does the chaminade summer lax camp get all its $ up front now? Even they are getting into the money grab!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry I meant on jv football.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does the chaminade summer lax camp get all its $ up front now? Even they are getting into the money grab!

Beciase they sell out quick. How is that a money grab? They run a great camp with limited spots.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Beciase they sell out quick. How is that a money grab? They run a great camp with limited spots.

they could take a deposit. why the whole thing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why not?? Couple of hundred bucks. Cheapest one most of these kids will do all year. Don't go if you don't have the money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why not?? Couple of hundred bucks. Cheapest one most of these kids will do all year. Don't go if you don't have the money.

So your answer is they do it because they can. I say it's a money grab.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everything is a money grab if you don't see or have value in it. For some this is a good camp for other not so. To each their own. So many camps and clinics out there, some suck some are good. It's to the individual to determine what is right for them. So what is a money grab to you is a valuable experience to others. No need to trash it if you don't feel its worth it. Now if you gave specific examples as to why you don't like it, then I could respect that. I may agree or not agree but I would definitely respect it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everything is a money grab if you don't see or have value in it. For some this is a good camp for other not so. To each their own. So many camps and clinics out there, some suck some are good. It's to the individual to determine what is right for them. So what is a money grab to you is a valuable experience to others. No need to trash it if you don't feel its worth it. Now if you gave specific examples as to why you don't like it, then I could respect that. I may agree or not agree but I would definitely respect it.

Didn't say I didn't like it, I believe it was a money grab to require 100% up front. It's October, Camp is in July. It's not refundable....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
20+ kids in senior class committed to playing college lax

another 7 from the Junior class (so far).

pretty deep roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

pretty deep roster.

That's nice, lets see if they can produce

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

pretty deep roster.

They're a tight-knit group this year with a lot of respect for each other on and off the field. That mutual respect is also evident among the Junior and Senior parents. Very positive dynamic. Hopefully that will all contribute toward a winning season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is that a fact? so you mommies and daddies get along. who cares?
lets see how that goes when johnny is 2nd or 3rd attack line , or 2nd or 3rd goalie. lets see if the love in continues....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

pretty deep roster.

They're a tight-knit group this year with a lot of respect for each other on and off the field. That mutual respect is also evident among the Junior and Senior parents. Very positive dynamic. Hopefully that will all contribute toward a winning season.

That's nice, the same can be said for most other programs. Let's see if they can produce

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

pretty deep roster.

That's nice, the same can be said for most other programs. Let's see if they can produce

I think he's more comparing these classes to other classes at Chaminade, not necessarily to other public schools in the area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All fighting for one or two spots at Harvard for Caucasian catholic school boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

pretty deep roster.

I think he's more comparing these classes to other classes at Chaminade, not necessarily to other public schools in the area.

Nobody cares how many kids are committed, or how well the parents get along. Can they win the big games??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lindy who... Ward Melville

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so you bravely go after previous classes (parents)? what is the purpose? i'll bet that coach will be sooooo impressed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the new version of Chaminade mommies are the best . never talk behind each others back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
boo-by-Lindy Floyd getting closer to being back on top. i sense FL vs/ Floyd coming again in the near future...

Like Reply Quote
Page 61 of 111 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard