BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,740
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 102 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great tournament and all the teams played well considering weather. My son really enjoyed himself and at 11 that's what it is all about.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
With a bunch of new players on the Outlaws, the team did pretty good.

They have no offense, can't make more than two passes without dropping ball. Spent to long of stretches on defense. Should have lost their first game.

Oh, I guess your team lost then. Fall ball. New players. Went 2-1. Not 0-3. Granted, they didn't play the so called "top teams". But more importantly it's FALL BALL. Who cares?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have no offense, can't make more than two passes without dropping ball. Spent to long of stretches on defense. Should have lost their first game.

I feel bad for that team. They only returned 4 players from last year because most of the team left. They struggled on offense last year and from the looks of things they didn't do much to improve the offense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why cant anyone make a comment about a team without someone else making a negative critical remark? The original poster did not make any negative remarks about any other team. Grow the [lacrosse] up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saturday's tournament, if you look at the final bracket, proves there are 6 legitimate teams on Long Island. Teams that lost went on to beat the team they lost to which only makes for a more competitive landscape. There are probably a few more decent teams. Instead of arguing about who is the best, one of the club coordinators should organize a league in the spring for this age group. Something like OBLL but, at least with this age, there will be some consistency in the games. Sure, Igloo, S2S or Express may win most of the games but as many of you have stated, Legacy is up and coming and some of the town teams are legit. Outlaws looked pretty good and, for the benefit of the guy that said there are only 4 returning players, can get better once the team gels.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I feel bad for that team. They only returned 4 players from last year because most of the team left. They struggled on offense last year and from the looks of things they didn't do much to improve the offense.

Their second team is a disaster. looked like they got a new coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where do u get 4 players returned to outlaws.its around 11/12. Some probably not wanted back - coaches are practicing 2 times a week . Team will only get better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There you go again. Get your facts straight and stop putting these kids down. Watch your own team bully

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There you go again. Get your facts straight and stop putting these kids down. Watch your own team bully

Would never put kids down. I said i feel bad for the team. I was talking about the 2nd team or Gold team. I am a adult so unlike you I don't call people names over the computer.

I stand by my claim that the Gold team does not look good. Not because the kids are not trying, they just don't have the players to compete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That would be a dream. Spring league. No reason to travel. Love it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you are full of it... nobody has been talking about the B bracket in the recent chats. The person that said they thought the Outlaws looked good had to be talking about the Select team. If you are a parent that saw them play then you should have been on one of the apposing teams. If so, you would not have made that comment because they lost one game by a goal. If your son didn't play them then you weren't watching your own kid because all the teams play at the same time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would never put kids down. I said i feel bad for the team. I was talking about the 2nd team or Gold team. I am a adult so unlike you I don't call people names over the computer.

I stand by my claim that the Gold team does not look good. Not because the kids are not trying, they just don't have the players to compete.

My son was on the team last year and left because the practices were worse than PAL and to charge $2,000+ to have had line drills all season was a joke. Outlaws looks like it really doesn't care.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you are full of it... nobody has been talking about the B bracket in the recent chats. The person that said they thought the Outlaws looked good had to be talking about the Select team. If you are a parent that saw them play then you should have been on one of the apposing teams. If so, you would not have made that comment because they lost one game by a goal. If your son didn't play them then you weren't watching your own kid because all the teams play at the same time.

I am not sure how has your panties in a bunch. That person spoke about Outlaws Gold as a snark remark to comment made earlier that they replaced all players with better players. Now I know about the team because my son also played on the team last year and would have returned but the organization showed little regard for the paying customer. They picked up players midyear, now I know all teams do but some of these kids did not belong on that team. Not bad kids but they were clearly taken to just fill the roster. Like the other poster said $2400 and some of the kids could not catch consistently.
The only team they beat on a consistent
basis was express white and it doesn't look like that will happen again this year. So if everyone is saying express white is a money grab what is Outlaw Gold?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Regardless of which team it is that you are critiquing you should keep your comments that are degrading to yourself. You tried backstepping, and in your second paragraph you put your foot in your mouth again. You are taking it upon yourself to be judge and jury as to who should or should not compete. Who the heck are you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express White didn't look like a money grab yesterday. They actually played very well from what I saw. 2 wins and 1 loss.. Not too bad. Defense looked very good, offense as well, and the goalie did a very good job in the net. Much stronger team then they looked last year. With more practice, they are only going to get better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Regardless of which team it is that you are critiquing you should keep your comments that are degrading to yourself. You tried backstepping, and in your second paragraph you put your foot in your mouth again. You are taking it upon yourself to be judge and jury as to who should or should not compete. Who the heck are you?

I don't know what team your son played for but if a team returned only 4 players it's either because the organization did not want them back because of their skill level or they choose to leave. So however you want to slice it that's a very high turnover so something must have been up. I did not stick my foot in my mouth. I would never talk bad about a kid but as a paying customer you expect a to get what you paid for and as the parent above put it that was not the case. Where you and your no one can speak the truth talk when people spoke up and question MC about express white this week. No one said they should not be allowed to play, instead a lot of people felt the organization should charge less and focus on development. If everyone felt that was a money grab charging $2,000 and above then what does that make the Outlaw Gold team.

I know kids on the team and wish them nothing but the best.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
8-10 outlaws select kids returned. 4 gold. Not a good year for this age bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saturday's tournament, if you look at the final bracket, proves there are 6 legitimate teams on Long Island. Teams that lost went on to beat the team they lost to which only makes for a more competitive landscape. There are probably a few more decent teams. Instead of arguing about who is the best, one of the club coordinators should organize a league in the spring for this age group. Something like OBLL but, at least with this age, there will be some consistency in the games. Sure, Igloo, S2S or Express may win most of the games but as many of you have stated, Legacy is up and coming and some of the town teams are legit. Outlaws looked pretty good and, for the benefit of the guy that said there are only 4 returning players, can get better once the team gels.

And those 6 teams would be who??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express White didn't look like a money grab yesterday. They actually played very well from what I saw. 2 wins and 1 loss.. Not too bad. Defense looked very good, offense as well, and the goalie did a very good job in the net. Much stronger team then they looked last year. With more practice, they are only going to get better.

Hey Channy, stop posting to try and change your reputation. You are a money grabbing clown who could care less about the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

good for those kids getting a taste of a winning weekend. has to feel pretty good after some of the drubbings they took.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't believe it, a good showing by SYAG and we now have to hear how they are one the Top 6 on the Island until the spring. Help us!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you know what I saw them play also and they took a nice jump up. They lost the game but it's starting to look like they are getting it together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't believe it, a good showing by SYAG and we now have to hear how they are one the Top 6 on the Island until the spring. Help us!

Why can't you accept that a really good town turned travel team gave some top teams a run for their money this weekend? They played extremely well from what I saw and definitely held their own. Its a shame you can't give credit to kids who strive to do well and enter their first travel A tournament and land at the top amongst some great travel programs. You must be a parent of one of the teams they beat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone tell me, with the explosion of travel lacrosse, and with the parity that we saw this past weekend....how come there are not more games between teams? Why travel all over the place when there is such a good stable of teams right here on LI.

Seems obvious to me, but I am new to this stuff also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone tell me, with the explosion of travel lacrosse, and with the parity that we saw this past weekend....how come there are not more games between teams? Why travel all over the place when there is such a good stable of teams right here on LI.

Fall ball is bonus lacrosse. You can't judge teams by how they play in the fall for a few reasons. First, some teams will have a lot of new players that are not familiar with the offense/defense calls. Second, some teams don't really practice much in the fall because it's not necessary. Lastly, there are contributing team members that don't even play in the fall because it's football season.

To answer your question though, many of these programs run their own tourneys and the season is only essentially 8 weeks long. If the Orange team plans a tourney on the same weekend as Express or the Blue team, you won't see everyone. Also, it's nice to get off of the island and see some of the other teams. Many people on here claim that their team is top 10 in the nation, but have never played the top Maryland, Virginia, Phil and Boston clubs. Newsflash... they're awesome. A spring league would be great, but from what I gather, field space is the issue. That's how they do it in Maryland. All of the top clubs play each other every week. That's why there are so many more elite quality clubs down south.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The skill level of those kids are at a beginner PAL level. Why would a parent spend $2500 when the local PAL team cost $120. Go spend quality time with your son in the yard catching and throwing and have them play PAL " untill" he becomes good enough to make, at a minimum, a B team.

This team is nothing more than MC and KW exploiting the uneducated lacrosse parent. It's criminal and both those guys have the reputation of being nothing more than money grabbing clowns as the previous poster so nicely put it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The skill level of those kids are at a beginner PAL level. Why would a parent spend $2500 when the local PAL team cost $120. Go spend quality time with your son in the yard catching and throwing and have them play PAL " untill" he becomes good enough to make, at a minimum, a B team.

This team is nothing more than MC and KW exploiting the uneducated lacrosse parent. It's criminal and both those guys have the reputation of being nothing more than money grabbing clowns as the previous poster so nicely put it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why can't you accept that a really good town turned travel team gave some top teams a run for their money this weekend? They played extremely well from what I saw and definitely held their own. Its a shame you can't give credit to kids who strive to do well and enter their first travel A tournament and land at the top amongst some great travel programs. You must be a parent of one of the teams they beat.

Listen, town teams are made up of kids from the same town. That team isn't so please stop saying that. Also, the team beat a rebuilding Tornados team by 1. That team was never considered a top 10 team and played in a few B divisions last summer. They will be good come summer because they're doing the right things, but they're not there yet And that was the best team you played. You're not a top club. You had a good day with a very favorable schedule, but I'm not even sure you were top 6 in that tournament because you played nobody. Easies schedule does not equate to being a top team. Didn't they lose in PAL too? So you're saying that other PAL teams would be ahead of you? So that means at least 2 town teams in the top 6. Interesting theory. Go away please. You're an idiot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Travel is about going off the island and playing teams in NJ, CT, MD etc.. if you want to play against each other locally, there are plenty of tournaments where ALL the teams can attend. Igloo, Express,STS, Tornados, Outlaws could have all played each other in the columbus tournament but didn't. Why??

They tried a league type format at the hub and it didn't work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and I'm sure your son is the best player on the A team, right?
Why don't you worry about your own kid.. I like how you can judge what type of players these kids are. Did you watch your kids game at all?? or were you watching all the other games to see your sons competition to make sure he stays the best kid on the A team?? like I said, worry about your own kid, and stop putting other kids down, and stop worrying about how parents spend THEIR money, unless your paying for it!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are happy with this team for your kid then so be it. You dont have to defend it to anyone. They didn't play any legit teams this weekend. They will be in the bottom at all tournaments, just like last year. Other organizations are following MCs lead and starting their own money grab teams so they won't be alone. Enough kids try out for Express but MC doesn't care to spread out the talent. That is just the reality. Sadly it is unfair for the kids. I hope this weekend was encouraging for the kids on that team
They should practice catching and throwing all winter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone please stop. Nothing has changed at this age. The top 4 teams are still the same: Bandits a clear #1, Igloo, S2S and HBs are next. They all played each other: S2S beat HBs, HBs beat Igloo, Igloo beat S2S. Good solid competition. Igloo then won the championship. Not sure what the big deal is that Igloo beat HBs 11-2 in championship. HBs beat Igloo 9-3 an hour earlier.

Can we all move on from the BM stuff. He won with the HBs team when they were in 3rd and 4th grade! Are you kidding me? They were 7 & 8 years old. 3/4 of the kids playing now weren't even playing then. He is a good coach, let him coach his new team and let AJ coach his team.

As far as everyone else in the bracket: look at who you played. When you played good teams in the playoffs I think it is clear what level you are at. Nothing wrong with where you are. Just don't come on here saying you are a top team in the grade. You had a good day - enjoy it. You coming on here making all kind of crazy statements is what is wrong with youth lacrosse.

There are going to be some good battles between the Bandits, HBs, S2S and Igloo. For now, the Warriors, Outlaws, Tornados, etc. are the next level. No shame in that. The boys are 11. Some will get better some will get worse.

Please make sure your son enjoys playing the games - try to be supportive and not ruin his fun. At the end of the day this is supposed to be FUN! Please remember that...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said...

One thing that can be added is, whether or not your son plays on one of those four teams, it doesn't determine how good your son is. Those four teams play great team lacrosse but there are individuals on other teams that may be better. Give your kid the strength to remain on a team that may not be the top 4 if you think they are getting the most out of the program.

There is something to be said about being 1 tier below. Your son gets to play against better competition which will make him better. If your son is really good then he has an opportunity to be a leader.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone please stop. Nothing has changed at this age. The top 4 teams are still the same: Bandits a clear #1, Igloo, S2S and HBs are next. They all played each other: S2S beat HBs, HBs beat Igloo, Igloo beat S2S. Good solid competition. Igloo then won the championship. Not sure what the big deal is that Igloo beat HBs 11-2 in championship. HBs beat Igloo 9-3 an hour earlier.

Can we all move on from the BM stuff. He won with the HBs team when they were in 3rd and 4th grade! Are you kidding me? They were 7 & 8 years old. 3/4 of the kids playing now weren't even playing then. He is a good coach, let him coach his new team and let AJ coach his team.

As far as everyone else in the bracket: look at who you played. When you played good teams in the playoffs I think it is clear what level you are at. Nothing wrong with where you are. Just don't come on here saying you are a top team in the grade. You had a good day - enjoy it. You coming on here making all kind of crazy statements is what is wrong with youth lacrosse.

There are going to be some good battles between the Bandits, HBs, S2S and Igloo. For now, the Warriors, Outlaws, Tornados, etc. are the next level. No shame in that. The boys are 11. Some will get better some will get worse.

Please make sure your son enjoys playing the games - try to be supportive and not ruin his fun. At the end of the day this is supposed to be FUN! Please remember that...

So you yell at a guy for ranking teams and then rank teams? I'm confused.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

S2S is the best Fall tournament team around. They fall off considerably in the summer though. I'm not sure they belong in top tier until they beat a top team in the season. Fall tourneys don't matter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S is the best Fall tournament team around. They fall off considerably in the summer though. I'm not sure they belong in top tier until they beat a top team in the season. Fall tourneys don't matter. [/quote]

Last year was S2S first spring season. They lost to HBs 5-2 at NLF, and 11-10 in championship game at Summer Exposure in MD. They tied Igloo 5-5 in NXT. They lost to Bandits at NXT in championship 9-3 (4-3 at half).

We get it - you don't like S2S. But don't let that cloud your judgment on their talent level. Clearly they belong in the group. Competition is good whether you like it or not...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is crazy how most on this board are so worried about who is ranked where.

The bottom line is the kids will get better playing against better teams. I am happy Express, Igloo and S2S are all close.

Imagine how great this spring/summer can be if instead of spending a ton of $$$ to play average teams in Maryland, We can have 4 way scrimmages between Bandits, Express, Igloo S2S. Have a BBQ at fields and let boys enjoy playing cometitive lax and then hang out after.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Imagine how great this spring/summer can be if instead of spending a ton of $$$ to play average teams in Maryland, We can have 4 way scrimmages between Bandits, Express, Igloo S2S. Have a BBQ at fields and let boys enjoy playing cometitive lax and then hang out after.
/quote]

Agreed - throw in the Warriors, Outlaws, Tornados and whoever else want in. We would never have to leave LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After reading back the last 7-8 pages on this thread, I'm repulsed by the amount of negativity in all of the comments.
My heart goes out to the kids being raised by these individuals.
This is a sport meant to develop social skills, team concepts, to foster hard work and ultimately have fun. The fact that the focus is on belittling children, and coaches, that put in a ton of time so the kids can have a great experience - is a true testament to our current society (not good). The children of these individuals will probably tap out of this sport in the next few years based on the fact it's just NOT FUN anymore. Well done...carry on...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S is the best Fall tournament team around. They fall off considerably in the summer though. I'm not sure they belong in top tier until they beat a top team in the season. Fall tourneys don't matter.

Last year was S2S first spring season. They lost to HBs 5-2 at NLF, and 11-10 in championship game at Summer Exposure in MD. They tied Igloo 5-5 in NXT. They lost to Bandits at NXT in championship 9-3 (4-3 at half).

We get it - you don't like S2S. But don't let that cloud your judgment on their talent level. Clearly they belong in the group. Competition is good whether you like it or not... [/quote]

I'm pretty sure it said until they beat a top team. Not "losing by one at halftime". There's nothing wrong with being in the second tier. Kids will play against great competition and improve. They are a very good team; however, I'm just not sure they should be included in the top tier.

Page 32 of 102 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard