BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 91 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 90 91
Re: Boys 2024 5th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you forgot Levittown.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No - not new here. But, continually disgusted by it, and compelled to point it out! A browse through the BOTC forums usually makes me feel like I need to take a shower afterwards!

Same poster that responded to you earlier here.

I hear you. Honestly I find it a bit troubling that grown adults know so much about teams of 10 year olds that their kids are not on. How do they know about which 10 year old <club x> added this year? How do they know that 2024 <club y> is "almost, but not quite as good" as 2024 <club z>. It's borderline disturbing how some of these folks are such 10 year old lacrosse fanboys that they "know" all of this and can rank teams of 10 year old boys, and puff their chests and say "yeah my son's 10 year old team is way better than that garbage 10 year scrub team"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax without the tall middie is just another "A" travel team.
Top 5 on a good day

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
pre season ranks

1. east islip
2. BBP
3. Express A
4. Outlaws A
5. 24 A
6. igloo
7. express b
8. East Islip B
9. Outlaws B
10. 24 B

What are these rankings for? Travel? PAL? Makes no sense

come on newbie. someone help this mommy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do believe when you see the new Express team play there will be no drop.They will be able to play with and even beat any of those top teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do believe when you see the new Express team play there will be no drop.They will be able to play with and even beat any of those top teams.

You are saying this and the team has never even had a practice and the coach has yet to even reach out to the team. Did they upgrade, sure but WP and Taz are already practicing and they both had limited turnover. Enjoy a lot of 3rd and 4th place finishes Express Mommy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are saying this and the team has never even had a practice and the coach has yet to even reach out to the team. Did they upgrade, sure but WP and Taz are already practicing and they both had limited turnover. Enjoy a lot of 3rd and 4th place finishes Express Mommy

Exciting. So I guess they replaced their entire attack, defense and goalie? Wow!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry not a Mom. But I see the boys that have decided to play for Express..Pay attention...Don't be angry. Its just going to happen. Remember this thread. I will tell you I told you so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry not a Mom. But I see the boys that have decided to play for Express..Pay attention...Don't be angry. Its just going to happen. Remember this thread. I will tell you I told you so.

I know three players with A team invites who declined. It wasn't a high bar to make that team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

oh I am going to memorize this thread. I will quit my job just to memorize it all day.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We will remember that RVC Daddy, but you will be eating crow. And that team will never beat Taz or WP this season. Hate to say it but they didn't even take the best kids form the B team. A few futures kids will not save the day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We will remember that RVC Daddy, but you will be eating crow. And that team will never beat Taz or WP this season. Hate to say it but they didn't even take the best kids form the B team. A few futures kids will not save the day.

RVC Futures? Don't they get regularly mauled by BBP and Commack?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct sir

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know three players with A team invites who declined. It wasn't a high bar to make that team

Three? Try ONE declined

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Three? Try ONE declined

easy channy. you know its true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Three? Try ONE declined

well....the ONE that declined wont have to deal with a coach that never shows. Enjoy....i'd rather the "b" team !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct sir

Yes they do. And so do we. Hate to say it. BBP and Commack 2024 are a good as you get at this age. Very tough to beat

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Three? Try ONE declined

well....the ONE that declined wont have to deal with a coach that never shows. Enjoy....i'd rather the "b" team !

A few things you will need to get used too with that coach:

-He'll miss half the practices
-Practices will be once a week max (Taz & Pack will be 3x per)
-No winter training (You will be paying the B team coach for winter training)
-Coach won't know your kids name outside of the top 6-7 kids
-He will miss 2-3 tourneys per year.
-His focus is on is HS team and his 2019 team

Good luck and enjoy, coach's lack of commitment will hurt what could be a talented team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Three? Try ONE declined

The B team is great & the coach is great. Why so quick to be so negative? Try to be happy for all the boys & wish for a great season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Three? Try ONE declined

The B team is great & the coach is great. Why so quick to be so negative? Try to be happy for all the boys & wish for a great season.

Sounds like a parent who's kid was cut. Half the team is new. Excited to see how this team turns out. Heard they are starting to practice. The coaches 2019 team is now committed so he will have more time for this team. You may be surprised.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Three? Try ONE declined

ONE & that was because he knew he wasn't the #1 face off kid

easy channy. you know its true

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Three? Try ONE declined

Sounds like a parent who's kid was cut. Half the team is new. Excited to see how this team turns out. Heard they are starting to practice. The coaches 2019 team is now committed so he will have more time for this team. You may be surprised.
You might be surprised that all of his 2019's are not committed and still has to work with his HS kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Three? Try ONE declined

Everyone has started to practice. The top two teams have been going since tryouts in mid August.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scary you losers are so willing to burn out your 9/10 year olds.
Careful what you wish for you may get it.......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop it, everyone has not started to practice yet. Sure Taz and WP never stop but most top clubs start next week and you know plenty of clubs won't start until 2017.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Three? Try ONE declined

Good luck and enjoy, coach's lack of commitment will hurt what could be a talented team.

This coach is also responsible/influential for probably for more college commitments in the past 20 years than anyone.

Your going to say its a bad thing that his 1st priority is getting his 2019 team all committed first? Once that is done it seems reasonable that the 2024 team will be treated the same way. If the crazy's really are as crazy as I think then they should be falling over each other to get a spot on his team.

Kids are in 5th grade chill out...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did their 1st practice go? Did coach actually show up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Three? Try ONE declined

Then do not put your name as the coach if you are not going to coach. Seem simple.

This coach is also responsible/influential for probably for more college commitments in the past 20 years than anyone.

Your going to say its a bad thing that his 1st priority is getting his 2019 team all committed first? Once that is done it seems reasonable that the 2024 team will be treated the same way. If the crazy's really are as crazy as I think then they should be falling over each other to get a spot on his team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Three? Try ONE declined

hen do not put your name as the coach if you are not going to coach. Seem simple.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The team that everyone is talking about, that has a X in its name. That has 3 teams for 2024/ Is the most expensive one out there. By far.
Why anyone would pay that for a coach THAT NEVER SHOWS....
I have a bridge to see if anyone looking!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The team that everyone is talking about, that has a X in its name. That has 3 teams for 2024/ Is the most expensive one out there. By far.
Parents/Kids follow great coaching and that's what these kids are getting. It's all about development at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True. How come the development of WP and Taz are so far ahead of the age group. Watching those teams is a different game completely. Are the coaches that good at those 2 teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True. How come the development of WP and Taz are so far ahead of the age group. Watching those teams is a different game completely. Are the coaches that good at those 2 teams?

For one the kids and the coaches are committed to the same goal developing to be the best team they can be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both teams for the more part have been playing together for 3+ years and have coaches that go above and beyond with year round practice. Sure they have great coaches but It's just a much bigger commitment with those teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both the WP and Taz have a majority of the better boys at this age. As of right now they are far ahead of everyone else in this age group. All 4 coaches give it their all and the parents are behind their sons 100%. I agree with the above poster watching those 2 teams play against other teams and each other is a whole other level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For one the kids and the coaches are committed to the same goal developing to be the best team they can be.

And being on the best team doesn't always mean it will be the best situation for your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It also helps when you take the starters to one end of the field to practice and the rest of the players to the other end with a dad assistant for duck duck goose

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol. I gladly invite you to come watch there practices. You are sadly mistaking. But what ever makes you feel better bud.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't post if you don't have your facts straight!
One - it's not the most expensive one out there, even with the new price this year that includes almost everything and you get what you pay for! Other clubs that are less you get very few practices & 1/2 the amount of tournaments!
Two - the coach that coaches the 2nd & 3rd team is always there! Unless something major in life comes up. He threw in so many extra practices last year!! For FREE! It was the kids who didn't show! NOT the coach! So don't go posting when you have no ideas what you are talking about! Try getting Igloo's numbers and comparing...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at every age group. Historically, Big Orange and one other team are heads and tails above the rest. Many lax dads put there athletic kids in really early. 2nd grade. These kids can throw and catch and there's generally a kid that can take faceoffs; that's what makes them the best in 2nd and 3rd grade. All of the early talent lands on 2 teams. However, that generally ends in 5th grade. For all past age groups, this is the year that the gap closed and more competitive teams came to play. I'm not saying the Taz and WP won't still be top 2, but teams will be closer. Look no further than the 2023's. Express and Bandits were the top 2 clubs for 3 years. No one else was even close. But last year Igloo, Shore 2 Shore, Warriors all came knocking. Bandits lost to Igloo, Express lost a few games. My prediction is that more talented players are going to start playing travel this year and some of the non-starters from WP and Taz will move to other teams. It will make for a great year of lax.

Page 5 of 91 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 90 91

Link Copied to Clipboard