BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,552
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 268 1 2 3 4 5 267 268
Re: Boys High School Lax
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 381
Back of THE CAGE
*****
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*****
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 381
Originally Posted by Anonymous
my kids team is better than your kids team because..........

Try and post without any of the following themes that get used way to often on here

we are richer and can afford better training
we are poorer and therefore tougher
we have sidewalks
we can not smell our neighbors barbecue
our coach isn't getting indicted
our kids go home fully clothed
your better players go to private schools
we beat you last year in a scrimmage
you graduated a really good player
our dads drink Gin from real glasses not beer from red cups
we have kids committed that don't even play lacrosse
when our seniors were in 5th grade they were undefeated in PAL
you have no tradition at your school
Ty Xanders (Nuff Said)
Inside lacrosse (Nuff Said)
hey Mike - Put a face on this
Our JV beat your JV last year
we are the only HS on LI that has zero kids blazin'

and

We are better then you


This whole argument is such BS. There are good and bad kids that go to privates and public. There are kids that come from horrible homes and are great kids and horrible kids that come from great homes. To assume someone is affluent because they send their child to a private school is just silly. How do you know if a a parent or parents are not working multiple jobs and sacrificing just so they may send their child to a private because that what suits their needs. Example parents bought a home in an under performing academic school district. So they work hard and put money away to send their child to a private. In my experience there are also those who live in very affluent towns that have bad schools so parents also send their kids to privates. There are so many different variations of this story it could take 100's of pages to type. The thing is to each their own and to judge from the outside is just ridiculous.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
my kids team is better than your kids team because..........

Try and post without any of the following themes that get used way to often on here

we are richer and can afford better training
we are poorer and therefore tougher
we have sidewalks
we can not smell our neighbors barbecue
our coach isn't getting indicted
our kids go home fully clothed
your better players go to private schools
we beat you last year in a scrimmage
you graduated a really good player
our dads drink Gin from real glasses not beer from red cups
we have kids committed that don't even play lacrosse
when our seniors were in 5th grade they were undefeated in PAL
you have no tradition at your school
Ty Xanders (Nuff Said)
Inside lacrosse (Nuff Said)
hey Mike - Put a face on this
Our JV beat your JV last year
we are the only HS on LI that has zero kids blazin'

and

We are better then you


Best post of the year....!!!

But if everyone did this BOTC would not be so much fun.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
Originally Posted by Anonymous
my kids team is better than your kids team because..........

Try and post without any of the following themes that get used way to often on here

we are richer and can afford better training
we are poorer and therefore tougher
we have sidewalks
we can not smell our neighbors barbecue
our coach isn't getting indicted
our kids go home fully clothed
your better players go to private schools
we beat you last year in a scrimmage
you graduated a really good player
our dads drink Gin from real glasses not beer from red cups
we have kids committed that don't even play lacrosse
when our seniors were in 5th grade they were undefeated in PAL
you have no tradition at your school
Ty Xanders (Nuff Said)
Inside lacrosse (Nuff Said)
hey Mike - Put a face on this
Our JV beat your JV last year
we are the only HS on LI that has zero kids blazin'

and

We are better then you


This whole argument is such BS. There are good and bad kids that go to privates and public. There are kids that come from horrible homes and are great kids and horrible kids that come from great homes. To assume someone is affluent because they send their child to a private school is just silly. How do you know if a a parent or parents are not working multiple jobs and sacrificing just so they may send their child to a private because that what suits their needs. Example parents bought a home in an under performing academic school district. So they work hard and put money away to send their child to a private. In my experience there are also those who live in very affluent towns that have bad schools so parents also send their kids to privates. There are so many different variations of this story it could take 100's of pages to type. The thing is to each their own and to judge from the outside is just ridiculous.


+1

Which speaks to my original point that his premise was patently false and misguided......

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you forgot about the rude people at the morning breakfast spot in that certain town. (Politically correct enough for ya?)

oh yeah and visor dad...

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
WI had a strong team plus they are bringing up a few kids to make them even better than last year and with superior coaching it should be fun one to watch.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We're you at hotbeds? Their were good games to watch especially the playoffs.


Yes there were some good games, but IMHO the overall field of teams was very weak. Good for WI for winning it, but I dont think its an indication of anything. WI will be competitive as always because of their superior coaching which will be masking some serious holes, but I dont see them matching up with Smithtown East or Ward Melville.


last year for Smith East
Ward Melville has some years left and coming up
Smith West could surprise
Wi don't see them above those 2 even though a few very talented players, but that coach could do wonders, just that I don't see the parents like the past.
Quot??
Hills ???
Riverhead

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Visor Dad - Faster than a speeding turtle, more powerful than a toyota prius, able to leap small curbs in a single bound... look up in the sky, its a bird, its Chad, no its VISOR DAD... love that guy.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
WI had a strong team plus they are bringing up a few kids to make them even better than last year and with superior coaching it should be fun one to watch.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We're you at hotbeds? Their were good games to watch especially the playoffs.


Yes there were some good games, but IMHO the overall field of teams was very weak. Good for WI for winning it, but I dont think its an indication of anything. WI will be competitive as always because of their superior coaching which will be masking some serious holes, but I dont see them matching up with Smithtown East or Ward Melville.


last year for Smith East
Ward Melville has some years left and coming up
Smith West could surprise
Wi don't see them above those 2 even though a few very talented players, but that coach could do wonders, just that I don't see the parents like the past.
Quot??
Hills ???
Riverhead


Can Bay Shore pull up another player or 2 to fill gaps. Shame that St Johns and St Anthony's has their attackman (Imagine if last year their Attack was a Drexel, Penn St and Lehigh commit). Not to mention the Mid ship Commit. All involved with that big school's athletic administration should be fired! See what happens when their is no Superintendent. Those 2 coaches have really been a miracle workers. Funny how other districts have multiple coaches and complain about it and those 2 guys have had no support.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Visor Dad - Faster than a speeding turtle, more powerful than a toyota prius, able to leap small curbs in a single bound... look up in the sky, its a bird, its Chad, no its VISOR DAD... love that guy.


so good on so many levels - thank you

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
WI had a strong team plus they are bringing up a few kids to make them even better than last year and with superior coaching it should be fun one to watch.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We're you at hotbeds? Their were good games to watch especially the playoffs.


Yes there were some good games, but IMHO the overall field of teams was very weak. Good for WI for winning it, but I dont think its an indication of anything. WI will be competitive as always because of their superior coaching which will be masking some serious holes, but I dont see them matching up with Smithtown East or Ward Melville.


last year for Smith East
Ward Melville has some years left and coming up
Smith West could surprise
Wi don't see them above those 2 even though a few very talented players, but that coach could do wonders, just that I don't see the parents like the past.
Quot??
Hills ???
Riverhead


Can Bay Shore pull up another player or 2 to fill gaps. Shame that St Johns and St Anthony's has their attackman (Imagine if last year their Attack was a Drexel, Penn St and Lehigh commit). Not to mention the Mid ship Commit. All involved with that big school's athletic administration should be fired! See what happens when their is no Superintendent. Those 2 coaches have really been a miracle workers. Funny how other districts have multiple coaches and complain about it and those 2 guys have had no support.


From what I'm hearing, you sure you want the Drexel commit?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cox and Spruyt coaches are great. Those kids leaving are going to be terribly disappointed they went to st ants and Sjb. Buyer beware. Bay shore coaches are very good. Academics better too at BS.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cox and Spruyt coaches are great. Those kids leaving are going to be terribly disappointed they went to st ants and Sjb. Buyer beware. Bay shore coaches are very good. Academics better too at BS.


Have to agree, SA academics are the worst. Uncertified teachers who do not teach content accurately. If you do't hire a public HS teacher as a tutor, or are really smart and proficient learning on your own GOOD LUCK!!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If I were a coach with the choice to recruit only one of these players, I would take the public school kid.

Chances are he comes from a family that knows what it's like to work hard and not have a silver spoon in his mouth. Real world, better work ethic, more blue collar, and fights for what he gets. I am after all, a hard working employee on a collegiate salary...far from the starched white collar pretentious parent. Plus, my team will already have many of the snobs who don't realize I am using them for their money since they can pay near full tuition while given a small percentage scholarship. (They think they're so smart!)

Also, the parents of the public school athlete know not to expect anything, whereas the private school parents are going to chew my ear off and play politics during which I will have to nod politely ad nauseam...and cringe as they present themselves in docksiders, pink shorts and a sweater draped over their shoulders. Please.

I think the few times during the season we have a post game family meal, I'd prefer to associate with a family more like my own, so the public school kid is in. You see, I just don't like the veneer of the rich families.

Finally, the public school kid is going to work harder on the field to destroy and silence the rich boy snobs that are two years older, but are in the same recruiting class. I love seeing that fire in the public school athlete then watching the rich boys call their folks right after practice wondering what to do...internally hoping his helicopter parents could call me to discuss better opportunities.

Oh, by the way, I have far less private meetings with the public school kid, but I wish I had a dollar for every time a rich private school boy came to my office in near tears hoping I'd console him cause he can't adjust. Sorry, real life lesson son. Tough love. The public school kid understands what to do.

Final choice: the public school kid, who doesn't care what helmet he is wearing because he knows that's not what makes him better. It's his character, what's inside...not the helmet or parents that shield him. I'll know my recruit plays with his heart, hustles to prove his worth and expects nothing.

Did you really think I'd take a kid who arrogantly thinks he's better and deserves the slot because his pretentious parents raised him to believe such nonsense? He still has a lot to learn and 4-5 years of college isn't enough.


On Long Island, the top public school players tend to be from schools that are far "fancier" than the only two good private schools (Chaminade and St. Anthony's -- Chaminade is still the cheapest Catholic school in the NYC/LI area outside of Regis, which is free).

Let's look at the best public school programs in the Tri-State area: Garden City, Manhasset, Stony Brook, Cold Spring Harbor, Syosset, Darien, New Canaan, Bronxville, etc.

Wow! Such tough, hard-working, blue-collar public school kids!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ST Anthonys= Lax Bro Acadamy

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If I were a coach with the choice to recruit only one of these players, I would take the public school kid.

Chances are he comes from a family that knows what it's like to work hard and not have a silver spoon in his mouth. Real world, better work ethic, more blue collar, and fights for what he gets. I am after all, a hard working employee on a collegiate salary...far from the starched white collar pretentious parent. Plus, my team will already have many of the snobs who don't realize I am using them for their money since they can pay near full tuition while given a small percentage scholarship. (They think they're so smart!)

Also, the parents of the public school athlete know not to expect anything, whereas the private school parents are going to chew my ear off and play politics during which I will have to nod politely ad nauseam...and cringe as they present themselves in docksiders, pink shorts and a sweater draped over their shoulders. Please.

I think the few times during the season we have a post game family meal, I'd prefer to associate with a family more like my own, so the public school kid is in. You see, I just don't like the veneer of the rich families.

Finally, the public school kid is going to work harder on the field to destroy and silence the rich boy snobs that are two years older, but are in the same recruiting class. I love seeing that fire in the public school athlete then watching the rich boys call their folks right after practice wondering what to do...internally hoping his helicopter parents could call me to discuss better opportunities.

Oh, by the way, I have far less private meetings with the public school kid, but I wish I had a dollar for every time a rich private school boy came to my office in near tears hoping I'd console him cause he can't adjust. Sorry, real life lesson son. Tough love. The public school kid understands what to do.

Final choice: the public school kid, who doesn't care what helmet he is wearing because he knows that's not what makes him better. It's his character, what's inside...not the helmet or parents that shield him. I'll know my recruit plays with his heart, hustles to prove his worth and expects nothing.

Did you really think I'd take a kid who arrogantly thinks he's better and deserves the slot because his pretentious parents raised him to believe such nonsense? He still has a lot to learn and 4-5 years of college isn't enough.


On Long Island, the top public school players tend to be from schools that are far "fancier" than the only two good private schools (Chaminade and St. Anthony's -- Chaminade is still the cheapest Catholic school in the NYC/LI area outside of Regis, which is free).

Let's look at the best public school programs in the Tri-State area: Garden City, Manhasset, Stony Brook, Cold Spring Harbor, Syosset, Darien, New Canaan, Bronxville, etc.

Wow! Such tough, hard-working, blue-collar public school kids!


Best? Think you left out Pequa and the Smithtowns. Blue collar kids getting the job done!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 381
Back of THE CAGE
*****
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*****
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 381
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If I were a coach with the choice to recruit only one of these players, I would take the public school kid.

Chances are he comes from a family that knows what it's like to work hard and not have a silver spoon in his mouth. Real world, better work ethic, more blue collar, and fights for what he gets. I am after all, a hard working employee on a collegiate salary...far from the starched white collar pretentious parent. Plus, my team will already have many of the snobs who don't realize I am using them for their money since they can pay near full tuition while given a small percentage scholarship. (They think they're so smart!)

Also, the parents of the public school athlete know not to expect anything, whereas the private school parents are going to chew my ear off and play politics during which I will have to nod politely ad nauseam...and cringe as they present themselves in docksiders, pink shorts and a sweater draped over their shoulders. Please.

I think the few times during the season we have a post game family meal, I'd prefer to associate with a family more like my own, so the public school kid is in. You see, I just don't like the veneer of the rich families.

Finally, the public school kid is going to work harder on the field to destroy and silence the rich boy snobs that are two years older, but are in the same recruiting class. I love seeing that fire in the public school athlete then watching the rich boys call their folks right after practice wondering what to do...internally hoping his helicopter parents could call me to discuss better opportunities.

Oh, by the way, I have far less private meetings with the public school kid, but I wish I had a dollar for every time a rich private school boy came to my office in near tears hoping I'd console him cause he can't adjust. Sorry, real life lesson son. Tough love. The public school kid understands what to do.

Final choice: the public school kid, who doesn't care what helmet he is wearing because he knows that's not what makes him better. It's his character, what's inside...not the helmet or parents that shield him. I'll know my recruit plays with his heart, hustles to prove his worth and expects nothing.

Did you really think I'd take a kid who arrogantly thinks he's better and deserves the slot because his pretentious parents raised him to believe such nonsense? He still has a lot to learn and 4-5 years of college isn't enough.


On Long Island, the top public school players tend to be from schools that are far "fancier" than the only two good private schools (Chaminade and St. Anthony's -- Chaminade is still the cheapest Catholic school in the NYC/LI area outside of Regis, which is free).

Let's look at the best public school programs in the Tri-State area: Garden City, Manhasset, Stony Brook, Cold Spring Harbor, Syosset, Darien, New Canaan, Bronxville, etc.

Wow! Such tough, hard-working, blue-collar public school kids!


I am sorry but you seem to be counting other peoples money and how they made it. You are telling me, you know that these parents are not working 80 hour weeks at what they do. Let it be stocks or turning a wrench. Whatever they do they must be good at it but its their money and how they spend it is their choice. Go count your money not somebody else's. Odds are many of these non blue collar guys are actually that but you dont know it.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If I were a coach with the choice to recruit only one of these players, I would take the public school kid.

Chances are he comes from a family that knows what it's like to work hard and not have a silver spoon in his mouth. Real world, better work ethic, more blue collar, and fights for what he gets. I am after all, a hard working employee on a collegiate salary...far from the starched white collar pretentious parent. Plus, my team will already have many of the snobs who don't realize I am using them for their money since they can pay near full tuition while given a small percentage scholarship. (They think they're so smart!)

Also, the parents of the public school athlete know not to expect anything, whereas the private school parents are going to chew my ear off and play politics during which I will have to nod politely ad nauseam...and cringe as they present themselves in docksiders, pink shorts and a sweater draped over their shoulders. Please.

I think the few times during the season we have a post game family meal, I'd prefer to associate with a family more like my own, so the public school kid is in. You see, I just don't like the veneer of the rich families.

Finally, the public school kid is going to work harder on the field to destroy and silence the rich boy snobs that are two years older, but are in the same recruiting class. I love seeing that fire in the public school athlete then watching the rich boys call their folks right after practice wondering what to do...internally hoping his helicopter parents could call me to discuss better opportunities.

Oh, by the way, I have far less private meetings with the public school kid, but I wish I had a dollar for every time a rich private school boy came to my office in near tears hoping I'd console him cause he can't adjust. Sorry, real life lesson son. Tough love. The public school kid understands what to do.

Final choice: the public school kid, who doesn't care what helmet he is wearing because he knows that's not what makes him better. It's his character, what's inside...not the helmet or parents that shield him. I'll know my recruit plays with his heart, hustles to prove his worth and expects nothing.

Did you really think I'd take a kid who arrogantly thinks he's better and deserves the slot because his pretentious parents raised him to believe such nonsense? He still has a lot to learn and 4-5 years of college isn't enough.


On Long Island, the top public school players tend to be from schools that are far "fancier" than the only two good private schools (Chaminade and St. Anthony's -- Chaminade is still the cheapest Catholic school in the NYC/LI area outside of Regis, which is free).

Let's look at the best public school programs in the Tri-State area: Garden City, Manhasset, Stony Brook, Cold Spring Harbor, Syosset, Darien, New Canaan, Bronxville, etc.

Wow! Such tough, hard-working, blue-collar public school kids!


Best? Think you left out Pequa and the Smithtowns. Blue collar kids getting the job done!


Pequa not getting it done last 2 years... Sorry.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
WI had a strong team plus they are bringing up a few kids to make them even better than last year and with superior coaching it should be fun one to watch.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We're you at hotbeds? Their were good games to watch especially the playoffs.


Yes there were some good games, but IMHO the overall field of teams was very weak. Good for WI for winning it, but I dont think its an indication of anything. WI will be competitive as always because of their superior coaching which will be masking some serious holes, but I dont see them matching up with Smithtown East or Ward Melville.


last year for Smith East
Ward Melville has some years left and coming up
Smith West could surprise
Wi don't see them above those 2 even though a few very talented players, but that coach could do wonders, just that I don't see the parents like the past.
Quot??
Hills ???
Riverhead


What does the " I don't see the parents like the past" observation mean ? Lack of fan support ?


Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cox and Spruyt coaches are great. Those kids leaving are going to be terribly disappointed they went to st ants and Sjb. Buyer beware. Bay shore coaches are very good. Academics better too at BS.


Have to agree, SA academics are the worst. Uncertified teachers who do not teach content accurately. If you do't hire a public HS teacher as a tutor, or are really smart and proficient learning on your own GOOD LUCK!!


LOL, guess you gotta have faith.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cox and Spruyt coaches are great. Those kids leaving are going to be terribly disappointed they went to st ants and Sjb. Buyer beware. Bay shore coaches are very good. Academics better too at BS.


Have to agree, SA academics are the worst. Uncertified teachers who do not teach content accurately. If you do't hire a public HS teacher as a tutor, or are really smart and proficient learning on your own GOOD LUCK!!


LOL, guess you gotta have faith.


Hey, George Micheal's!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cox and Spruyt coaches are great. Those kids leaving are going to be terribly disappointed they went to st ants and Sjb. Buyer beware. Bay shore coaches are very good. Academics better too at BS.


Have to agree, SA academics are the worst. Uncertified teachers who do not teach content accurately. If you do't hire a public HS teacher as a tutor, or are really smart and proficient learning on your own GOOD LUCK!!


LOL, guess you gotta have faith.


lol, yeah ok, IM SURE they will be disappointed .

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cox and Spruyt coaches are great. Those kids leaving are going to be terribly disappointed they went to st ants and Sjb. Buyer beware. Bay shore coaches are very good. Academics better too at BS.


Have to agree, SA academics are the worst. Uncertified teachers who do not teach content accurately. If you do't hire a public HS teacher as a tutor, or are really smart and proficient learning on your own GOOD LUCK!!


LOL, guess you gotta have faith.


You can debate academics until the end of time, bright, dedicated kids will do well In publics and catholics, no doubt coaches are capable and good guys, but please let's not compare the lax program at Bay Shore with a school like St Anthony's, I can appreciate the support for your school district but talking lax is a little bit disingenuous

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The lax at St Anthony's is much more competitive. You can guarantee also that you will be belittled, shamed and you will never develop on that team. The favorites play no matter the talent The others thrive in college!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lax Power

St A.....#9 in country

Bayshore.....#21 in sec 11....couldn't find nationally.

Facts only on BOTC

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The lax at St Anthony's is much more competitive. You can guarantee also that you will be belittled, shamed and you will never develop on that team. The favorites play no matter the talent The others thrive in college!


Wow this word for word could be talking about the Syosset lacrosse varsity team/coach and not St Anthony's. The two could be interchangeable . What a shame for the kids.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
WI had a strong team plus they are bringing up a few kids to make them even better than last year and with superior coaching it should be fun one to watch.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We're you at hotbeds? Their were good games to watch especially the playoffs.


Yes there were some good games, but IMHO the overall field of teams was very weak. Good for WI for winning it, but I dont think its an indication of anything. WI will be competitive as always because of their superior coaching which will be masking some serious holes, but I dont see them matching up with Smithtown East or Ward Melville.


last year for Smith East
Ward Melville has some years left and coming up
Smith West could surprise
Wi don't see them above those 2 even though a few very talented players, but that coach could do wonders, just that I don't see the parents like the past.
Quot??
Hills ???
Riverhead


Can Bay Shore pull up another player or 2 to fill gaps. Shame that St Johns and St Anthony's has their attackman (Imagine if last year their Attack was a Drexel, Penn St and Lehigh commit). Not to mention the Mid ship Commit. All involved with that big school's athletic administration should be fired! See what happens when their is no Superintendent. Those 2 coaches have really been a miracle workers. Funny how other districts have multiple coaches and complain about it and those 2 guys have had no support.


From what I'm hearing, you sure you want the Drexel commit?


Me, yes. I think he, along with a freshman at SJB, would had been a big asset.

The questions I took out of this was, how many 8th graders will they pull up. Forget about who has left and if they will be disappointmented, but don't lose sight of the future 2021 2022. The other was, how many coaches do the other large schools have on their staffs be it volunteers or paid? Credit where credit is due with the 2 coaches, you showed you can compete with just 2 coaches and 8th graders. Can you get to the next level, I think you can with more coaches and some 8 th graders

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
my kids team is better than your kids team because..........

Try and post without any of the following themes that get used way to often on here

we are richer and can afford better training
we are poorer and therefore tougher
we have sidewalks
we can not smell our neighbors barbecue
our coach isn't getting indicted
our kids go home fully clothed
your better players go to private schools
we beat you last year in a scrimmage
you graduated a really good player
our dads drink Gin from real glasses not beer from red cups
we have kids committed that don't even play lacrosse
when our seniors were in 5th grade they were undefeated in PAL
you have no tradition at your school
Ty Xanders (Nuff Said)
Inside lacrosse (Nuff Said)
hey Mike - Put a face on this
Our JV beat your JV last year
we are the only HS on LI that has zero kids blazin'

and

We are better then you


If you knew the team, last year could have been a lot different. Lots of player movement, maybe because of the social economic environment maybe because of the lack of tradition. I can't see why, it's nice to stroll along on that Main Street. Great atmosphere and restaurants, even sidewalks. What more could you ask for an eclectic town with blue collar families teaching tough family values. Sure some coaches, but not lax coaches, have been questionably removed, but not for having a student leave the school in their underwear, just maybe trying to getin them.

Seriously, fill in the blank.... Could be many. Winning or losing schools

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The lax at St Anthony's is much more competitive. You can guarantee also that you will be belittled, shamed and you will never develop on that team. The favorites play no matter the talent The others thrive in college!


Wow this word for word could be talking about the Syosset lacrosse varsity team/coach and not St Anthony's. The two could be interchangeable . What a shame for the kids.


Stop, you are embarrassing yourself. Keep Syosset out of this nonsense. You have no idea what you are talking about. Syosset Lax is a meritocracy... If you work hard and have skill you play - full stop. Don't drag Syosset into your petty arguments.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
my kids team is better than your kids team because..........

Try and post without any of the following themes that get used way to often on here

we are richer and can afford better training
we are poorer and therefore tougher
we have sidewalks
we can not smell our neighbors barbecue
our coach isn't getting indicted
our kids go home fully clothed
your better players go to private schools
we beat you last year in a scrimmage
you graduated a really good player
our dads drink Gin from real glasses not beer from red cups
we have kids committed that don't even play lacrosse
when our seniors were in 5th grade they were undefeated in PAL
you have no tradition at your school
Ty Xanders (Nuff Said)
Inside lacrosse (Nuff Said)
hey Mike - Put a face on this
Our JV beat your JV last year
we are the only HS on LI that has zero kids blazin'

and

We are better then you


If you knew the team, last year could have been a lot different. Lots of player movement, maybe because of the social economic environment maybe because of the lack of tradition. I can't see why, it's nice to stroll along on that Main Street. Great atmosphere and restaurants, even sidewalks. What more could you ask for an eclectic town with blue collar families teaching tough family values. Sure some coaches, but not lax coaches, have been questionably removed, but not for having a student leave the school in their underwear, just maybe trying to getin them.

Seriously, fill in the blank.... Could be many. Winning or losing schools


Yes... Tough family values... My son's HS Football Team had a scrimmage there a few years back.. All the kids bags where robbed of wallets and cell phones while the kids were on the field... Nice town!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The lax at St Anthony's is much more competitive. You can guarantee also that you will be belittled, shamed and you will never develop on that team. The favorites play no matter the talent The others thrive in college!


Wow this word for word could be talking about the Syosset lacrosse varsity team/coach and not St Anthony's. The two could be interchangeable . What a shame for the kids.


Could be any number of school

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True, but the 8th grade Bay Shore attackman that left was the points leader for all of long island during the regular season prior to playoffs, difficult in a program like Bay Shore to replace nearly 100 points from one position. The town has a lot of lax talent, unfortunately most of the true talent goes to the either SA or SJB as freshman. REAL question is why do they leave?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The lax at St Anthony's is much more competitive. You can guarantee also that you will be belittled, shamed and you will never develop on that team. The favorites play no matter the talent The others thrive in college!


Wow this word for word could be talking about the Syosset lacrosse varsity team/coach and not St Anthony's. The two could be interchangeable . What a shame for the kids.


Stop, you are embarrassing yourself. Keep Syosset out of this nonsense. You have no idea what you are talking about. Syosset Lax is a meritocracy... If you work hard and have skill you play - full stop. Don't drag Syosset into your petty arguments.


the second poster is obviously a Syo parent whose kid is or was not playing as much as they would like - probably part of that "interesting" class of 2018

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In 2015 WI lost pretty bad to SE and SW.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The lax at St Anthony's is much more competitive. You can guarantee also that you will be belittled, shamed and you will never develop on that team. The favorites play no matter the talent The others thrive in college!


Wow this word for word could be talking about the Syosset lacrosse varsity team/coach and not St Anthony's. The two could be interchangeable . What a shame for the kids.


Stop, you are embarrassing yourself. Keep Syosset out of this nonsense. You have no idea what you are talking about. Syosset Lax is a meritocracy... If you work hard and have skill you play - full stop. Don't drag Syosset into your petty arguments.


the second poster is obviously a Syo parent whose kid is or was not playing as much as they would like - probably part of that "interesting" class of 2018


Agree... They can't get over that their son's travel coach tells them that their kid is the best thing since sliced bread and should be starting on varsity, while he is at the bank cashing their check.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
05/12/2016 WI vs Smithtown West 9-8 W
04/13/2016 WI vs Smithtown East 7-16 L


Originally Posted by Anonymous
In 2015 WI lost pretty bad to SE and SW.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cox and Spruyt coaches are great. Those kids leaving are going to be terribly disappointed they went to st ants and Sjb. Buyer beware. Bay shore coaches are very good. Academics better too at BS.


please stop. I just threw up in my mouth. BS is BS at every level except the track team. don't let the average coaches take credit for the lone prodigy in the last 20 years that sharpened his skills on the club lax circuit. good for him for getting out of that S hole.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
lax Power

St A.....#9 in country

Bayshore.....#21 in sec 11....couldn't find nationally.

Facts only on BOTC


facts are facts....and BS is BS

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cox and Spruyt coaches are great. Those kids leaving are going to be terribly disappointed they went to st ants and Sjb. Buyer beware. Bay shore coaches are very good. Academics better too at BS.


please stop. I just threw up in my mouth. BS is BS at every level except the track team. don't let the average coaches take credit for the lone prodigy in the last 20 years that sharpened his skills on the club lax circuit. good for him for getting out of that S hole.


hardly the only prodigy i the last 20 years but the others also left after 8th grade

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
05/12/2016 WI vs Smithtown West 9-8 W
04/13/2016 WI vs Smithtown East 7-16 L


Originally Posted by Anonymous
In 2015 WI lost pretty bad to SE and SW.


And half the team graduated, what is your point ?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Y
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cox and Spruyt coaches are great. Those kids leaving are going to be terribly disappointed they went to st ants and Sjb. Buyer beware. Bay shore coaches are very good. Academics better too at BS.


please stop. I just threw up in my mouth. BS is BS at every level except the track team. don't let the average coaches take credit for the lone prodigy in the last 20 years that sharpened his skills on the club lax circuit. good for him for getting out of that S hole.


hardly the only prodigy i the last 20 years but the others also left after 8th grade


Ah yeah he is , kid is by far the most prolific player at the age to EVER play at that school, was the leading scorer on Long Island scoring around 98 /99 points for the regular season as a 13 year old 8th grader, BS program a joke. Just a fact numbers don't lie , coaches DO NOTHING at any level to develop those kids.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
he's baaaaaaaaaack

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 268 1 2 3 4 5 267 268
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification



Link Copied to Clipboard












Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4