BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,788
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 45 of 111 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where are you getting 100 kids coming out for Varsity team ??
Not even close

100 come out freshman year for lax, by varsity obviously the hopefuls have dwindled.

At chaminade you have at least the 50 juniors who played JV the year before and the 25 to 30 seniors who were on varsity last year. So for varsity tryout , you are at 75 without much effort. Syosset , Farminfdale , Port all have freshman and sophomores getting time. Way smaller pool in public school. Even in the big public schools !

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not even close

100 come out freshman year for lax, by varsity obviously the hopefuls have dwindled.

At chaminade you have at least the 50 juniors who played JV the year before and the 25 to 30 seniors who were on varsity last year. So for varsity tryout , you are at 75 without much effort. Syosset , Farminfdale , Port all have freshman and sophomores getting time. Way smaller pool in public school. Even in the big public schools !

This theory erroneously assumes that all 50 kids who played lacrosse in the 10th grade try out for varsity the following year. In fact, a number of those players -- particularly those who played very little as sophs -- do not try out for varsity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not even close

Of course the pools are smaller, even at the larger publics. We've recruited all your talented players. First we identify the best youngsters on the elementary age teams at LI Express. Then we figure out what besides lacrosse they enjoy. Some kids have to be given video consoles, some want some cool new clothes, heck a few just want us to give their Mom some nice earrings or stuff like that.

Then we start to get the recruiting packages pulled together. We research where they they might want to go to school. But even better than that we find out what they want to do later in life. If they want Wall Street, heck that's easy we can
Rooms them a nice Investment Banking slot. They think they want to be a lawyer, no problem. They want to work on TV or movies? Do you know 17 ex-lacrosse players work on the Bill O'Reilly Show?

But at the end of the process who is gonna turn down a free tuition and a car? Not many.

So, yeah all the good players are at the Catholics.......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could this be a 7 loss year? Heavens to mercy LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope so

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won today?
delbarton/nj

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if you are 4th and 9th in the nation with 100's of kids coming out for the team, how does 123rd in the nation stack up with 15 kids that can play and underclassmen filling in the voids? I guess coaching does matter.

No doubt coaching matters. Chaminade's is off the charts terrible with the talent they have there this year. To end the season with potentially 7 losses is the worst season in 20 years. But they will blame the kids and say they didn't listen to their 1981 offense that they keep running (again, a former goalie is their offensive coordinator). The game has passed those coaches by. Maybe they should worry about teaching the kids instead of trying to be tough guys. Also, they should probably stop playing politics - as bad there as anywhere I have seen it (and I have 4 kids).

St. As is a little better because they don't have nearly the talent this year that Chaminade has but has beat them twice (albeit by 1 goal each time).

Like a previous poster said. With the amount of talent on these teams the coaches could just roll out a ball and get 12 wins - looks like that's what they did this year...

Being a goalie has nothing to do with it. Just an FYI the coach of the Washington Capitals is a former Hofstra lacrosse player. They are a pretty damn good hockey team. They're are many people coaching who were defensive players coaching offenses and offensive players coaching defense. It's the coach, not the former position. Was he a D1 goalie? I'm sure his many years of lacrosse opened him up to offenses, and also, who better to know offensive strategy than a goalie? He has seen it all, played against it, knows what works, what doesn't.

Not to be that guy, but I think you are referring to John Cooper the head Coach of the Tampa Bay Lightning, who did indeed play club hockey and D1 lacrosse for Hofstra. He played midfield and is known for creating great cultures of winning and tradition....... [/quote]

I stand corrected, thank you. My point was, he was primarily a lax man, became a pro hockey coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some background on Delbarton:
Starting attack: 3 seniors - no commitments
Starting midfield: 1 uncommitted senior, 1 jr committed to Villanova, another junior uncommitted.
2nd midfield: senior committed to Providence, uncommitted senior and junior.
Another jr that is committed to Cornell is out for the season.
FOGO is uncommitted jr.
LSM senior and LSM junior uncommitted
SSDMS are all uncommitted.
Starting close D: senior committed to Notre Dame, senior committed to Trinity (DIII) and jr committed to Lehigh. The other 2 close D are uncommitted jrs.
Goalie committed to Gettysburg.

On paper this team doesn't compare to Chaminade, St. A or Malvern Prep, yet they beat all 3. Go figure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So any excuses for the inappropriate behavior of the former Chaminade President? Send my kid? Nah, I'll pass..............

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So any excuses for the inappropriate behavior of the former Chaminade President? Send my kid? Nah, I'll pass..............

Very nice that the powers at be knew about this since 2011 and we're just hearing about it now. Those are some great values over there. Surely, this wouldn't have had any impact on a parents decision to send their prey to such a place. Disgusting. I'm Catholic, and I've always said that whole boys only deal gave me the creeps, now I know why!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very nice that the powers at be knew about this since 2011 and we're just hearing about it now. Those are some great values over there. Surely, this wouldn't have had any impact on a parents decision to send their prey to such a place. Disgusting. I'm Catholic, and I've always said that whole boys only deal gave me the creeps, now I know why!!!

Disgusting! Pull your kid and ask for a refund! And people think values are taught there??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Slow down, my kids don't even go there but is anyone if the opinion that the public school teachers are perfect? Come on there are plenty of lousy public school teachers. Stop with the nonsense. I guess no one commenting will be sending junior to Penn State right? Except if they offer him the golden ticket, then its off to Happy Valley. Hypocrite

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Devil's greatest trick was lacrosse at Jesuit schools and colleges.

Unless you're prepared to give me other reasons why a repressed youth would be a good bargain.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disgusting! Pull your kid and ask for a refund! And people think values are taught there??

Ha, Ha. There are no refunds at Chaminade! You can check out any time you like, but you (and your $) can never leave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess your kids weren't bright enough to get in….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The key is a very detailed investigation take place and hope it hasn't spread to their sister school Kellenberg and the others..every parent please talk to your boys and ask questions to hopefully make sure it doesn't continue to happen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bright enough to stay away from Chaminade! Never felt the need to leave the fine public school district, worked out great, son headed to top school with a substantial scholarship. Sorry the grass didn't turn out to be greener for you , attending a pompous school whose reputation is now destroyed!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the Osmonds so eloquently said many years ago..........."one bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch, baby"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bright enough to stay away from Chaminade! Never felt the need to leave the fine public school district, worked out great, son headed to top school with a substantial scholarship. Sorry the grass didn't turn out to be greener for you , attending a pompous school whose reputation is now destroyed!

A little judgmental, aren't you. The situation is sad for all involved. Particullarly the boy or boys abused. Maybe it wasn't your fine public school district where something like this has occurred, but it has in several LI districts and they've all gotten past it and thrived. Remember - It could easily be yours next. No one is immune. And by the way, I have two boys - one is a Chaminade grad who is doing very well at the college of his choice. My other son is a HS student in an excellent school district. He will also have his choice of many outstanding colleges. It's all what you mKe of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the Osmonds so eloquently said many years ago..........."one bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch, baby"

Really? The Osmonds? And only one bad apple? How about all of the apples that covered it up and probably looked the other way when it was happening!

You are disgusting. Think about how many kids, you need to get your head out of the sand! Enablers like you are just as culpable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bright enough to stay away from Chaminade! Never felt the need to leave the fine public school district, worked out great, son headed to top school with a substantial scholarship. Sorry the grass didn't turn out to be greener for you , attending a pompous school whose reputation is now destroyed! [/quote]

Wow. Which "top" school? UMass-Lowell or Jacksonville?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whatever you say, little angry man…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? The Osmonds? And only one bad apple? How about all of the apples that covered it up and probably looked the other way when it was happening!

You are disgusting. Think about how many kids, you need to get your head out of the sand! Enablers like you are just as culpable.

Just a little bit TOO angry, aren't you ? What's the real deal with you, little fella ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just a little bit TOO angry, aren't you ? What's the real deal with you, little fella ?

Maybe I don't like a bully who rapes young boys. Maybe I hate dirtbags. Who hide behind God.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once is too much but there are bad apples everywhere. Chaminade takes care of their own in the business world post graduation, will be interesting to see if the alums continue to support the school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whatever you say, little angry man…

I have nothing to be angry about, but I can see you do! I just feel sorry for you. Think you may be mistaking anger for pity. Sad for the parents who thought they were putting their kids in a respectable place. Like I said, grass not always greener, and money doesn't always buy happiness either! Oh, and little I am far from at 6'3"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe I don't like a bully who rapes young boys. Maybe I hate dirtbags. Who hide behind God. [/quote]

A religious order -- not the DA's office, not a Judge, not a jury, -- determined that an allegation made by a student, not a minor, was "credible." The DA's office commented that the alleged conduct constituted a misdemeanor, not a felony. You have transformed those facts into "a bully who rapes young boys." Are you running for district attorney in North Carolina?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And it's never the first time, there will be more unfortunately. Bet on it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too angry? Is it possible to be too angry about child sexual abuse? Has anyone you know ever been the victim of such a crime? If it was your son, would your anger know any bounds? "Little fella" that's about the creepiest term one could ever use with regard to this topic. I think you should examine your inner self a bit. Sicko.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe I don't like a bully who rapes young boys. Maybe I hate dirtbags. Who hide behind God.

A religious order -- not the DA's office, not a Judge, not a jury, -- determined that an allegation made by a student, not a minor, was "credible." The DA's office commented that the alleged conduct constituted a misdemeanor, not a felony. You have transformed those facts into "a bully who rapes young boys." Are you running for district attorney in North Carolina?[/quote]

6' 3", very impressive stats. Wings of a 747 and the brain of a Piper Cub. You really should talk to someone...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too angry? Is it possible to be too angry about child sexual abuse? Has anyone you know ever been the victim of such a crime? If it was your son, would your anger know any bounds? "Little fella" that's about the creepiest term one could ever use with regard to this topic. I think you should examine your inner self a bit. Sicko.

You just keep showing how unstable you are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]As the Osmonds so eloquently said many years ago..........."one bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch, baby"

You just keep showing how unstable you are. [/quote

Might be time for a look in the mirror... I wasn't the other poster. Keep defending, you look great.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once is too much but there are bad apples everywhere. Chaminade takes care of their own in the business world post graduation, will be interesting to see if the alums continue to support the school

They will.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will.

Of course they will, because they cling to there HS experience like it matters once you move on to college. Now we can see the termite infested foundation the whole place is built on. And the alumni are going to rush in to shore it up before anyone notices. Too late now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A religious order -- not the DA's office, not a Judge, not a jury, -- determined that an allegation made by a student, not a minor, was "credible." The DA's office commented that the alleged conduct constituted a misdemeanor, not a felony. You have transformed those facts into "a bully who rapes young boys." Are you running for district attorney in North Carolina? [/quote]

Are you really trying this? He only touched him inappropriately???? You really are a sick POS. It is never the first time, and you can bet there was more. The only thing preventing it from going further is the kid (a MINOR) who this slime bucket was responsible for doesn't want to have to go through the legal system which shames victims.

Keep trying to minimize it. It only shows how twisted your brain is. Confession doesn't work for people like you, and my God doesn't forgive child molesters or the people like you who choose to look the other way or minimize it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A religious order -- not the DA's office, not a Judge, not a jury, -- determined that an allegation made by a student, not a minor, was "credible." The DA's office commented that the alleged conduct constituted a misdemeanor, not a felony. You have transformed those facts into "a bully who rapes young boys." Are you running for district attorney in North Carolina?

6' 3", very impressive stats. Wings of a 747 and the brain of a Piper Cub. You really
should talk to someone... [/quote]

Chaminade exposed as a fraud!! You keep your kid there, You should talk to someone, you sound like an Angry troll! And you're fighting a lost battle! Keep defending sex abusers! Sicko!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

6' 3", very impressive stats. Wings of a 747 and the brain of a Piper Cub. You really
should talk to someone...

Chaminade exposed as a fraud!! You keep your kid there, You should talk to someone, you sound like an Angry troll! And you're fighting a lost battle! Keep defending sex abusers! Sicko!! [/quote]

You're so angry and have such a tremendous axe to grind that it's affecting your already VERY limited brain. I haven't heard anyone defending any criminal activity here. We're all just wondering the true reason why you have such hatred for such a wonderful institution. Were you bullied or picked on by someone wearing red or something?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some background on Delbarton:
Starting attack: 3 seniors - no commitments
Starting midfield: 1 uncommitted senior, 1 jr committed to Villanova, another junior uncommitted.
2nd midfield: senior committed to Providence, uncommitted senior and junior.
Another jr that is committed to Cornell is out for the season.
FOGO is uncommitted jr.
LSM senior and LSM junior uncommitted
SSDMS are all uncommitted.
Starting close D: senior committed to Notre Dame, senior committed to Trinity (DIII) and jr committed to Lehigh. The other 2 close D are uncommitted jrs.
Goalie committed to Gettysburg.

On paper this team doesn't compare to Chaminade, St. A or Malvern Prep, yet they beat all 3. Go figure.

Sounds like they have lots of great players that will end up being either walk ons or end up being picked up late in the game, but also sounds like the teams that get them will be glad!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unbelievable showing by Cham alums in the Yale/Navy game right now. Patriot League Goalie of the Year John Connors standing on his head for Navy. Jack Tigh with three goals for Yale. Michael Quinn playing outstanding defense on a torn ACL. Go Flyers!

Like Reply Quote
Page 45 of 111 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard