BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 38 of 111 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just beat Manhasset (home of the one-sport-athlete)

The Indians are going to crush Chaminade into Lemonade. Minimum 10 goal difference.

Chaminade must be the only team resented more than Manhasset. Feel sorry to the Flyers from Manhasset. (I'm sure they're crying all the way to the Men's Grill at Plandome CC)

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Hey moderators you should rename this the forum the Public School Dad's Chaminade Haters Club. Very strange how much people resent families that choose Catholic education. Lot of hate (and perhaps jealousy) not much real lacrosse talk. Not sure why but wow.

Keep in mind that no one bashes the untalented.. smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Indians are going to crush Chaminade into Lemonade. Minimum 10 goal difference.

Chaminade must be the only team resented more than Manhasset. Feel sorry to the Flyers from Manhasset. (I'm sure they're crying all the way to the Men's Grill at Plandome CC)

Often time envy will manifest itself as resentment. I am not so sure it isn't envy all the Chaminade bathers are feeling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lemonade? Huh? Better teams than 'set have beaten Chaminade by 1 or 2 but not crushed. It wouldn't surprise me if the Injuns win but 10? that would shock me.

Now there's something we've never seen. A Chaminade supporter saying they wouldn't be surprised if they were beaten by a small public school. Wow. Times are a changin'.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So sorry. I predicted Chaminade 15 Doms 6. Was actually 13-4. And to the moron that predicted Doms 12 Chaminade 5, don't quit your day job and go to Vegas anytime soon.

Moron? I think not. Got your panties in a big ole bunch... Love you Chammy guys, so easy to play. Enjoy your win, have a drink, relax. Believe me the kids care way less than you do.

Ok, maybe not a moron but obviously not someone you would go to to have a knowledgeable chat about Long Island lax. Moreover, I have always found that it is the public school guys are easy to play. They truly believe the conferences they play in are actually good.

No worse than the 2-team joke they call the Catholic "league". Enjoy the beatdown that another small public school is about to deliver to Chaminade tomorrow. Despite the "poaching" that Chaminade does to the Manhasset program, this won't be pretty. [/quote

Well, actually it is far worse simply because the "2 teams" schedule out of conference games against Delbarton, Darien, Fairfield Prep, St Ignatius, New Canaan, etc., etc., etc.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So sorry. I predicted Chaminade 15 Doms 6. Was actually 13-4. And to the moron that predicted Doms 12 Chaminade 5, don't quit your day job and go to Vegas anytime soon.

Moron? I think not. Got your panties in a big ole bunch... Love you Chammy guys, so easy to play. Enjoy your win, have a drink, relax. Believe me the kids care way less than you do.

Ok, maybe not a moron but obviously not someone you would go to to have a knowledgeable chat about Long Island lax. Moreover, I have always found that it is the public school guys are easy to play. They truly believe the conferences they play in are actually good.

No worse than the 2-team joke they call the Catholic "league". Enjoy the beatdown that another small public school is about to deliver to Chaminade tomorrow. Despite the "poaching" that Chaminade does to the Manhasset program, this won't be pretty. [/quote

Well, actually it is far worse simply because the "2 teams" schedule out of conference games against Delbarton, Darien, Fairfield Prep, St Ignatius, New Canaan, etc., etc., etc.

And... you lose more of those games than you win. Then you collectively puff out your chest about winning against the number 5 or 6 team in a public league. Too Funny. If you are a "national power" you need to play and beat other "National Powers"... on a consistent basis. If you can't, then your just a very good regional team. So which is it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Delbarton a "national power?" They are 2 and 4 vs Cham the last six years. I believe during that time period they have won multiple state championships and placed many, many players in top level college programs. You tell me. National power or very good regional school?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A kid from my town played at SA as a freshman. Started for the SA freshman team. He was the 7th leading scorer on SA's freshman team. He did not score one single point -- not a goal, not an assist -- against Chaminade (multiple games) or Delbarton. He then left SA and went back to our local high school for 10th grade. He made varsity as a soph and started. Not only did he lead the team in scoring, he was one of the top scorers in Suffolk County. Same was true as a junior and as a senior. He earned an athletic scholarship and now plays Div 1 lax (although he is seeing very little playing time right now as a frosh). Those are facts. Draw your own conclusions…...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade a "national power"? That's the funniest thing I'll hear today. Dream on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets see if they can even beat a small local public school district that they mine for talent every year before we crown Chaminade a "national power". We'll know by about 8pm tonight.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is "national power" defined?

Do previous years count? If yes, how many years are you allowed to go back in time?

Does number of college recruits factor in?

Does number of Under Armour All Americans matter?

Does performance of alums in college matter?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently the guy who claims that Cham parents proclaim Chaminade to be a national power. I guess he cares because he goes home at night, pops open a natty lite and stews about his inferiority complex.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National caliber? LMFAO. Just another pebble in the road.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National caliber? LMFAO. Just another pebble in the road.

Really? Where you from? Malverne/East Rockaway? Longwood? Copaigue?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A kid from my town played at SA as a freshman. Started for the SA freshman team. He was the 7th leading scorer on SA's freshman team. He did not score one single point -- not a goal, not an assist -- against Chaminade (multiple games) or Delbarton. He then left SA and went back to our local high school for 10th grade. He made varsity as a soph and started. Not only did he lead the team in scoring, he was one of the top scorers in Suffolk County. Same was true as a junior and as a senior. He earned an athletic scholarship and now plays Div 1 lax (although he is seeing very little playing time right now as a frosh). Those are facts. Draw your own conclusions…...

Conclusion: Except for a relatively small number of public school teams per year, the competition on LI is not good. In order to play a truly competitive schedule , teams need to travel off Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Conclusion: Except for a relatively small number of public school teams per year, the competition on LI is not good. In order to play a truly competitive schedule , teams need to travel off Long Island.

Im gonna have to disagree with you about the relatively small number. I would venture to say there at least 25-30 solid lacrosse programs across Long Island. Other than Maryland we have the largest concentration of quality lacrosse in the country. The challenge for each coach is to make sure he is challenging his team each year with a quality schedule in and out of conference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why does MSG keep getting the roster class wrong? Goalie is a senior not junior. He's been announcing ever Chaminade game messing it up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade was roadkill today for a small public school. My how things have changed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade was roadkill today for a small public school. My how things have changed.

score?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10-5 manhasset

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10-5 manhasset

But it wasn't that close - Manhasset took their foot off the pedal in the 4th. It was 7-1 half and 10-4 at end of 3. Lemonade anyone?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10-5 manhasset

Chaminade lemonade will be 8-9 this year with remaining losses to Yorktown, Massapequa, St. Anthony's, Greenwich and Delbarton. The pressure to bring up the Sophs will be brutal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Other than the two biggest ones (Chaminade and St. Anthony's) whose the 3rd best team in the Catholic league right now? I have not been following lacrosse to well this past year and need to get caught up, but i would like to hear different people opinions!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think winning makes you a national power. Win your league/conference/county/state, you are a good team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
10-5 manhasset

Chaminade lemonade will be 8-9 this year with remaining losses to Yorktown, Massapequa, St. Anthony's, Greenwich and Delbarton. The pressure to bring up the Sophs will be brutal.

Says a Sophs Dad........give it a rest already

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade should be embarrassed. I have watched the tapes of several games recently - I watched a Flyer stick out his foot to deliberately trip a St Anthony's player after the play - the officials didnt notice. Watching the Manhasset game live and on the replay the number of check, pushes and punches in the back after a shot or pass were complete were astounding. People in the stands were suprised that the officials were calling such a loose game - several people expressed concern that someone would get hurt and then - it happened..

The hit to the head on the Manhasset attackman when he was vulnerable in the process of shooting only looks even worse on the replay than live. No excuse for that.

In football that would be called targeting - the player would be thrown out and suspended for the next game as well.

We need that in lacrosse -
shame on the officials for not throwing the player out of the game and shame on the Chaminade coaches for tolerating the persistent dirty play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade should be embarrassed. I have watched the tapes of several games recently - I watched a Flyer stick out his foot to deliberately trip a St Anthony's player after the play - the officials didnt notice. Watching the Manhasset game live and on the replay the number of check, pushes and punches in the back after a shot or pass were complete were astounding. People in the stands were suprised that the officials were calling such a loose game - several people expressed concern that someone would get hurt and then - it happened..

The hit to the head on the Manhasset attackman when he was vulnerable in the process of shooting only looks even worse on the replay than live. No excuse for that.

In football that would be called targeting - the player would be thrown out and suspended for the next game as well.

shame on the officials for not throwing the player out of the game and shame on the Chaminade coaches for tolerating the persistent dirty play.

Easy with the drama Mommy. I watched the same game you did. Chaminade got their [lacrosse] kicked by a better team yesterday. That is not up for debate. But to imply that they are a dirty team and the coaches tolerate it is totally ridiculous. You have zero clue what these coaches are about. The Cham kid laid a hard but clean hit on that attackman. He was not headhunting. The Cham kid got a two minute non-releasable, which was more than enough. Contact is part of the game. Sometimes it gets a bit aggressive. Deal with it or find another sport. FFS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mike Quick commented about the Chaminade kids playing for their HS team NOW instead of caring about what team they'll be playing for next year or in 2 years.

Called them right out.

There are kids at the end of the bench with real desire to play for their team and school now and wear those colors with pride. They could probably have a similar record this year too.

p.s. don't have a kid on team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bringing up sophs is not the answer. This is not a 1-2 player fix. It has been many many years since Cham has lost 4 in a row. With Cham schedule you are only putting those sophs in harms way.

Unless the moved from Maryland and are 18 already

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with your post. definitely sounds like so many daddys and mommies sitting in stands without a clue about how the game is played or rules enforced. they continuously call out things that they find "unfair" and act as if they know what the rule is for pushing, slashing etc. meanwhile they only cheer for their child, coach , (shout) to direct others to pass the ball when their kid doesn't have it. Ignoring the fact he won't move from statue like spot then yell shoot it when the kid gets it, or hit him when they drop ball and turn it over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These days, a big hit = penalty. Yesterday during the ND-Duke game Percovic laid out a Duke middie. Hit him with his shoulder -- completely clean hit. Penalty. It is what it is. That is 2016 lacrosse.

PS -- Maybe some of the extracurricular activities would stop taking place if the Manhasset kids would stop doing the Cam Newton/Superman act after they score? Been watching that for years now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasn't a penalty. Called interference. Change of possession.

Don't blame the celebration for bad behavior. If you find it that offensive, stop them from scoring!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you were paying attention Coach C was not happy with all the crap on the sidelines after a score. He is not big on excessive celebrations after a goal either. If you know him and I do you could hear him say act like you been there before.

The day was about something so much bigger and both staffs have great respect for each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why does MSG keep getting the roster class wrong? Goalie is a senior not junior. He's been announcing ever Chaminade game messing it up.

Seriously? Is that actually an important issue for you? Important enough to mention here? How self-centered and vapid.

Nobody,

and I mean NOBODY,

cares about that.

Except you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hahaha...that's outstanding! she should go bang on the pressbox door next time, or cancel her cable!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watched game on msg, maybe some of you parents should stop talking about Chaminade building character in the boys and have them start showing some. You've beaten this team 4 years and a row and you lose one and there's cheap shots all over the field. The film doesn't lie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These days, a big hit = penalty. Yesterday during the ND-Duke game Percovic laid out a Duke middie. Hit him with his shoulder -- completely clean hit. Penalty. It is what it is. That is 2016 lacrosse.

PS -- Maybe some of the extracurricular activities would stop taking place if the Manhasset kids would stop doing the Cam Newton/Superman act after they score? Been watching that for years now.

Yes, it's very unfortunate our children have been emulating these childish, millionaire professional athletes for decades now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Percovic laid out a Duke middie. Hit him with his shoulder -- completely clean hit. Penalty. It is what it is. That is 2016 lacrosse.

PS -- Maybe some of the extracurricular activities would stop taking place if the Manhasset kids would stop doing the Cam Newton/Superman act after they score? Been watching that for years now. [/quote]

First off, you need to get a life. What psycho parent is watching multiple game films of a school that their kid doesn't go to. I feel bad for your wife and kids if you are so into this that you have the time and the inclination to do that. You must be a pretty lonely guy standing by yourself at the games. Good luck with the eventual heart attack pal when your kid isn't playing anymore and you have to figure out what to do with your time.

Secondly, the Superman act is so 2014. Also, from what I've heard the Manhasset kids are always the chirpiest and constantly poking the beehive. You do that enough you are going to see retaliation. Tell your kids to shut ear mouths and just play ball. They seem to lie to dish it out but they also have a very short fuse when their opponent punches back. Thin skinned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Chaminade should be embarrassed. I have watched the tapes of several games recently - I watched a Flyer stick out his foot to deliberately trip a St Anthony's player after the play - the officials didnt notice. Watching the Manhasset game live and on the replay the number of check, pushes and punches in the back after a shot or pass were complete were astounding. People in the stands were suprised that the officials were calling such a loose game - several people expressed concern that someone would get hurt and then - it happened..

Easy with the drama Mommy. I watched the same game you did. Chaminade got their [lacrosse] kicked by a better team yesterday. That is not up for debate. But to imply that they are a dirty team and the coaches tolerate it is totally ridiculous. You have zero clue what these coaches are about. The Cham kid laid a hard but clean hit on that attackman. He was not headhunting. The Cham kid got a two minute non-releasable, which was more than enough. Contact is part of the game. Sometimes it gets a bit aggressive. Deal with it or find another sport. FFS.

Hitting a defenseless player in the head from behind is not only illegal but dangerous. The same Chaminade player was targeting kids on St'A's. He should have been kicked out of the game and suspended. Zero tolerance for that type of behavior.

Like Reply Quote
Page 38 of 111 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard