BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,892
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 111 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chammy plays Doms this week I think....so s/b interesting if they are indeed a weaker squad or bounce back from Anthony's loss...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Chammy plays Doms this week I think....so s/b interesting if they are indeed a weaker squad or bounce back from Anthony's loss...

No horse in the race, but I predict St. Doms 10, Cham 8.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about some semblance of reality here? Chaminade 15 Doms 6
By the way, are we supposed to be impressed with Dom's schedule so far? Like beating Stepinac in OT or Lawrence or Plainview?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah its everyones goal in life to impress a toolbag

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't be so sure about that: In the latest 2016 NY private high school academic rankings, Chaminade was #84, finishing behind Regis, Loyola, Fordham Prep, Iona Prep & Xavier

Yup, but they're still going to be your boss AND your kids boss. But you can tell them how much better at lax you were "back in the day". Get a life loser.

First of all, you're responding to a troll poster, not an actually Chaminade parent.

Secondly, while all the schools you listed are similar (except Regis, which is by far the best Catholic high school in the country), I've never heard anyone argue that the other schools were better than Chaminade.

Definitely Regis and Delbarton, maybe Loyola (which is more of a rich kid NYC school than it is a typical Catholic), but in what major metrics would the others beat Chaminade? SAT info is tough to get, but I know Chaminade has had higher TACHS cutoffs than at least two of your schools.

Chaminade does not prep kids for college better than anybody else. Do your research about what happened recently at Colgate.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Chaminade does not prep kids for college better than anybody else. Do your research about what happened recently at Colgate."

Over 400 graduates per year and you base this on one kid? That makes sense. So you don't think that Chaminade preps kids for college better than ANY high school in Long Island?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what happened?
sounds like you have some gossip .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that your having a conversation about game is scary.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Chaminade does not prep kids for college better than anybody else. Do your research about what happened recently at Colgate."

Over 400 graduates per year and you base this on one kid? That makes sense. So you don't think that Chaminade preps kids for college better than ANY high school in Long Island?

A lot of homework does not equal a quality education. It just means that the kids have to learn more outside of class than inside. The parents are fooled into thinking that just because their kids have to stay up past midnight that they are getting a good education bang for the buck. Wrong. More learning at home than actually in class is not the sign of a good school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By the way, are we supposed to be impressed with Dom's schedule so far? Like beating Stepinac in OT or Lawrence or Plainview?

Well your team couldn't beat a Cali team, a public, or your arch rival. Revision: Doms 12 Cham 5. How many more losses will they rack up 4, 5,? It's looking like an 8 loss season Chammy Daddy.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But he's at Hill Academy now so it's alright

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot of homework does not equal a quality education. It just means that the kids have to learn more outside of class than inside. The parents are fooled into thinking that just because their kids have to stay up past midnight that they are getting a good education bang for the buck. Wrong. More learning at home than actually in class is not the sign of a good school.

Those same parents who are fooled also have broad grins on their faces when they receive the acceptance letters from Notre Dame, Duke, Ivies, NESCAC schools, etc. When you write nonsense like this -- with no foundation whatsoever -- do you realize that you make Chaminade parents all the more secure with their decision to send their sons to Chaminade?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well your team couldn't beat a Cali team, a public, or your arch rival. Revision: Doms 12 Cham 5. How many more losses will they rack up 4, 5,? It's looking like an 8 loss season Chammy Daddy.

Cham mediocre at both lax and academics, sorry to tell you! I know many of you bought into the hype and want to believe the brainwash but f as cts speak for themselves. Public kids excell at pretty much everything, makes you wonder why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
very good JV 10-9 OT game with SA yesterday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm a Chaminade grad, and have been an active alum. I am often asked about the school from parents considering it for their young boys. I always tell them that they shouldn't be swayed by people who claim it is this super academic experience. If you are in a top public school (Syosett, Manhassett, GC, CSH, etc..) that you will get just as good an education.
And if your end goal is an Ivy League admission then you'll be frustrated because Chaminade doesn't see the Ivies, and their liberal footings, in the same light that you do. They want you to go to ND, Holy Cross, Georgetown, Loyola, Boston College and the other Catholic colleges. And as a result their relationships with the Ivy admissions offices is non-existent. Of course if you are a star athlete you can overcome this hurdle.
What I do tell them about Chaminade is that there is an intangible in the experience that is tough to explain. The discipline that is part of the daily regimen becomes a badge of honor amongst the boys. There is a pride that they have in being part of the Chaminade family, although most would never voice it while there.
I always laugh because the biggest complainers while there are usually the biggest proponents of the school ten years after they're out. I challenge any one to point out another school in the US who fill 5 golf courses at their golf outings? And let me ask you, is there an alumni office at your school that you can call to get a list of graduates that work in a given field to seek professional help? Does your school have alumni functions in cities across the country to cultivate and develop this network?

There are plenty of great schools, good kids come out of all of them, but I am always perplexed at the degree of disparaging commentary that is directed at Chaminade. You shouldn't trash it without really knowing it.

All that said, yeah this years lax team looks like the pre-season press may have overstated their level of talent. Need some offense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM losses because wm coach absolutely lost his ability to manage the game ...coach, look in the mirror before you yell at the team tomorrow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cham mediocre at both lax and academics, sorry to tell you! I know many of you bought into the hype and want to believe the brainwash but f as cts speak for themselves. Public kids excell at pretty much everything, makes you wonder why?

Since Manhasset and Garden City are prime hunting grounds for Chaminade, I'd love to see the comparison of SAT/ACTs from those schools with Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please go back to your wordsearch magazine, which I am sure you are a grand master.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please go back to your wordsearch magazine, which I am sure you are a grand master.

I will, and you tell your son to go get his shine box on, team and school looking mighty dull!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since Manhasset and Garden City are prime hunting grounds for Chaminade, I'd love to see the comparison of SAT/ACTs from those schools with Chaminade.

Certainly higher at manhasset, likely similar at GC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9th grade St A's team didn't look too good today…… No O

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren't all the 2017 turtle kids on varsity now?

How many are at Chaminade ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like someone couldn't get into Chaminade. Obviously your public school didn't teach you to spell or write a sentence properly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot were pulled up to JV A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot were pulled up to JV A

3 o were pulled up. 2 d

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shaminade izn't guud at aneething. Publik scool kidz ar thuh bestest. Sined a Shaminade parint triing too bee clehvur. .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren't all the 2017 turtle kids on varsity now?

How many are at Chaminade ?

Correct me if Im wrong but I believe you cannot play JV as a JR? I think Chaminade has 3 Turtle kids on the roster but I could be wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Took a look at laxpower's top 5 teams and their rosters and compared the number of Chaminade kids on each to the number of kids from Massapequa, Syosset, Smithtown East and Ward Melville.

Here are the results:

Chammy Publics

Brown 3 1
ND 1 0
Yale 3 2
Denver 0 0
Albany 0 1

Draw your own conclusions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I conclude that you are awesome

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what about cornell? Penn state? Stony brook, hofstra? syracuse? fairfeild , marist? sacred heart?

those schools not good enough to make your list?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
please note the blog you are reading. Chaminade lacrosse, so what do you expect?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who replaced the 3 sophs pulled up to varsity

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
are we pulling sophs up to varsity to alleviate the weakness on offense?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because Cornell, PSU, Hofstra et al are not in the laxpower top 5. I could have cherry picked...like Duke with 5 Chaminade players.

BTW not a Chaminade guy. I just don't get the comments like "not good at lax not good at academics".

Gotta give credit where due.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. Sophs are being brought up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the dad of one of the sophs, lmao, incredible

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because Cornell, PSU, Hofstra et al are not in the laxpower top 5. I could have cherry picked...like Duke with 5 Chaminade players.

BTW not a Chaminade guy. I just don't get the comments like "not good at lax not good at academics".

Gotta give credit where due.

For the record, I hate Chaminade and the pompous parents. However, they lost two games in a row by one goal, the second to the 6th ranked team in the tri-state. Stop with the "Chaminade not good at" talk. You all sound like fools. Doms is about to find out in a hurry how good they are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the dad of one of the sophs, lmao, incredible

I really have to say that these Sophomore parents are probably the most arrogant, pompous, group to come through Chaminade in a long time. Do you realize you barely beat St. Anthony's JV 10-9 in OT. This is the same group you crushed last year with the same players. Could it be that some if the St.Anthony's players got bigger and better than that heralded group over at Chaminade. It can't be right. They are all committed. The St.Anthony's JV team only has 1 or 2 committed players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not bragging if you can back it up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
congrats to the Chammy sophs being brought up! good luck and show the doubters you belong!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 36 of 111 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard