BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,892
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 111 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Chaminade, at least today, looks like a team with a bunch of good players but they sure don't seem like a team with a great player.....particularly on the offensive end.

All Chiefs, no Indians.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do LI kids just peak early? Lacrosse is so popular and the kids get so specialized and advanced at a young age that once they are 16 years old and into junior year is that all you get? Just wondering. The best club team I ever saw was the 2017 Turtles and the 2017 Express and Team 91 were good too. A lot of those kids are at Chaminade. Is it just an early peak and this is what it looks like when California or others come to town?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do LI kids just peak early? Lacrosse is so popular and the kids get so specialized and advanced at a young age that once they are 16 years old and into junior year is that all you get? Just wondering. The best club team I ever saw was the 2017 Turtles and the 2017 Express and Team 91 were good too. A lot of those kids are at Chaminade. Is it just an early peak and this is what it looks like when California or others come to town?

Club ball has ruined the game of lacrosse. Everything is accelerated. Third graders are playing year round. And college coaches are falling over themselves recruiting kids that can't bench press a quarter of their own weight. The multi-sport athletes that coaches say they want is a farce. Kids have to play year round now to just compete. People used to be impressed when a 5th grader could play with both hands. Now if your 5th grader can't, he risks being banished to the "B" team. Hopefully, the very kids we are watching on the field now will have the perspective to not get drawn into this madness with their own children. It's our only hope.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade, at least today, looks like a team with a bunch of good players but they sure don't seem like a team with a great player.....particularly on the offensive end.

All Chiefs, no Indians.

Looked more like All Indians, No Chief. No Lukavic, Cerrone, Mahon, Kavanaugh........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade seems to lose to high quality out of conference teams more often than not. I can't remember the last time they beat tiny Yorktown. I'm betting they go 1-5 against WM, Manhasset, Yorktown, Pequa, Greenwich and Delbarton.

Whatever you say silly man. Now, go home and get your shine box...

0-1 so far, so good.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade seems to lose to high quality out of conference teams more often than not. I can't remember the last time they beat tiny Yorktown. I'm betting they go 1-5 against WM, Manhasset, Yorktown, Pequa, Greenwich and Delbarton.

0-1 so far, so good.

Another loss to a public... Good team, great school, very nice kids, just an overrated lax program. Rapidly falling out of the top 10 on LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

0-1 so far, so good.

Another loss to a public... Good team, great school, very nice kids, just an overrated lax program. Rapidly falling out of the top 10 on LI.

Umm they have 1 loss to a public this year, theyve only played 3 games, lol. Its not their fault that the clueless media folks who cover the sport tend to rank teams based on reputation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Club ball has ruined the game of lacrosse. Everything is accelerated. Third graders are playing year round. And college coaches are falling over themselves recruiting kids that can't bench press a quarter of their own weight. The multi-sport athletes that coaches say they want is a farce. Kids have to play year round now to just compete. People used to be impressed when a 5th grader could play with both hands. Now if your 5th grader can't, he risks being banished to the "B" team. Hopefully, the very kids we are watching on the field now will have the perspective to not get drawn into this madness with their own children. It's our only hope.
I agree with that. In addition, I think the trend of club becoming more important than high school lacrosse over the last 5-10 yrs due to recruiting has hurt team lacrosse. There is so much emphasis on individual showcases and recruiting showcases that the sport has shifted to more of a me first instead of a team first mentality. Also, the marketing of players and clubs by directors sometimes makes kids out to be better than they are, which in turn creates an expectation that the team will be great. Towns that can balance travel and club so that the kids still play with their high school friends will naturally have a better team mentality. Obviously if you are going to a private that choice is taken away. Before people over react, that was not a knock on privates, just a statement that when you make a choice for a different type of education, the kids will obviously have to play with people from different towns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with that. In addition, I think the trend of club becoming more important than high school lacrosse over the last 5-10 yrs due to recruiting has hurt team lacrosse. There is so much emphasis on individual showcases and recruiting showcases that the sport has shifted to more of a me first instead of a team first mentality. Also, the marketing of players and clubs by directors sometimes makes kids out to be better than they are, which in turn creates an expectation that the team will be great. Towns that can balance travel and club so that the kids still play with their high school friends will naturally have a better team mentality. Obviously if you are going to a private that choice is taken away. Before people over react, that was not a knock on privates, just a statement that when you make a choice for a different type of education, the kids will obviously have to play with people from different towns.

If you happen to live in maybe a dozen or so school districts, or go to a couple of the privates, I would agree with you. However, if you happened to buy a house years ago in a good school district, long before you had kids interested in lacrosse, with just an ok lax program your statement doesn't hold too much water. I can tell you with 100% accuracy, my two son's would never have gotten the chance to play in college. They just wouldn't have been exposed to the people who taught them how to play the game. In our town, the PAL program was awful from a teaching standpoint. Some of the Dads did their best but had no clue. The HS Coach has zero understanding of the College game or the recruiting process. Not a bad guy, just isn't in tune with any of it. To a degree he's kind of threatened by the travel kids, of course those are the best kids on the team, top to bottom. Travel/Club didn't ruin the game, the College Coaches and NCAA are ruining the game. It's very simple, no recruiting until the summer between 10th and 11th grade. In today's environment, if your son is not playing in top tournaments and showcases by the summer between 8th and 9th grade he's already behind in the recruiting process. No way you're getting that exposure playing for your JV team in some low level tournament on LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SENIORS!!!! SEE THE LIGHT AND YOU SHALL BE SAVED!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup, but they're still going to be your boss AND your kids boss. But you can tell them how much better at lax you were "back in the day". Get a life loser.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
realistic what is the forecast for today.

Dont want to hear...
St A wins no big deal Chaminade is not as good
Chaminade wins St A is in trouble since Chaminade is not good this year.

I happen to think that close losses to the top school doesn't make a team bad. Especially if WI play a good game against WM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they should turn off the scoreboard and just play , they can enjoy the day and attend a top shelf tailgate after the game. that would be so awesome.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup, but they're still going to be your boss AND your kids boss. But you can tell them how much better at lax you were "back in the day". Get a life loser.

This is pretty obviously the same Syosset parent posting over and over. Now he's LARPing as a Chaminade booster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they should turn off the scoreboard and just play , they can enjoy the day and attend a top shelf tailgate after the game. that would be so awesome.

We actually do that in the off season. Most of the parents and players on both teams are friends and there is a nice camaraderie among us. We have known each other a long time and our kids have played on travel teams together. No matter who wins or loses, we have each others' backs when the chips are down. It's nice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe it. You give yet another illustration of the class and high level of quality people involved with the Chaminade community!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Down goes Chaminade! Panic on Hempstead Tpke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]getting closer to season . how do the Flyers shape up this year? any standouts?

Defensively, the team should be fine. Senior goalie (committed to Notre Dame) got a lot of playing experience last year. XXXXXXX a senior defenseman headed to Penn, also played a ton last year. Juniors will contribute defensively as well.

At the faceoff X, Colgate commit was outstanding last year and he is back.

The big question for Chaminade this year is will they be able to score against solid defensive teams. Chaminade's entire 2015 attack graduated . Moreover, while senior middies are solid, gritty players, they aren't big scorers (like say Cerrone or Bonafede or Zenker were in recent years past). In order for this team to do really well, some junior middies (or sophs?) and attackman are going to have to step up.

This post was posted back in February. The post was met with scorn and mocking from Cham dads. "The big question for Chaminade this year is will they be able to score against solid defensive teams." -- I guess that question was answered today. The team simply does not have the offensive firepower needed against a strong schedule like the one Chaminade plays.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The best Jrs are getting time. 2 starting at attack and 2 on 2nd midfield They aren't scoring either

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We actually do that in the off season. Most of the parents and players on both teams are friends and there is a nice camaraderie among us. We have known each other a long time and our kids have played on travel teams together. No matter who wins or loses, we have each others' backs when the chips are down. It's nice.

That's loser talk buddy. It certainly does matter who wins or losses. Just watch the replays of the past "championship" games and the riot celebrations by the winner at the final horn. All because "no matter who wins or loses".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Down goes Chaminade! Panic on Hempstead Tpke.

Considering Chaminade is on Jericho Tpke I'm confused by your post. MzHvYp

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I posted this originally and after seeing the game today I stand by it. The offense that I watched today is going to result in low scoring games, and a low number of assists.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
realistic what is the forecast for today.

Dont want to hear...
St A wins no big deal Chaminade is not as good
Chaminade wins St A is in trouble since Chaminade is not good this year.

I happen to think that close losses to the top school doesn't make a team bad. Especially if WI play a good game against WM

Now it is about knowing how to win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade looked like a mediocre team nothing special. Very sloppy, only standout was the goalie

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade looked like a mediocre team nothing special. Very sloppy, only standout was the goalie

Lucky the goalie hasn't seen too many shots due to the methodical offense otherwise they would be giving up 20 goals a game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I posted this originally and after seeing the game today I stand by it. The offense that I watched today is going to result in low scoring games, and a low number of assists.

I went to both the Ward Melville and St. Anthony's games.

They were both painful to watch: zero off-ball movement, very little actual pressure on defenders when taking them one-on-one, nobody ever looking to set up the feed for a shot, etc. There was no offensive pressure at all the entire St. Anthony's game, just midfielders awkwardly running into their defenders then either losing the ball or moving it on to the adjacent player (who would then do the same thing). Attackmen regularly were doubled when they pushed to the cage, yet I didn't see them once find the open player (nor did I see anyone doing a good job moving to get open when this happened). Even on man-up Chaminade failed to be a threat, settling for terrible shots from 10+ yards out.

Goalie looked good in the cage (had a few big saves while staring into the sun in the 4th), though to be honest he seemed to lack confidence when handling the ball. The clearing game could be better. That said, the defense has done a pretty good job so far. They clearly aren't the problem.

It's crazy that there really did not appear to be a single threat on the offensive side of the field. Are any big players hurt? I know Jack usually gives seniors the benefit of the doubt early on, but are there any juniors who might get a shot? Or who should?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very Accurate commentary. Looked completely out of sorts even getting people on and off the field. You have 55 on the team, why only use 16? What's the definition of insanity again...?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
don't panic. they will run the table in the league. then get rematch with St. Ants.
State Champs once again!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at all 3 games Chaminade has lost, I have multiple sons on the lacrosse teams .Although a top Junior midfielder is injured I don't believe you can blame 3 losses on that. The offense right now is stagnant, no movement. seems like no-one wants to try to make a play out of fear of failing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been to the last 3 games - all losses. There is no go-to guy on offense - nobody can take it to the cage. This slow it down, work it around for 3 minutes offense is terrible. They don't have the personnel for that style. They need to run and push. Defense is real good, goalie played very good yesterday but needs to be more consistent. Think the coaches should care more about teaching the kids and making them better than thinking they are lacrosse gods because they coach at Chaminade. They are doing a terrible job with the amount of talent they have. They have been out-coached 3 games in a row. They are in for a long season...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't be so sure about that: In the latest 2016 NY private high school academic rankings, Chaminade was #84, finishing behind Regis, Loyola, Fordham Prep, Iona Prep & Xavier

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't be so sure about that: In the latest 2016 NY private high school academic rankings, Chaminade was #84, finishing behind Regis, Loyola, Fordham Prep, Iona Prep & Xavier

So Saint Doms beats Iona Prep yesterday...where does that put them?...ahead of Chammy?....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The difference in the Chaminade vs St. Anthony's game was the St. Anthony's goalie. Both teams have strong defensive personal and methodical offenses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how could they not be dominating? they get the best players from every town on long island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The difference in the Chaminade vs St. Anthony's game was the St. Anthony's goalie. Both teams have strong defensive personal and methodical offenses.

I disagree. Chaminade has to be the worst shooting team on LI. They consistently shoot stick-side and in one-on-ones in close they always seem to fake high-shoot high - they make it very easy for opposing goalies. The goalies in the last 3 games made a lot of saves but none were very difficult. I agree St. As offense was as bad as Chaminades - neither team was impressive...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Saint Doms beats Iona Prep yesterday...where does that put them?...ahead of Chammy?....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First of all, you're responding to a troll poster, not an actually Chaminade parent.

Secondly, while all the schools you listed are similar (except Regis, which is by far the best Catholic high school in the country), I've never heard anyone argue that the other schools were better than Chaminade.

Definitely Regis and Delbarton, maybe Loyola (which is more of a rich kid NYC school than it is a typical Catholic), but in what major metrics would the others beat Chaminade? SAT info is tough to get, but I know Chaminade has had higher TACHS cutoffs than at least two of your schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I disagree. Chaminade has to be the worst shooting team on LI. They consistently shoot stick-side and in one-on-ones in close they always seem to fake high-shoot high - they make it very easy for opposing goalies. The goalies in the last 3 games made a lot of saves but none were very difficult. I agree St. As offense was as bad as Chaminades - neither team was impressive...

At least SA has a middie and an attackman who can dodge and beat a good defender. I would mention their names (both are excellent players) but for the hysteria than ensues when you mention a kid by name even in a positive light. However, I am sure that the guys who follow Cham and SA know who I am referring to. Cham, on the other hand, doesn't have that type of player this year. No big shooters or dodgers like they had in past years. Very evident in the past few games, particularly at crunch time when you really need a goal. Does anyone know when the Cham junior middie committed to Duke is coming back? Perhaps he can dodge/get separation?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably right above Iona, who not very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soph that could help

Like Reply Quote
Page 35 of 111 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled