BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,830
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 111 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Chaminade comes up on the short end of a 7-5 score today playing St. Ignatius from California. Not that surprising as St. I's has a reputation for recruiting.

And Chaminade doesn't.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade comes up on the short end of a 7-5 score today playing St. Ignatius from California. Not that surprising as St. I's has a reputation for recruiting.

You're kidding with this excuse right ? How about they were just outplayed. Saint Iggy has 2 D1 senior recruits and 4 D1 junior recruits.

Ignore mom poster above complaining about recruiting. It's a team from California with three losses so far this year.

This is a very disappointing loss for Chaminade. I guess there's always next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We must hit the panic button. Bring the Super Sophs up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lol, no way, a private school that recruits? wow thats wacky, never heard of something so outrageous.....

Good teams lose games sometimes, there doesnt have to be an excuse attached to every loss.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lol, no way, a private school that recruits? wow thats wacky, never heard of something so outrageous.....

Good teams lose games sometimes, there doesnt have to be an excuse attached to every loss.

Plain and simple it's a bad loss for the island in general..you can only learn from this and get better

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're kidding with this excuse right ? How about they were just outplayed. Saint Iggy has 2 D1 senior recruits and 4 D1 junior recruits.

Chaminade has 44 D1 recruits and they lose to a CA team with 6 D1 recruits??? How is that even remotely possible? Was it coaching? What is going on with that program? Really bad loss. Watch out for St A's...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And Chaminade doesn't.

Agree with the last poster. This is a typical excuse from a "privileged" parent. Sorry your team is not all you dreamed/invested it would be! #realitysetsin

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That team took MIAA McDonogh to 4OTs earlier in the week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, one stupid comment (by me) is all it takes for the fur to start flying......
Maybe what we learned is that you shouldn't rank schools based on the # of D-I recruits they have. It may just be that the coaches from Fairfield, Marist, Etc don't travel out west.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The idea that a two goal loss to St Ig is a bad loss is really ridiculous. St Ignatius is one of the best programs in the country. The team lost in multiple over times against a well regarded McDonough team the other day.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love when Chaminade loses. Maybe next year, 200 kids will try out LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, one stupid comment (by me) is all it takes for the fur to start flying......
Maybe what we learned is that you shouldn't rank schools based on the # of D-I recruits they have. It may just be that the coaches from Fairfield, Marist, Etc don't travel out west.

True. Also many kids don't want to come out East to play for a smaller school. Oregon, Arizona State, Arizona, Colorado, Colorado State, Utah all have excellent club teams that are treated like virtual varsity teams, PAC-12 football and facilities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The idea that a two goal loss to St Ig is a bad loss is really ridiculous. St Ignatius is one of the best programs in the country. The team lost in multiple over times against a well regarded McDonough team the other day.

I thought Chaminade was the best program in the country? At least that is what the Chaminade parents told me! If they are supposed to be the best, this is a terrible loss. And even worse that they had traveled cross country and should have been exhausted from their recent multi OT game. A TERRIBLE LOSS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chaminade has 44 D1 recruits and they lose to a CA team with 6 D1 recruits??? How is that even remotely possible? Was it coaching? What is going on with that program? Really bad loss. Watch out for St A's...

What is ridiculous is anyone who thinks counting a list of D1 commits is a measure of quality. The bar isn't high for over eager kids and dads who will pull into lower tier D1 programs or even middle tier D1 programs if they have connected club and prep coaches who can push it hard. Oh, and the lacrosse 'journalists' have a clue about where HS lacrosse is outside of the mid-Atlantic and the Tri-State? Come on. It is ridiculous that any one prep has over 20 D1 recruits, and an absolute joke that one could have 44. Chaminade is a superb program, and ALWAYS has some top players. But 15? 35? 44? Come on. That's marketing and public relations with the twitter whores who cover the sport, most prominently a guy who played volleyball and never stood on a prep or college field. I'm pretty damn good at fantasy football, thank high very much, but Belichick hasn't called. My heart will go on. Maybe yesterday wasn't Chaminade's best day, but the team they played was decent. And no, I didn't see 10 obvious D1 recruits on that SI team. Maybe one to three is a better guess. Frankly, I haven't seen a prep team save for Boys' Latin in 2013 or Haverford in 2015 that had 5-6 OBVIOUS future D1 standouts. I have to say I respect Chaminade's program and coaches for their consistent excellence at the HS level, but I find this parental 'enthusiasm' to be a bit too far into the lunatic fringe. Your sons lost a high school lacrosse game people, and they weren't robbed or cheated. SI was two goals better than you yesterday. It's called sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
come on , the 44 number was a compilation of several years totals. not this years squad. you can bash but that's what the post was stating .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is ridiculous is anyone who thinks counting a list of D1 commits is a measure of quality. The bar isn't high for over eager kids and dads who will pull into lower tier D1 programs or even middle tier D1 programs if they have connected club and prep coaches who can push it hard. Oh, and the lacrosse 'journalists' have a clue about where HS lacrosse is outside of the mid-Atlantic and the Tri-State? Come on. It is ridiculous that any one prep has over 20 D1 recruits, and an absolute joke that one could have 44. Chaminade is a superb program, and ALWAYS has some top players. But 15? 35? 44? Come on. That's marketing and public relations with the twitter whores who cover the sport, most prominently a guy who played volleyball and never stood on a prep or college field. I'm pretty damn good at fantasy football, thank high very much, but Belichick hasn't called. My heart will go on. Maybe yesterday wasn't Chaminade's best day, but the team they played was decent. And no, I didn't see 10 obvious D1 recruits on that SI team. Maybe one to three is a better guess. Frankly, I haven't seen a prep team save for Boys' Latin in 2013 or Haverford in 2015 that had 5-6 OBVIOUS future D1 standouts. I have to say I respect Chaminade's program and coaches for their consistent excellence at the HS level, but I find this parental 'enthusiasm' to be a bit too far into the lunatic fringe. Your sons lost a high school lacrosse game people, and they weren't robbed or cheated. SI was two goals better than you yesterday. It's called sports.

Not sure what your point is? So D1 recruits are favors and shams? You are so clueless it's scary. You obviously have no idea what it takes to EARN a D1 slot in today's recruiting environment. It's not 1984, when the UVA Coach calls the GC Coach and say's who do you have for me? Not even close. Clearly, you have not been out on the circuit lately, witnessing for yourself, the level of competition from every corner of the Country. It is harder than ever for an on age kid from LI to earn a spot at a competitive program. To insinuate something different, is pure ignorance. It further maligns these young athletes accomplishments. Obviously, your little Rabil is not getting the looks YOU think he deserves...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would guarantee that there are some moms who go around stating that about this team. "my son is on team with 40 D1 recruits!!!"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But also to imply that a Cal team recruits its players and Chaminade does not is a bit of a joke as well. The state of college recruiting today is such that no college coach can afford the time to go see a high school game when college show cases offer them the opportunity to see players from a broad range of geography all in one place.

Does Chaminade prepare their boys well academically? Yes
Do they produce a well rounded college applicant? Yes

But don't try and tell me they lost because another team recruits. They may not hang a sign out but recruiting goes on none the less. The 40+ D1 signings however are built on pitches all over Long Island, and Chaminade is just the biggest beneficiary of maybe the strongest grass roots lacrosse program in the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so Chaminade actually has 40+ D1 recruits on its current roster? nice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so Chaminade actually has 40+ D1 recruits on its current roster? nice.

That number includes freshmen and JV players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love when Chaminade loses makes the day go so much faster, reading all the pile on mail,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't think GC has to worry about any D1 coaches calling any time soon especially Starsia lesson learned. The ones that were lucky enough to earn a spot on a D1 lower teir team will be the last for a long time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hate to burst your bubble but the reputation and legacy does all the recruiting for the coaches at Chaminade. Do parents call coaches yes do coaches call the parents back no. Although kids will tell the coaches they want to come and are trying to come the coaches don't know until the year starts. The coaches have nothing at all to do with the admission process period.

As for the game they lost period. No excuses the other team was better period.

How does it happen
Denver lost to Penn St
Yale is #1
Gc is 0-3
Trump is running for President
Clinton wants to be the second women in the oval office
Stuff happens

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Given the number of talented lax players get every year, I think a strong argument can be made that Cham should win more than they do. The 2013 team was dynamite. Div 1 kids at every spot including FOGO and LSM. The second midfield line had kids committed to Harvard, Princeton and Villanova. That team never should have lost a game. My point is that maybe there are other factors that need to be evaluated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love when Chaminade loses makes the day go so much faster, reading all the pile on mail,

All of you are crazy! Yes Chaminade lost... All games lost are bad! Is chaminade the better team, not yesterday. at the end of the season you hope for a winning record and beating St Anthony's. That being said Chaminade has played 3 regular season games this year St. Ignatinus 9 that is not a excuse but a fact. Let's have this conversation at the end of the season, no one can dispute that Chaminade Varsity is a very talented team this year, does that make them one of the best? Only time will tell, my son is on that team and he was not happy with there play yesterday as was the next teammate. Happy lacrosse season to all and wishing you all a great season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You been losing big games for the last 4 years, you are just another good high school
Team on LI, time to face the facts, u have one d LP, that would start on an all Long Island team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You been losing big games for the last 4 years, you are just another good high school
Team on LI, time to face the facts, u have one d LP, that would start on an all Long Island team.

Yeas they are a very good team... yes he would plus many others. Thanks for your opinion have a great weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't think GC has to worry about any D1 coaches calling any time soon especially Starsia lesson learned. The ones that were lucky enough to earn a spot on a D1 lower teir team will be the last for a long time.

I don't think anyone will be needing to worry about Starsia calling anymore in a couple months.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Given the number of talented lax players get every year, I think a strong argument can be made that Cham should win more than they do. The 2013 team was dynamite. Div 1 kids at every spot including FOGO and LSM. The second midfield line had kids committed to Harvard, Princeton and Villanova. That team never should have lost a game. My point is that maybe there are other factors that need to be evaluated.

Called being fat and happy with most of the best players competing for limited spots on their roster. Moran will retire and they will not miss a beat. Players win most games. Its the lesser teams that require great coaching. Moran is content on having kids be big time recruited and trade wins and championships with his Express buddy Wieczorek.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade seems to lose to high quality out of conference teams more often than not. I can't remember the last time they beat tiny Yorktown. I'm betting they go 1-5 against WM, Manhasset, Yorktown, Pequa, Greenwich and Delbarton.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade seems to lose to high quality out of conference teams more often than not. I can't remember the last time they beat tiny Yorktown. I'm betting they go 1-5 against WM, Manhasset, Yorktown, Pequa, Greenwich and Delbarton.

Whatever you say silly man. Now, go home and get your shine box...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Today is a perfect example. Out of a timeout, why put a shorty on WM's best player? Kid promptly took the shorty and scored to give WM a two goal lead. How stupid can you be??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade drops another BIG one today! Go public, told you they are better. You just need to face facts and admit it for once!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Time to start a new charter school just for lacrosse players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade is not a very good team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Chaminade seems to lose to high quality out of conference teams more often than not. I can't remember the last time they beat tiny Yorktown. I'm betting they go 1-5 against WM, Manhasset, Yorktown, Pequa, Greenwich and Delbarton.

They beat Yorktown last year. At Yorktown. Handily. With that said, today was an atrocious loss.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade, at least today, looks like a team with a bunch of good players but they sure don't seem like a team with a great player.....particularly on the offensive end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seniors should play especially on offense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seniors should play especially on offense

Really? The ones who do play aren't exactly lighting it up.

Like Reply Quote
Page 34 of 111 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard