BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 111 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Chaminade still sends more players to the D1 ranks than just about any school in the country."

In the country?? lol! Take your sons Cham jacket off and step away from the computer!

Can you name a school in New [lacrosse] that's sent more kids to D1 over the last 20 years or so? All of the great publics have relative droughts from time to time, but that doesn't really happen at a school like Chaminade (due to the enrollment numbers and ability to draw from all over the island).

(I don't have a son at Chaminade, but I am a big fan of Long Island lacrosse.)

These kids were going D1 before they went to Chaminade .. They didn't need help from the coaches. They already had the talent

Well what came first the chicken or the egg? The kids who already had the talent wouldn't be going there if the program wasn't already built. What built the program? The coach, the academic reputation of the school and the club team feeder system. Hard to duplicate on Long Island. Success breeds success unless more schools can knock them off going forward. A tall task.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Chaminade still sends more players to the D1 ranks than just about any school in the country."

In the country?? lol! Take your sons Cham jacket off and step away from the computer!

Can you name a school in New [lacrosse] that's sent more kids to D1 over the last 20 years or so? All of the great publics have relative droughts from time to time, but that doesn't really happen at a school like Chaminade (due to the enrollment numbers and ability to draw from all over the island).

I don't know if they send more kids to the D1 ranks than any other strong program but I think that both Chaminade and St Anthony's have produced more D1 All Americans than any other LI schools over the past 10 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These kids were going D1 before they went to Chaminade .. They didn't need help from the coaches. They already had the talent

Well what came first the chicken or the egg? The kids who already had the talent wouldn't be going there if the program wasn't already built. What built the program? The coach, the academic reputation of the school and the club team feeder system. Hard to duplicate on Long Island. Success breeds success unless more schools can knock them off going forward. A tall task.

What came first and is still the big thing is the club team not the HS teams..sorry

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U are dead wrong , my guy did not play for big time club team, started a playoff game
At Hofstra in playoff HS game has a Soph and the phone was ringing like crazy, keep giving
Your money away .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U are dead wrong , my guy did not play for big time club team, started a playoff game
At Hofstra in playoff HS game has a Soph and the phone was ringing like crazy, keep giving
Your money away .

Wow, thats great. Did your son play in summer tournaments or go to recruiting events?

Did he only play HS Lacrosse? Where did he end up going to school?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D1, good school , good money, no club ball, suck it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm surprised your arrogance didn't blow it for your son. Great for him. He is prob a monster athlete and sometimes don't need club . Most of the time kids do unless they are a special athlete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm surprised your arrogance didn't blow it for your son. Great for him. He is prob a monster athlete and sometimes don't need club . Most of the time kids do unless they are a special athlete.

you're probably responding to a prepubescents' rant…..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D1, good school , good money, no club ball, suck it.

I guess those college coaches were done? Or did they ask for special video of your sons fantastic play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many kids do have the talent pre Catholic school but they go to get challenged, both in practice and those non league games. Publics only play 3 or 4 challenging D1 worthy games. Catholics play only 3 or 4 pushovers (yes they are in league).

Best way to prep for D1 is go Catholics (Chaminade and St. Anthony's) especially if from a mid level school district.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Many kids do have the talent pre Catholic school but they go to get challenged, both in practice and those non league games. Publics only play 3 or 4 challenging D1 worthy games. Catholics play only 3 or 4 pushovers (yes they are in league).

Best way to prep for D1 is go Catholics (Chaminade and St. Anthony's) especially if from a mid level school district.

The best way to prep is to play a very good club schedule and with good club teammates...The HS schedule is easy compared to that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best way to prep is to play a very good club schedule and with good club teammates...The HS schedule is easy compared to that

What world do you live in?

Club lacrosse is good for recruiting purposes, but to compare club games to high level high school lacrosse is just silly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay, I hear you. I raise your club team comment and see you a HS team who is comprised of at least 10-15 boys who play competitive club lacrosse and the balance also playing on the club circuit.

You say the Club circuit and their schedule are tougher... yes, it may be but practicing everyday with the above mentioned talent on a HS team (like Chaminade/St. Anthony's) has value. On LI, I dont think anyone can argue The best challenge for a dedicated player is playing on a competitive Club team and on one of those HS teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats going on with the front of Chaminade Jericho Turnpike side. ripping up fields? for new ones?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New science and technology building

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
outdoor pool

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You really think that practicing every day at chammy or st a is any different than WI, WM, SME or SMW? Throw in games against those schools plus conetquot, northport, hhh e and sachem north...throw in non league games against chammy and yorktown...LI publics no worse off than chammy and st a...

plenty of public school kids going d-1 at all the big name schools and ivies...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh, maybe they will actually be able to compete in a science competition, haven't seen them do anything in that dept......ever!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh, maybe they will actually be able to compete in a science competition, haven't seen them do anything in that dept......ever!

I hear the debate team is awesome and the holy rosary relay team is tops in the nation!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear the debate team is awesome and the holy rosary relay team is tops in the nation!

Still with all that one of the top lacrosse teams in the country

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not one of the best...THE BEST

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
st. A's is cleaning up with the incoming with next year's incomimg '20 group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jealous parents. Kids not smart enough to get accepted? Starts with the parents....LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So at least another 3 maybe 4 years of Chaminade domination. Not good news for the Friars.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You really think that practicing every day at chammy or st a is any different than WI, WM, SME or SMW? Throw in games against those schools plus conetquot, northport, hhh e and sachem north...throw in non league games against chammy and yorktown...LI publics no worse off than chammy and st a...

You're right, Maybe not at those schools but at any other iof the 43 schools left in Suffolk. If you don't go to those schools and have a lax enthusiast move or go catholic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, very different. Just check on the number of Devision 1 All Americans over the past five or 10 years. West Islip might compare and Smithtown West put out a great player but that is about it. How many Devision 1 All Americans has Smithtown East produced? (i really don't know). I don't think Ward Melville has produced a Devision 1 All American who graduated HS in the past 15 years. They are all strong programs but they are not preparing their players to excel at the Devision 1 level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, very different. Just check on the number of Devision 1 All Americans over the past five or 10 years. West Islip might compare and Smithtown West put out a great player but that is about it. How many Devision 1 All Americans has Smithtown East produced? (i really don't know). I don't think Ward Melville has produced a Devision 1 All American who graduated HS in the past 15 years. They are all strong programs but they are not preparing their players to excel at the Devision 1 level.

Sorry about the spelling... Division

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So at least another 3 maybe 4 years of Chaminade domination. Not good news for the Friars.

How is St Doms these days or SJB (Lots of young talent)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is St Doms these days or SJB (Lots of young talent)

Doms got a good 2019 (surprise) - will likely play Varsity

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doms has nice junior/senior class that should make some noise...SJB is very young..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SJB is young. Heard there are multiple freshmen and sophomores on varsity. Unlike some, they play the best players regardless of class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the long run? Chaminade has been producing high quality lacrosse players since the 1970s. The have consistently executed on just about every metric that matters. They execute in the classroom and on the field and yes the send a very large number of kids to great college lacrosse programs. Why would they ever change their ways? Jack Moran has a system that seems to work pretty darn well. I wouldn't hold my breath expecting them to change.

And no my kid does not go to Chaminade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SJB is young. Heard there are multiple freshmen and sophomores on varsity. Unlike some, they play the best players regardless of class.

Listen to yourself. SUBMIT has done nothing. The pool of players there is very shallow as a result they must bring up underclassmen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Listen to yourself. SUBMIT has done nothing. The pool of players there is very shallow as a result they must bring up underclassmen

I guess spell check got ya. SJB is supposed to be where submit is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG you didn't actually say that.....did you.....I can't believe a father would stoop so low What next .....you going to tell me my grandmother wears army boots ...LOL. If you don't like it here's a suggestion stay out of it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG you didn't actually say that.....did you.....I can't believe a father would stoop so low What next .....you going to tell me my grandmother wears army boots ...LOL. If you don't like it here's a suggestion stay out of it

OMG you didn't actually say OMG...did you....how old are you 14?....and female?......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't believe what this once great sport has turned into. Parents arguing with other parents , putting kids down , putting schools ( like Chaminade ) down , it's unreal. People, it's lacrosse. Half the kids don't even want to play anymore because of you and they are to afraid to tell you. I hope you feel good now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you prefer I stoop to your level!!! Please grow up and move on First the oh and we have girls comment Real tough now this Please as I said if you don't like it stay out of it Obiviously you can't handle it Grow up Move on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade's Science Team just finished 8th out of 405 HS's in NY State. Highest ranked Catholic.

You were saying......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The above was in response to the guy a page or so back who said they'd never seen CHS ever do anything in science. BTW, it was some NYS Science Olympiad.

Like Reply Quote
Page 31 of 111 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard