BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,781
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 111 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your grammar and syntax are indicative of either a fake poster or a 5th grader.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous

From the individual who keeps posting to stir the pot. Why are you so angry? Why are you always posting the same crap. The Senior class is not weak. This discussion you started revolved around the Sophomore and Junior class. I was pointing out that we should not overlook the Senior class. They are a great group of players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
if you go position by position...if sophs were on varsity they would be starting all over field.

If you are in the know, you would remember that the 2017 class beat the 2018 class by 15-17 goals in a shortened scrimmage last year. Where is the change in outcome coming from all of the sudden. There have been no additions and actually a few committed kids have gone back to their public schools. Please let it be known that these Sophomores are great players as are the Juniors. I am not knocking the Sophomores just someone trying to stir the pot or a Sophomore parent who is a bit overzealous. I like to provide facts. This is not fantasy its reality where results occur on the actual field of play head to head.

So I guess this guy's right.

I am right in these ways.

1. Chaminade does it correctly by letting players develop and then bring them up. Yes there are the really truly exceptional players that have been brought up in the past. I think that these players might have filled holes or added depth that was not on the varsity during that year.

2. Both the 2017 and 2018 classes are loaded with talent. You cant deny that. Cant forget the senior class also.

3. 99% of the time kids are fine with waiting their turn. Its certain parents who think that corners should be cut for them. I am happy Chaminade stands its ground against some of these overzealous parents.

With the perceived inflexible environment of Chaminade, does anyone see this as a deterrent to those scholar athletes whom originally may have chose Chaminade. Those scholar athletes may want to play varsity sooner. Does any one think this impacted 2019 or 2020 core of athletes. (yes yes the argument could be it would be hard to hard for '19/20 leap frog those 2018's anyway so it might also act as an excuse for those grades to stay on JV.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. You are pathetic. Your feeble attempt at a comeback is hysterical. Just like a child looking for anything to attack. This moderator actually makes sense when he posts. Can you refute anything he posted. He actually provides facts and makes valid arguments. All while you are a tough guy speaking about his grammer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade sophomore are no better than any other grade, or public school kids. Please get over yourselves! You only seem good playing your own age group! Maybe one or two could hang with the big boys, otherwise, you need to pipe down and keep working!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you go position by position...if sophs were on varsity they would be starting all over field.

If you are in the know, you would remember that the 2017 class beat the 2018 class by 15-17 goals in a shortened scrimmage last year. Where is the change in outcome coming from all of the sudden. There have been no additions and actually a few committed kids have gone back to their public schools. Please let it be known that these Sophomores are great players as are the Juniors. I am not knocking the Sophomores just someone trying to stir the pot or a Sophomore parent who is a bit overzealous. I like to provide facts. This is not fantasy its reality where results occur on the actual field of play head to head.

1. Chaminade does it correctly by letting players develop and then bring them up. Yes there are the really truly exceptional players that have been brought up in the past. I think that these players might have filled holes or added depth that was not on the varsity during that year.

2. Both the 2017 and 2018 classes are loaded with talent. You cant deny that. Cant forget the senior class also.

3. 99% of the time kids are fine with waiting their turn. Its certain parents who think that corners should be cut for them. I am happy Chaminade stands its ground against some of these overzealous parents.

With the perceived inflexible environment of Chaminade, does anyone see this as a deterrent to those scholar athletes whom originally may have chose Chaminade. Those scholar athletes may want to play varsity sooner. Does any one think this impacted 2019 or 2020 core of athletes. (yes yes the argument could be it would be hard to hard for '19/20 leap frog those 2018's anyway so it might also act as an excuse for those grades to stay on JV.

Does anyone know somebody who has a PHD in lax? The skill set isnt woth much after college, so what the end game? There is no end game other than getting into a good school and hoping that you can also compete academically - which is what Chaminade prepares them for!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

This has been the tradition. I could understand if it was changed after you enrolled. I dont think it has been detrimental to the placement of players at the next level. The overall recruiting has been stellar at Chaminade. Look how many players they have playing at the top schools D1 and D3. To know what you are getting into and to follow that path is actually kind of a good thing, No? Think about it, you dont have to worry about playing Varsity until 11th grade and no one frowns about it. Parents really shouldn't complain either because it is the way Chaminade has done it for a long time. I think there are always those who think they should be the exception to the rule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This has been the tradition. I could understand if it was changed after you enrolled. I dont think it has been detrimental to the placement of players at the next level. The overall recruiting has been stellar at Chaminade. Look how many players they have playing at the top schools D1 and D3. To know what you are getting into and to follow that path is actually kind of a good thing, No? Think about it, you dont have to worry about playing Varsity until 11th grade and no one frowns about it. Parents really shouldn't complain either because it is the way Chaminade has done it for a long time. I think there are always those who think they should be the exception to the rule.

If you want to play varsity sooner......stay in public school. Enough with the over-hyped underclassmen who feel its their right to be brought up to varsity. How about sit, shut up, wait your turn......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Parents send their son to a school with a million kids playing lacrosse and then complain they don't take up underclassmen. You want your underclass superstar to shine on varsity? Go to your public school or one of the lesser Catholics. You placed your small fish in a big pond, now pipe down and wait your turn.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I hear you, i do, but do you think some of those truly exceptional LI players are not considering it because there isn't a chance to move up. 2017 had lots of hype as 2018 had, I am sure both thought they would help Chaminade change their stripes and get moved up.

If ever they proved they wont change was with these groups. No doubt for the next 3 years they will be touted as one of the best, if '17 & '18 gel watch out, but what happens after '18's are gone.

In this day & age and era, will they stand fast and fight the revolution which could prove to be the beginning of the end. or will they evolve with the times. Evolution or revolution what will it be!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No sophomore is good enough to start, so there will be neither a revolution or evolution. Daddy ball at it's best!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
No sophomore is good enough to start, so there will be neither a revolution or evolution. Daddy ball at it's best!

The strong will survive and Chaminade is an island unto itself. The powers that be will stand steadfast to their way of doing things. Those who attend Chaminade know how they do things. Chaminade has been very successful over the years at lacrosse. Why would they change a working formula? They are not lacking in talent in any class. They will always have the players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The strong will survive and Chaminade is an island unto itself. The powers that be will stand steadfast to their way of doing things. Those who attend Chaminade know how they do things. Chaminade has been very successful over the years at lacrosse. Why would they change a working formula? They are not lacking in talent in any class. They will always have the players.

And God is on their side as well!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great education you got
With all that is happening in the world
Gods number one priority is chaminadenlacrosse lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great education you got

Lighten up Francis.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Times are a changin' in the lax world. In years past, Chaminade never had to face the pressure of their paying customers being recruited earlier and earlier. Their "system" worked in the world when the best kids were recruited in 11th and 12th grade. What's unbelievably ironic is that it was Chaminade's own coaches who started the Express summer club and ignited the ascent of the entire club lax scene to eventually leapfrog their own high school program in terms of recruiting importance and likewise fueling the environment for early recruiting to catch fire. The early recruiting that they themselves helped to orchestrate has now come back to haunt their varsity program to the point where they will have to cave to the pressure of their paying customers not to have Express D1 commits playing against other 15 year olds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great education you got

We are on a lacrosse forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Times are a changin' in the lax world. In years past, Chaminade never had to face the pressure of their paying customers being recruited earlier and earlier. Their "system" worked in the world when the best kids were recruited in 11th and 12th grade. What's unbelievably ironic is that it was Chaminade's own coaches who started the Express summer club and ignited the ascent of the entire club lax scene to eventually leapfrog their own high school program in terms of recruiting importance and likewise fueling the environment for early recruiting to catch fire. The early recruiting that they themselves helped to orchestrate has now come back to haunt their varsity program to the point where they will have to cave to the pressure of their paying customers not to have Express D1 commits playing against other 15 year olds.

No Chaminade (or other LI "powerhouse") players are being punished for playing freshman/JV lacrosse, at least not when it comes to recruiting. Chaminade still sends more players to the D1 ranks than just about any school in the country.

While players are now committing to schools in their freshman year, they haven't gotten any better when compared to the school's juniors. Why would Chaminade want to move them up to varsity?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Chaminade still sends more players to the D1 ranks than just about any school in the country."

In the country?? lol! Take your sons Cham jacket off and step away from the computer!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Chaminade still sends more players to the D1 ranks than just about any school in the country."

In the country?? lol! Take your sons Cham jacket off and step away from the computer!

Seriously, what do you all care? If your son does not go to Chaminade, why do you care? You chose a public school or other school prep for your kid, others chose Chaminade for the reasons they saw best for their kid. Obviously, we all hope to do what is best by our kids, which means, everyone did what was right for them and what they think is BEST. your best, is not the next person's best. The parents that send their kid to Chaminade and want them to play there know the system and they still sent them. There were other options and those that decide it is not for them will leave. Do they have many kids that go D1- absolutely, but there are other schools as well. Skill will always be the number one factor, but no one can deny the connections of a well established coach, club or school. It is what it is and we all have choices. You want your kid to go elsewhere- then that is great and that is what is BEST for you and your kid, but enough dragging down someone else's choice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No Chaminade (or other LI "powerhouse") players are being punished for playing freshman/JV lacrosse, at least not when it comes to recruiting. Chaminade still sends more players to the D1 ranks than just about any school in the country.

While players are now committing to schools in their freshman year, they haven't gotten any better when compared to the school's juniors. Why would Chaminade want to move them up to varsity?

But is a good for a kid's development to be forced to play against average kids if he' s good enough to be recruited by a D1 program as a Freshman?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But is a good for a kid's development to be forced to play against average kids if he' s good enough to be recruited by a D1 program as a Freshman?

He would be recruited as freshman based on playing against kids in his own grade. Just because a kids is an early recruit does not mean he's better than an upperclassman that wasn't

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. But that's not answering the question asked. The question is this: Is it beneficial for the continuing development of a freshman that has been recruited by Duke to be artificially forced to keep playing against average players that haven't been recruited?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you're so concerned with little Johnny playing varsity as a freshman or sophomore, go to public school and stop whining. Ain't happening at Cham.!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eventually, Chaminade will let their players rise and fall depending on ability, not grade. That includes moving upperclassmen down to JV and Frosh/Sophs up to varsity if ability determines that's the right place. A lot of private schools have no problem having Seniors on JV if they get cut from varsity but still want to play lacrosse. 5 years from now this will be the norm and the current rigid and artificial system will give way to free market forces of natural ability.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. But that's not answering the question asked. The question is this: Is it beneficial for the continuing development of a freshman that has been recruited by Duke to be artificially forced to keep playing against average players that haven't been recruited?

There is no question that there will be games when that player is not challenged; however, typically that same player will play against future Div 1 kids when he plays Anthony's (twice), Delbarton, Fairfield Prep, etc. It certainly won't [lacrosse] his development.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He would be recruited as freshman based on playing against kids in his own grade. Just because a kids is an early recruit does not mean he's better than an upperclassman that wasn't

Let's be honest besides StA and Chaminade the Catholic league to say at best is week.. If they didn't play any outside games it would be no challenge at all.. They play 2 league games a year and the rest are preparing for teams outside of the league. Just wish some of those kids would go to other schools and make it competitive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's not an answer to the question about development.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eventually, Chaminade will let their players rise and fall depending on ability, not grade. That includes moving upperclassmen down to JV and Frosh/Sophs up to varsity if ability determines that's the right place. A lot of private schools have no problem having Seniors on JV if they get cut from varsity but still want to play lacrosse. 5 years from now this will be the norm and the current rigid and artificial system will give way to free market forces of natural ability.

I don't understand the resistance that Chaminade and St A's has to change. Programs like Haverford, which would chew up and spit out Chaminade, have no problem with underclass players on varsity. What's the real issue here to the resistance to change? The entire world is changing - lax and otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

That's not an answer to the question about development.

Well I think it is. A lot of the early recruiting is based on projected development. Taking a great player in 9th versus 11th just locks them up earlier so no one can get their hands on them. There is no real way to determine if a player will be as good as they were when facing players that are in their own grade maybe a year older. As the player matures does he develop (height, size, more speed, stick skills, and in a multitude of other areas) I have heard it time and time again this year is better than that year or this year is worse. So would a standout player from one grad year be a stand out if he were in another or just average. I wish there was a real way to determine this. What I do know is that If I were to put my son on a field versus himself from lets say 1 year ago, it wouldn't even be fair. Hes grown 5 inches and added 15-20 lbs of muscle. All that while putting in more time on the wall and training.

What is the issue with what Chaminade does? Its not hurting anyone. The team is fine and has been doing fine the way they are doing things. I will say it again, 99% of the time its the parent with the issue. The issue I have is, you knew the way they did things before you signed up to go there. It was no surprise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spit up and chew ?? Easy on the drama.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry I meant chew and spit up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The question begs - why are Chaminade and St A's such outliers in the HS lax world - they seem stuck in an old fashioned way of thinking while others have progressed. There is no doubt that if they don't change with the times, more and more early recruited kids will leave or not even go in the first place. The appearance of stubbornness and hubris will not help them in the long run. Old traditions are made to be broken and yes, I also vote Democrat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's be honest besides StA and Chaminade the Catholic league to say at best is week.. If they didn't play any outside games it would be no challenge at all.. They play 2 league games a year and the rest are preparing for teams outside of the league. Just wish some of those kids would go to other schools and make it competitive

Your right but it is what it is. Not our fault the other teams aren't competitive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The question begs - why are Chaminade and St A's such outliers in the HS lax world - they seem stuck in an old fashioned way of thinking while others have progressed. There is no doubt that if they don't change with the times, more and more early recruited kids will leave or not even go in the first place. The appearance of stubbornness and hubris will not help them in the long run. Old traditions are made to be broken and yes, I also vote Democrat.

There's more to Chaminade than lacrosse. They like to do things the old fashioned way and those who choose to send their boys there like it that way. Change is not the same thing as progress. But I suppose you like 14 year olds committing. And it was obvious that you're a Democrat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They won't unless they know they will be big time recruited. That's why my son is at Chaminade. Wish I didn't have to have him commute from suffolk county. Especially passing another catholic school on the way. Maybe the new guy at SJB can build something that's closer for my 5th grader.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you name a school in New [lacrosse] that's sent more kids to D1 over the last 20 years or so? All of the great publics have relative droughts from time to time, but that doesn't really happen at a school like Chaminade (due to the enrollment numbers and ability to draw from all over the island).

(I don't have a son at Chaminade, but I am a big fan of Long Island lacrosse.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't understand the resistance that Chaminade and St A's has to change. Programs like Haverford, which would chew up and spit out Chaminade, have no problem with underclass players on varsity. What's the real issue here to the resistance to change? The entire world is changing - lax and otherwise.

Haverford was by far the best team in the country in 2015.

In 2014, however, they lost six times (including a loss to St. Anthony's). In 2013, they lost seven times. I take it you never played lacrosse growing up? This is your first son going through the recruiting process?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you name a school in New [lacrosse] that's sent more kids to D1 over the last 20 years or so? All of the great publics have relative droughts from time to time, but that doesn't really happen at a school like Chaminade (due to the enrollment numbers and ability to draw from all over the island).

These kids were going D1 before they went to Chaminade .. They didn't need help from the coaches. They already had the talent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haverford, Gonzonga, Boys Latin, Hill, do I need to go on?

Like Reply Quote
Page 30 of 111 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard