BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,890
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 111 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no need to be so sarcastic. just wondering if someone I now will be invited to tryout out for Varsity.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
prediction around is that several sophs. definitely up on varsity. offensive players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
prediction around is that several sophs. definitely up on varsity. offensive players

won't happen.... unless there are injuries. How many times have Sophomore's been moved up at Chaminade in the last 30 years? I bet you can count it on 1 hand......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why move anyone up? They have all the same cookie cutter players throughout the rosters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why move anyone up? They have all the same cookie cutter players throughout the rosters.

Perhaps....but you sure can't beat the dough

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A current junior attackman broke the all-time freshman scoring record. He was not brought up to varsity as a sophomore. Again, I think there offense will be fine without any 10 graders. You will just have to wait your turn like every other Chaminade class...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A current junior attackman broke the all-time freshman scoring record. He was not brought up to varsity as a sophomore. Again, I think there offense will be fine without any 10 graders. You will just have to wait your turn like every other Chaminade class...

Let's be honest, the bottom line is that HS lacrosse means nothing compared to club lacrosse..sometimes the play is so bad it looks like PAL all over again.. Kids can pad their stats sometimes because they are playing against kids that are out there to be with their friends and no other reason. I thought it would be better but it's much more enjoyable watching the club teams.. So your stats mean nothing at all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said... Yes they will be fine

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's be honest, the bottom line is that HS lacrosse means nothing compared to club lacrosse..sometimes the play is so bad it looks like PAL all over again.. Kids can pad their stats sometimes because they are playing against kids that are out there to be with their friends and no other reason. I thought it would be better but it's much more enjoyable watching the club teams.. So your stats mean nothing at all

Some food for thought on the HS vs club lacrosse thing. In club lacrosse, 9th graders play against 9th graders. 8th graders against 8th graders. For all the videos I've seen of early commits on club teams, I would love to see these 9th grade phenoms play against 11th and 12th graders. That's only happening in HS. So padding of stats happens on club teams too, especially when one very good team is matched up against a poor team. Seen it way too often.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is that kid one of the 12 that committed from 2017?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is that kid one of the 12 that committed from 2017?

yes....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"HS lacrosse means nothing compared to club"?

Huh?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh?

The all-time freshman scoring record......C'mon...really. Are u serious. This is a joke right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh?

Are we talking against Brentwood, Deer Park, Copiague, Longwood, Pat Med, Malvern, Wheatley, Uniondale, Hempstead, Island Trees, St Marys? Then yes, I'd rather watch PAL and stats are being seriously padded.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh?

When Chaminade JV plays St. Anthony's JV there are college coaches in the stands. It is a recruiting event. College coaches know the schools' philosophies about (not) bringing up under classmen. Wake up and stop worrying so much about labels!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all time freshman scoring record? really Dad? you track that list?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh?

When Chaminade JV plays St. Anthony's JV there are college coaches in the stands. It is a recruiting event. College coaches know the schools' philosophies about (not) bringing up under classmen. Wake up and stop worrying so much about labels!

Chaminade's JV schedule includes schools with tremendous long term success. In addition to St. A's, Delbarton, Fairfield Prep, Greenwich and Y-town all have talent worth watching.

Probably a step above most club games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh?

Frankly, there have been as many college coaches at the Cham/SA freshman game as there have been at the Cham/SA JV game. I believe that Duke had coaches at the freshman game late in the season but not the JV game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh?

Recruiting event, lol, not!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is.... Last years game at Chaminade there were over 30 coaches in attendance. To me that qualifies as a recruiting event.

Huh?

Recruiting event, lol, not!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its not cookie cutter when the sophomore class has more D1 recruits than the upper classes have .
its a very strong group. they may stay down on jv which is fine, but the jrs are strong group as well.

I can't imagine what fun the parents of the All Time Freshman scoring record holder will be like in the stands this year...wow!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh?

Frankly, there have been as many college coaches at the Cham/SA freshman game as there have been at the Cham/SA JV game. I believe that Duke had coaches at the freshman game late in the season but not the JV game.

When/where is the Cham/SA freshman game this year. I cant see the schedules anywhere? I am not sure they play the same day as Jv/Var. 4/5 & 5/3 or even if they play twice. Always heard they were good games

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its not cookie cutter when the sophomore class has more D1 recruits than the upper classes have .
its a very strong group. they may stay down on jv which is fine, but the jrs are strong group as well.

I can't imagine what fun the parents of the All Time Freshman scoring record holder will be like in the stands this year...wow!!!

If the sophs are soooo good....how come they don't have an all time freshman scoring leader. Or maybe they are all so good they all have the record.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its a mythical record like being the CHSAA State Champion by defeating St.Ants.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Huh?

Chaminade's JV schedule includes schools with tremendous long term success. In addition to St. A's, Delbarton, Fairfield Prep, Greenwich and Y-town all have talent worth watching.

Probably a step above most club games.

If your kid goes to Chaminade and is good he will get looks before he gets to varsity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So with so many Soph more commits would Soph vs
Varsity be a close game?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So with so many Soph more commits would Soph vs
Varsity be a close game?

nope!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
disagree. unless you mean sophs in a blowout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you go position by position...if sophs were on varsity they would be starting all over field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are so wrong. Not sure where you are getting your info. Intimidation factor alone being on the same field with the Varsity scares those sophs.
They would get bullied all over the field. There is a reason they are so successful and their process works. Year after year winning records. No need to bring anyone up to fast. And they don't bow to anyone.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

These so called super sophs are a product of the early recruiting phenomenon. If the early recruiting stuff didnt happen so early (as in 9th and 10th grade) they would just be committed in 11th grade like all the other great players to play at Chaminade before them. Some great sophs no doubt but until they are tried and tested let them play JV its been tradition for a long time. Chaminade does it correctly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6 Soph up already on St. Ants. First time for everything these days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sophomores wouldn't be able to keep up with the varsity. Just like when the 2018 played the 2017 last year. Chaminade acclimates them to the speed of the game which helps make the program so successful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game

These so called super sophs are a product of the early recruiting phenomenon. If the early recruiting stuff didnt happen so early (as in 9th and 10th grade) they would just be committed in 11th grade like all the other great players to play at Chaminade before them. Some great sophs no doubt but until they are tried and tested let them play JV its been tradition for a long time. Chaminade does it correctly.

Some of them are really small. Will be pummeled if they played up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6 Soph up already on St. Ants. First time for everything these days.

huh.....did practices start.....that's a NO

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
if you go position by position...if sophs were on varsity they would be starting all over field.

If you are in the know, you would remember that the 2017 class beat the 2018 class by 15-17 goals in a shortened scrimmage last year. Where is the change in outcome coming from all of the sudden. There have been no additions and actually a few committed kids have gone back to their public schools. Please let it be known that these Sophomores are great players as are the Juniors. I am not knocking the Sophomores just someone trying to stir the pot or a Sophomore parent who is a bit overzealous. I like to provide facts. This is not fantasy its reality where results occur on the actual field of play head to head.

Last edited by America's Game; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are so wrong. Not sure where you are getting your info. Intimidation factor alone being on the same field with the Varsity scares those sophs.
They would get bullied all over the field. There is a reason they are so successful and their process works. Year after year winning records. No need to bring anyone up to fast. And they don't bow to anyone.

Not true. Kid currently at Yale played in 10th as did current kid at UVA. Just a couple of years ago. Just sayin...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are in the know, you would remember that the 2017 class beat the 2018 class by 15-17 goals in a shortened scrimmage last year. Where is the change in outcome coming from all of the sudden. There have been no additions and actually a few committed kids have gone back to their public schools. Please let it be known that these Sophomores are great players as are the Juniors. I am not knocking the Sophomores just someone trying to stir the pot or a Sophomore parent who is a bit overzealous. I like to provide facts. This is not fantasy its reality where results occur on the actual field of play head to head.

So I guess this guy's right.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

So I guess this guy's right.

I am right in these ways.

1. Chaminade does it correctly by letting players develop and then bring them up. Yes there are the really truly exceptional players that have been brought up in the past. I think that these players might have filled holes or added depth that was not on the varsity during that year.

2. Both the 2017 and 2018 classes are loaded with talent. You cant deny that. Cant forget the senior class also.

3. 99% of the time kids are fine with waiting their turn. Its certain parents who think that corners should be cut for them. I am happy Chaminade stands its ground against some of these overzealous parents.

Last edited by America's Game; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2016 class is the weak link ?

Like Reply Quote
Page 29 of 111 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled