BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,781
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 111 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That is exactly what he is saying.
You can only keep your kid sheltered in your all boys religious world for so long
They it will be welcome to the real world. Good luck

Take your anti-Catholic hatred elsewhere......really, give it a rest already!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is exactly what he is saying.
You can only keep your kid sheltered in your all boys religious world for so long
They it will be welcome to the real world. Good luck

Take your anti-Catholic hatred elsewhere......really, give it a rest already!

Agree. Typical anti-Catholic school nonsense. If more people on this site and in life followed the simple good standards that the catholic schools teach we would all be better off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son chose Publuc school over an elite private school
That was friends academy and portledge
Chaminade is far from an elite school unless you want a clone
If a religious education is what you want great for you but academically chaminade is far from top privates
My son chose to stay in our public school which recognizing multiple cultures since that is the real world he will live in for the rest of his life.
He will be better adjusted as an ivy commit as a result
Nothing wrong about chaminade if that is what your kid wants but stop fooling yourself if you think that the school is among the elite on Long Island

Yeah, recognizing other "Cultures" really worked out for us. My son couldn't wait to LEAVE our school district. I think we'll stick with Chaminade,,,,,,

Sounds a little racist to me...is that what you are teaching your kid?

You're probably a worm. Crawl back into your trailer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son chose Publuc school over an elite private school
That was friends academy and portledge
Chaminade is far from an elite school unless you want a clone
If a religious education is what you want great for you but academically chaminade is far from top privates
My son chose to stay in our public school which recognizing multiple cultures since that is the real world he will live in for the rest of his life.
He will be better adjusted as an ivy commit as a result
Nothing wrong about chaminade if that is what your kid wants but stop fooling yourself if you think that the school is among the elite on Long Island

Yeah, recognizing other "Cultures" really worked out for us. My son couldn't wait to LEAVE our school district. I think we'll stick with Chaminade,,,,,,

Sounds a little racist to me...is that what you are teaching your kid?

You're probably a worm. Crawl back into your trailer.

Yup, just as I figured, elitist and racist. You must be great fun on the admissions committee at the club Judge Smails.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
That is quite enough. No more racist comments.. This is ugly and I want it stopped.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go CSH!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
That is quite enough. No more racist comments.. This is ugly and I want it stopped.

Please pull the plug on this thread already. It has become absurd and has nothing to do with Chaminade lacrosse or any lacrosse for that matter. Unfortunately it has everything to do with insecure parents (perhaps with some 12 yr old boys mixed in) arguing over the perceived merits of public school versus a private Catholic school. I, and perhaps many others, could care less where some random parent sends their kid to high school. I am interested in lacrosse. The commentary here is 90% idiotic and uninformed. Enough already. Chaminade is a great school and many publics are great schools as well. There are arrogant, insecure parents on both sides of the fence. We good now? Can we move on? Back to lacrosse please!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please pull the plug on this thread already. It has become absurd and has nothing to do with Chaminade lacrosse or any lacrosse for that matter. Unfortunately it has everything to do with insecure parents (perhaps with some 12 yr old boys mixed in) arguing over the perceived merits of public school versus a private Catholic school. I, and perhaps many others, could care less where some random parent sends their kid to high school. I am interested in lacrosse. The commentary here is 90% idiotic and uninformed. Enough already. Chaminade is a great school and many publics are great schools as well. There are arrogant, insecure parents on both sides of the fence. We good now? Can we move on? Back to lacrosse please!!!!!

Just delete everything and start again. If a poster appears to be a current Syosset varsity or Chaminade freshman team parent, just insta-delete.

Back on topic: Big surprise (I know, I know, Suffolk A league limitations and all that), but once again Chaminade and St. Anthony's appear to have by far the most impressive schedules in all of New [lacrosse]. Discuss...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just delete everything and start again. If a poster appears to be a current Syosset varsity or Chaminade freshman team parent, just insta-delete.

Back on topic: Big surprise (I know, I know, Suffolk A league limitations and all that), but once again Chaminade and St. Anthony's appear to have by far the most impressive schedules in all of New [lacrosse]. Discuss...

Will Chaminade play Soyosset? Only way we can settle this. Hope so, although I don't think chaminade will agree, too risky!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade does not back down from any program. If they can schedule they do. Both programs coaches are good friends and that is why they always scrimmage. If Chaminade was so worried about winning they would not schedule a game the day or should I say morning after their so called prom every year.
Let Syosset or any public school play Chaminades schedule year in and year out and see how many wins they get. They don't have the schools where they can pad the stats

Remember these are still kids playing and it is tough to get the kids through a year with no loss. Congrats to those who pulled it off job well done

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so its settled?..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does Chaminade and St A's begin to send out admission notices to perspective students for the coming year? Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it's prospective . and you may want to just call the schools. Is this your only information conduit?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so its settled?..

Not till they play!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are the schedules posted?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does Chaminade and St A's begin to send out admission notices to perspective students for the coming year? Thanks.

They have been sent out in the past years just prior to MLK weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So far, Chaminade has Manhasset, St. Ignatius (CA), Delbarton, Greenwich, Yorktown, Massapequa. St. Anthony's has Greenwich, Delbarton, Syosset, Yorktown, Darien, New Canaan. Should be another fun year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So far, Chaminade has Manhasset, St. Ignatius (CA), Delbarton, Greenwich, Yorktown, Massapequa. St. Anthony's has Greenwich, Delbarton, Syosset, Yorktown, Darien, New Canaan. Should be another fun year.

Where are the schedules posted? Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suffolk schedules are posted on the Suffolk website www.sectionx1.org I would imagine Nassau's are posted on theirs - FYI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those are both insanely tough schedules. Notice the glaring school missing here? No Garden City on either. The Chammy / GC bad blood continues. What a shame they don't play each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will Chaminade play Soyosset? Only way we can settle this. Hope so, although I don't think chaminade will agree, too risky!

Seriously, you Syosset people need to get a grip. Congrats on building a great program, but get over yourselves already. Do u honestly believe Chaminade is afraid of playing you? You are delusional. Go home, put some more Igloo stickers on your Escalade and settle down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously, you Syosset people need to get a grip. Congrats on building a great program, but get over yourselves already. Do u honestly believe Chaminade is afraid of playing you? You are delusional. Go home, put some more Igloo stickers on your Escalade and settle down.

Both Syosset and WM had 5 Intel semi-finalists seems they have more to brag about than their lax program! Go publuc!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset had two Intel winners ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So did Port

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So did Port

Guess Chaminade science is not up to par when compared to public programs. Love that my kids get the best of both athletic and academic opportunities at our awesome public school!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Port sports are no good!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think people send their boys to Chaminade for a little more then how good their lacrosse team or science dept is. I guess the non athletes that go there don't accomplish anything in the future after graduation. I know this is a sports blog but a Chaminade diploma goes a [lacrosse] of a long way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still looking for the Catholic lax schedule - any help would be appreciated

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel lucky to live where we have outstanding choices where to send our kids to school, their are so many factors (cost, religion, academics, social, future networking, travel time and yes athletics)each choice is personal and between the parents and the kids. I have sent my kids to our local public school and it has worked out well for them, what I am trying to say is I am pro choice and I have nothing against people that make other choices.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think people send their boys to Chaminade for a little more then how good their lacrosse team or science dept is. I guess the non athletes that go there don't accomplish anything in the future after graduation. I know this is a sports blog but a Chaminade diploma goes a [lacrosse] of a long way.

Enjoy St Johns

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still looking for the Catholic lax schedule - any help would be appreciated

Looks like the Catholics are really challenging themselves by playing small public schools... Wow. If they want to call themselves the best, why do they duck the MIAA or Inter-AC schools?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like the Catholics are really challenging themselves by playing small public schools... Wow. If they want to call themselves the best, why do they duck the MIAA or Inter-AC schools?

Ha, you just can't win in this thread.

1) Neither school's schedule is finalized.

2) St. Anthony's played (and lost to) two teams from Philadelphia last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both Syosset and WM had 5 Intel semi-finalists seems they have more to brag about than their lax program! Go publuc!

If your son or daughter are one of the finalists congrats .......but it seems very funny that you are taking some kind of credit for the work the finalists put in. None of the finalists are top rated lax players. So the connection lacks any factual basis.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the accolades point to the quality/strength of the academic program and the opportunities provided.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Destinations for recent Chaminade graduating classes
Class of 2015 14 Ivy league and 3 Military academies
Class of 2014 13 Ivy League and 4 Military academies
Class of 2013 15 Ivy League and 3 Military academies

In addition to numerous Northwesterns, Notre Dames, Dukes, Fordhams, Stanfords, and so on and so on
All from class sizes of around 400 you talk the talk putting down Chaminade can your Public walk the walk?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha, you just can't win in this thread.

1) Neither school's schedule is finalized.

2) St. Anthony's played (and lost to) two teams from Philadelphia last year.

Reality Check.....In the past 5 years St. Ants has played top ranked teams from Upstate NY, CT, NJ, PA, MD

Likewise, Chaminade has played top ranked opponents from Upstate NY, CT, NJ, CA

Among the names that should ring a bell: Delbarton, Darien, Yorktown, St. Ignatius, Greenwich, Fairfield Prep, Bergen Catholic, Wilton, Haverford, La Costa Canyon, Don Bosco, Immaculata, Loyola Blakefield, New Cannan, Episcopal, Niskayuna,

Locally, their schedules consistently include West Islip, Massapequa, Ward Melville, Manhasset, etc.

This year the friars have Syossett. I expect that Chaminade will again find a way to add a game with West Islip which has been a great game for both teams over the years.

Is that not enough of a non league list for you haters?

Certainly does not look like the Catholics are ducking anyone!

How has the recent Nassau/ Suffolk HS combined record looked against teams from PA, NJ, CT, MD? I think GC plays St. Pauls(MD) & Duxbury (MA) regularly. How about the big tough Syosset, Northport, and both Smithtown teams? How are their records against powerhouse out of state programs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In addition to numerous Northwesterns, Notre Dames, Dukes, Fordhams, Stanfords, and so on and so on
All from class sizes of around 400 you talk the talk putting down Chaminade can your Public walk the walk?

Mike Drop!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding the assertion that Catholics don’t challenge themselves by playing small publics, you comment is moronic. First, get your facts straight. St Anthony's played both Episcopal and Haverford (both Philly) last year. They lost to Episcopal by one goal and then lost 11-5 to Haverford, the #1 team in the country at the time. Second, this isn't college. Traveling 3-5 hours to play teams in MA or Philly is difficult, given committed, local non-league and mandated league schedules. Don’t tell me the publics do it, because they do not. The almighty Syosset Braves left Long Island once to play a Buffalo school. Wow. Should we also be impressed Syosset plays the likes Baldwin, Freeport, Plainview, East Meadow and MacArthur? Talk about a real murderer’s row of lacrosse teams there. Smithtown East never left Long Island once. Does that mean they are scared or ducking out-of-state schools?

If you have complex about Chaminade or St. Anthony’s, that’s fine. Just don’t post idiotic comments that they don’t play challenging schedules. They do not duck anybody. These guys play the hardest schedules out of anybody in the tri-state area. Not even up for debate my friend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mike Drop!

Additionally, since this IS A LACROSSE FORUM, this year's Chaminade Varsity lacrosse team has 3 Ivy League commits and 3 Military Academy commits...so far....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
team been chosen yet?
I understand that there are cuts coming among upperclassmen.

Like Reply Quote
Page 23 of 111 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard