BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 76 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 75 76
Re: Boys 2022-6th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who are the Angry Elves? Heard they tore up Santa Jam scoring almost 20 goals a game.
Who are the Angry Elves? Heard they tore up Santa Jam scoring almost 20 goals a game.

Looked like they were 2024. Mixed team as were most of the teams yesterday Only saw a few minutes of 1 game when our kids were waiting to get on the field. Looked like a lot of igloo helmets out there.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 mostly Igloo kids I think. Was waiting as well and saw some of them, did not see 20 posted anywhere though. Amazing that these little 10 year olds can move it around that well. Fun sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not one igloo kid on the team. Mostly sachem kids, dukes and outlaws. 3-4 2024 kids, the rest were 2022.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not one igloo kid on the team. Mostly sachem kids, dukes and outlaws. 3-4 2024 kids, the rest were 2022.

If they were 2022 they were playing down in the 4 th grade division seems wrong. 2022 played in the 6th &7th grade division Our kids were 5 & 6 grade played with 6 &!7 grade. .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2024 Santa Little Elves team was all just that. 2024 fourth graders. All igloo except one kid. Think we are mixing up teams here.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2024 Santa Little Elves team was all just that. 2024 fourth graders. All igloo except one kid. Think we are mixing up teams here.

That's what I thought.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they were 2022 they were playing down in the 4 th grade division seems wrong. 2022 played in the 6th &7th grade division Our kids were 5 & 6 grade played with 6 &!7 grade. .

They played 2022 division and put up 21, 16 and 12. They won championship with at least 16 goals.

They did not play down

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone is mixing teams up. 2022 angry elves played in Hauppauge and 2024 little Elves played in Syosset.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone is mixing teams up. 2022 angry elves played in Hauppauge and 2024 little Elves played in Syosset.

Makes sense. The syosset schedule had them listed as angry elves not little. It's a mistakes. They were a lot elves playing and winning. All is good. Happy New Year!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They played B teams. Whatever. Nothing to even mention.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is wrong with you? someone mentions a team and you say whatever because they didn't play your smash or united team. Come on and get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is wrong with you? someone mentions a team and you say whatever because they didn't play your smash or united team. Come on and get a life.

Pretty quick to assume it was a 91 parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo and bandits heading to Tampa next week.

Them and the Diamondbacks I would suspect will do very well.

Palm beach revolution 2022 also very good.

No reason for the 2023 team 91 bandits not to add 2022 smash or united kids if they meet age reqs.

National champ games good idea, but won't have best teams if in Florida, Indiana, or Colorado. Need to be in northeast somewhere.

Madlax Georgia will be there also. Who knows what kids will be on the team - Madlax loves to shuffle the kids around.

Going as expected so far. Diamondbacks, Igloo, T91, and PBR are all 3-0.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And as suspected bandits brought down some friends

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Diamondbacks over Igloo 6-5 in OT at [lacrosse]'s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a great game; hard fought and clean. Terrific effort by both teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is junior playing with his brothers?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is junior playing with his brothers?

yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jr is proper age

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really? How old is JR.?
What grade is he and what grade should he be? Truthfully so this debate can end once and for all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our coach knows JS and family personally. The boy is 100% legal. If he was a 2021 he would of been a very very young one evident by him eligible for this so this isn't a MD type situation. JS to end speculation had birth certificate w him as well as proof. So yes this should end this once and for all as you say. Kids incredibly talented and a nice boy. Enjoy the day and a happy new year!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our coach knows JS and family personally. The boy is 100% legal. If he was a 2021 he would of been a very very young one evident by him eligible for this so this isn't a MD type situation. JS to end speculation had birth certificate w him as well as proof. So yes this should end this once and for all as you say. Kids incredibly talented and a nice boy. Enjoy the day and a happy new year!!

I'm sure the crabs boys that played js at beach lax were nice boys too. (Just held back nice boys like jr.) Tough to complain then but use it when it helps you out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw this posted on the 2024 page. From the USA Lacrosse website. Has it always been a 8/31 cutoff? What was Dicks?

"Pardon as I am sure this has been covered before. Has it always been a Aug 31 cutoff for age based tournaments? Thanks

U12:

All players must be 11 years old or younger on the August 31st preceding competition.
U11:

All players must be 10 years old or younger on the August 31st preceding competition."

Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jr is proper age

For the tournament, yes, just makes it. For 7th gade, yes. A key player for the Bandits, would they be winning the same way without him?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Point isn't the AGE. Point is that he is NOT on the Bandits; he is on Crush, which is a different (8th grade) team. The most important lesson for any of these kids is that you win as a team or lose as a team; full stop. To bring in a kid who plays on an 8th grade club team, no matter how nice he is, is disingenuous. It may or may not matter, but that is beside the point. He is a ringer, and not a member of 91 bandits, and it is what it is With that said, good luck to all the teams and let's enjoy the rest of the tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw this posted on the 2024 page. From the USA Lacrosse website. Has it always been a 8/31 cutoff? What was Dicks?

"Pardon as I am sure this has been covered before. Has it always been a Aug 31 cutoff for age based tournaments? Thanks

U12:

All players must be 11 years old or younger on the August 31st preceding competition.
U11:

All players must be 10 years old or younger on the August 31st preceding competition."

Thanks

Below is age requirements at [lacrosse]'s. Seems like new norm for these big events is extend cut-off to june 1 to accommodate grade teams. At least there is a cap on age.

In the youth divisions (15U, 13U, 11U), the age cutoffs are as follows:
11U: all players must have been born on or after 6/1/2003
13U: all players must have been born between 6/1/2001 and 9/30/2003
15U: all players must have been born between 6/1/1999 and 9/30/2001

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
come on this sounds so silly the original point was is he legal the answer is yes! If you need to know he practices with our boys as well! Bottom line is Boy is legal fact that he plays way up on another team shouldn't be held against a kid. Regardless legal Move on. Tournament and weather are great Have a great new year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DELETED

I am watching you, you sick idiot!

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: Disgusting comment
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure the kid is a great kid. And maybe he is technically of age and practices with the bandits once in a while. That doesn't change the fact that HE IS NOT A MEMBER OF THAT TEAM. but yes this is silly because the brackets are set and the boys are having a great time. May the best "team" win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A full 2022 LI travel team should beat a 2023 team regardless of one player! All this is incredible as a dad If I had an opportunity I would love my boys to play together. Sounds like the kid practices w the team and is legal age Sounds like the development of excuses which is sad it's youth lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

U12:

U11:

Thanks

Below is age requirements at [lacrosse]'s. Seems like new norm for these big events is extend cut-off to june 1 to accommodate grade teams. At least there is a cap on age.

In the youth divisions (15U, 13U, 11U), the age cutoffs are as follows:
11U: all players must have been born on or after 6/1/2003
13U: all players must have been born between 6/1/2001 and 9/30/2003
15U: all players must have been born between 6/1/1999 and 9/30/2001

Wow June 1. as a cut off. The U13 level coul dhave had My 2019 and a good portion of his friends play. They could have made a team and destroyed the competition. It would have been a waste of time. Something has got to be done.

Ridiculous, this is not for the betterment of the sport. this is not sportsmanship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesnt make sense to me. Assuming 11U is 6/1/2003 to 9/30 2005.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I tend to disagree with your ringer statement !
He practices and plays on the Bandits as well. Yes Bandits play up on the 6th grade level , in which he is in 6th grade, his age cut off requirement is legit, he plays on Crush , and is now practicing with 91 Blaze. If anyone knows anything about the Spallina family you will know they play up as much as they can , to be challenged at any level to make their teams better .
The excuses the kids a nice boy is irrelevant , there's no explanation on this topic and should there never have to be one ! , he is playing on 3 teams that will flow off one by one and he will end his HS travel career with his two brothers on the Bandits.
This kid will not miss a heart beat of playing high caliber Lacrosse , not a void what so ever.
So people stop hating because all the bickering will not change what this kid has and will become !
I love it when people make the excuses that they would never run their kid around this much , or I would never have my kid play down like that on a team that plays up .
Moral of the story chances are your kid isn't at that caliber and never will be , move along , and make a new years resolution to worry about your own kid and where he will be 6 years from now !

Point isn't the AGE. Point is that he is NOT on the Bandits; he is on Crush, which is a different (8th grade) team. The most important lesson for any of these kids is that you win as a team or lose as a team; full stop. To bring in a kid who plays on an 8th grade club team, no matter how nice he is, is disingenuous. It may or may not matter, but that is beside the point. He is a ringer, and not a member of 91 bandits, and it is what it is With that said, good luck to all the teams and let's enjoy the rest of the tournament.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
I think this is ridiculous. If the player can play up and do well, what the heck is the big deal? I am quite sure that some of the players couldn't make it over the holiday AND what is wrong with the coaches seeing if the kid can play with the team?

I think this guy is just worried about his own kid.

My son ALWAYS played up and was one of the best goalies out there in any age group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think what people don't know is that he has played up since 2nd grade , so automatically there's the assumption he is older , or maybe its just unfair because he has the experience over other kids makes people envy with jelousy and uneasy with him plaYing actual grade appropriate . Most of these post are from "grown up " adults who cringe when this kid is opposing their sons team.

quote=Larry LarryMiller]I think this is ridiculous. If the player can play up and do well, what the heck is the big deal? I am quite sure that some of the players couldn't make it over the holiday AND what is wrong with the coaches seeing if the kid can play with the team?

My son ALWAYS played up and was one of the best goalies out there in any age group. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think what people don't know is that he has played up since 2nd grade , so automatically there's the assumption he is older , or maybe its just unfair because he has the experience over other kids makes people envy with jelousy and uneasy with him plaYing actual grade appropriate . Most of these post are from "grown up " adults who cringe when this kid is opposing their sons team.

quote=Larry LarryMiller]I think this is ridiculous. If the player can play up and do well, what the heck is the big deal? I am quite sure that some of the players couldn't make it over the holiday AND what is wrong with the coaches seeing if the kid can play with the team?

My son ALWAYS played up and was one of the best goalies out there in any age group.
[/quote]

This whole discussion is dumb. This is a average tournament with a few pretty good teams and mostly beginner teams from non-lacrosse areas. Enjoy your holidays and stop getting all crazy about 11 year old lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
besides the bandits those are the only two other teams with talent at that tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
igloo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This whole discussion is dumb. This is a average tournament with a few pretty good teams and mostly beginner teams from non-lacrosse areas. Enjoy your holidays and stop getting all crazy about 11 year old lacrosse. [/quote]

He's been 12 since june

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits scored 59 goals in bracket play. Will be interesting to see how Igloo's zone offense does.

Page 33 of 76 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 75 76

Link Copied to Clipboard