BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 111 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chammy will no doubt compete for the national #1 spot. Hands down the top team in nation. No public can legitimately touch them. Sorry if the truth hurts

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Chammy will no doubt compete for the national #1 spot. Hands down the top team in nation. No public can legitimately touch them. Sorry if the truth hurts

What club teams are those kids on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any ranking of schools is all
Hypothetical..you don't play everyone so the goal would be to just win your league..The kids that play on these high school teams play on a travel team that the HS team can't even come close to competing against ..so all this talk is just that talk and means absolutely nothing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will be beat by the publics the same they were last year. Your comments are delusional!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is a junior public school going D1, honor student, $20,000 a year athletic money. Seems like the only difference is the $40,000 you lay out for high school?. But you do get to wear your Chaminade gear every were you f###ing go.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh come on now. You have to admit the Chammy red looks much better on me.... than the green with envy you are forced to wear because your son didn't make the grade to get in.

Merry Christmas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is a junior public school going D1, honor student, $20,000 a year athletic money. Seems like the only difference is the $40,000 you lay out for high school?. But you do get to wear your Chaminade gear every were you f###ing go.

Yea ok......translate into reality.....kid got book money, im paying the freight so my kid can ride the pine. But I went to the college book store and bought a sweatshirt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh come on now. You have to admit the Chammy red looks much better on me.... than the green with envy you are forced to wear because your son didn't make the grade to get in.

Merry Christmas.

Come on now, even you don't believe that story you just told. You have convinced yourself it's better because you paid for it. And you don't want to think of your self as a sucker, but you know deep down inside....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahaha
Best post all day
Also Monday mommy and daddy can suck up to coaches in college

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will be beat by the publics the same they were last year. Your comments are delusional!

Will chaminade hide from Syosset this year? I'd love to see the spanking, after which the Chammy crickets will quiet down for a few.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will chaminade hide from Syosset this year? I'd love to see the spanking, after which the Chammy crickets will quiet down for a few.

They won't quiet down one bit..."our kids are so smart, the school is so great and that makes us parents smart, right"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Syosset? Talk about abnoxious. In every sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chammy red will be rolling and beating up on all the baggy pants wearing public players. Oh yea.....and studying 3 hours/day and kicking butt in the classroom. Tell me how good your kid is doing with common core......ha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chammy football program rolling too.
Did they win a game this year?
Rolling dubies like CoachBoyd...he's very good at that!

Syosset? Talk about abnoxious. In every sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what a nice attitude to have about public schools, the parents of same and the deluded self image of some of the Chaminade parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not sure if the public school kids have the guidance and moral compass that our kids get both at home and at school. I hope so, but haven't seen any evidence of it in the behavior of kids in in my town. its so easy to see who is who.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets get back to lax babble here please..getting way too off track..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recent posts here just keep reinforcing my view that this entire thread is a single 7th grader pretending to be both Chaminade and public school parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
like the kid from Seinfeld who recommended the movies to Elaine....Vincent....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not sure if the public school kids have the guidance and moral compass that our kids get both at home and at school. I hope so, but haven't seen any evidence of it in the behavior of kids in in my town. its so easy to see who is who.

If your kid has no "Moral Compass" then look at the parents, not the school. If you think by the time they are heading in to HS you can send them to Chaminade for direction in life, then you just don't get the joke. Because the joke is on you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade can't compete academically or athletically with the best publics. The best lacrosse atheltes are not at chaminade. Nor the greatest academic acomplishhments such as Intel finalist sand Rhodes scholars. Sorry money does not always buy happiness or success.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chammy red will be rolling and beating up on all the baggy pants wearing public players. Oh yea.....and studying 3 hours/day and kicking butt in the classroom. Tell me how good your kid is doing with common core......ha

The number of hours of homework does not reflect the quality of the education. Quantity is very misleading. That basically tells me the kids do more learning outside of the classroom than inside.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset smoked you last year and is a better academic school too. There is not argument.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syosset smoked you last year and is a better academic school too. There is not argument.

Back to the scrimmage! Yes you are correct! WOW a scrimmage gets you going well done!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Back to the scrimmage! Yes you are correct! WOW a scrimmage gets you going well done!

Its Syossets claim to fame. They "won" a scrimmage. Oh yea.....NONE of the Syosset lacrosse guys are the "high academic students" that the Syo parents like to talk about. Those are the science kids not from the USA. Sorry if the truth hurts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh yeah. Scrimmage means nothing . You don't hear st ants bragging about beating them in a scrimmage this past spring . Settle down .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hate to break it to you but Syosset team has numerous scholar athletes whose claim to fame is winning the class A Long Island championship.
Easily handling chaminade was just the beginning of a great seasons for a great group of seniors
And by the way Syosset like garden city and manhasset csh and other districts in Long Island can only select from a limited community
unlike chaminade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hate to break it to you but Syosset team has numerous scholar athletes whose claim to fame is winning the class A Long Island championship.
Easily handling chaminade was just the beginning of a great seasons for a great group of seniors
And by the way Syosset like garden city and manhasset csh and other districts in Long Island can only select from a limited community
unlike chaminade

You are so ignorant.....Chaminade picks from a limited pool also. It is an all boys,Catholic school with high academic standards. It is not for everyone. Stop spewing nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why you are calling that poster ignorant?
He/she simply was pointing out that Chaminade can draw from all over Long island, NYC, even Ct.they have over 9 thousand applicants each year.
another point..what does it being all boys have to do with things? pretty certain that in any coed school only boys are eligible to play for the team..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why you are calling that poster ignorant?
He/she simply was pointing out that Chaminade can draw from all over Long island, NYC, even Ct.they have over 9 thousand applicants each year.
another point..what does it being all boys have to do with things? pretty certain that in any coed school only boys are eligible to play for the team..

The point was not every kid wants to go to an all boys school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade is simply a mediocre boys school in the grand scheme of things. The real prestigious ones never even heard of it. It is too funny how these posters brag about paying for what they can get for free!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son chose Publuc school over an elite private school
That was friends academy and portledge
Chaminade is far from an elite school unless you want a clone
If a religious education is what you want great for you but academically chaminade is far from top privates
My son chose to stay in our public school which recognizing multiple cultures since that is the real world he will live in for the rest of his life.
He will be better adjusted as an ivy commit as a result
Nothing wrong about chaminade if that is what your kid wants but stop fooling yourself if you think that the school is among the elite on Long Island

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade has a dress code and rules ......BUT even those (rules) are not quite what they use to be! Different type of parents now a days!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a religious education is what you want great for you but academically chaminade is far from top privates
My son chose to stay in our public school which recognizing multiple cultures since that is the real world he will live in for the rest of his life.
Nothing wrong about chaminade if that is what your kid wants but stop fooling yourself if you think that the school is among the elite on Long Island

Having gone to one of the elite privates myself, there is nothing elite about them either. Private elite schools are pricey and have wealthy families, thus networking is the key draw. Education is average and many teachers are not as qualified or experts in their field because the pay is sub par to a LI public teacher salary. That said, my teachers were passionate and I remain in touch with many today. Furthermore, while money can buy a lot of great experiences, build new libraries etc. public schools have state of the art facilities in many of the LI districts. They also bring in the most qualified and in demand teacher's as they pay the highest. The academics are no better in a private school. The one difference I saw back then was service to the community. Public schools lacked in this area but many are now adding that to their curriculum, especially schools with special diploma programs. Don't get me wrong- private was great- but it's not elite- just the price tag. Chaminade and many publics are easily on par or better than privates, especially concerning academics. What I think people like Chaminade for is the religious, all boys, rigorous program. Kids are taught in order to succeed you must work hard and there is a lot of homework and tests. It is academically competitive throughout the school and not just the top 20 percent, like a public school. If you are an excellent student with good work values, you can get the same experience in a public school minus the single sex. Public school academics can get muddled with behavior issues during class time, which does happen. Kids aren't all as invested because not everyone cares to be a top student- that's what makes Chaminade a bit different academically. You need to know your kid and should chose a school that fits your kid as a whole.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, recognizing other "Cultures" really worked out for us. My son couldn't wait to LEAVE our school district. I think we'll stick with Chaminade,,,,,,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The above may be the best most accurate post in the history of this board. My experience was identical to the poster's. I grew up in a very good LI school district, though went to an "elite" NE Private. I live in one of the best LI districts and have had a child attend Chaminade and others remain in district. Thank you for a positive, honest, non-dreogatory post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since when is Friends Academy considered an "elite private school"?

Everyone I know whose kid goes there is rich and privileged if that is what you mean by "elite". Never heard of anyone being rejected so that isnt exactly "elite".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, recognizing other "Cultures" really worked out for us. My son couldn't wait to LEAVE our school district. I think we'll stick with Chaminade,,,,,,

Sounds a little racist to me...is that what you are teaching your kid?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is exactly what he is saying.
You can only keep your kid sheltered in your all boys religious world for so long
They it will be welcome to the real world. Good luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is exactly what he is saying.
You can only keep your kid sheltered in your all boys religious world for so long
They it will be welcome to the real world. Good luck

Exactly. Because those Chaminade grads are doing so poorly at those top tier colleges and professionally. They go to more diverse settings and completely melt down. You are so on point.

Like Reply Quote
Page 22 of 111 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard