BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,788
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 57 of 327 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Go to their games and watch. Keep in mind that it has to be against an equal team. Not the 20 to 1 blowout. That’s when there true colors come out. I much rather see an honest loss than a cheap win.

We complain about the refs constantly, but perhaps if the refs, coaches and tournament organizers knew before hand that 2015 Yellow Jackets Blue LM has a tainted reputation of dirty play (and a coach who supposedly endorses it), we could possibly avoid a kid getting injured.

And please restrain from comments like "All YJ teams play dirty" because this is just one specific team and coach that the parent had an opinion on, don't associate it with every yj team.

I'm actually surprised there aren't more people defending this coach and stating with conviction that you or your daughter have never heard any inkling of acceptance/promotion of dirty play with intent to injure.

They will bash this team no matter what anyone says. They will get last laugh because College coaches scoop these kids up in a heart beat. The buzz is all about them!!

the buzz is actually how they have lost twice recently, and how other teams have caught up. also, how their tactics won't survive or be tolerated in college.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No the college coaches could care less that they lost. Only one who cares is you and that means nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go to their games and watch. Keep in mind that it has to be against an equal team. Not the 20 to 1 blowout. That’s when there true colors come out. I much rather see an honest loss than a cheap win.

We complain about the refs constantly, but perhaps if the refs, coaches and tournament organizers knew before hand that 2015 Yellow Jackets Blue LM has a tainted reputation of dirty play (and a coach who supposedly endorses it), we could possibly avoid a kid getting injured.

And please restrain from comments like "All YJ teams play dirty" because this is just one specific team and coach that the parent had an opinion on, don't associate it with every yj team.

I'm actually surprised there aren't more people defending this coach and stating with conviction that you or your daughter have never heard any inkling of acceptance/promotion of dirty play with intent to injure.

No need to defend assanine allegations! You people really need to worry about your own teams. The coach of that team is the best in the business and all your complaining won't change my opinion! He does a great job training those girls the right way!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ is a top club program just like them my friend. You just don't want to admit it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Notice there has not been a response to your post. Because it's true and well known throuout the lax community. And still nothing is done except broken bones and massive bruising to opponents. Quite sad.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No defending necessary. Those who actually know PM, have way too much integrety to answer or entertain your comments. We have better things to do then "beg" for someone to comment on your rediculous posts. PM is a CLASS act, no matter who he Coaches or trains.
As for CRs 2018 blue playing time in National draw AND Ocean City... Yes, there are some players that hardly come off the field. BUT, when the game is less competitive, those players do NOT step on the field after the first few minutes. Giving the other players their time. In OC, the starters sat for two games. And actually lost a game because did not go inn till too late to regain the lead. Same true in National Draw, sat for less competitive games. Any one to dispute that would be lying and just trying to create issues where there shouldnt be.
As others have said...this is NOT PAL and should not be treated as such. These kids dont "pay to play", they are given the OPPORTUNITY to get better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Notice there has not been a response to your post. Because it's true and well known throuout the lax community. And still nothing is done except broken bones and massive bruising to opponents. Quite sad.

Well then have the courage to tell this coach of YJ 2015 Blue LM to stop promoting violent play, if in fact he is doing that and if in fact your daughter is on his team. Two big ifs. And you have yet to state EXACTLY what the coach specifically says that can be construed as "outside the lines".

This is why the more I think about it, the more I find your accusations hard to believe. Would he really "want to win so badly" that he would ignore the fact that coaches (and owners of clubs) can in some cases be held liable for the player's reckless actions on the field (if the coach and club owner specifically has instructed the kids to do so)? You really think a win is worth that risk to him? I think not.

You can criticize the coach for supposedly directing nasty and dangerous behaviour, yet you continue to be on the team and not do anything about it? Doesn't that make you an accomplice?

I am sure many will be paying particular attention to the methods of this coach and this team in the future, and if he in fact has specifically instituted a culture of violence and kids have gotten hurt because of it or get hurt in the future because of it, then he has potentially opened himself up to major problems in the future, in my opinion. In today's litigious society where lawsuits fly left and right, think of a parent of an injured player now finding out that the opposing coach was pushing the specific action that led to his daughter's injury. I would hate to be the coach in that situation.

But you make these accusations, yet you continue to stay on the team and do nothing about it? I guess because your daughter is on arguably the best team in the country (yes, they are that good), it makes it all OK?

If you and your daughter have specifically heard or seen a coach instruct dangerous behaviour (which I still seriously doubt), THEN STATE EXACTLY WHAT WAS SAID OR PLEASE LET'S CHANGE THE TOPIC because you have no credibility. Then how about doing something about it? Perhaps you should tell the coach to stop, tell CR (you think she wants this potential headache? I don't), or even tell the organizers of tournaments so they can tell the refs? I am not sure what you should do, but do SOMETHING to stop the chances of kids getting "broken bones" due to a coach losing his sense of fair play. These kids have no equipment and are at an age where they can be influenced very easily, especially with the parental pressures of "college looks".

Let's keep them safe, at a minimum, and this goes for all clubs, because my guess is if it is happening at one club, it is happening everywhere.

And I don't know what's more pathetic, if what has been alleged is true----a coach pushing young girls to break bones, or parents who allows their daughter to be coached by such an individual.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No need to defend assanine allegations! You people really need to worry about your own teams. The coach of that team is the best in the business and all your complaining won't change my opinion! He does a great job training those girls the right way!

Which coach.? The "retired" one? And which one is guilty of playing dirty?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The funny thing to me about your pathetic posts are that if you actually believed this was happening and yet you allow it to continue when they play your daughter makes you the biggest coward there is.The only thing you do when in your mind someone is trying to physically hurt your daughters is write anonymous posts, nice job standing up for your kids, you are the ones who should be embarrassed of your behavior.The only choice here seems to be if you are really that gutless and pathetic or that desperately jealous as to make up bs in an attempt to bring down a coach and his players.My guess is answer c all of the above.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No need to defend stupidity

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will the Refs, the Tournament Organizers, the College Coaches of the Women’s Collegiate Lacrosse Association, US Lacrosse and the parents of our kids heed any warning of this discussion? I hope so I really want to see good Lax. The girl’s game is supposed to have grace, skill and control. Let’s keep it that way. Enjoy the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He is not the best in the business, he simply gets very talented girls and , for the lack of a better term , plays on the fringe of the rules. You, obviously, see the world through rose colored glasses, and show your ignorance in the girls lacrosse world. There are much better coaches "in the business"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will bash this team no matter what anyone says. They will get last laugh because College coaches scoop these kids up in a heart beat. The buzz is all about them!!
No the buzz is all about "them ". But them Is M&D

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well then have the courage to tell this coach of YJ 2015 Blue LM to stop promoting violent play, if in fact he is doing that and if in fact your daughter is on his team. Two big ifs. And you have yet to state EXACTLY what the coach specifically says that can be construed as "outside the lines".

This is why the more I think about it, the more I find your accusations hard to believe. Would he really "want to win so badly" that he would ignore the fact that coaches (and owners of clubs) can in some cases be held liable for the player's reckless actions on the field (if the coach and club owner specifically has instructed the kids to do so)? You really think a win is worth that risk to him? I think not.

You can criticize the coach for supposedly directing nasty and dangerous behaviour, yet you continue to be on the team and not do anything about it? Doesn't that make you an accomplice?

I am sure many will be paying particular attention to the methods of this coach and this team in the future, and if he in fact has specifically instituted a culture of violence and kids have gotten hurt because of it or get hurt in the future because of it, then he has potentially opened himself up to major problems in the future, in my opinion. In today's litigious society where lawsuits fly left and right, think of a parent of an injured player now finding out that the opposing coach was pushing the specific action that led to his daughter's injury. I would hate to be the coach in that situation.

But you make these accusations, yet you continue to stay on the team and do nothing about it? I guess because your daughter is on arguably the best team in the country (yes, they are that good), it makes it all OK?

If you and your daughter have specifically heard or seen a coach instruct dangerous behaviour (which I still seriously doubt), THEN STATE EXACTLY WHAT WAS SAID OR PLEASE LET'S CHANGE THE TOPIC because you have no credibility. Then how about doing something about it? Perhaps you should tell the coach to stop, tell CR (you think she wants this potential headache? I don't), or even tell the organizers of tournaments so they can tell the refs? I am not sure what you should do, but do SOMETHING to stop the chances of kids getting "broken bones" due to a coach losing his sense of fair play. These kids have no equipment and are at an age where they can be influenced very easily, especially with the parental pressures of "college looks".

Let's keep them safe, at a minimum, and this goes for all clubs, because my guess is if it is happening at one club, it is happening everywhere.

And I don't know what's more pathetic, if what has been alleged is true----a coach pushing young girls to break bones, or parents who allows their daughter to be coached by such an individual.

I don't know the person making these allegations,and I an not a Y.J. parent, but being in a similar situation with my daughter playing on a varsity team I feel the need to give my opinion. What is being posted goes beyond the Yellow Jacket Org. , and overlaps into all lacrosse boys and girls. All you Y.J. parents attack this person because he has the audacity too speak up about something that has been known throughout the lax community for years. You tell him to go to Carol and say something, well maybe he/she did and was rebuffed. you tell him/her to leave the team, Maybe they will, but they have paid for this year and we all know C.R. will not refund there money so they are left with no choice but to finish the year. You state that C.R would not want the legal repercussions of her coaches actions, yet she teaches her H.S. team the same manner of play. If the poster went through all the channels and still feels that there was not a satisfactory response to his plight , I fully understand his using this forum to express his disappointment and frustration, all I can say is I understand, and there are other clubs that would love to have a player like your daughter and have the same philosophy as you (and I don't mean T.G. )

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No the college coaches could care less that they lost. Only one who cares is you and that means nothing.
Your a fool

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean the dirty way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No defending necessary. Those who actually know PM, have way too much integrety to answer or entertain your comments. We have better things to do then "beg" for someone to comment on your rediculous posts. PM is a CLASS act, no matter who he Coaches or trains.
As for CRs 2018 blue playing time in National draw AND Ocean City... Yes, there are some players that hardly come off the field. BUT, when the game is less competitive, those players do NOT step on the field after the first few minutes. Giving the other players their time. In OC, the starters sat for two games. And actually lost a game because did not go inn till too late to regain the lead. Same true in National Draw, sat for less competitive games. Any one to dispute that would be lying and just trying to create issues where there shouldnt be.
As others have said...this is NOT PAL and should not be treated as such. These kids dont "pay to play", they are given the OPPORTUNITY to get better.
No one will challenge P.M. because we hope he will take his daughter off the field and put ours in

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ is a top club program just like them my friend. You just don't want to admit it
No you just can't handle that someone is better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is not the best in the business, he simply gets very talented girls and , for the lack of a better term , plays on the fringe of the rules. You, obviously, see the world through rose colored glasses, and show your ignorance in the girls lacrosse world. There are much better coaches "in the business"

Playing on the "fringe of the rules"--if you mean within the rules and right at the edge of legality, what is wrong with that? Good for that YJ coach because then he is doing nothing wrong. I just find it very telling that no one can give specific examples of what the coach supposedly said or did, which leads me to believe this could be a case of sour grapes.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Playing on the "fringe of the rules"--if you mean within the rules and right at the edge of legality, what is wrong with that? Good for that YJ coach because then he is doing nothing wrong. I just find it very telling that no one can give specific examples of what the coach supposedly said or did, which leads me to believe this could be a case of sour grapes.

Wrong. If you had read the thread, you would see very specific instances mentioned. What comes immediately to mind is the checks to hands and butts to sides. Those examples, which I have seen myself, are not "at the fringe." They are illegal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Wrong. If you had read the thread, you would see very specific instances mentioned. What comes immediately to mind is the checks to hands and butts to sides. Those examples, which I have seen myself, are not "at the fringe." They are illegal.

I agree with you, but I think it is unfair to blame the coaches of 2015 real blue for kids that are playing this way. Unless someone can point to an example where the coaches specifically promoted or applauded dirty play, then how can the coach be blamed? It seems like everyone gets very tight lipped when specific examples are requested.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter plays on this team. She has never heard either coach tell her or her team to play dirty. I go to every game and every practice and have never heard either coach encourage this. Some players play aggressively and that is them. The coaches own daughters do not play dirty. In fact I do not think they have ever gotten a yellow card from rough play.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

My daughter plays on this team. She has never heard either coach tell her or her team to play dirty. I go to every game and every practice and have never heard either coach encourage this. Some players play aggressively and that is them. The coaches own daughters do not play dirty. In fact I do not think they have ever gotten a yellow card from rough play.

Thanks for the response. My kids have been on teams where a few kids play dirty while the rest do not, so what you say is reasonable to a point. I'm trying to remember what the various coaches did about these kids and honestly I'm drawing a blank. Does your coach get annoyed with the kids when they cause fouls/get carded for their overly aggressive play? Or does he look the other way?

I haven't seen YJ Blue LM play often enough to say whether the hand-checking/butt-sticking style of play is done by the few or the many. I will say that across club lines on the sidelines this team has a bad reputation for dirty play, whether earned by one, two or most. That's what I think is troubling all of us here and that's why this team specifically is under attack. Everyone just wants a relatively clean game with relatively fair reffing. We all know lax is a physical game, no one wants some powderpuff BS game, just one without dangerous play. YJ Blue LM is certainly skilled enough to win games without resorting to cheap shots.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with you, but I think it is unfair to blame the coaches of 2015 real blue for kids that are playing this way. Unless someone can point to an example where the coaches specifically promoted or applauded dirty play, then how can the coach be blamed? It seems like everyone gets very tight lipped when specific examples are requested.
This is a cop-out excuse, If the coach wanted to end the cheep shots all they have to do is bench the offending players, if every other team knows who they are than the coaches must also know. If the coaches refuse to bench these girls then by definition they support it. If the girls parents approach the coaches or directors then they should tell the parents why there on the bench and tell them if they stop then they can play. But we all know they will not because they condone it through there inaction.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are pathetic cowards.If you actually believe that people are intentionally trying to hurt your child or are teaching your child to intentionally hurt others and you do nothing about it other then whine anonymously on here you are an embarrassment to not only yourself but your child. Paaaaaathetic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are pathetic cowards.If you actually believe that people are intentionally trying to hurt your child or are teaching your child to intentionally hurt others and you do nothing about it other then whine anonymously on here you are an embarrassment to not only yourself but your child. Paaaaaathetic

Yawn, this is getting old

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you don't believe it to be true the only thing paaaaatheeeetic is you. but it's probably you telling your kid that it's just aggressive play and not cheating so that makes it o.k. your a disgrace

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Really? Since you have all the answers, you tell me. What do I do when my kid is playing and I think someone deliberately gives her a cheap shot? I'm all ears here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really? Since you have all the answers, you tell me. What do I do when my kid is playing and I think someone deliberately gives her a cheap shot? I'm all ears here.

Stop!!! You people are sooooo dramatic!! I have not seen any broken bones or bloody fingers etc.. It is sad that this propaganda can actually get peoples attention. It is rediculous! the team is an excellent team with excellent coaching. One idiot starts a rumor and everyone jumps on the bandwagon and bad mouths one of the best coaches in the game. That is what is sad! If anyone really wants to know what goes on, go on the YJ website, get the names of the kids and call the parents. I am sure they will laugh at these accusations!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simple solution.....outfit your daughters in Nike Pro Combat....and have them wear gloves.....works for my daughter!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is not up to me to protect your daughter but if you are not capable I feel bad for your daughter.I can tell you that if I believed someone was intentionally trying to physically hurt my daughter something would be done.That being said we have played that team several times and yes they are aggressive but are not intentionally trying to hurt anyone,you guys are just a bunch of babies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop!!! You people are sooooo dramatic!! I have not seen any broken bones or bloody fingers etc.. It is sad that this propaganda can actually get peoples attention. It is rediculous! the team is an excellent team with excellent coaching. One idiot starts a rumor and everyone jumps on the bandwagon and bad mouths one of the best coaches in the game. That is what is sad! If anyone really wants to know what goes on, go on the YJ website, get the names of the kids and call the parents. I am sure they will laugh at these accusations!

These are not accusations, these are truths. We played this specific YJ 15 team at a tournament and my daughter came off the field with three bloody fingers and one nail that almost came off. The play in question was a check to the hand which was carded.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These are not accusations, these are truths. We played this specific YJ 15 team at a tournament and my daughter came off the field with three bloody fingers and one nail that almost came off. The play in question was a check to the hand which was carded.
Here comes the denial

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tell your daughter to wear gloves and stop being a cry baby

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We also had a player come off the field who had her wrist broken by 2 girls cross checking her after the play . No
Rumors fact!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is the most immature statement I've heard. How about play the game fairly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tell your daughter to wear gloves and stop being a cry baby

I hope you are not a YJ parent because if you are you truly are an embarrassment to our organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pathetic .....just let your daughters play. If your daughter is meant to play beyond hs.....she will. Long Island parents are the worst compared to the rest of the country. Not all of our daughters are D1.... or any D. I feel so sorry for those of you who spent so much money....only for your daughter to walk on at Oswego......sucks don't it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pathetic .....just let your daughters play. If your daughter is meant to play beyond hs.....she will. Long Island parents are the worst compared to the rest of the country. Not all of our daughters are D1.... or any D. I feel so sorry for those of you who spent so much money....only for your daughter to walk on at Oswego......sucks don't it!

Finally something all the club parents TG,YJ, Liberty,91,Express etc.can agree upon ,this person is a moron.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious but any chance that this topic would he treated very differently if it were boys we were talking about , not girls.Seems the supposed tactics would not be as big a deal if it were boys sports. Why is it that in boys sports it would be accepted but in girls people are ready for legal action.

Like Reply Quote
Page 57 of 327 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard