BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,842
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 54 of 327 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give us a break with the closed the gap stuff , until you put your teams in the A division at all your tournaments you should be embarrassed . MD ruled this tourney like Yj did last year , has TG even ever won any division at national draw .Stop comparing yourselves to the big dogs until your coaches actually believe in you enough to place you in the A divisions.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Not sure what you mean? In the the 2015 YJ's loss to M&D, did a YJ player get a red card for purposely going after a kid's hand? And are you implying the coach was behind it?

Yes. They lost to M&D and yes she purposely went after the hand. The ref was shocked and yelled at her and told her to get off the field. And yes the Coach was behind it. Very dirty and very low

Same thing happened in the TG/YJ game. It is dirty and low. It always ticks me off when a team plays dirty when they've got enough skills to play the game without stooping to that level. [/quote]

YJ COACHES DONT ENCOURAGE PLAYERS TO INJURY ANYONE> BE REAL. I SEE YOUR KID IS A TG PLAYER BUT TO STOOP THAT LOW AND ACCUSE COACHES OF THAT IS DISGUSTING.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did the real YJ blue 2015 lose again? to what team?
Yes they did to M&D good for them and it was 5 to 4 win for the Yellow Jackets in the quarter finals with the LI Top Guns. I guess playing dirty only gets you so far. Checking for the girls hand is a savage move and that YJ player deserves a red card for it along with the Coach. Based on how the Refs ruled the games I think the Lacrosse community is getting tired of their dirty playing.

Not sure what you mean? In the the 2015 YJ's loss to M&D, did a YJ player get a red card for purposely going after a kid's hand? And are you implying the coach was behind it?

Yes. They lost to M&D and yes she purposely went after the hand. The ref was shocked and yelled at her and told her to get off the field. And yes the Coach was behind it. Very dirty and very low

The coaches encourage it. I have see nit first hand. If a girl get a YC they laugh on the sidelines,

I find this incredibly hard to believe. I think these coaches are smart enough to realize that if a kid injures an opponent based upon encouragement from a coach, there will be [lacrosse] to pay.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same thing happened in the TG/YJ game. It is dirty and low. It always ticks me off when a team plays dirty when they've got enough skills to play the game without stooping to that level.

YJ COACHES DONT ENCOURAGE PLAYERS TO INJURY ANYONE> BE REAL. I SEE YOUR KID IS A TG PLAYER BUT TO STOOP THAT LOW AND ACCUSE COACHES OF THAT IS DISGUSTING. [/quote]Regarding the dirty play of the yellow jackets, of course the coaches encourage it. Remember at the Lax Inception tourney they took 7 yellows in one game, 5 in the first half, thats a yellow every 5 minuets of play for an entire half. If thats not coaches encouraging bad play, ther at least condoning it. I saw the same girl hack two different players, once on the head, went out for 2 minuets, and within a minuet of reentering the game hack another on the hand before she got ejected. She was congratulated by her team and coaches when she went to the bench. And as far as players sitting out while others play, this will always happen when parents coach, if you continue to play for them than its your own fault, stop crying. Have some balls and go to another club and show them how good you really are , or shut up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same thing happened in the TG/YJ game. It is dirty and low. It always ticks me off when a team plays dirty when they've got enough skills to play the game without stooping to that level.

YJ COACHES DONT ENCOURAGE PLAYERS TO INJURY ANYONE> BE REAL. I SEE YOUR KID IS A TG PLAYER BUT TO STOOP THAT LOW AND ACCUSE COACHES OF THAT IS DISGUSTING. [/quote]

WHAT IS DISGUSTING IS THAT YOU ASSUME THAT I HAVE A CHILD ON THE TG. WHAT WAS DISGUSTING IS THAT IT HAPPENED. AND WHAT IS UNBELIVABLE DISGUSTING IS THAT YOUR EYES ARE CLOSED TO IT.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

YJ COACHES DONT ENCOURAGE PLAYERS TO INJURY ANYONE> BE REAL. I SEE YOUR KID IS A TG PLAYER BUT TO STOOP THAT LOW AND ACCUSE COACHES OF THAT IS DISGUSTING.

I did not accuse anyone, just stated what I saw. Stop screaming with your caps, too, please.

Like someone posted earlier, it's clear that, at minimum, some YJ coaches condone this style of play. So there's my direct statement about YJ coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many yellow Cards did this team have this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NO UNFORTUNATELY ITS CONJURED UP ON THIS SITE AND NOTHING ELSE BUT SORE LOOSERS!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter's team played a YJ team this past weekend. When my daughter came off the field she told me how many of the YJ team members were cursing at them throughout the whole game. That kind of behavior would immediately have been dealt with if someone on my daughter's team had acted that way. It simply isn't tolerated. Her team is taught that they are always representing the club and the sport. (YJ lost that game btw)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I did not accuse anyone, just stated what I saw. Stop screaming with your caps, too, please.

Like someone posted earlier, it's clear that, at minimum, some YJ coaches condone this style of play. So there's my direct statement about YJ coaches.

When an athelete makes a foul that does not mean the Coaches condone the action. That is only an assumption on your part. With no fact or merit to the statement.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did the real YJ blue 2015 lose again? to what team?
Yes they did to M&D good for them and it was 5 to 4 win for the Yellow Jackets in the quarter finals with the LI Top Guns. I guess playing dirty only gets you so far. Checking for the girls hand is a savage move and that YJ player deserves a red card for it along with the Coach. Based on how the Refs ruled the games I think the Lacrosse community is getting tired of their dirty playing.

The coaches encourage it. I have see nit first hand. If a girl get a YC they laugh on the sidelines,

I find this incredibly hard to believe. I think these coaches are smart enough to realize that if a kid injures an opponent based upon encouragement from a coach, there will be [lacrosse] to pay.
[lacrosse] to pay? by who? Carol Rose will not do a thing. U.S. Lacrosse is a paper tiger, they can't get even officiating from state to state about simple things like obstruction, not to mention fare play from the officials for out of state teams. you can forget trying to keep players and clubs in line. The only way to sop the Y.J. from overly aggressive play is to play the same way and watch them cry. Take a yellow or two and out thug the thugs

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The only way to sop the Y.J. from overly aggressive play is to play the same way and watch them cry. Take a yellow or two and out thug the thugs
This is an irresponsible comment. BOTC does not support this method of remediation in any form.

Referee education is the answer; if the play is illegal, tighter control will correct the situation.

There is also the point that a more physical game that is used at the high school age level is not the same type of game that needs to be taught at the middle and elementary school level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
The only way to sop the Y.J. from overly aggressive play is to play the same way and watch them cry. Take a yellow or two and out thug the thugs
This is an irresponsible comment. BOTC does not support this method of remediation in any form.

Referee education is the answer; if the play is illegal, tighter control will correct the situation.

There is also the point that a more physical game that is used at the high school age level is not the same type of game that needs to be taught at the middle and elementary school level.
Are you saying let them hack at our daughters and tell our daughters to just take it and hope some day U.S. lax does something? Go biblical , eye for an eye. I always taught my daughter that it was unladylike to swing at anyone, but I also taught her to defend herself if no one els will. Thats how i see the situation as it is, the refs, U.S. lax Carol Rose and her bevy of underlings, no one is willing to control the over aggressive play of the Jackets, so I say when your opponent plays clean so do you , but if there dirty and no one controls them do what you would do to any bully, bloody ther nose and watch them cry to mommy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
or just do what 2016 Defoe did and just take a "Miscellanous" team of YJ players to a Maryland tournament so as to win a tournament and not worry about subbing.

Leave the weak players at home instead of on the sideline. That case was parents and players alienating other players making their own tournament team. Sneaky, behind the back stuff going on there. Not sure if its any worse or any different than the coaches and

club directors alienating players during the game, out in the open. Both scenerios stink.

They both stink but at least at the game you know where you stand. They went as a team under a different name and tried to keep it from the rest. Not all the players who went or were lucky enough to be asked I guess knew that and were pretty uncomfortable. Defo said he was sorry and didn't know...a parent put this together

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

Can tournament organizers educate the officials and have them keep an eye on teams that historically have piled up yellow cards? No different than the comissioner of sports leagues telling referees to watch certain players who sometimes cross the line.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at this game and yes more than once they purposely went after the players hands, yes the offsides thing occured and very poor reffing went on. Just play the game fair is all, dont win by playing desperate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gosh, if they truly went behind some players/parents backs that really is sneaky and divisive. Total lack of loyalty. Speaks volumes though...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gosh, if they truly went behind some players/parents backs that really is sneaky and divisive. Total lack of loyalty. Speaks volumes though...

Is your daughter not getting enough lacrosse that you need to "hand pick" your own team for another tournament?

When I heard about this from one of the parents on one of the older teams I was a little surprised. I knew Defo would not be too happy about this. However, when I heard who was behind it, I was not surprised at all. You wonder why so many people in your own club and at your own school avoid you and your kids like the plague?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at this game and yes more than once they purposely went after the players hands, yes the offsides thing occured and very poor reffing went on. Just play the game fair is all, dont win by playing desperate.

This is crazy if it is true! What's next? After they break some fingers, will they go after the skull?

A bit of advice to the coaches of this team, please explain to your players that this behavior will not be tolerated. You should be very careful on how you coach the team now that this rumor (or fact) is out in the open. And I honestly do hope it is not true.

I guarantee you that now that this has been exposed, if this behavior is in fact seen at any future games by the yellow jackets, I can see how some parents may take it upon themselves to have a little discussion with the yellow jacket coaches after the game.

I am not saying that is the right way to handle things (in fact, it is actually the wrong way to handle it), but parents can do some strange things when they feel an adult is directly or indirectly allowing a player to hurt their child.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all play on the same team and your kids enjoy each other ,drop it already ,either shut your mouths and accept that people make mistakes or move on and join another club.Everyone knows there are too many kids on each team if some parent wants to put together a team to play at a tournament so be it. If my kid was not asked and really wanted to play have the courage to ask or put your own team in,stop whining

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a place for teams or kids to play lacrosse where it is okay for the coaches to play to win.The politically correct, everyone gets their turn ,no one is a better player then anyone else,give me a break. No one forces you or your child to play for any travel organization and there are plenty of them out there.If you have such issues with your coaches ,move on. If some parent on your team wants to put a team into a tournament when your team is not playing it seems to me it is none of your business.Maybe they didn't invite your kid because of you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all play on the same team and your kids enjoy each other ,drop it already ,either shut your mouths and accept that people make mistakes or move on and join another club.Everyone knows there are too many kids on each team if some parent wants to put together a team to play at a tournament so be it. If my kid was not asked and really wanted to play have the courage to ask or put your own team in,stop whining

Sorry, it's not that simple. First, let me say, I do not even know if this happened or not. However, if the coach of one of the Yellow Jackets teams, during an off weekend, hand selected a team of players---from within his own Yellow Jackets team---to participate in a tournament, without extending an invitation to the entire team, that is a fireable offense.

That is a completely divisive thing to do, violates the very notion of being the head coach of a team by demonstrating outright favoritism and goes well beyond merely the appearance of a conflict of interest...he has an obligation to devote his coaching resources to the ENTIRE team, not just his top players.

Again, I do not even know if this happened, and frankly, I find it hard to believe that it did. But if it did, any organization with an ounce of organizational integrity would immediately recognize that a coach that did such a thing violated his duty and broke his trust with the rest of the team members and their parents. I cannot even imagine a planet that exists wherein the coach of my daughter's team would pull such a brazen and ill-advised stunt.

I'll say it one more time---this may not have even happened. But if it did, an apology is irrelevant. He divided his team, demonstrated favoritism, and used incredibly poor judgment. This is not an issue of playing time, the issue here is one of coaching resources...he allegedly offered some of the paying members of the team the additional opportunity for practice, play, and instruction, but not the rest of the team.

If it's true, it is indefensible and time for a new coach.

Or a new team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which YJ team ate you reffering to? My daughter is on the 14 blue and there are no dirty players- we have some very physical players and when they start fouling and causing us to give up free shots our coach speaks with them. My daughter has been hacked many times, hit in the head etc- refs should be yellow carding anything near the head.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2015 Blue LM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, it's not that simple. First, let me say, I do not even know if this happened or not. However, if the coach of one of the Yellow Jackets teams, during an off weekend, hand selected a team of players---from within his own Yellow Jackets team---to participate in a tournament, without extending an invitation to the entire team, that is a fireable offense.

That is a completely divisive thing to do, violates the very notion of being the head coach of a team by demonstrating outright favoritism and goes well beyond merely the appearance of a conflict of interest...he has an obligation to devote his coaching resources to the ENTIRE team, not just his top players.

Again, I do not even know if this happened, and frankly, I find it hard to believe that it did. But if it did, any organization with an ounce of organizational integrity would immediately recognize that a coach that did such a thing violated his duty and broke his trust with the rest of the team members and their parents. I cannot even imagine a planet that exists wherein the coach of my daughter's team would pull such a brazen and ill-advised stunt.

I'll say it one more time---this may not have even happened. But if it did, an apology is irrelevant. He divided his team, demonstrated favoritism, and used incredibly poor judgment. This is not an issue of playing time, the issue here is one of coaching resources...he allegedly offered some of the paying members of the team the additional opportunity for practice, play, and instruction, but not the rest of the team.

Or a new team.

First of all it is a fact!2016 Blue "DEFOE" has been doing it for years. I agree with you if a team is searching out addiitional tournaments there is absolutley nothing wrong with that! Now; I also believe the offer should be extended to the entire team. The problem here is NOTcoach Defoe this all spearheaded by one parent and NOT coach Defoe. She is very selfish woman and wants her child only playing with "high caliber" type players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or a new team.

It is true. The tournament is called "Rock the Fields". Look up the schedule and you will see a single 2016 team called "Misc" and then you can see names of the rostered players on that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or a new team.

It is true. The tournament is called "Rock the Fields". Look up the schedule and you will see a single 2016 team called "Misc" and then you can see names of the rostered players on that team.

This same parent did the exact same thing in the fall as well. Even though the team was entered under a different name they all wore their YJ uniforms and gear.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or a new team.

It was a parent not the coach!! Relax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or a new team.

First of all it is a fact!2016 Blue "DEFOE" has been doing it for years. I agree with you if a team is searching out addiitional tournaments there is absolutley nothing wrong with that! Now; I also believe the offer should be extended to the entire team. The problem here is NOTcoach Defoe this all spearheaded by one parent and NOT coach Defoe. She is very selfish woman and wants her child only playing with "high caliber" type players.
It seems to me the only people that are surprised that there is favoritism and a hierarchy within the Y.J. are Y.J. parents and players. Wake up . your kids are being used for dollars to support the chosen few. You all think that C.R. or the Y.J. are going to help your daughter , there not unless your one of the chosen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A big difference between a parent doing it and or the coach. Since when is it anyone's business what any of these people do in their spare time, they can invite whoever they want to play in a tournament with them.Stop being so dramatic happens all the time on many teams.A yj parents puts their child's school team into a tournament and needs some extra players so they invite a couple of YJ teammates.Amazing that sports have now become so politically correct, baseball teams have all-star games at all ages not every kid is asked to try-out.Grow up, so your kid wasn't asked, move on.Now you know what the kids who work just as hard as your kid feels like when they are put on the red team or gold or. blue 2 for that matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes its there under misc. team.
Wow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow

Coaches kid on roster also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone from LI to Maryland to NJ to CT knows the YJ are trained to play outside the rules. The coaches to the director do it in plain sight, in your face if you will. They are heard on the field and at the scorers table. Former players and parents talk about it. Now can we just move forward. If the officials will not do something about it it WLL NOT change. Please don't attempt to defend or deny. It's true. They use their butt end on defense with intent to intimidate and injure. They check hands with intent to intimidate and injure. Their former players report they are taught this so take it up with your own. BTW it is obvious. Insiders report the cheating....this means setting up schedules to give an unfair advantage at tournaments...that's cheating. Again this is reported by YJ members. Let's just move on....if this is for you then stay with this club. If not change. Enough said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone from LI to Maryland to NJ to CT knows the YJ are trained to play outside the rules. The coaches to the director do it in plain sight, in your face if you will. They are heard on the field and at the scorers table. Former players and parents talk about it. Now can we just move forward. If the officials will not do something about it it WLL NOT change. Please don't attempt to defend or deny. It's true. They use their butt end on defense with intent to intimidate and injure. They check hands with intent to intimidate and injure. Their former players report they are taught this so take it up with your own. BTW it is obvious. Insiders report the cheating....this means setting up schedules to give an unfair advantage at tournaments...that's cheating. Again this is reported by YJ members. Let's just move on....if this is for you then stay with this club. If not change. Enough said.

Everyone knows your youth coach was too drunk to walk in front of his team,everyone knows your coaches put you in the B division move on if your happy playing in the B division with one of your coaches being too drunk to stay on his feet good for you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone knows your youth coach was too drunk to walk in front of his team,everyone knows your coaches put you in the B division move on if your happy playing in the B division with one of your coaches being too drunk to stay on his feet good for you

WOW. That all you got for a rebuttal? Very sad indeed, I don’t know what you’re talking about but it sound like you’re reaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow that's slander if ever I heard it, you should be careful posters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter got a butt end to her nose, was it done on purpose? I don't know, daughter said it may have happened in the heat of the play. Now I wonder.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A big difference between a parent doing it and or the coach. Since when is it anyone's business what any of these people do in their spare time, they can invite whoever they want to play in a tournament with them.Stop being so dramatic happens all the time on many teams.A yj parents puts their child's school team into a tournament and needs some extra players so they invite a couple of YJ teammates.Amazing that sports have now become so politically correct, baseball teams have all-star games at all ages not every kid is asked to try-out.Grow up, so your kid wasn't asked, move on.Now you know what the kids who work just as hard as your kid feels like when they are put on the red team or gold or. blue 2 for that matter.

You are right that it happens all the time, been through it many times. It causes many hurt feeling between friends, teammates, parents and will completely destroys teams. I'm sure you all had a great weekend at the tournament but all the long lasting effects of it are just beginning. In my opinion its never worth it in the end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow

Well, I can tell you this...he has some serious explaining to do. I cannot believe that any self-respecting organization would tolerate that kind of divisive, counter-productive, and just plain dumb decision making.

Truly disgraceful. So much for "team" and "loyalty."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow

Well, I can tell you this...he has some serious explaining to do. I cannot believe that any self-respecting organization would tolerate that kind of divisive, counter-productive, and just plain dumb decision making.

Truly disgraceful. So much for "team" and "loyalty."

just curious what organization are you involved in

Like Reply Quote
Page 54 of 327 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard