BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,863
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 235 of 327 1 2 233 234 235 236 237 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's be more specific here… It was a YJ tryout for a team(s) which will play in the US Lacrosse U15 National Championship Tournament. It is meant for current 9th graders/rising Sophomores. Based upon last couple of years' entrants, really not a "national" championship when you don't have the top teams from MD in attendance, i.e. M&D and Skywalkers. Anyone know if those teams, or those equal caliber will be competing?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let's be more specific here… It was a YJ tryout for a team(s) which will play in the US Lacrosse U15 National Championship Tournament. It is meant for current 9th graders/rising Sophomores. Based upon last couple of years' entrants, really not a "national" championship when you don't have the top teams from MD in attendance, i.e. M&D and Skywalkers. Anyone know if those teams, or those equal caliber will be competing?

Why would they? It is a meaningless tournament with no college coaches there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was the U15 tryout.
oh ok that explains it. thanx.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A meaningless tournament with no college coaches that is 1000 miles away from home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you weren't there last year, about 10 of the best colleges there. Lots of girls were recruited based on their play at that meaningless tournament.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A meaningless tournament with no college coaches that is 1000 miles away from home.

Isn't the U15 tournament in Virginia this year? I'm sure it's 1000 miles for some but not for everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah. Right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess you weren't there last year, about 10 of the best colleges there. Lots of girls were recruited based on their play at that meaningless tournament.

If you say so. Obviously there is a reason that M&D, Skywalkers, TLC, Heros, MD United, etc don't go. If you think it's worth it to drive 1000 miles to play Top Guns in front of 10 college coaches then I guess that's your prerogative.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't the U15 tournament in Virginia this year? I'm sure it's 1000 miles for some but not for everyone.

And yet still none of the MD teams are bothering to go. That should tell you something. Have fun playing Top Guns. You could do that without leaving home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its a feather in the cap for anyone who wins. But every tournament in every sport is now a college showcase or national championship event. Like Travel Lacrosse, these events are all about the marketing, the cash and the tee shirts!

Play whoever lines up across from you. NONE of these events in any sport ever has all the best teams

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its a feather in the cap for anyone who wins. But every tournament in every sport is now a college showcase or national championship event. Like Travel Lacrosse, these events are all about the marketing, the cash and the tee shirts!

Play whoever lines up across from you. NONE of these events in any sport ever has all the best teams

I agree with you up to a point,but the U15 Nationals is one of only a handful of events sponsored directly by US Lacrosse.. the governing body of both boys and girls lax, including..The School Girls Tournamnet, the U19 womens National team, The US Womens National team.
winning this is and should continue to be a worthy goal

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax Inception this weekend has A LOT of the top teams competing against each… it will be interesting. National Draw also has a lot of the top teams competing against each other…. and A LOT OF COACHES ATTENDING …

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with you up to a point,but the U15 Nationals is one of only a handful of events sponsored directly by US Lacrosse.. the governing body of both boys and girls lax, including..The School Girls Tournamnet, the U19 womens National team, The US Womens National team.

If 3 or 4 of the historically top 7 or 8 clubs don't attend it really diminishes the win regardless of WHO sponsors it. One could argue we al play tougher competition week in and week out than we do at Nationals. Great bragging rights for the winner, lead story on the club websites but the most talented teams aren't always there. YJ's and Top Guns could play the same game at Farmingdale State instead of traveling to Florida, Denver or VA

But a win is a win!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If 3 or 4 of the historically top 7 or 8 clubs don't attend it really diminishes the win regardless of WHO sponsors it. One could argue we al play tougher competition week in and week out than we do at Nationals. Great bragging rights for the winner, lead story on the club websites but the most talented teams aren't always there. YJ's and Top Guns could play the same game at Farmingdale State instead of traveling to Florida, Denver or VA

But a win is a win!!

It's too bad that we can't put egos & differences aside and do a LI tournament! There are enough teams to play a day - day 1/2 of decent lax w/out sitting on the Staten Island express way or the NJ turnpike!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But a win is a win!!

I think US lacrosse realized it was a mistake to have it in Denver last year.. Too soon for girls lax to head that far west for this tourn. and obviously the Md teams did not follow.
when it was in Fla. the Skywalkers attended. the year the TG won there was a mixed team from several Md teams ( who called themselves NEM&D)
this year its in Va. I really dont see why those clubs are not interested? does every tourn have to be about recruiting? and counting the coaches on the sidelines?
I know we had a great time the year we went.. I'm happy our club still participates.. win or lose

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have enough tournament options. We do not need participate in more tournaments than we do...especially on that deviates from the norm of graduating year to the age based tournament. That requires another tryout to make the age based team all for the honor of playing in what is a decent, but not highly competitive tournament.

Pass.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quartos team in real trouble

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any questions about the U15 team??? A few 2020's made it over some very good 2018's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any questions about the U15 team??? A few 2020's made it over some very good 2018's.

All one's that are sucking on the power teet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They're the best team in the universe, of course they're better than most 2018's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Omg 2020 u r the laughing stock of yj u r all a bunch of idiots

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your kids must be so proud that their parent is so disgusting as to be picking on 12-13 year old kids. You should definately go up to the kids parents and express your opinion .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jones 2020 looking to repeat as Lax by the Sea Champ. They look strong this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your kids must be so proud that their parent is so disgusting as to be picking on 12-13 year old kids. You should definately go up to the kids parents and express your opinion .

Agreed. The initial post is seeking trouble. Maybe the 2020s are truly just talented enough to be recognized. After seeing a 2020 more than keep pace with girls a few years older (on both sides of the ball) on a regular basis I tend to realize that maybe these girls have just earned their spot. My daughter is not a standout, so I am not promoting a personal experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please STOP they are in 7th grade, nobody cares! let them play and their parents should shut up and enjoy the ride

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax Inception this weekend has A LOT of the top teams competing against each… it will be interesting. National Draw also has a lot of the top teams competing against each other…. and A LOT OF COACHES ATTENDING …
in past years no big showing of coaches at National Draw you will notice the college coach area at most fields will be empty

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
in past years no big showing of coaches at National Draw you will notice the college coach area at most fields will be empty

But for 8th graders no reason to be worried about college coaches. Shouldn't have to worry about it until junior year. This recruiting stuff is sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But a win is a win!!

It's too bad that we can't put egos & differences aside and do a LI tournament! There are enough teams to play a day - day 1/2 of decent lax w/out sitting on the Staten Island express way or the NJ turnpike!

There are NOT enough decent teams. That is the issue. Outside of YJ, TG and Elevate in most age groups, who else will play that has decent teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's enough teams to pool from right there...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But a win is a win!!

There are NOT enough decent teams. That is the issue. Outside of YJ, TG and Elevate in most age groups, who else will play that has decent teams?

I agree, the entire "system" in MD works better and they have more competitive teams than any region. No middle school ball, they all play in a league with their club teams which helps them be in top form for the summer season. Combined with liberal age to grade placement from parents makes them the best overall region for girls lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of Maryland teams...M&D 2016 Black lost to Integrity 2016 by a score of 8 to 6. I saw some of that game and Integrity definitely played better. Deserved to win. M&D did not look good. Too many mistakes against a good Integrity team, and it cost them a win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BTW...I saw this game at Lax Inception yesterday. M&D did not look the same. A parent also told me that Integrity had two 2019's playing for them. And, I saw this morning that YJ-Defo lost a game 1-0. What happened?
Speaking of Maryland teams...M&D 2016 Black lost to Integrity 2016 by a score of 8 to 6. I saw some of that game and Integrity definitely played better. Deserved to win. M&D did not look good. Too many mistakes against a good Integrity team, and it cost them a win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D did not look the same because they are not the same. Missing several key players (one of whom is on the U19 National Team) and have several injuries as well.

So, I think this is what happens. You have a team full of players that have made committments to college, they are missing multiple key players, and frankly, their motivation to succeed in this particular format is mixed at best.

They are playing out the string so to speak. Real club ball for the top teams ends in 8th or 9th grade. After that, it does kind of degenerate as the players and their parents have their eyes on different prizes.

This is why if you look at the scores of these tournaments you will see lots of head scratches. However, upon closer inspection, it really isn't that hard to figure out. Teams that have been getting beat for years by the top teams are highly motivated to get some payback.

And all that makes for some interesting results.

Yellow Jackets and M&D were the dominant teams in this age group from the beginning through last year. They both had great runs. Unfortunately, neither of those teams really exist anymore.

On the other hand, you will be able to watch virtually all of those girls playing at the next level in about 15 months from now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1-0 sounds like a forfeit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHAT HAPPENED TO YJ2019 Carro this weekend? Didn't even get out of their bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHAT HAPPENED TO YJ2019 Carro this weekend? Didn't even get out of their bracket.

2-2, lost to a good TLC team they had beaten the past two weekends and a SW team that is good. Team is the weakest YJ top team .Seems the TG 2019 team got beat up pretty bad against any descent team they played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2-2, lost to a good TLC team they had beaten the past two weekends and a SW team that is good. Team is the weakest YJ top team .Seems the TG 2019 team got beat up pretty bad against any descent team they played.

Funny how you can't answer this question, without bringing up TG. Parents on both sides are crazy with this stupid rivalry...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 YJ 2019 teams won their brackets Mitchell and Cook.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That team is a mess, basically the team is put on the field to try and showcase the coaches kids and the coaches home town players, surround them with the better players and hope to win , problem is they will not win because the hometown players and coaches kids are limited .Take your best player on both sides of the ball and play her at defense for an entire game because you do not want her to show up the kids you are trying to showcase.

Like Reply Quote
Page 235 of 327 1 2 233 234 235 236 237 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard