BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 48 of 327 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
does anyone know if the entire 2015 team blue going to the florida championship this summer or are some gold players going, or even some 2016s? They will be the team to beat, no question about it.

It will only be 2015 blue this year. Reservations are already made.

the REAL blue that is

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tryouts are held for that team some 15's are too old and some 14's are young enough to play on the team..not sure they will have 16's tryout unless they don't have enough i would guess???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tryouts are held for that team some 15's are too old and some 14's are young enough to play on the team..not sure they will have 16's tryout unless they don't have enough i would guess???

Blue 1, Blue 2, gold,2015, 2016, none of it matters, kids try out and the best ones are chosen for the team(in a perfectg world). Why would they not let 2016 try out? That would be saying that the very top players on the 2016 level are not as good as some of the bottom roster players of 2015. Well that is certainly not the case. At this point all the girls are known quantities, tryouts are a formality. Let the politics begin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i am sure you are right

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blue 1, Blue 2, gold,2015, 2016, none of it matters, kids try out and the best ones are chosen for the team(in a perfectg world). Why would they not let 2016 try out? That would be saying that the very top players on the 2016 level are not as good as some of the bottom roster players of 2015. Well that is certainly not the case. At this point all the girls are known quantities, tryouts are a formality. Let the politics begin.

I wouldn't be so sure about thaT. Only 6 2015's made it last year and the 2015's are a much stronger team than the 2016's. You also have to take into account that because of the rule change (moving the eligibility date to August 31) there will be some 2014's eligible! I think it will be hard for a 2016 girl the make the team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2015 team is a stronger team then the 2016 team but on an individual basis do not fool yourself there are some 2016 players who would and should make that team if it is done in a non political way .Some of the top 2016 kids would be at least middle of the pack players on 2015 if not better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If some 15 s are too old then wouldn't some 16 be too old next year making it their only year to try out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2015 team is a stronger team then the 2016 team but on an individual basis do not fool yourself there are some 2016 players who would and should make that team if it is done in a non political way .Some of the top 2016 kids would be at least middle of the pack players on 2015 if not better.

Someone said the team is already set, is that true?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If some 15 s are too old then wouldn't some 16 be too old next year making it their only year to try out

15's are not too old!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kids that made it last year were not middle of the pack! I am sure some of the 2016 kids are good enough individually to make the team. If it were me, I would let 2015 blue just go down as a team. I don't think bringing other players in will help the chemistry. I have seen them play they all know their role and play within the system they have been coached in for years. It is not about individual talent all the time!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Um when are the uniforms supposed to come in? I heard May, but does anyone know for sure? (I'm a new parent so I didn't order a new uniform with the team store and I assmume it was ordered earlier)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New parent why would you post that here? Why not ask your coach? Uniforms come in plenty of time for the first tournament.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
New parent why would you post that here? Why not ask your coach? Uniforms come in plenty of time for the first tournament.
New parent asked the question here for the same reason you answered it here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If is not about getting the best players thru tryouts then why ever have tryouts just send the top team and be done.Seems some think every kid on 2015 is beyond reproach which is just simply not the case.As far as chemistry I have heard many things with issues on that team between coaches and players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
exactly - jeez could you be any ruder to a new member
I really hope the stuff I see on this site is not indicative to the personalities of the majority of YJ parents. I am new to the club as well and after reading some of this nonense I'm afraid to talk to parents at practice!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I really hope the stuff I see on this site is not indicative to the personalities of the majority of YJ parents. I am new to the club as well and after reading some of this nonense I'm afraid to talk to parents at practice!!
Seriously for a moment - do not be afraid to ask questions at your practices. While BOTC does afford an avenue to ask the questions that might seem elementary or controversial, you should also be asking these same types of questions in the open with your individual clubs, Yellow Jackets or otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As YJ parent for more than 5 years I have never had a problem with any parents. They have all been extremely pleasant. I feel the nonsense on this site is to deliberately scare people away. Even after being moved to different teams we felt comfortable. It's a huge family. Although just like any family there may be one bad egg!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
New parent asked the question here for the same reason you answered it here.

Again why not ask the coach? What can BOTC tell them that their coach can't?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a yj parent for 6 years this site is a joke- not much positive to find here. The coaches are great and most parents are nice as well - is it crazy competitive as they get older- yes. Coach rose is very approachable as well if you have questions. The coach of your team and people that have been on your team are a great resource- don't be afraid to ask

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to website, uniform handout is May 20th.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a yj parent for 6 years this site is a joke- not much positive to find here. The coaches are great and most parents are nice as well - is it crazy competitive as they get older- yes. Coach rose is very approachable as well if you have questions. The coach of your team and people that have been on your team are a great resource- don't be afraid to ask

thanks for the advice, Carol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Such an [lacrosse] do you really think she is wasting her time posting on here- go back under your rock!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Such an [lacrosse] do you really think she is wasting her time posting on here- go back under your rock!

she would spend the time and money hiring a lawyer to threaten BOTC, but she wouldn't post here, or have a friend post here? and who is the [lacrosse] who lives under a rock?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually yes , Its been proven that she al least monitors the site, so it's not a stretch to assume she's also posting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually yes , Its been proven that she al least monitors the site, so it's not a stretch to assume she's also posting

Really? Proven? And what proof may that be?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Actually yes, Its been proven that she al least monitors the site, so it's not a stretch to assume she's also posting

Access from no fewer than three known different network machines/devices. BOTC will NOT disclose our tracking details aside from stating that posts have been made from each of these tracked locations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually yes, Its been proven that she al least monitors the site, so it's not a stretch to assume she's also posting

Access from no fewer than three known different network machines/devices. BOTC will NOT disclose our tracking details aside from stating that posts have been made from each of these tracked locations.

I would like to see her register and post comments openly, as a non-YJ travel parent I would be interested in reading her opinions on lots of girls lax topics, both YJ and non. She obviously knows her stuff.
That goes for all the top girl travel team organizers, Liberty, SC allstars, Express, Topguns, Team Elevate...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would like to see her register and post comments openly, as a non-YJ travel parent I would be interested in reading her opinions on lots of girls lax topics, both YJ and non. She obviously knows her stuff.
That goes for all the top girl travel team organizers, Liberty, SC allstars, Express, Topguns, Team Elevate...

None of them would ever open themselves to an anonymous post forum like that. Could BOTC set up a registered user thread or forum? (Where only registared users would be able to post). The tone of conversation changes drastically when all posts can be traced to registared users as can be seen from discussion board from other websites. The content and quality of information is drastically improved in this type of set up. I think the registered users mixing it up with anonymous here is crazy. The thread structure should be tha either everyone is anonymous or everyone is a known quantity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None of them would ever open themselves to an anonymous post forum like that. Could BOTC set up a registered user thread or forum? (Where only registared users would be able to post). The tone of conversation changes drastically when all posts can be traced to registared users as can be seen from discussion board from other websites. The content and quality of information is drastically improved in this type of set up. I think the registered users mixing it up with anonymous here is crazy. The thread structure should be tha either everyone is anonymous or everyone is a known quantity.

I can understand why BOTC would need to track ip addresses etc., but to use it to determine who/where anonymous posts come from is sort of invading the privacy of others. If people wanted you to know who they were they would put there names on their posts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can understand why BOTC would need to track ip addresses etc., but to use it to determine who/where anonymous posts come from is sort of invading the privacy of others. If people wanted you to know who they were they would put there names on their posts.
Only the internet tough-guys don't want to be tracked , or have to register. I would always post with my name if everyone els did too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YOU ARE WRONG...Nothing is booked for the U15! No one has been told who is on the team from 15 Blue. I'm sure it will be more kids then just the Blue team. Just like it has been in the past.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to the 8 Yellow Jackets recently named as Under Armour All-Americans. 10 of the 23 girls named o the North team are from Long Island... Great job young ladies!

http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school...nder-armour-announces-2012-all-americans

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Under Armour Girls' All-Americans

North

Name                  Hometown/High School                     Pos   College
Abrahamson, Meredith Chicago, IL/Loyola Academy M Marquette
Acton, Madison Sudbury, MA/Lincoln Sudbury M Duke
Boucher, Bryn Hingham, MA/Thayer Academy M Maryland
Bowman, Tayler Oswego, NY/Oswego G Towson
Bruno, Alexandra Garden City, NY/Garden City A Princeton
Dickinson, Catherine Garden City, NY/Garden City M Pennsylvania
DiMartino, Dene' Manorville, NY/Eastport South Manor M Johns Hopkins
Duryea, Kelsey Beverly, MA/Governor's Academy G Duke
Esposito, Christina West Babylon, NY/West Babylon M Northwestern
Farnham, Anne Andover, MA/Andover D Massachusetts
Heagerty, Annie Huntington, NY/St. Anthony's M Georgetown
Lazaroff, Emma Lafayette, CO/Fairview M Duke
Majorana, Halle Manhasset, NY/Manhasset A Maryland
McDonald, Megan Garden City, NY/Garden City G Georgetown
McHoul, Laura Westwood, MA/Westwood M New Hampshire
Messina, Darcy Sayville, NY/St. Anthony's A Florida
Milne, Shelby Camillus, NY/West Genesee D Hofstra
Peragallo, Stephanie Hauppauge, NY/Hauppauge D Notre Dame
Ranftle, Taylor Hauppauge, NY/Hauppauge A Virginia
Tracy, Sammy Jo Bedford, NY/Fox Lane M North Carolina
Treanor, Kayla Niskayuna, NY/Niskayuna M Syracuse
Waldstein, Tory Needham, MA/Needham D Harvard
Webster, Caroline Syracuse, NY/Christian Brothers-Syracuse M Syracuse

South

Name                  Hometown/High School                     Pos   College
Bannantine, Liz Owings Mills, MD/McDonogh D Princeton
Bodt, Erica Forest Hill, MD/John Carroll M Syracuse
Boyd, Brooke Sparks, MD/St. Paul's School M Virginia
Boyd, Kelly Sparks, MD/St. Paul's School M Virginia
Cross, Kelly Oreland, PA/Upper Dublin M Syracuse
Cummings, Taylor Ellicott City, MD/McDonogh School M Maryland
Darcangelo, Sam Freeland, MD/Maryvale Prep M Florida
Etchison, Corinne Eldersburg, MD/McDonogh School A Georgetown
Geiger, Katrina Drexel Hill, PA/Haverford School M Loyola
Gully, Liz Summit, NJ/Kent Place M/D Pennsylvania
Heavens, Allyson Garnet Valley, PA/Garnet Valley M Penn State
Karwoski, Ali Malvern, PA/Great Valley A Delaware
Mercer, Alice Woodbine, MD/Century D Maryland
Messinger, Aly Mendham, NJ/Mendham A North Carolina
Patterson, Paige Alexandria, VA/St. Stephen's & St. Agnes M North Carolina
Scarrone, Claire Rumson, NJ/Rumson Fair Haven M Duke
Schneider, Devon Lititz, PA/Manheim Township M Florida
Smesko, Kelci Ridgewood, NJ/Ridgewood A Duke
Toy, Stephanie Moorestown, NJ/Morrestown D Notre Dame
Ward, Megan Annapolis, MD/St. Mary's G North Carolina
Wolf, Molly Ruxton, MD/Bryn Mawr G Loyola
Zabel, Anne Ellicott City, MD/Marriotts Ridge M UMBC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly Carol Rose is also in charge of these selections also ,I heard al Bertalone barged his way into the meeting and influenced all the selections.Congratulations to all the girls that were selected it is a great honor and you should all be proud

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly Carol Rose is also in charge of these selections also ,I heard al Bertalone barged his way into the meeting and influenced all the selections.Congratulations to all the girls that were selected it is a great honor and you should all be proud

when does Carol have time to sleep?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

when does Carol have time to sleep?

She doesn't. She has to stay up all night, every night to count her $$$$$$$$$$$.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what a dope. trying to get a dig at CR you insult the girls. Secondly, instead of insulting you actually make her look good. If she had that power why in the world would you play anywhere else? Therefore, YJ = UA selection. Where do I sign up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what a dope. trying to get a dig at CR you insult the girls. Secondly, instead of insulting you actually make her look good. If she had that power why in the world would you play anywhere else? Therefore, YJ = UA selection. Where do I sign up?

I am pretty sure that post was sacrcastic. Congrats to all the girls!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When did people completely stop understanding sarcasm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When did people completely stop understanding sarcasm

The stopped understanding sarcasm when CR told them they weren't allowed to understand it.

Like Reply Quote
Page 48 of 327 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard