BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 45 of 327 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
9 of the 12 players named to the Newsday Girls Lacrosse Players to Watch list are Yellow Jackets - Congratulatons to all, a very talented group of young ladies

http://www.newsday.com/sports/high-school/girls-lacrosse/girls-lacrosse-players-to-watch-1.3626455#1

They all deserve congrats! And yes, 9 may be YJ, but 7 are from Suffolk schools and 2 are from GC - both areas whose talented lax players frequently play for YJ rather than another club.

Congrats to all on the list! But this is the problem with some of the YJ parents, you just can't help yourselves. This was a nice shout out to the accomplishments of these girls and you have to turn it around and make it into an oppurtunity to take a shot at other clubs. Why can't you just let the list speak for itself and be proud of your daughter if she is on the list? Anyway, congrats to the girls and to the parents who can take the accolades in stride.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9 of the 12 players named to the Newsday Girls Lacrosse Players to Watch list are Yellow Jackets - Congratulatons to all, a very talented group of young ladies

http://www.newsday.com/sports/high-school/girls-lacrosse/girls-lacrosse-players-to-watch-1.3626455#1

They all deserve congrats! And yes, 9 may be YJ, but 7 are from Suffolk schools and 2 are from GC - both areas whose talented lax players frequently play for YJ rather than another club.

Congrats to all on the list! But this is the problem with some of the YJ parents, you just can't help yourselves. This was a nice shout out to the accomplishments of these girls and you have to turn it around and make it into an oppurtunity to take a shot at other clubs. Why can't you just let the list speak for itself and be proud of your daughter if she is on the list? Anyway, congrats to the girls and to the parents who can take the accolades in stride.

This is the YJ thread. What's wrong with saying great job to the YJs on their own thread? Or is this thread set up for others to write negative things about the YJs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the YJ thread. What's wrong with saying great job to the YJs on their own thread? Or is this thread set up for others to write negative things about the YJs?

Again your missing it, it's a great oppurtunity to say job well done to the girls and a few posts did just that. Then a parent came along and used it as a negative sounding board bashing other clubs, it was a yj parent writing the negative things about other clubs in this case, not the other way around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taken from a Lancaster newspaper. This should be on every thread but I don't know how to do that smile

As the lacrosse season approaches I unfortunately turn my thoughts to the parents of these athletes. It’s not a lot of them, not even the majority, but a very small vocal minority that seem to ruin this wonderful sport each year.

I’ve come to the conclusion that this epidemic may ruin this game. I’ve also concluded that these acts from fully functioning adults are for a few reasons. The first is because they are living vicariously through their children and are helicopter parents (always hovering). Secondly they feel entitled (a word that will be brought up often) because they spent x-amount of money on their kid’s sport. Third, they think their child is better than they actually are. Finally, because it’s an affluent sport and they have some money, or a few letters (MD, PHD) at the end of their names, and think they can dictate playing time, press coverage, etc. because they’re in a profession where they do it 24/7.

In the five years that I have covered this sport I have witnessed a laundry list of actions by parents.

There have been, by my count, four coaches that have been run out by parents. All of these coaches had won MULTIPLE league titles. There’s a coach now that’s been on a parent’s hit list for two years. This parent went as far as to go to the school board and ask for this coach to be removed. Luckily the AD at that school took a stand and stood up for his coach. The aforementioned coaches didn’t have that administrative support.

Because this sport is becoming more popular and seeing its athletes succeed beyond high school more unrealistic expectations occur. Some parents seem to think that because John Smith at this school received a scholarship that their precious perfect child will too. Or because a certain school has a number of Division I players and they believe their child is just as good. THEY’RE NOT. It’s not easy to get a lacrosse scholarship and no lacrosse scholarship is a full ride. If you got your child into this sport to get a scholarship, or have their name in the newspaper, than they’re playing for the wrong reason.

I was told by a well-respected coach, in another sport that has similar problems, that winning and players succeeding is a problem and here’s why: Coaches understand god-given ability and realistic expectations and parents don’t. That’s the difference and that’s a problem. Point being: When you win, players succeed. With success come unrealistic expectations from some parents. That’s where the problem begins. 10 years ago this wasn’t an issue because the sport was in its infancy stage. Everyone just wanted to play for fun. Where did that go?

I have received too many emails to count on how my coverage of the sport is unfair and biased. I’ve received emails calling me names, emails calling for my job and emails saying I’m bad at my job. The writers of those emails are obviously hypocritical because they’re writing because they feel their child has been slighted. They have tunnel vision. They have a horse in the race. I don’t. Who’s objective in all of this? The reporter.

I understand that parents want the best for children. I really do. But there are ways to do that other than making everyone else’s life miserable. If most of these players knew how their parents were acting they’d be embarrassed.

A teenager gains nothing if they’re playing because of their parents pull. They gain more if they earned it. In fact, they gain even more if they don’t start. Life is that way. It’s unfair at times. It doesn’t always reward hard work. It doesn’t entitle anyone to anything. You don’t always get what you want. To forcefully keep your kids from experiencing this early in their lives will almost certainly handicap them in the real world where, more often than not, it doesn’t matter who your parents are.

Unfortunately this isn’t reserved for only lacrosse. It’s a disease spreading to every sport in high school. At a time when scholastic sports are on life support parents should be joining with coaches and the administration and be on the same team. Many aren’t. That’s sad. It’s pathetic. It needs to end.

Again, I don’t believe this is all parents. It’s a minority of them but a very vocal minority. I appreciate most of the parents. I understand the time and financial sacrifices you make and I enjoy speaking with most parents throughout the season.

Those that read this and nod their heads understand the problem. Those that read this and shake their heads ARE the problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again your missing it, it's a great oppurtunity to say job well done to the girls and a few posts did just that. Then a parent came along and used it as a negative sounding board bashing other clubs, it was a yj parent writing the negative things about other clubs in this case, not the other way around.

Can we all just get passed the "my club is better than your club thing"? It is getting Soooooooooo old!! In the immortal words of Rodney King "can't we all just get along"! smile

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, defenders never get the credit or accolades they deserve... and my daughter is a midfielder. Most media outlets seem to only give credit to goals scorers, not outstanding defensive play, leadership, sportsmanship and unselfish play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can truly relate to this articles, and yes everyone should take the time to read it! Well said. It does take an "an outsider, looking in," "an unbiased opinion," for people to take notice of what is really important. We as a lax family have sadly come into contact with too many of these parents. In all aspects of life, it is sad that it does come down to who you know, not what you know that enables some to succeed over others. I have said this before on BOTC, it is CHARACTER that makes a person and player. This is what we instill in our children everyday of their lives. I would much rather spend my time playing on a PAL team with parents and players that truly care about the community than on an elite travel team with snobby parents and obnoxious players. Coaching is extremely important, and great ones are hard to come by, these coaches are priceless. Training with passionate coaches that want to teach and make your child into the best they can be is priceless as well. The sport has become extremely competitive, but this reporter is correct, if you are playing for a scholarship, than you are playing for the wrong reason. My kids will graduate high school and go to college, yes I would love to see them play lacrosse, but that would just be an added bonus. We love the sport and love to watch our children play, I now laugh at those parents that have something to prove. They need to get there egos in check!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Today has to be a new word count record for the BOTC.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I agree, defenders never get the credit or accolades they deserve... and my daughter is a midfielder. Most media outlets seem to only give credit to goals scorers, not outstanding defensive play, leadership, sportsmanship and unselfish play.

And that's true across sports, unfortunately for all the non-scorers. <glum>

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can we all just get passed the "my club is better than your club thing"? It is getting Soooooooooo old!! In the immortal words of Rodney King "can't we all just get along"! smile

So the quote was ...

This was posted on a YJ thread. No putting down other clubs. Just congrats to yjs in their own thread. So tell me again your problem with the. Seems like the yj parents can't even congratulate their own girls in their own thread without someone looking to start trouble.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the YJ thread. What's wrong with saying great job to the YJs on their own thread? Or is this thread set up for others to write negative things about the YJs? [/quote]
Again your missing it, it's a great oppurtunity to say job well done to the girls and a few posts did just that. Then a parent came along and used it as a negative sounding board bashing other clubs, it was a yj parent writing the negative things about other clubs in this case, not the other way around. [/quote]
Can we all just get passed the "my club is better than your club thing"? It is getting Soooooooooo old!! In the immortal words of Rodney King "can't we all just get along"! smile [/quote]

So the quote was ...

This was posted on a YJ thread. No putting down other clubs. Just congrats to yjs in their own thread. So tell me again your problem with the. Seems like the yj parents can't even congratulate their own girls in their own thread without someone looking to start trouble. [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If kids decide not to play there are spots on teams. I have also heard of kids looking for teams in the spring and there are no spots on teams as they are full. I have also heard of 4 kids who quit, did not make their HS team, decide lax was not for them and they leave a spot open.
Liberty only has a roster or 20-22 players on a team. Yellow Jackets rosters are 24 + per team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again your missing it, it's a great oppurtunity to say job well done to the girls and a few posts did just that. Then a parent came along and used it as a negative sounding board bashing other clubs, it was a yj parent writing the negative things about other clubs in this case, not the other way around. [/quote]
Can we all just get passed the "my club is better than your club thing"? It is getting Soooooooooo old!! In the immortal words of Rodney King "can't we all just get along"! smile [/quote]

So the quote was ...

This was posted on a YJ thread. No putting down other clubs. Just congrats to yjs in their own thread. So tell me again your problem with the. Seems like the yj parents can't even congratulate their own girls in their own thread without someone looking to start trouble. [/quote] [/quote]The other day on this site Liberty posted college commits of there players, A Y.J. parent writes "thats It'" . And Yes we all know it was a yellow Jacket parent, because like a poster said a few posts back , Only the Y.J parent care about the commit list and Obnoxious enough to wield it like a weapon against any and all other clubs. So don't take the part of the attacked , offended parent , when it's your club that is actively more aggressive. Get your own people in check before crying about others

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the quote was ...

This was posted on a YJ thread. No putting down other clubs. Just congrats to yjs in their own thread. So tell me again your problem with the. Seems like the yj parents can't even congratulate their own girls in their own thread without someone looking to start trouble. [/quote] [/quote]The other day on this site Liberty posted college commits of there players, A Y.J. parent writes "thats It'" . And Yes we all know it was a yellow Jacket parent, because like a poster said a few posts back , Only the Y.J parent care about the commit list and Obnoxious enough to wield it like a weapon against any and all other clubs. So don't take the part of the attacked , offended parent , when it's your club that is actively more aggressive. Get your own people in check before crying about others [/quote]

You seem to be missing the point now. This is about posting on one's team thread something positive, not about possible comments. So let's start again so we are on the same page. Is is ok with you to post positive comments about the team on its own thread? Once we settle the original question then we can have a discussion about negative comments that follow. If your answer is yes to the original question, and I assume since liberty parents posted their commitments it is, then the response to the post about the Newsday girls to watch was inappropriate (especially as there were no put downs to any other club in the original post). This is not to say that posts on other sites have not been inappropriate, I am sure there are some. It does seem that the parents that complain about YJ parents supposedly (all we know is they are anonymous) posting these comments come on this site and do exactly the same thing they complain about. Then they justify it by saying, the YJ and they are so horrible it is acceptable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so what your saying is its ok to put down every other club on there thread , but not the Yellow Jackets on there thread?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the quote was ...

This was posted on a YJ thread. No putting down other clubs. Just congrats to yjs in their own thread. So tell me again your problem with the. Seems like the yj parents can't even congratulate their own girls in their own thread without someone looking to start trouble. [/quote] [/quote]The other day on this site Liberty posted college commits of there players, A Y.J. parent writes "thats It'" . And Yes we all know it was a yellow Jacket parent, because like a poster said a few posts back , Only the Y.J parent care about the commit list and Obnoxious enough to wield it like a weapon against any and all other clubs. So don't take the part of the attacked , offended parent , when it's your club that is actively more aggressive. Get your own people in check before crying about others [/quote]

You seem to be missing the point now. This is about posting on one's team thread something positive, not about possible comments. So let's start again so we are on the same page. Is is ok with you to post positive comments about the team on its own thread? Once we settle the original question then we can have a discussion about negative comments that follow. If your answer is yes to the original question, and I assume since liberty parents posted their commitments it is, then the response to the post about the Newsday girls to watch was inappropriate (especially as there were no put downs to any other club in the original post). This is not to say that posts on other sites have not been inappropriate, I am sure there are some. It does seem that the parents that complain about YJ parents supposedly (all we know is they are anonymous) posting these comments come on this site and do exactly the same thing they complain about. Then they justify it by saying, the YJ and they are so horrible it is acceptable. [/quote]Yes it would be nice to post congratulations to players from your club , on your clubs thread without venom from other clubs , but "thats It " is pretty condescending, don't you agree. I understand that you are upset that someone had a nasty comment when trying to heap praise on your girls. But you need to understand that until the Yellow Jackets stop saying how much better they are than every other club (weather it's true or not, a little humility is a sign of class , something a lot of Yellow Jacket parents apparently lack) your club will be attacked. With that being said I am a Liberty parent , and I have looked back on a lot of the past posts and have yet to come up with a post where any Liberty parent has ever said how our club is a more successful club when it comes to wins and loses, or placement of players into the college ranks. I have only seen where 1 parent said that liberty is better for his daughter in his experiences. But i have seen many Yellow Jacket parents bashing Liberty. and I have seen other club parents bashing The yellow Jackets. Any disagreement between Carol Rose and Danielle Gallagher are theres and should not be a reflection on any parent or player from either club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the quote was ...

This was posted on a YJ thread. No putting down other clubs. Just congrats to yjs in their own thread. So tell me again your problem with the. Seems like the yj parents can't even congratulate their own girls in their own thread without someone looking to start trouble.

Everyone with a brain understands your reasoning the only problem is you need to understand you cannot argue with stupid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so what your saying is its ok to put down every other club on there thread , but not the Yellow Jackets on there thread?

You may want to read the thread again. It discusses saying positive things about a club on its own thread. Do you have a comprehension problem?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You may want to read the thread again. It discusses saying positive things about a club on its own thread. Do you have a comprehension problem?

let me clarify for the people that do have comprehension issues, Yellow Jacket parents go on other threads and say mean things. But you don't like it when it's done on yours.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let me get this straight because you believe there are YJ parents who have acted like morons on other sites it makes it okay for you to act like a moron on this site. That's makes a lot of sense excellent lesson for the kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You may want to read the thread again. It discusses saying positive things about a club on its own thread. Do you have a comprehension problem

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

let me clarify for the people that do have comprehension issues, Yellow Jacket parents go on other threads and say mean things. But you don't like it when it's done on yours.

This was not what the conversation was about. You seem to be avoiding the issue at hand...as stated let's clarify the first issue then we can talk about your issur.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This was not what the conversation was about. You seem to be avoiding the issue at hand...as stated let's clarify the first issue then we can talk about your issur.
O.k. one more time since YOU are the one that has a hred time understanding.........YES IT WOULD BE NICE TO SAY GOOD THINS ABOUT YOUR KIDS ON YOUR TEAM THREAD............YES IT WOULD BE NICE TO SAY GOOD THINS ABOUT YOUR KIDS ON YOUR TEAM THREAD............YES IT WOULD BE NICE TO SAY GOOD THINS ABOUT YOUR KIDS ON YOUR TEAM THREAD............SEEING AS YOUR A Y.J. PARENT YOU SHOULD NOT COMPLAIN BECAUSE YOUR OWN TEAM MEMBERS ARE THE MAIN CULPRITS IN TRASH TALKING ON OTHER TEAM THREADS.........OK DO YOU NOW UNDERSTAND. In the realm of the big 3 girls programs, Yellow Jackets, Top Guns, and Liberty, basically , TopGuns and liberty have nothing to say to each other, but yet there are nasty comments on both threads from Yellow Jacket parents that think because they are Anonymous, that the parents from Top Guns, and Liberty are dumb enough to believe that it's not from you classless people. You are fooling no one . Stop crying about things you yourself are guilty of.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

O.k. one more time since YOU are the one that has a hred time understanding.........YES IT WOULD BE NICE TO SAY GOOD THINS ABOUT YOUR KIDS ON YOUR TEAM THREAD............YES IT WOULD BE NICE TO SAY GOOD THINS ABOUT YOUR KIDS ON YOUR TEAM THREAD............YES IT WOULD BE NICE TO SAY GOOD THINS ABOUT YOUR KIDS ON YOUR TEAM THREAD............SEEING AS YOUR A Y.J. PARENT YOU SHOULD NOT COMPLAIN BECAUSE YOUR OWN TEAM MEMBERS ARE THE MAIN CULPRITS IN TRASH TALKING ON OTHER TEAM THREADS.........OK DO YOU NOW UNDERSTAND. In the realm of the big 3 girls programs, Yellow Jackets, Top Guns, and Liberty, basically , TopGuns and liberty have nothing to say to each other, but yet there are nasty comments on both threads from Yellow Jacket parents that think because they are Anonymous, that the parents from Top Guns, and Liberty are dumb enough to believe that it's not from you classless people. You are fooling no one . Stop crying about things you yourself are guilty of.
I think that about sums it up! can we put this topic to bed now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For some reason people are lost on the logic on this one. Let’s put it straight, then to bed.
“9 of the 12 players named to the Newsday Girls Lacrosse Players to Watch list are Yellow Jackets - Congratulatons to all, a very talented group of young ladies”
The above was a very nice acknowledgement for some of the club players.
“They all deserve congrats! And yes, 9 may be YJ, but 7 are from Suffolk schools and 2 are from GC - both areas whose talented lax players frequently play for YJ rather than another club.”
This one above started out as a nice acknowledgement then turned into club bashing. Then everyone is crying that they can’t even acknowledge players without blah blah blah…… it is the quote “whose talented lax players frequently play for YJ rather than another club.” Made by apparently a YJ parent, that everyone was attacking not the good will towards the players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For some reason people are lost on the logic on this one. Let’s put it straight, then to bed.
“9 of the 12 players named to the Newsday Girls Lacrosse Players to Watch list are Yellow Jackets - Congratulatons to all, a very talented group of young ladies”
“They all deserve congrats! And yes, 9 may be YJ, but 7 are from Suffolk schools and 2 are from GC - both areas whose talented lax players frequently play for YJ rather than another club.”
This one above started out as a nice acknowledgement then turned into club bashing. Then everyone is crying that they can’t even acknowledge players without blah blah blah…… it is the quote “whose talented lax players frequently play for YJ rather than another club.” Made by apparently a YJ parent, that everyone was attacking not the good will towards the players.
Has newsday suddenly become the definitive word in girls lacrosse? i bet that they would've told us that northport would dominate west babylon, how did that work out?. trust me newsday, msg varsity and even the espn rankings(touts) are worthless more often than not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No different than the college games. Hopkins gets all the love, almost every game televised.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No bashing here just facts so what are all of you yelling about. Some parents just look for good excuses to put down YJ. I am sur there are plenty of good kids to watch on other clubs. They just didn't make the news day list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No bashing here just facts so what are all of you yelling about. Some parents just look for good excuses to put down YJ. I am sur there are plenty of good kids to watch on other clubs. They just didn't make the news day list.

Lost on logic, you have it all twisted in your head to suit your argument and you can't see that the childish bashing was all started by your own. It must be very hard to see through the black and yellow tinted googles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because I think some of the Yellow Jacket didn't see what the original debate was about. I will post it. But let me say I think that every team should be able to post kind words to there players on there thread without bad comments from anyone.

#9523 - 03/17/12 07:36 PM Re: Long Island Liberty Lacrosse [Re: CageSage]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: CageSage
Congratulations to the following Class of 2012 players from the Long Island Liberty on their college placements. Enjoy your final summer before heading to your collegiate locations! Good luck!

Charlotte Avallone- Manhasset HS – Lafayette
Kaitlin Brown- Port Washington Schreiber HS – Marist
Aileen Carey- Sacred Heart- Quinnipiac
Chrissy Commons- Port Washington Schreiber HS – Hofstra
Becky Conto- Sacred Heart- Hofstra
Nina Corcoran – Sacred Heart- University of Pennsylvania
Sarah Coutier- Kellenberg – Siena
Cara Dellavecchia- North Shore HS – George Washington
Amanda Johansen- North Shore HS – USC
Hayley Kerr- Port Washington Schreiber HS – USC
Kristen Lynch – Wesleyan University
Halle Majorana- Manhasset HS – University of Maryland
Catherine McTiernan- Garden City HS – University of Richmond
Rory Sadoff – University of Massachussets-Amherst
Emma Salter- Sacred Heart- Marquette

Is that it?

Now I think most of us are smart enough to know that the Jackets are very proud of there college commits. We also know that they notoriously bash them over the head of other clubs. I also think we are all smart enough to know that the "is that it " quote came from the Jackets. Clean your own house before complaining about others

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could it have been a yj parent, absolutely. Also, because of anonimity. It very well may have been another club parent stirring it up. Please dont say that is crazy, because we can see. who has something to say on everyone else team site. You can also see the hatred toward carol and yj's, would'nt put it past alot of fellow laxrs. Sorry to say.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Newsday just does'nt or can't dig down too deep in researching this, since YJ has had success and is a large organization and getting larger they are easy to spot and cover. You are right thought there are good players on other clubs also.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Newsday does not ever mention club teams. This is true for all sports, not just lacrosse. You will never see a club get a shout-out from Newsday. Newsday did not mention YJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Newsday does not ever mention club teams. This is true for all sports, not just lacrosse. You will never see a club get a shout-out from Newsday. Newsday did not mention YJ.

Wrong
http://www.newsday.com/sports/high-...e-one-about-the-yellow-jackets-1.3073388

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong again!
http://www.newsday.com/news/kidsday-my-traveling-lacrosse-team-1.2577746

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could it have been a yj parent, absolutely. Also, because of anonimity. It very well may have been another club parent stirring it up. Please dont say that is crazy, because we can see. who has something to say on everyone else team site. You can also see the hatred toward carol and yj's, would'nt put it past alot of fellow laxrs. Sorry to say.
But like so many others have said. Only the Y.J.'s really care, or ever have something to say about it. As the Y.J. faithful have pointed out , no one els even posts commits.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Hahaha, you are kidding, right? That was a Kidsday article, written by a kid. I stand by my assertion that Newsday will not mention a club team and add the clarification that I am referring to newsday employees authoring articles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong
http://www.newsday.com/sports/high-...e-one-about-the-yellow-jackets-1.3073388

This article certainly mentions clubs.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Let's say I write an editorial that mentions a club. Are we counting that too? You will not see Newsday reporters mention club teams.

Check the Liberty thread. There is an article about one of their players, Danielle Gallagher makes a statement, there is NO mention of Liberty. Newsday reports on HS sports, not club sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's say I write an editorial that mentions a club. Are we counting that too? You will not see Newsday reporters mention club teams.

Check the Liberty thread. There is an article about one of their players, Danielle Gallagher makes a statement, there is NO mention of Liberty. Newsday reports on HS sports, not club sports.
as was mentioned earlier, there's no way an almost bankrupt entity if paying anyone to scout every varsity program on long island, they have a handful of contacts/cronies who whisper in thier ear programs/kids to watch, nothing more than that to it

Like Reply Quote
Page 45 of 327 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard