BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,892
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 207 of 327 1 2 205 206 207 208 209 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JEALOUSLY WILL KILL YOU!!! YOU GET SPECIAL TREATMENT ON ANY FIRST TEAM. RIDICULOUS PEOPLE. GET A LIFE!! DAVE IS ONE OF THE BEST COACHES I KNOW. TG's Not even in the same league. Their coaches don't even coach!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why doesn't "your friend" say something then why come on Yj thread and complain about elevate. Obviously daughter's not one of the top players . We got our own problems. Bye now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where's " your friend " from? Which team did she come from?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh boo hoo.. Your poor friend... Maybe she should get her daughter some privates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
25 girls per team, seriously?

TG 2017 has 27!

Please we has at least 6-7 teams with more than 25 kids on a roster this past summer - sad when you're hoping that some of girls don't show up for every tourney

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The longer you know Dave, the more his true colors are revealed. This has been going on there forever and won't stop. The rules only apply to everyone else smile

Spoke to my friend at Elevate after I read the posts on this forum. Her daughter also was not invited to the events this weekend and had no idea that they were taking place until she heard it from somebody else. She was especially disappointed to learn about the recruiting event that Elevate set up for recruiting age girls. She said she was told when she signed up that all recruiting age girls would get the same opportunities and said this is not the first time this has happened this fall/winter. She knows she made a mistake with Elevate but said she knows she has to stick it out this year.

She said that she was also told that there would be some team winter opportunities. She said there have been no team practices and there has been no discussion about her daughter's team playing in a league. She specifically joined Elevate as they promoted how they play year round but so far has heard nothing. She seemed very annoyed and disappointed with the club on several fronts and then went on to tell me how she ordered clothes for the holiday for her daughter and the clothes came very late and were just awful, both the design and quality and were quite expensive.

I'm guessing that your friend is a TG or YJ transfer that thought the grass was greener somewhere else. They got stuck on the white team at Elevate which doesn't do anything the entire winter. Looks like a long year for your friend. Maybe your friend should look into Beach Bums, LI Wave or Team 91 next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Gotogoal
The longer you know Dave, the more his true colors are revealed. This has been going on there forever and won't stop. The rules only apply to everyone else smile

Spoke to my friend at Elevate after I read the posts on this forum. Her daughter also was not invited to the events this weekend and had no idea that they were taking place until she heard it from somebody else. She was especially disappointed to learn about the recruiting event that Elevate set up for recruiting age girls. She said she was told when she signed up that all recruiting age girls would get the same opportunities and said this is not the first time this has happened this fall/winter. She knows she made a mistake with Elevate but said she knows she has to stick it out this year.

She said that she was also told that there would be some team winter opportunities. She said there have been no team practices and there has been no discussion about her daughter's team playing in a league. She specifically joined Elevate as they promoted how they play year round but so far has heard nothing. She seemed very annoyed and disappointed with the club on several fronts and then went on to tell me how she ordered clothes for the holiday for her daughter and the clothes came very late and were just awful, both the design and quality and were quite expensive.

I'm guessing that your friend is a TG or YJ transfer that thought the grass was greener somewhere else. They got stuck on the white team at Elevate which doesn't do anything the entire winter. Looks like a long year for your friend. Maybe your friend should look into Beach Bums, LI Wave or Team 91 next year.

Let's be realistic folks. In a 2-hour showcase scrimmage playing the 2016,2017 and 2018 teams against each other, and with college coaches just beginning to look at 2018's, do you really think they would be looking that closely at a 2nd team 2018 player. NO. And do you really want a second or third team 2018 playing the already committed 2016 and 2017 players? It is just going to make the younger players look that much worse. It was hard enough for the 18 first team, the 18 second or third team would have gotten crushed. The time will come for all the players to be seen. This would not have been a good idea for the second and third 18 teams. It was a great opportunity for those who were invited, and I understand the frustration of those that weren't. But be careful what you ask for. You don't want your daughters getting discouraged and looking terrible the first time a coach sees them. Give Dave and Elevate more credit for knowing what is appropriate for different teams. It was a new approach for getting Long Island seen in a small forum. Kudos for setting it up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't seem like she really had a choice whether to stick it out this year. She's stuck. It sucks but the grass is not greener especially on the white team. Who would accept a spot on the white team? Only thing worse is Tg white team and our Yj 4th team. If from Yj certainly had enough time to decide. Tg and elevate commital was around the same time if I'm not mistaken.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough call for many. I know several players who were not happy with the second or third team offer from TGs, decided to roll dice with YJs only to be offered a spot on an even lower team. The switch is lateral teams in some cases and a team or two down in most cases. I do feel bad for several girls and parents I know because it is a tough decision to make. At this point all the tryouts are done so there are not many choices left. Reality of the situation is these people passed on 3rd team TG, now looking at 4th, 5th team YJ, its about the same thing

At least with TG they are allowed to play in the same tournaments as the other teams. With YJ they are sent to lesser tourneys that are mostly in house JY teams vs YJ teams. 1st and 2nd teams get to play in the real tourns ans the other teams are sent to YJ vs YJ tourns or to tourns to play town teams.

Elevate is the EXACT same way. I spoke with my friend whose daughter plays there and this weekend they had practice and a special recruiting event for select 2016, 2017 and 2018 teams. NOT all of the teams were invited. She was really disappointed when she found out that all this was going on. Elevate always tells you how they treat ALL of the teams in an age group the same. That is not the case. Her daghter is on the 2018 team and was NOT asked to attend ANY of the events they have this weekend (practice and the special recruiting event being hosted by Elevate). [/quote]

Interesting. My daughter plays in one of those age groups and we knew nothing about all of these things going on this weekend, the practice and recruiting clinic. It is funny because they sent A LOT of emails leading up to the holidays asking for money, charity, donations, etc. I guess they forgot to tell us about this weekend. Happy holidays "Team" Elevate and the Elevate "family"! [/quote]

Elevate is not going to tell you that the recruiting event is taking place if they don't want your daughter to attend so of course you wouldn't know about it. Yes, Elevate will gladly take your money and donations since you are part of the family even if they dont invite you to all of the family gatherings!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tough call for many. I know several players who were not happy with the second or third team offer from TGs, decided to roll dice with YJs only to be offered a spot on an even lower team. The switch is lateral teams in some cases and a team or two down in most cases. I do feel bad for several girls and parents I know because it is a tough decision to make. At this point all the tryouts are done so there are not many choices left. Reality of the situation is these people passed on 3rd team TG, now looking at 4th, 5th team YJ, its about the same thing

At least with TG they are allowed to play in the same tournaments as the other teams. With YJ they are sent to lesser tourneys that are mostly in house JY teams vs YJ teams. 1st and 2nd teams get to play in the real tourns ans the other teams are sent to YJ vs YJ tourns or to tourns to play town teams.

Elevate is the EXACT same way. I spoke with my friend whose daughter plays there and this weekend they had practice and a special recruiting event for select 2016, 2017 and 2018 teams. NOT all of the teams were invited. She was really disappointed when she found out that all this was going on. Elevate always tells you how they treat ALL of the teams in an age group the same. That is not the case. Her daghter is on the 2018 team and was NOT asked to attend ANY of the events they have this weekend (practice and the special recruiting event being hosted by Elevate). [/quote]

Interesting. My daughter plays in one of those age groups and we knew nothing about all of these things going on this weekend, the practice and recruiting clinic. It is funny because they sent A LOT of emails leading up to the holidays asking for money, charity, donations, etc. I guess they forgot to tell us about this weekend. Happy holidays "Team" Elevate and the Elevate "family"! [/quote]

Elevate doesn't care if you and your daughter are unhappy. Let's be real. They invited the 2016, 2017 and 2018 kids that they wanted to attend and clearly the team your daughter is on is not one of the ones that that they wanted to be there. You have two options, stay with Elevate and deal with it or move on. At this point you can try and go to some other clubs that still need girls for the summer.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's be realistic folks. In a 2-hour showcase scrimmage playing the 2016,2017 and 2018 teams against each other, and with college coaches just beginning to look at 2018's, do you really think they would be looking that closely at a 2nd team 2018 player. NO. And do you really want a second or third team 2018 playing the already committed 2016 and 2017 players? It is just going to make the younger players look that much worse. It was hard enough for the 18 first team, the 18 second or third team would have gotten crushed. The time will come for all the players to be seen. This would not have been a good idea for the second and third 18 teams. It was a great opportunity for those who were invited, and I understand the frustration of those that weren't. But be careful what you ask for. You don't want your daughters getting discouraged and looking terrible the first time a coach sees them. Give Dave and Elevate more credit for knowing what is appropriate for different teams. It was a new approach for getting Long Island seen in a small forum. Kudos for setting it up.

I can give you evidence that you are wrong with respect to the second team players not getting looked at for 2018. TGs only 2018 commitment was not from the black team but the purple team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While it sounds like a nice idea to get your blue teams some extra looks from college coaches you can certainly see where a member of a lower team could be put off. Having said that if you are playing on anything but blue at Elevate you kind of have to be honest with yourself. Is getting beat up by blue going to help your chances of being recruited?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can give you evidence that you are wrong with respect to the second team players not getting looked at for 2018. TGs only 2018 commitment was not from the black team but the purple team.

That is a very good point. Having seen the 1st and 2nd Elevate teams in that age group play, many of those girls are interchangeable. I think the point people are missing here is that the club told the parents who are paying good money to be on those teams that all of the recruiting age girls will have the same opportunities and that clearly is not the case. When you host an event like that and clearly do not include the girls in that age group, you are sending the wrong message. Like another poster said, be up front and say, if you are on the #1 team, you will be treated differently. It is up to you to decide if you want to be part of a club that is run that way. Be honest, you would be surprised how much better it works with your customers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pay up folks. Clock is ticking. Those on the 3rd 4th and 5th team, might as well burn that cash. You're about to waste it! Get ready for some real disappointing tournaments, playing against Yellow Jacket and YJ North teams.

No Kidding. “ A fool and his money are soon parted”. I feel bad for the kid’s on these teams. They will not be looked at for college recruitment and will never have a chance to move up. Once you go below the third team, you might as well save your money. At that point you’re basically on a PAL level team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And that was because BS screwed alot of the girls on White when he stole the goalie! He moved some of the girls up because they had younger sisters he didn't want to loose. Seriously some of the girls cannot catch a cold.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So true! My daughter played there and I RAN from that club. If you don't drink his koolaid.....you might as well leave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dave is not a bad guy but he shouldn't be coaching. He starts alot of trouble on the field with refs and he definitely has his "pets" on the first team. He really should take a step back because he has burned alot of bridges in the lacrosse community.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BS or DK? Or both?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pay up folks. Clock is ticking. Those on the 3rd 4th and 5th team, might as well burn that cash. You're about to waste it! Get ready for some real disappointing tournaments, playing against Yellow Jacket and YJ North teams.

No Kidding. “ A fool and his money are soon parted”. I feel bad for the kid’s on these teams. They will not be looked at for college recruitment and will never have a chance to move up. Once you go below the third team, you might as well save your money. At that point you’re basically on a PAL level team.

Any team playing in Nassau PAL "A" division would beat any yj team 3-6 pretty easily

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone happy with the YJ Tournament choices this season?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks OK, since you asked which ones should be on the list?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OWN IT.

I think that is all that the Elevate customers on here are asking the Elevate directors to do. All fall and winter Elevate directors have been telling the recruitable age kids - you are good enough to get recruited. Sign up and pay for these tournaments in NJ and MD and get ready for the tournaments by coming to our clinics (all of which puts food on the director'$ family table) and contact the college coaches. All fall this is what the kids have been told by Elevate.

Now, Elevate organizes a recruiting event in our own backyard and the directors decide to kick half the kids to the curb after telling them all fall what to do to get recruited. Really???? Even if they thought it wasnt in the kids(or Elevate's from a marketing perspective) best interest to be there, be up front and let them know that the event is taking place and what the deal is instead of kids and parents hearing about it on here or from others.

Whether the decision was a good or bad one, it doesnt matter, it was how they went about it that matters and now Elevate can try and not address it and sweep it under the rug or they can try and build credibility by telling their customers why and how the decision was made. By having an Elevate director come on this forum and hid behind the anonymoity of it all and try to justify why kids werent invited is NOT the way to build credibility.

You are running a business and these are your customers. Wether or not you think you made a mistake doesnt matter. A large population of your customers feel misled and betrayed and rightfully so.

OWN IT!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any team playing in Nassau PAL "A" division would beat any yj team 3-6 pretty easily

Not sure about that 4th 2019 YJ team. I hear they recruited a top notch DADDY coach from the TG program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2018 and probably the 2017 teams should be going to atleast one of the IWLCA summer tourneys. Other than that, looks OK.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excuses, justification, lies, bulls*#$. The Elevate motto.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Welcome to the world of "Big Time Travel Lax" Organizations. Can't wait to hear how bad you have it compared to YJ, TG, 91 etc...

Please remember, the organizers and administrators would not be involved if not for the $$$$$$.

When Mother Theresa starts her own program, join it... other than that, expect unfairness and a very large expense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2018 and probably the 2017 teams should be going to atleast one of the IWLCA summer tourneys. Other than that, looks OK.

Thanks for you input.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Welcome to the world of "Big Time Travel Lax" Organizations. Can't wait to hear how bad you have it compared to YJ, TG, 91 etc...

Please remember, the organizers and administrators would not be involved if not for the $$$$$$.

When Mother Theresa starts her own program, join it... other than that, expect unfairness and a very large expense.

So are you saying that all businesses are built on excuses, BS, justification, etc. or just travel lax businesses? I know my business has not been built on that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No No No ! WE ARE FAMILY It's different here haha.
SUCKER!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OMG YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!! SHES A JOKE AND THE TALK OF TG'S. DADDY DID ALL THE LEG WORK. NOT EVEN A SOLID PLAYER.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like many teams will have 6-7 tournaments in some ages. That's a good thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous] OMG YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!! SHES A JOKE AND THE TALK OF TG'S. DADDY DID ALL THE LEG WORK. NOT EVEN A SOLID PLAYER. [/quote
What adult uses OMG? Don' know the player, but the only 2018 commit from TG that I saw on their site is on Black, not purple as an earlier poster said. Sounds like a very jealous person posted this.

For many of these girls, the parents do most of the leg work when it comes to recruiting and committing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous] OMG YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!! SHES A JOKE AND THE TALK OF TG'S. DADDY DID ALL THE LEG WORK. NOT EVEN A SOLID PLAYER. [/quote
What adult uses OMG? Don' know the player, but the only 2018 commit from TG that I saw on their site is on Black, not purple as an earlier poster said. Sounds like a very jealous person posted this.

For many of these girls, the parents do most of the leg work when it comes to recruiting and committing.
DADDYS MIGHT DO LEG WORK BUT WHEN YOU PAY OFF THE DIRECTOR IS THAT INCLUDED TOO?? LIKE STATED ABOVE KID IS NOT EVEN A SOLID PLAYER. SO EVERYONE LETS PAY OFF BS BECAUSE THATS WHAT EVERYONE ELSE DOES. SHE JUST
MYSTERICALLY APPEARS ON THE BLACK TEAM THIS YEAR OUT OF NOWHERE BECAUSE SHE IS VERBALLY COMMITTED REALLY GET A LIFE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So are you saying that all businesses are built on excuses, BS, justification, etc. or just travel lax businesses? I know my business has not been built on that?

Your business was started and run to do what? Lose money? Expand it, let greed set in and you will take short cuts too... Try to provide a product that ends up being not worth what it once was at the expense of your consumers... Give yourself a chance...I'm sure all the big time lax programs started with your same philanthropic ideals...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like many teams will have 6-7 tournaments in some ages. That's a good thing.

Yes, what would the season be without the mitchell field extravaganza and the PAL tourney in babylon!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, what would the season be without the mitchell field extravaganza and the PAL tourney in babylon!

Cute but looking at 2021, Elevate has 4 tourneys and Top Guns 5 with one of them being the LI3 classic which is worse than both of the aforementioned. I'll take the YJ 7 but keep trying to take a shot at the champ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here are the actual "mottos" from the Yellow Jacket and Elevate websites. Who lives up to their promises?

The Yellow Jackets are the FIRST and FINEST competitive Long Island Girl's lacrosse travel club program. They are highly recognized as the Premier club on Long Island. Yellow Jackets are a "SELECT LACROSSE CLUB" looking for the BEST players from Long Island!!
Teams are coached by Top HS Coaches, USA/World Cup Players, All Americans and Collegiate players who are dedicated year round to developing the top lacrosse players from our region. 

vs.

We area girl's travel lacrosse program who is focused on developing the best student-athletes.  We cater to multi-sport athletes who are very good lacrosse players.  We are looking for great kids who come from great families.  No matter what a families financial situation, we will provide them the opportunity to play lacrosse for Team Elevate.  Over the years we have given out dozens of scholarships for our Team Elevate program.  

Our mission as both a team and as an individual is quite simple - Be The Best We Can Be.

In order to Be the Best, we focus our efforts on five (5) key areas:
Education
Nutrition& Lifestyle
Strength & Conditioning
Mental Conditioning
Lacrosse IQ & Skills

Our Motto:

ELEVATE YOUR MIND * ELEVATE YOUR BODY * ELEVATE YOUR GAME * ELEVATE YOUR LIFE

We will empower each of the student athletes to believe in themselves, believe in their teammates and believe in our team philosophies.

Whether it be on the field, in class or in our community, we will be a team of leaders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You ALL are pathetic. You are talking about little girl lacrosse and living through your daughters. man up, write your name with every post and stop being Internet tough guys!

Robert Hopkins

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You ALL are pathetic. You are talking about little girl lacrosse and living through your daughters. man up, write your name with every post and stop being Internet tough guys!

Robert Hopkins

This is the YJ way of doing things. Fear the Bee!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dave complete TOOL. Money grabber. Got fired on wall street. This is his job. Everyone forgets he was the coach for the brine team a few years ago and picked mostly Elevate girls. Complete CLOWN with Elevate and has a Player.

Like Reply Quote
Page 207 of 327 1 2 205 206 207 208 209 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard