GREAT NECK NORTH BLAZERS
Coach: Kristen Cornicello
Key players
Emily Nitzberg, M, Sr.
Taylor Nelson, M, Sr.
Gabrielle Berger, M, So.
Sabrina Damaghi, A, Sr.
Haley Nelson, D, Sr.
Outlook: Return most of their starters and have promising additions in sophomore goalie Kyra Charton and eighth-grade attack Ariella Lerner.

Congratulations to this eighth grader - tremendous achievement. My question is - How are some schools allowed to make a policy that 8th graders can not play varsity while other schools allow it - like this school? If the state allows it, shouldn't the school be required to comply? Our school does not allow it to happen.

I would think there are other things you must consider. This is conference V NOOT conference I or II. I am sure the demand and supply in this town is drastically lower than towns that are breeding skilled lacrosse players. That said, there is probably more of a need to move a girl like this up. In addition, in conference V I am sure she is playing with a bunch of 11th and 12th graders that can not pass, catch or shoot with their opposite hand and arent exactly sure where to be on the field. You should think about this before thinking all schools should move 8th graders up to Varsity.