Originally Posted by Anonymous
Good feedback

#1 you don’t need goaliesmith at this age, plus the earliest age they were taking this summer is 2029. That’s girls going into 7th grade. Otherwise Def need to work on fundamentals. Went to a couple of GS sessions over the last year and think you need to have some experience before going to goaliesmith. They are generally shooting pretty hard at all girls and difficultly level is a bit much for elementary school age kids.

#2 try finding a college level goalie. We use a senior D1 goalie from the tristate she is also a coach for one of the big programs. Charges 55 an hour.

#3 ask the club about goalie program and goalie coaches.

#4 check our lax goalie rate website and podcast and start with all the femal goalie podcasts

I live in MD. I accidentally posted here in the NE forum not realizing it. Having said that, I live probably 10 minutes away from the Goaliesmith training location, thus she's participating in their Elementary school program. They have 3 sessions per month typically. I actually signed her up for Goaliesmith's 90 x 5 weekend clinic, but Andrew kicked her out because the youngest that was in the program was 2027, thus age gap was too great for her since she is 2031.

I agree that any new and young goalie should reach out to local resources and find a college-level goalie to tutor, it's well worth the money and you'll see exponential results in 5-6 months of training.

But in the end, it all comes down to the individual, she needs to love being a goalie and continue to learn, improve and grow. Getting with a good club with sufficient resources and a developmental program is also important.

Best of luck.